Search Unity

Games Innkeeper's Basement

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by RebelEggGames, Dec 12, 2022.

1. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Innkeeper's Basement is a roguelike card game inspired by a classic Minesweeper. Create your character, explore the dungeon, build you deck, drink alcohol to forget bad decisions and vanquish monsters!

Story:
    You have entered the inn and accepted a quest from the Innkeeper to slay rats in his basement.

Unfortunately for you - the basement is a cursed dungeon with no way to leave...

Inspired by: Slay the Spire, Runestone Keeper, Desktop Dungeons & Minesweeper, among others.

Link to free download: https://rebelegggames.itch.io/innkeepers-basement

Gameplay screen:

Main menu:

Happy to learn your thoughts about the game! :)

#roguelike #deckbuilding #minesweeper #2d #dungeon #minmaxing #hardcore #indiedev #solodev

2. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

3. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Re: Innkeeper's Basement - a roguelike deckbuilding minesweeper
    « Reply #3 on: Today at 09:48:00 AM »

Just released version 0.18, a.k.a. "Winter" version of Innkeeper's Basement, with a multitude of changes that include:
    - HUGE UX/UI overhaul - game finally looks decent!
    - Shop & gold! - go buy yourself something nice! :D
    - New cards,
    - Bugfixes,
    - Balance.

Next version - in January - will be more content-focused. Have a wonderful day and please share your feedback!

adamgolden likes this.
  4. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Hello everyone!

Version 0.19 of Innkeeper's Basement has been released! https://rebelegggames.itch.io/innkeepers-basement

Among other changes, this version adds the Event System to the game. Events are marked with a (placeholder) red exclamation mark "!".

0.19 Changelog:
    - Game event system with 10 events!
    - New race: Dwarf
    - New classes: Bomb Master and Martyr
    - 31 new cards
    - 5 new units (2 spottable in events, 3 unreachable yet)
    - Small UX improvements
    - Bugfixes
    - Balance

New content isn't fully balanced yet, so don't get surprised if you find something too OP. ;)

The next version - 0.20 - will be more focused on bugfixing, UX, polishing & balance - hopefully I will manage to remove most (if not all) placeholders and replace them with generated graphics :)

Happy adventuring!

0.19 event 2.gif

0.19 event.gif

5. carking1996

carking1996

Looks great. The aesthetic is nice.

RebelEggGames likes this.
  6. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Thank you! More updates coming soon, so stay tuned! :)

7. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Hello adventurers!

Version 0.20 is finally ready!

We are running around one week behind schedule, however some tasks from February, which were not on public roadmap are already completed, so I think it should even out next month.

As announced before - this version is more focused on polishing than adding new content.

Some people had issues with browser not storing their data properly - now you can use export/import option to ensure you never lose your data! Just copy and save exported string to a file. I will do what I can do ensure that saves migrate properly between versions, but as project is still under development - I cannot guarantee it. You can find export/import options in the top right corner in main menu.

Changelog:
    • New main menu!
    • Altar of Sacrifice - pay with blood to skip turns.
    • Import/export save data - works between desktop/webgl too.
    • Right click a tile to mark it.
    • Options.
    • Icons in cards texts (some look a bit ugly right now, will work on that later).
    • New item: Sacrificial Knife - increases strength by a lot but... comes with a price!
    • Fixed "continue", which got broken after the last "events" update.
    • Balance.
    • Bugfixes.
    • NOTE: few units from Bestiary are still not accessible, sorry! Hopefully this will change with new events in next patch.
    In next version I'm planning to add new events & hopefully some sounds ;)

Please join our Discord Server!

Happy adventuring!

8. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Hello adventurers! v0.21 of Innkeeper's Basement has just been released on itch.io!

Play here --> Innkeeper's Basement by Rebel Egg Games (itch.io)

This update introduces one of the core game mechanics - Grimoire! Gain a wisdom point for every 3 unlocked cards - spend those points to ban given card from spawning in the game! (not including starting cards!)

v0.21 Changelog:
    - Grimoire!
    - 6 new cards (poison/acid)
    - Export/Import should work properly in WebGL now (earlier version didn't allow to copy/paste data outside of game) - game might ask you for permission to read the clipboard!
    - Bugfixes (now campfire & shop should work properly, among others)
    - UX improvements

Known issues:
    - Save export (to string) is not exporting Grimoire data - will be fixed in 0.22!

The game is still missing one last core mechanic - Karma points - those will be awarded for each unique race/class combo that manages to beat given dungeon (only once per combo) - going through different playstyles will make more sense then :)

But don't worry - finishing the last dungeon won't require any grind! This mechanic will be in the game so that even less skilled players can beat the game at some point (think "Dark Souls" - you can beat it with no grind).

Once the game is feature-complete, I will finally be able to focus on polishing the game & adding new content ^^.

Please join our Discord Server!

Happy adventuring!

9. emmapredovic2

emmapredovic2

As always, I appreciate it. More updates coming soon, so stay tuned! geometry dash

10. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

11. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Innkeeper's Basement is now available on Steam! :D

Ready, set, ... PLAY! :D

adamgolden likes this.
  12. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Congrats!

13. lopezmason4441958

lopezmason4441958

Your game is so interesting. Congratulations on Your game being available on Steam.

14. RebelEggGames

RebelEggGames

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it and I am looking forward to your feedback! :)