Search Unity

Input field for filters

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by Djadjouka, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Djadjouka

Djadjouka

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to add a way to specify the exact value for a field to filter exceptions. Right now it is a dropdown but it's impossible to select an exact value once there's too many. The only field that allows it is Keyword.

In my case, it's to be able to filter crashes by user id, a custom metadata. As soon as there's more than 20 players, it becomes impossible to select an exact user id. If it was possible, I would be able to check if there was an exception before the one I am trying to fix for that player and spend less time trying to fix an exception that only happens after the game is in a broken state.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Djadjouka, currently it is possible to filter exceptions by many of the fields present in the metadata of reports. But I see what you mean and you are correct that user id is one of those few fields that we do not support filtering on at the moment. I'll check with our team on this to see if there was any specific reasoning for this exclusion and get back to you later this week.

3. Djadjouka

Djadjouka

Hi @ryanc-unity, thank you for your quick reply, I will be looking forward to any information as it will definitely be useful for my teammates and I.