Search Unity

Input module for UI-Elements (Steam VR 2.2)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Nikmady, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Nikmady

Nikmady

Hello, sorry for my english(grammar).
    On assetstore, we have a plugin Steam VR vr. 2.2
    It is a very useful tool for thouse who want to make VR-games for Steam store.
    But in this package, absolutely zero UI(VR input module)'s samples. Poor info on internet about this UI Event-system.
    This tutorial
    only for Buttons, but not for Unitty UI-scrolls.

To solve this problem, we have a plugin Steam VR 1.2.3
    And this asset https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/vive-input-utility-64219
    with briliant UI-Input module examples. In this case, all works great.

But here is a question. At this time, at 2019 year.... we are really have no non-hemorrhoids-like solution "out of the box"(means like ViveInputsModule) out of native Steam VR 2.2 plugin?

I'm not a super-profi in C#, but when i've read plugin-documentation, I've not finded something useful about that question(opposite in Vive). Am I alone with this problem?
    If you had finded solution with native Steam VR 2.2, how to make it Interact with Unity UI-Elements (Buttons, Scrolls, and etc), tell us please...
    Seems it is a still a problem unfortunately =((

2. vanStelln

vanStelln

Hello Nikmady,

do you find an answer?
    I think it must be handled with the Event System from Unity and the IPointer events. But I didn't know how to implement it exactly yet.

3. Nikmady

Nikmady

Hello. Nope. :(:(
    Still using ViveInputsModule. It is free and native Vive framework.

4. vanStelln

vanStelln

Ok. I know about this framework. Luckily I think I'm close to the answer and will show it to you. I just need to test it. You will hear from me next week.