Search Unity

[Initial Release] RPGAIO: Code-less All In One RPG Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dextero, Feb 26, 2016.

1. metaldc4life

metaldc4life

Ya I TOTALLY Agree!!!!!!
    I Too Want My Money Back...
    Haven't Gotten Help Since...

2. Dextero

Dextero

Sorry, it's just a really busy time at the moment for me, trying to balance many things at once. I'll try my best to get more tutorials out soon, but I don't want to promise an exact date. Once I've sorted a few things out, I'll have a lot more free time to ramp up support.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience. I'll try get stuff sorted ASAP!

3. metaldc4life

metaldc4life

Yay!!!
    There's a response!
    I thought you just left us stranded out here..
    This is the first time I have ever heard of the dev on this asset,
    but that's ok I get busy too sometimes with what I need to do....

Thanks For The Response And We ALL Hope To Hear From You In The Very Near Future!!
    =)

4. johny256

johny256

Please add the ability to automatically Increased health mania and when players make level

5. Hans

Hans

I think that is in there but you have to set that up

6. johny256

johny256

Where do I set ?

7. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

How well would this work with UFPS Multiplayer? What would be the setup process? If integration is simple, this would be a must-buy for me.

8. johny256

johny256

Integration photon cloud please

9. metaldc4life

metaldc4life

I bought this a while ago and still have not heard a peep from the publisher!
    he keeps saying he's tooooo busy! argh!
    I have unfortunately moved on and taken a 100 dollar hit!.... pff

10. HelixU4

HelixU4

Im also wondering the support regarding mecanim? From the screenshots it looks it only support Legacy?

11. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

Yes, right now it only supports Legacy rig, humanoid will come later as the author replied to me.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

man promises and nothing coming. Where are the essential tutorials?

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

yeah me too. I will never ever purchase from him again. Same happend with his last asset. I will write negative review asap iam home...

14. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

Hello Devision4, I understand the frustration after spending $100 on this product. After reading all the posts here and reviews and having bad experience with the publisher communication I still went and bought it. Why? because it serves as a code learning repository for me, I have Zerano´s RPG, ORK Framework, PlyGame... So how much time it will take to code and RPG system from scratch as a single developer, maybe years. So for me learning and taking the best of all this system is a win.

The publisher indeed is not treating his customers like we all expected but communication with others is in fact one of my very own weakness and what keeps me away to decide and publish my stuff in the asset store.

After installing the package and reading and follow the current video tutorials I was able to get a demo project up and running. So perhaps your review should go about the communication and support issues instead of the value of the product it self, and we as a customer group can help each other to take the most of the product by sharing our issues and feedbacks ;)

Hope this make sense

TeagansDad likes this.
  15. HelixU4

HelixU4

Do you guys also find the asset buggy?
    If I change from standard camera to top down i get a crazy error log, and must restart unity for it to work.
    Among other small stuff. Also the top down does not work like top down should, click to move does not work, must hold the mouse for the player to move. Yes I have navmesh.

16. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I had hope that his support behaviors change to a better with the new asset which looks awesome and maybe is. If a publisher release assets, they must support it. Iam not asking for crazy stuff, just a fundamental manual or tutorial how to use the promised feature. I followed all video tutorials - great so far but now I cant proceed.

I created a dagger, and a skill but I did not find out how iam getting able to use the dagger and skill to hurt enemy. There is no instruction, no manual how to make it. I dont have the time to search the code and get the answer by trail and error. And what I hate more are bla bla talks. Like publisher said that the next video tutorials coming tomorrow, than next week, then technical issues with upload, than the got no time for personal reasons. If you would treat my customer like that, I would be a hobo under a bridge. Some publisher see and use the asset store as a fast money machine. They release a asset and stop supporting it. Releasing another asset and so on...

17. hike1

hike1

I went to the demo game link, the ls_rpgaio_demo.zip was 2.4MB, please put the demo on a usable server. The video
    looked pretty cool. I used the old Dextero, it was OK for $35 and the year 2013, but It doesn't look like new one is has as many features as rpg kit, which I got for $50 last year.

