Search Unity

Initial thoughts and feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by evyatron, Nov 2, 2016.

1. evyatron

evyatron

Hello!

Wanted to write down my initial feedback right after joining Connect and trying it all out!
    1. [Profile/Edit] When filling out my profile I tried entering a date for work experience and it got the wrong months. So trying to select August, for example, put down July.

2. [Profile/Edit] I'm prompted to "complete" my profile by adding Education and Certificates, though I have none. There should be a way of saying "none" so it doesn't look like you still need to do something to complete your profile.

3. [Profile/View] There should be a way to hide Followers/Likes. This makes it into a "social" network, and some people (me included) might prefer not to use it as such, but to keep it more professional.

4. [Projects] I wanted to add a game I created as a project, but I couldn't find anywhere to put the actual links to the game? It's on itch.io and Google Play - is there a way to link there that I missed?

5. [Projects] When adding keywords it uses the same tag-completion widget for the profile skills, down to the Add Skill: prompt. There might be some keywords overlap, but it should use its own set of tags.

6. [Projects] Adding a role for each screenshot feels weird. Feels like there should be a way to just say "I created this game" and streamline the entire process.

7. [Projects] Screenshots appear HUGE and lose quality.

8. [Projects] Screenshots should accept webp, as that's the format you get from saving a Google Play screenshot.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Ev

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Ev,

This is amazing (and organized!) feedback, so thank you for that! I'll be adding these to our backlog :) Our team totally agrees with many of the issues you're bringing up and we'll be working in the coming weeks to resolve them.