Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Info UWP multi display

Discussion in 'Windows' started by IElectric, Sep 16, 2018.

1. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, can UWP game works with multi display ? On my game I have provide the multi display feature and on Windows standalone build works but doesn't works on UWP build version of the same game, Best regards…

I'm using

Unity version: Unity 2018.2.7f1
    Unity Xbox Live plugin version: 1804 QFE 1 Release
    Visual Studio 2017 version: 15.8.4

D3D, IL2CPP Build

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It should work - what are you seeing happen?

3. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I confirm that my game works in multi display mode in Standalone Build only, in UWP Build the same game and code doesn't works and the screen display flickering.

I take some photo to show you what happen, sorry for the bad quality;

This is UWP version of multi display;
    1.JPG
    This is Standalone Windows version of multi display, two camera show the game (one for each display);
    2.JPG

Next the code that I'm using to show multi display camera on my game, the second display, if exist, is activated one time and, if there is a second display monitor, main camera show the game on main display and secondary camera show the game on the other display;
    3.png
    4.png

Thank you very much, Cheers…

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

So there is a catch... on UWP, there are no APIs currently to move Window or affect where it spawns (we gave fierce feedback to Microsoft on this a while . This, unfortunately, means that the window will just spawn on top of already existing display. Microsoft is adding new APIs for this in an upcoming windows update, but for now the only workaround is moving the window manually (and it's not a workaround you can do as a dev).

5. IElectric

IElectric

All clear, thank you very much for your assistance, Cheers...