Search Unity

Input Field Autocorrected Content Type Not Working

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by jacobfrank, Aug 20, 2019.

1. jacobfrank

jacobfrank

I have an Input Field with the Content Type set to Autocorrected. However, on iOS (have not yet tested on Android device), the user's input is not autocorrected. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am using TextMesh Pro 2.0.1 with Unity 2019.2.

appetizermobile likes this.
  2. appetizermobile

appetizermobile

This is a problem with normal Unity UI Input field as well--not just text mesh pro.

I also tried to call TouchScreenKeyboard.Open() setting the autocorrection property to true and this didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. jacobfrank

jacobfrank

Good to know. I tested it on an Android device and autocorrection actually does work. Just an iOS problem.

appetizermobile likes this.
  4. appetizermobile

appetizermobile

This is only a problem in Unity 2019.2.

I created a new project in Unity 2019.1 with a Unity.UI Input Field, Text Mesh Pro Input Field. I also added a button that, when clicked, called TouchScreenKeyBoard.Open() with the autocorrection param set to true:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. TouchScreenKeyboard.Open("", TouchScreenKeyboardType.Default, autocorrection: true);
    .The keyboard was autocorrected for both input fields and the button.

I re-implemented the same project in Unity 2019.2 and none of the fields opened an autocorrect keyboard for iOS.