Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[InfinityPBR] Dragons Pack PBR - Customization | Concept Art | Sound FX | Music (25% off!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ranaUK

ranaUK

@infinitypbr, thanks man... absolutely loving my dragons, and didn't even get to the humans yet. One of these days I do have to leave a review, but there would be so much things to say :D I am off to buy devil today.

Update: is there any other payment method? I am not comfortable with the option I got.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The asset store has their options - card and PayPal and I think some other options depending on where you are.

For infinitypbr.com, my site, it’s justcresig card via stripe.com for processing

3. ranaUK

ranaUK

Well I was planning to use my voucher - and I only had the option for stripe;
    is it possible to use paypal with infinitypbr.com

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not at this point, I had some issues w/ them in the past where they froze a big amount of money for a few years based on false reporting. Stripe is far more convenient, has lower fees, and doesn't freeze the money.

5. ranaUK

ranaUK

sent you a PM

6. ranaUK

ranaUK

error with SFB_AudioClipArrayCombiner.cs and SFB_AudioSnapshotExporter.cs;
    using UnityEditor is not within #if tag, and thus fails during build.

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good catch! I think to update it I'll just put the platform dependency around the entire class. It's only meant for use in the editor, and there are editor bits and pieces throughout.

8. BillH

BillH

Hi,

I just purchased Dragon Pack and Human Fantasy Pack from infinitypbr.com. Where can I download the "Dragon Rider - Demo Scene"? I don't see it in the download list.

Thanks,
    Bill

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey Bill,

http://www.infinitypbr.com/files/DragonRiderDemo.unitypackage

However, the dragon rider isn't something I actively support at the moment -- I never was very happy with the results, and wasn't able to get it figured out. Something like the Horse Animset Pro would probably work, though I haven't tried it out myself.

Has anyone else tried using that, or another method, to get the human to mount and ride the dragon?

10. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

My guess is that their riding animations are all built to line up with the horse animations, since they all come as a giant package. Their horse animations are fairly universal, as long as your horse doesn't have a long tail and wings...

Short of coming up with a new "Dragonrider" animset that keeps their arms and such moving realistically with the dragon, I think the best way would be to use an IK script to keep your foot bone planted in the stirrups (Maybe add a bone in the stirrups to stick the foot to). One hand on the reins (Another bone in the reins). Maybe add a bone in the saddle horn in case anyone wants to make use of it. Fine tune the way they sit in the editor. Then use anim blends to keep the rest doing its best idle with whatever freedom it has left. If it's a decent IK system, the character should still be able to breathe, look around, and hold a sword/shield with a free hand.

Mount/Dismount anims would be a bit more tricky...

You may be able to blend the beginning of a Climb animation into the middle of a Jump animation to fudge the mount/dismount and make it look... well... make it look like the animation isn't completely missing.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    infinitypbr likes this.
  11. ranaUK

ranaUK

Andrew, quick thing to point out; DragonPBR has the magicSpells folder, but all the materials are referenced through HumanRPG pack; you may want to move it under "SFB Magic Spells & Particles" folder

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks -- I think I need to re-do the entire .meta file structure for that section. Each time I reload it, it ends up different, all the links change. It's super weird.

13. KaneBunce

KaneBunce

I am considering using this pack when I get around to making my game as it seems like a must have for me. But what I'd like to know is, does it provide a way to customise the feet? That is not how I'd prefer to do dragon feet. Especially, the way the front feet make are actually longer than the front legs. This is not a deal breaker for me, but it'd be nice it is is customisable.

infinitypbr likes this.
  14. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

It has sliders for feet and claws.
    Keep in mind that these are blendshapes, so they do have limits. I was able to make a "Swamp Dragon" that had large feet for swimming, digging in the mud, digging in adventurers... etc. It worked great.

KaneBunce and infinitypbr like this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There are some options, but they don't change the overall shape -- options for making the feet bigger/smaller are there but it may not be enough depending on what you're going for.

16. KaneBunce

KaneBunce

Ah, well, it is still by far and away the best dragon pack (and I looked at them all) and that is only a minor thing. I'd rather use what are not my ideal feet than the alternatives, i.e., barely use dragons or use much worse dragons.