18. Dextero

Dextero

Hi everyone,

A lot is being said about RPGAIO and most of you are correct, the support recently has not been great and many promises I have made to provide adequate support and plentiful tutorials have not been met.

The issues preventing me from working on RPGAIO and providing the support that you customers deserve has been resolved now, and this will not be happening again in the future.

With Dextero RPG Framework, my last RPG asset, a lot of it was a learning process, and after a period of time I began development of RPGAIO, as I believed Dextero RPG Framework was missing a lot of features, and people would prefer a code-less solution. Having learnt a lot from my previous asset, I released this one ready to have an amazing RPG asset for everyone to use.

I believe this is still possible, and I plan to work on RPGAIO in the years to come. The support has been inadequate thus far, but will improve by leaps and bounds over the next few days, and then the next few months. I will be recording, editing and uploading a lot more tutorials, as well as working on update 1.1.0 which will see tons of bug fixes and additional features such as a pet system.

Once again, very sorry for any inconvience this has caused in anyones projects. I myself would not want to spend money on a tool that is not supported or useful, so I will ensure now that the problems I have encountered are resolved, that I will be providing adequate support and frequent updates so the customers can be happy and create the RPG games they want to.

Any questions, queries, or criticisms are welcome, and I will be replying to forums posts, and emails all day and in the future.

Kind Regards,
    LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions)

Rusted_Games likes this.
  19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello Dextero, great to hear from you. Can you estimate when you can create the next video tutorials.

20. Dextero

Dextero

Within hours I can have the skill one uploaded :)

pushingpandas likes this.
  21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Great. Do you have a roadmap for new features for the next update? That would help alot.

22. Dextero

Dextero

I'll be working on an initial roadmap after this first video is done, something should be available by the end of today. I'm also hoping by the end of the week to have updated my website with a better area for RPGAIO content where you'll be able to see an up-to-date version of the roadmap and it's progress.

pushingpandas and Rusted_Games like this.
  23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Sounds great. Thank you

24. Dextero

Dextero

Hi Devision4, the tutorial for creating a projectile skill is up covering almost all of the options. There will be more following for the other skill types once some other tutorials are up (e.g. Creating Items, Music, Loot and a few more) as well as covering some more in-depth options such as the custom damage scaling.

Link:

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

excellent video, one suggestion. It would be great if you show in the video the outcome, like in this, where you use the skill. So people can see if they did all correct and it look the same on there side. Hope more tutorials following soon. thanks!

26. Catacomber

Catacomber

I may have missed the answer, but does this work on mobile?

27. Dextero

Dextero

Hi Devision4, I'll definitely do this in future tutorials. Some of the ones I will upload soon have been recorded before reading this, but future ones will definitely bear this in mind.

28. Dextero

Dextero

Currently no due to some DLL issues, but I hope by 1.2.0 I will port the code from the DLL so it can be integrated into RPGAIO allowing it to work on most platforms including mobile.

29. Dextero

Dextero

30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

stunning roadmap!

31. metaldc4life

metaldc4life

Wow... cool!

32. Hans

Hans

Dam ausome......looking forward to ALL of that

Tutorial – Customise Character Creation - i hope i can add my own look/UI and add my own Prefabs to this?

Great work Dextero

33. hike1

hike1

Played the demo finally, had a little problem when I reset the graphic options, when this happened to me I was
    told to delete the Temp and Library folders, you can search the unity forum for 'graphics are trashed on built game'

It was only on 532. I loaded a save and the actual game had some graphical glitches. Otherwise, it's all working o.k.
    There's a good free monster roaming with trigger script here-

https://sites.google.com/site/terrymorgan1213/tutorials/ai_randomroam

Attached Files:

metaldc4life likes this.
  34. Dextero

Dextero

There should be a tutorial for this uploaded today or tomorrow :)

35. Dextero

Dextero

Thanks for this, I'm hoping to work on a new demo after 1.1.0 is released, so I'll ensure I double check the graphics are fine for that one. RPGAIO already supports random roaming by default, you can check out how to implement it here:

(8:57 into the Create an Enemy Character)

36. Dextero

Dextero

37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Excellent Dex!

