Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Input lag in MacOS build

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kalathos, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Kalathos

Kalathos

Hi !

I'm having an input lag issue in my MacOS build but the editor runs perfectly fine. The delay is very small but enough to make it noticeable. My project is very simple, 2D platformer using only a few assets in a scene. My hardware is an early 2015 Macbook air with 8Go RAM, 1,6 GHz dual-core i5 and an Intel HD Graphics 6000. Anyway I don't think the issue comes from the hardware because the game runs at 60 fps constant with a FPS limiter script. What's weird is that the game runs perfectly smooth without input lag in a webGL build. I'm working on Unity 2019.4.17f1.

I tried with and without VSync, fps limiter, lower the resolution...

I also found another thread (https://answers.unity.com/questions/1695529/is-it-expected-to-see-worse-performance-on-mac-osx.html) but the answer doesn't seem to work with the latest Unity version (2020.2.1f1).

Well as you might guess I'm not an expert in Unity but I thought that someone in this forum would have an idea. It would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance and have a merry new year's eve !

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you report a bug on this? The issue linked in that answers question is Windows specific, so the fix didn't affect macOS.

3. Kalathos

Kalathos

I've just done it, thanks for the piece of advice.

4. OLGV

OLGV

Any updates on this?

Facing a UI only (serious) input lag using a macOS build with a touch screen (touch base drivers).
    All other 3d interactions are smooth, only the UI lags... which makes me believe that the issue is not with the touch screen drivers.

Thanks