Search Unity

Feedback Inl_RecordRenderGraph Memory Allocations when using Dynamic Ambient Mode and Realtime Lighting

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by iDerp69, Nov 30, 2022.

1. iDerp69

iDerp69

I am getting 128 bytes of memory allocations per frame when using realtime lighting combined with the dynamic ambient mode. I basically cannot afford to have any allocations during gameplay... is this something that can be refactored?

upload_2022-11-30_12-2-20.png

Attached Files:

2. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Bump as this is also a CPU performance regression.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  3. Julien_Unity

Julien_Unity

Unity Technologies

This is not expected. Do you have a small repro project that exhibits the issue? If so, please file a bug so that we can investigate.

We have many automated tests that check for GCAlloc and none of them have ever showed that so I expect this to be a more specific setup.
    Also keep in mind that during the first few frames there is bound to be some allocations (new render textures and internal objects necessary for the exeuction of HDRP) but this should never occur after that.

4. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Unfortunately no, our project is a big one, with 265 gb of assets. If I find the time I'll try profilling on a smaller project, but we're really busy for the next month.

I can confirm the 128 B GCAlloc is happing every frame in a build, at least on XB1.

upload_2023-1-26_10-7-18.png