Search Unity

Info UWP multi display

Discussion in 'Windows' started by IElectric, Sep 16, 2018.

1. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, can UWP game works with multi display ? On my game I have provide the multi display feature and on Windows standalone build works but doesn't works on UWP build version of the same game, Best regards…

I'm using

Unity version: Unity 2018.2.7f1
    Unity Xbox Live plugin version: 1804 QFE 1 Release
    Visual Studio 2017 version: 15.8.4

D3D, IL2CPP Build

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It should work - what are you seeing happen?

3. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I confirm that my game works in multi display mode in Standalone Build only, in UWP Build the same game and code doesn't works and the screen display flickering.

Next the code that I'm using to show multi display camera on my game, the second display, if exist, is activated one time and, if there is a second display monitor, main camera show the game on main display and secondary camera show the game on the other display;

Thank you very much, Cheers…

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

So there is a catch... on UWP, there are no APIs currently to move Window or affect where it spawns (we gave fierce feedback to Microsoft on this a while . This, unfortunately, means that the window will just spawn on top of already existing display. Microsoft is adding new APIs for this in an upcoming windows update, but for now the only workaround is moving the window manually (and it's not a workaround you can do as a dev).

5. IElectric

IElectric

All clear, thank you very much for your support, Cheers...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  6. Varaughe

Varaughe

7. ConjuringTheFuture

ConjuringTheFuture

@Varaughe Do you have a link or suggestions on how to get that ("Render to external window") to work in UWP builds. I purchased it to use as a workaround as you suggested. It seems to work well in editor, however I cannot seem to get it to do anything from within a build.