Search Unity

[Initial Release] RPGAIO: Code-less All In One RPG Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dextero, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dextero

Dextero

Only an hour left to pick up RPGAIO for 50% off in the 24-hour sale!

pushingpandas likes this.
  2. williamian

williamian

Ahh, totally missed the sale by one day, anyway you can email me if you do it again? That would be great.

Kennth likes this.
  3. digitalzombie

digitalzombie

Dextero,

As a new user (woohoo 24-hour sale), I spent last night going over the current version. It's clearly a big package with much to learn. As I read the forum I saw that 1.1 is upcoming. What is your best estimate as to when you will submit that to the store for review?

Thanks,

DZ

Kennth likes this.
  4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Are pets coming with 1.1?

Kennth likes this.
  5. wood333

wood333

I'm going to keep an eye on this asset. I already own the other main RPG solutions, but stay on the lookout for something easier to use.

I agree with others who would like you to have compatibility with some of the better Unity store assets. You are probably busy as all heck, but you might spend some time looking at what's on the store. You are striving for an all in one solution, but it could be faster if you offer compatibility for features sold on the store that are not currently a part of your asset. For example, do you have mounts? I use Horse Animset Pro. Fast and economical solution.

Since no RPG solution currently offers everything I want for my project, I need a solid RPG basics package that can be integrated with other RPG feature assets available on the store. Or, I need a programmer, or both.

Either way, I do like the direction your asset is going in, and wish you best of luck.

6. digitalzombie

digitalzombie

I also agree with wood333 and in addition, suggest your asset support mecanim directly instead of legacy.

7. Dextero

Dextero

Update 1.1.0 should hopefully be available and approved in the few 2 weeks of July including a new Pet System.

pushingpandas likes this.
  8. Dextero

Dextero

Our mindset with RPGAIO is to support most needed features ourselves, and once we have done this to a satisfactory level we will begin modularising our systems and adding support for popular third party assets.

We're definitely adding mecanim support soon, in Update 1.2.0 by the end of August.

9. wood333

wood333

If you do this, and do it well, your asset will be spectacular!

gman and Rusted_Games like this.
  10. FractalCore

FractalCore

I just got this in the sale. And I notice when switched from Gamma to Linear mode the interface becomes un-usably dark (black text on dark grey background). In Gamma mode it's fine.

Attached Files:

11. Dextero

Dextero

Hi Fractal, unfortunately I don't have the access to Linear mode so I can't test this myself. For now you'll have to use Gamma mode for better visibility, but in the future I'll look into this and provide some better colors on the darker backgrounds.

12. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

hello, is the price of the asset going to be higher if we wait until 1.1.0 version to be released or will you be keeping the price the same?

Also are you charging for updates or will all updates be free with initial purchase of the asset from the asset store?

Thanks
    ShadOrfeo
    The Wicked Minions Productions CEO

13. Dextero

Dextero

Hi,

I can guarantee that the price of RPGAIO will not rise throughout Version 1.x.x (and likely not ever) and all updates will be provided free after the initial purchase.

If the price of RPGAIO ever changes it will likely go down or be because of a sale! :)

14. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

awesome. I have your first framework. I am wanting to get this as soon as I get the money to do so. is there any discount for those who have purchased your last asset? its cool if not I just have to ask incase you might say yes lol

15. williamian

williamian

Pretty sure it says on asset store $90.00 to upgrade, saving you $10:00, assuming he meant upgrading from his previous asset which would be a safe bet.

Kennth likes this.
  16. Dextero

Dextero

I'll be turning on upgrades to RPGAIO for a short period of time, but will remove them in the future.

ShadLandProjects likes this.
  17. nprimiano

nprimiano

Is there a way to set up player/enemy animations using a frame number and not a name. Plenty of assets don't work with the drop down/movement name system that is covered in the tutorial.

18. RoyS

RoyS

Can you place items back into the gameworld...like letting the player set up a campsite in the wilderness and pack it back up again. Or placing a container (chest with inventory capability) in a room?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  19. RoyS

RoyS

20. Duffer123

Duffer123

Me too. It's excellent with SO much promise and potential when further developed.

21. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Dextero ,

...although future development outline pdf needs updating and it would be great to have a general update on how things are going from the developer...

22. imgumby

imgumby

well this doesn't look good..
    RPG All-in-One
    Complete Projects
    Dextero Solutions
    Unfortunately, RPG All-in-One is no longer available.

This package has been deprecated from the Asset Store. This means that new purchases of the package are not allowed and that only users who already purchased or downloaded the package before it was deprecated, are allowed to download it.

In most cases, package deprecation happens because the publisher is unable or unwilling to support the package anymore. We suggest looking for alternative packages or contacting the publisher directly.

If you’ve already purchased it and need to download a copy, you can do so here.

Kennth likes this.
  23. imgumby

imgumby

Well I see a note in their forums about Unity deprecating the asset while an update is happening.Hopefully Dextero doesn't pull a Devdog on us and charge for the update.Even Devdog saw the err of his ways after charging for the Inventory System update and said "After some consideration, I've decided that Inventory Pro, Quest System Pro, The Sci-Fi UI Design, and Los Pro will get free updates and upgrades for life. So no more paid upgrades." in the reviews section.

Kennth likes this.
  24. wood333

wood333

For some of the asset developers who are not making enough money to survive on their assets, the choice is deprecate or charge for upgrades. Would you rather chip in a few more dollars or have an asset die off?

