Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Input System and Steam Remote Play

Discussion in 'Input System' started by MossHappyPlace, Aug 16, 2020.

1. MossHappyPlace

MossHappyPlace

Hello,

I've been developing a local multiplayer game and I'm using Unity Input system in order to pair users with devices, using InputUser.onUnpairedDeviceUsed

It works fine in local (new devices are recognized) but the event is not triggered when a device is used while using Steam Remote Play (the host device is recognized but not the devices for the players that joined the session).

Do you have any idea why this is the case?

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Hi @MossHappyPlace, would you mind filing a ticket with the Unity bug reporter? ("Help >> Report a Bug..." in the editor's main menu)

Sounds like there's something missing or not going right on our side to recognize the devices.

3. MossHappyPlace

MossHappyPlace

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your reply, I'll do that. I encountered an other issue with onUnpairedDeviceUsed that I had to monkey patch (event listener still firing after stopping game in the editor), but I don't know if this intended. Do you also want a bug report on this issue?

4. MossHappyPlace

MossHappyPlace

For people stumbling on this topic from a google search, it is aknowledged that unity new input system isn't compatible with Steam Remote Play Together, and you can see if the issue is resolved here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...d-doesnt-trigger-when-using-steam-remote-play

In the meantime, don't try to develop local multiplayer games with the new input system if you plan on releasing the game on steam.

Panzerhandschuh likes this.
  5. digiBeLow

digiBeLow

@Rene-Damm - it's been quite some time now, is there any update on this bug? Does the new input system work with Remote Play Together now?

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus

I just decided to look into that today. Interesting timing. I still don't know if it's fixed

7. Oznup

Oznup

Hello, are there some news about this issue ?

8. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

also curious about that one

9. julcreutz

julcreutz

It does not work. I'm on Input System 1.7.0.