38. Dextero

Dextero

2 more videos are now available:

Crafting:

Playlists and Music:

39. Hans

Hans

Nice new TUT out by Dextero

PS: I did not do this Video

RPGAIO Tutorials - Mecanim Animations Workaround

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  40. Dextero

Dextero

41. Dextero

Dextero

Hi Everyone,

Update 1.0.3 of RPGAIO is now live!

Here are the patch notes:
    - Renamed Drawing.cs to RPGAIODrawing.cs
    - Bug Fix: Update damage types on items after adding a damage type
    - Added patch notes window and latest added features
    - Moved 'New Data' button to Tools > LogicSpawn RPGAIO > Tools > Data > New Game Data
    - Added lootable world items:
    - Tools > LogicSpawn RPGAIO > Tools > Spawn Lootable Item
    - OR Click 'Spawn As Lootable Item' on an item inside the item db, craftable item db or quest item db
    - Added option to auto-equip looted world items:
    - Auto Equip Always will always equip looted items
    - Auto Equip If Slot free will only equip if there is a free slot (e.g. offhand if dual wield is enabled)
    - Auto Equip If Higher Level will equip when the looted item is a higher leveled than the equipped one

After this update, the next one will most likely be update 1.1.0 with a small chance for 1.0.4 if there are any major bugs to fix.

- LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions)

42. Dextero

Dextero

Great news for Unity3D users who haven't yet purchased RPG All-in-One!

RPGAIO Will be in the 24-Hour sale tomorrow the 21st of June (2pm GMT, 3pm CET, 7am PDT) at 50% Off!
    For only $50 you can get the most comprehensive, feature rich and easy to use RPG toolkit on the Asset Store! With the new website, forums and planned features available, there's no better time to purchase RPGAIO. With tons of improved support and tutorials available you can truly bring your RPG dream alive!

Purchase Here

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Rusted_Games and TeagansDad like this.
  43. Dextero

Dextero

44. LNMRae

LNMRae

Hello, definitely interested in the framework, I have a quick question though . I saw in an earlier post that only the legacy animation system is currently supported, but mecanim is planned. I didn't see any mention of it on the roadmap though. Is this still the case?

45. Dextero

Dextero

Apologies , this should be on there, I just haven't got round to uploading the latest version of the roadmap. I'll have that done now.

46. LNMRae

LNMRae

Awesome, just wanted to know what the plan for it was. Thanks for the quick reply!

47. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@Dextero, I have a couple of questions for you.

How modular is the framework's design? For example, is the native character controller behind an abstraction layer so that switching the built-in character controller for something like Opsive's Third Person Controller would be fairly straightforward, or would it involve having to make changes throughout the entire code base?

Does the save/load system allow you to register custom data (or data from other third-party assets) to be serialized with the RPGAIO data? For example, if I'm using Tenkoku Dynamic Sky, I would want to save the current time of day, weather settings, wind speed, etc so that all of those environmental factors are the same when the game is reloaded.

Thanks!

48. Dextero

Dextero

Right now RPGAIO is not modular, we expect user's to be able to purchase RPGAIO and have a set of all the tools they need. Over time we will be improving each system until they are all at a high standard. In the future , we may try to modularise some aspects of the asset, so that third party assets can be used, but right now changes would have to be made across RPGAIO to support them.

We have setup the player's save file to allow for custom data to be saved alongside it, but we have not finished implementing this feature. Once done we hope it will be easy to save and use custom data either by writing a small piece of code, or through our existing interfaces.

49. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Thanks for responding! I'm using ootii's Motion Controller and Adventure Camera (and a few other third-party systems), so unfortunately, RPGAIO isn't the right fit for me. I have almost 20 years of professional coding experience, so the "no coding necessary" aspect is far less important to me than the "how much time does it save me if I don't have to write these systems myself" consideration. :)

I wish you all the best!

50. Dextero

Dextero

No worries! In the future maybe you'll revisit RPGAIO once it's matured and grown as a RPG toolkit! :)

TeagansDad likes this.