Search Unity

Official Input System 1.3.0 released: more fixes

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Schubkraft, Jan 10, 2022.

1. kyubuns

kyubuns

2. CDF

CDF

Yes, I've submitted a bug a few months back:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/cas...reaks-interaction-and-button-visuals.1238977/

As have others:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/cas...-system-breaks-transition-color-tint.1235308/

No word from Unity yet. I suspect they're going to have a tough time with this one, because in order to support a multi-user event system and UI, changes have to be made to the UI framework. It can't be solved by the input system alone imo. The CanvasGroup technique is a dead end. You can't just keep turning it off/on every frame without causing transitions to play.

I tried UIToolkit too, but that was even worse. Since this whole approach relies on playerRoot gameObjects. UIToolkit does not use gameObjects, so...

3. sacb0y

sacb0y

4. zeryon

zeryon

New Input System work on PC but Gamepad.current is null and Gamepad.all is empty on build for xbox.
    Does 1.3 work on build for xbox series X? or just only support pc build?

5. alber_developer

alber_developer

Hi! I have an issue with Input System 1.3.0 I'm trying it (I've never used yet). In binding tab I don't see anything:

upload_2022-5-31_10-56-24.png

My setup:
    Unity version: 2021.3.3f1 LTS
    Input System: 1.3.0

Is an known issue? How to solve?

Thanks!

6. Guillaume-atVolumiq

Guillaume-atVolumiq

Any ETA for 1.4.0 ? Looking forward for the new lockedCursor behavior

coatline and Weidz_ like this.
  7. SniperED007

SniperED007

Has anybody tested a PlayStation 5 controller with SetMotorSpeeds(1, 0);
    The high frequency works but low frequency does not work at all.
    Unity 2021.3.5f1 with Input System 1.3.0 tested with wired controller on a Windows 10 pc.
    (The low frequency motor does work on the controller so it's not a controller issue)

8. dmytro_at_unity

dmytro_at_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, made a typo, sorry, just made a PR fixing it https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/pull/1554

9. SniperED007

SniperED007

I had logged a bug... IN-9090

Serious question here... but does Unity not have actual software testers, are your clients just meant to test for you?
    The reason I ask is that almost every new feature I've used has some seriously bad bugs that I've found within minutes of using it.

10. alexanderperrin

alexanderperrin

I love the work you're all doing at the InputSystem team, but I must agree, you could really benefit from the use of dedicated integration and system testers. I've been using the InputSystem since 1.0, and every version has had really nasty regressions which likely wouldn't be picked up in unit tests.

It's really becoming hard to work with, and I'm sure you find it tough too, so I really hope you can get the resources for this :)

11. SniperED007

SniperED007

12. nfynt-zap

nfynt-zap

I am using Unity Input System 1.3.0, but unable to get Axis1D values for trigger or grip! All other button, Axis2D, etc. seems to be working fine... I am using the following syntax
    Code (CSharp):
    1. (leftTriggerAxis.action?.ReadValue<float>() ?? 0f)
    to read the float, and positive that action is not null.

For what its worth, I am pushing the trigger value as following
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(typeIndx.first == kUnityXRInputFeatureUsageTrigger)
    2.           input_->DeviceState_SetAxis1DValue(state,typeIndx.second,left_controller_state.analogTrigger);
    where input_ is of type IUnityXRInputInterface.

@Schubkraft @dmytro_at_unity

13. bagelbaker

bagelbaker

Using the InputRecorder (the wrapper around InputEventTrace), I've notice during replay (frame one by one) that inputs are replayed twice slower in builds than in the editor. What could explain this?

For example, for the same .inputtrace file, the replay will have the follwing inputs:
    • in Editor: button press at frame 10 and 20.
    • in Build: button press at frame 20 and 40.
    Bug report IN-20935

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  14. bagelbaker

bagelbaker

It seems related to this bit
    In the editor, the input system is updated an extra time per frame by the Editor. In a build of a simple test project, I've tested to set the update mode to ProcessEventsManually and call InputSystem.Update() twice in a monobehaviour Update() and results seems to confirm that this is the issue.
    So InputEventTrace done in Editor aren't compatible to be replayed in builds. Is there a proper way to make this work? In builds of our main project, calling InputSystem.Update() seems to cause side effects and the whole project wasn't working very well.

15. nfynt-zap

nfynt-zap

For future reference, I've created a new thread explaining this issue along with possible reason for this misbehaviour here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/broken-iunityxrinput-interface-in-unity-xr-sdk-v1-main.1353587/