Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Input.GetAxis(Mouse) issue

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Xine27, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Xine27

Xine27

Hi all,

I am running into a strange problem with input.getaxis and haven't found a solution or good explanation so far. In my game, I am using input.getaxis(mouse x/y) to move my camera. This works fine in the editor (win/mac), as well as standalone builds (win/mac).

Two days ago, I shared a standalone version of the game with a friend, who tried to run it on two different computers (both win). In both cases, his camera was frozen in position. Getting some debug statements from the code, it seems that the script was running just fine, but output of input.getaxis() always returned 0.0.

What's confusing here is that A), the same standalone runs just fine on other peoples' computers, and B), it did not run on both of his. As far as I can tell, the only common denominator between his computers not shared by any other ones we tried the game on, is that they are both localised to Hungary.

Any ideas what might be the cause of this?

2. dahiyabunty1

dahiyabunty1

project also generates a associat folder . copy it too

3. Xine27

Xine27

Hi Dahiyabunty, thank you for your reply. What do you mean by associat folder? I also don't think that I missed including anything in the standalone, considering the exact same file is working on other computers. In fact, my friend was able to forward my file to someone else, who could use the game without an issue...

4. dahiyabunty1

dahiyabunty1

then sorry

5. Xine27

Xine27

As it seems, this was related to the game being "silently" run in a sandbox by the anti-virus program installed on the users computer - I hope it helps someone else if they have the same issue.