Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Input Lag in Build when VR enabled

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Remiel, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Remiel

Remiel

When I have VR enabled in my project, everything works fine in the editor, however, once built the game has a few seconds of a delay after moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard before processing that input.
    Naturally, it makes the game seem unresponsive and unplayable even though the framerate is high.

I am using Window 8.1 and latest Unity 5.1.1 patch. I've had this problem in the previous patches as well.
    I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, I've noticed a few other users mentioning the same thing in other threads.

I've tried the PC build on my laptop and my desktop PC and both are experiencing the issue.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. gg67

gg67

3. Remiel

Remiel

Thanks for letting me know. :)

4. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

Just ran into this myself. Very strange issue since it only happens in standalone and not in the editor ( Win 8.1 Unity 5.1.2f1). It affects all externals inputs, keys, mouse, controllers adding a long delay and possibly buffering of input, making interaction all but impossible.

Hopefully Unity can get this addressed soon, added a vote to the issue tracker.

5. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

We are aware of the issue and investigating a fix.