Search Unity

Input monitoring problem in Catalina

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bakno, Oct 8, 2019.

1. bakno

bakno

Our games created with Unity 5.6.4 are being erroneously filtered by Apple's latest OSX Catalina, as applications that monitor keyboard input while using other apps.

Actually, this operating system does the same to Unity when trying to run Unity 5.6.4.

Does anybody know why this happens and if there is a way to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

2. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

Hey, we're getting the same warning and some other devs too.

Still trying to find the solution, but one thing we have in common is the Rewired plugin. Not sure if it is actually causing the issue, but would you by any chance also have it installed in your project ?

Edit:

Turned out that none of the plugins were causing the issue. Fix by updating your Unity editor to the last Long-time support version (2017.4, 2018.4, etc.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

What version of the Rewired are you using?

4. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

Well it turned out that none of the plugins were causing the issue, even with a blank project we would get the warning.

The solution for us was to update Unity to a version >= than 2019.2.x (previously 2019.1.0f2).

I think it should be alright for any previous Unity generation to update to the long-term release version.

5. guavaman

guavaman

Rewired does not implement any native keyboard handling whatsoever on OSX. See Tested Platforms:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/Overview.html#tested-platforms

Keyboard input on OSX is entirely handled through UnityEngine.Input.GetKey. It can do nothing with regard to keyboard input outside what Unity does.

6. thedarcsage

thedarcsage

I just received this notification from the latest macOS Catalina v10.15.1 when I opened my project with an updated Unity 2017.4.36f1 despite it opening fine previously on 2017.4.19f1.

I had no major changes to my project other than assets being removed and project settings being changed for the Android build. No plugins were changed at all.

It is odd.