Search Unity

Input mappings ps4/xBox controllers

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TitusMachine_, Aug 19, 2018.

?

Has the fact that Unity xBox/ps4/... controller mapping doesn't properly combine been bothering you?

1. Yes, and I want it to be taken care of.

75.0%
  2. No.

25.0%
  1. TitusMachine_

TitusMachine_

Hi everyone!

I know there is InControl asset package that properly maps the input for xBox and ps4 in the same way.
    But it has been bothering me a long time. Why would I have to pay for a package that unity should taken care of before.
    You can not even vibrate your controller or even use the home button on the controllers for windows builds.
    Of course every engine has it's ups and downs like Unreal has this feature and unity doesn't but this is really something that needs some attention.

Is there a way off reporting a wish list with a poll to prove them that we all want this to be taken care of?
    I think we should vote up for some changes on mapping for one of the next following Unity versions.
    Before people start writing scripts creating the engine themselves (too late).

Literally there has been so many asset packages making fun of the unity features by creating themselves asking a lot of money for it. It's sad that we have to pay for standard features trough Unity store that should have been implemented by unity before.

Can anyone help me report this and bring in a Unity developer with more information before starting the battle of mapping?

Kind regards,
    Tristan