Search Unity

Input issues running Editor on Linux

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ericsbinaryworld, Jan 23, 2021.

1. ericsbinaryworld

ericsbinaryworld

OK, I'm going to state up front that I understand that Fedora is not a supported Linux dev environment. That said, Fedora is future CentOS and CentOS is supported. So maybe there are some tips or other form of help you could give me to help with this situation.

Unity Hub 2.4.2 (same issue whether launching Unity Hub from the official Unity AppImage or from Unity Flathub package)

Unity editor version 2020.1.11f1 (currently downloading 2020.2.2f1 to see if that fixes things)

Desktop environment: KDE/Plasma 5

Here are the issues:
    • Within the editor I cannot use my mouse scroll wheel to scroll any part of the UI. For example, if a game object has 6 C# scripts on it and a few things like colliders. So if I want to go from the top to the bottom there, I have to move the scroll bar with a left click - there is no scroll wheel support
    • With the new input system if I go into game mode, I can't use the keyboard keys to move around. Same files work just fine in Windows to move with WASD setup.
    Is there something I need to set up or some library or something I might be missing? Seems unlikely since the whole point of AppImage or Flatpak is to contain the entire necessary runtime. But I'm open to any suggestions.

If it helps, this is the code I'm working on: https://github.com/djotaku/RealTimeStrategy_2

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021