TeagansDad likes this.
  25. williamian

williamian

I spoke with DevDog after you posted this. sadly, it does not apply for those of us like me who purchased it before the 2.5 update and split. So for us, as we of course update Unity at need, are effectively screwed.

26. wood333

wood333

Sorry about that. I wasn't talking about DevDog assets. I was talking about RPGAIO, which I was keeping my eye on. I did read about what DevDog did, deciding not to raise prices again.

It's not for me to say how an asset developer should run their business. All I can say is that I wish everyone well on their projects, developers and indies, alike.

Kennth and TeagansDad like this.
  27. williamian

williamian

Sorry. That response was in reply to imgumbys post above yours if I in fact replied to yours.

I know what your are referring to though.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    wood333 likes this.
  28. Duffer123

Duffer123

New version released.

29. probluebox

probluebox

Hello your website is down and I cant download the dll files, can some one give me a link please :) thanks

30. williamian

williamian

No doubt you have found them by now, if not,

http://rpgaio.logicspawn.co.uk/rpgaio...

31. RoyS

RoyS

I just purchased this kit this week. I'd like to know what other RPGAIO users are using for their characters? I've tried UMA, but couldn't get everything to work right even with Power Tools and Character Customization plugins. I'm not a character artist.

32. Duffer123

Duffer123

Maybe try using the free software MakeHuman in conjuction with Blender and that free add on for Blender you find on the MakeHuman website. All free.

Kennth likes this.
  33. Ziron999

Ziron999

Issues I've run into:

let me know how to fix them...

Kennth likes this.
  34. williamian

williamian

35. Ziron999

Ziron999

everyone always refers me to that but i can't get the access code in my email so going on 4 days no access because i can't :(

EDIT: oh and when i try to resend the activation code it says:
    You cannot resend your account activation email as all registrations must be approved by an Administrator.

36. williamian

williamian

I had a similar problem. Contact the Dev here info@logicspawn.co.uk and let hime know, he will fix it.

37. Ziron999

Ziron999

I already have and he hasn't responded in going on 4 days.

38. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

You want the new version of UMA; it's a dramatic improvement in usability. It's supposed to be in the home stretch now and shouldn't be too much longer before it's finished. If you want to try it before then, you can get it on its GitHub page. Make sure you get the Unity53 branch, NOT the master.

The new UMA has new default skins, donated to the cause by Will B.

UMA 2.1 plus Will B's Fantasy Starter packs (or individual costumes) give you some really nice results; the Dynamic Character System extension in this new version really simplifies the process of setting up races and wardrobe options.

Kennth and Mark_01 like this.
  39. Ziron999

Ziron999

honestly at this point no support since I've bought it and can't do something as simple as get access to the forums worries me a lot at this point..feels scammy but it seems like he's not from the past so i don't understand why I'm running into these issues. He hasn't even responded to this post? At this point it seems like a refund is the best option...

EDIT: Wow i just realized his last post was Dextero, Jun 27, 2016 that's nearly 8 months ago?!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  40. Ziron999

Ziron999

More issues:
    1. Enemies will follow you forever there is no "this distance attack/this distance run" checks
    2. Example: if they are small enemies you will hit to far away. Your basic attack distance should just be the offset not what it is no matter what. So unless every single enemy in the game is exactly the same size you'll run into issues.
    3. You are unable to stop locking onto a target with a key or based on distance..distance would be the ideal way but again would need to change based on the size of the enemy.
    4. Enemy attacks one time and deals damage then no more damage but still shows proper animations.

41. Dextero

Dextero

Apologies, I only just saw your posts here, you're definitely better off posting on the forums for a faster response. I've been busy with another project for the past few days but I will activate your account now and get back to you ASAP in regards to all your issues.

Again if anyone is wondering, the best place for support is on the forums, and other than this last week I will typically activate accounts manually within a day or so.

Kind Regards,
    Dextero Solutions

42. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

I think your forums would get used more often if people could actually get on them. You need to switch hosts or something.

Also https doesn't work which kind of sucks too.

43. JJwu

JJwu

Just bought the rpgaio, cant wait and excited to try it out ! Things look cool , hope everything goes fine!

44. williamian

williamian

45. magique

magique

Is this still a source code version? What are the 2 free third party dlls needed? I'm looking at this for possibly using in a Wii U game, but unknown 3rd party dlls might present a problem on that console.

46. magique

magique

Also, quick question about 1.2.2 version. It sounds like it's on the way soon. Any ETA on that?

47. Borunor

Borunor

Good afternoon, I was wondering if with this asset I can produce an RPG for Android. Can I change your code for the player movement and for the ability and made it work with a mobile touch control?
    Please let me know as I'm interested in buying your asset.
    Also, I watch some of your video tutorials and I have a question: Can I increase the level of the enemy as I level up (player)? So for example when the player's level is 1 all the enemy are level 1 too. But then if the player level up the level of the enemy math with a level of the player 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 etc..
    Many thanks beforehand for your answer.

48. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

Hi
    With the help of your asset you can make a non-target system?
    Is it possible to make a system of guilds (run tasks and increase in rank)?
    Is it possible to make a system of hacking doors and stealing?
    Is there a guard system (attacking a friendly NPC and getting into a faction of robbers)?
    Is there a 1-person syseme?

49. karmik

karmik

It’s such a lengthy process to register on RPGAIO forum. Guys looking for feedback, anyone created archery RPG woth this asset. Was it easy or I mean we’re you able to do it successfully

50. DocDaz

DocDaz

Same problems as everyone else, as it does not install properly, and changing the code with the fixes does not work either. Waste of money

Kennth likes this.