Search Unity

Information about quixel?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jeffman1, May 16, 2019.

1. jeffman1

jeffman1

I was wondering if quixel is good for world building and character asset modification? I want to use some of their materials/textures and thought about a subscription. I already have character creator which I purchased and played around with last year. It makes the character creation a lot easier but for stuff like swords, shields, props, and landscape development it by itself does not help because I need textures or materials to modify some objects for use in my game. I am hoping to do basic mesh editing that creates pop outs for insignia/design patterns on objects and apply material/textures to objects (the latter is more preferred but having the former is really useful).

2. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

I've never used them, but their quality is top-notch. Their assets are photo-scanned and come with LOD models. I've seen them used in some nice scenes, however there are cheaper options that don't make you wait for more vouchers. Still. good assets.

3. jeffman1

jeffman1

You have any ideas for the other options? I am trying to look at alternatives before buying anything from quixel. I mostly need nice textures and so far it looks good but asking for people's opinions on first.

4. Mauri

Mauri