One more question (well two related questions). How big is the dragon? Does it scale up well size wise? I like massive dragons. I know Unity lets me scale objects, but scaling things up too much can make an object look bad.

infinitypbr likes this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It'll likely scale well. It's already ... i'd guess 10 feet tall at the saddle?

KaneBunce likes this.
  18. KaneBunce

KaneBunce

I would call that small by dragon standards. I was thinking something on the scale of the main dragon in Dragon's Dogma. The game apparently even requires you to climb him Shadow of the Colussus style in order to defeat him (I have barely begun the game). Here, here and here are good examples of his size compared to humans. As you can see he is massive. That is how I like dragons.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That is quite large!

The textures are 2k, so it'll scale up to some degree. Though with the camera right next to it, that may start being visible. You can re-texture it in Substance Painter though, and get 4k or even 8k maps.

20. KaneBunce

KaneBunce

Well, with such a large dragon I wouldn't put the camera close anyway as then a lot of him would not be visible to the player. As for retexturing... I have absolutely zero artistic ability.

Also, I don't want to use 4K or 8K maps as those are really not great for performance, at least not in any game I've played. I only 3 GB VRAM on my video card and no delta memory compression. How far would the camera have to be for 2K to be okay? I am still new to game development so I am unsure. In fact even my ideas for my game is only in the veryconceptual stage.

Though I will have smaller types of dragon creatures. They are what a lot of fantasy games call "drakes" or "lesser dragons". Those will be more common than the really massive ones. So the Gregori sized dragons will be special characters not

Dungeons and Dragons is my main inspiration when it comes to dragons, including size and them being intelligent beings of at least human level intellect. Actually, in my game I am thinking of making them heavily associated with the source(s) of all magic in that world. The plot and gameplay will even center around said magical core(s) and those dragons, so getting dragons right is important to the game not just because I love dragons.

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's somewhat subjective of course -- I see "AAA" games that have some questionable texture resolutions in my opinion, but others say it's fine.

It also would depend on the camera filters and what not; fog and the like.

22. KaneBunce

KaneBunce

Some studios also produce "muddy" textures even when the textures are 2K+ and you are a decent distance from them. Cough Bethesda Game Studios cough.

I am generally a fan of barely using camera filters if at all. The same with fog.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and the fast replies. The reviews on your pack were correct about you being helpful in a timely manner.

I will test your pack out and gauge if it is right for my project after I've learned more about Unity and game development in general, and when I have a more concrete idea about what I want to do with my game. Though, the customisability of pack your pack has already inspired some ideas about how I could improve upon my concept. That and its quality makes me think the pack will be a good fit.

EDIT: I have seen a lot of textures provided by modders and other studios that are the same resolution as BGS' but are a lot less even close up.

infinitypbr likes this.
  23. rossadamsm

rossadamsm

Hi, I just imported the Dragons Pack PBR package and the material references seem to be missing for all the particle effects. Perhaps something to do with the references you are discussing?

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah, that's annoying -- this keeps happening, and I'm not really sure why. Try installing this directly: http://www.infinitypbr.com/files/MagicSpellsAndParticles.unitypackage

25. rossadamsm

rossadamsm

Hi. Thanks for the package but something still isn't quite right. I tried importing the packages both ways. For the Dragons breath I am still getting a missing material on the particle renderer. Which material should it be? Strangely the smoke particle effects references seem to now be fixed.

upload_2018-3-14_16-14-59.png upload_2018-3-14_16-15-24.png

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You can try any of the materials in the Particles folder for that -- it's probably a "Clouds" material. Let me check.

Material Clouds E 3 w/ texture Clouds B 2 attached to it.

The issue is that for some reason the dragon was pulling the materials from the Human package hierarchy. Without the human in there, the link is broken. I'll update the package on the store when I have time. Sorry about that!

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all! I need some help. I've got the new animations for the Dragon -- two take off and two landing animations. However, to transition properly, the height of the dragon needs to be set to 5 at the end of the take off animations. That's working fine for the "idle takeoff", but for the "running take off", the height is changed to 5 and immediately back to 0.

I can't see where this is happening. I'm going to take a break from it for now, but figured I"d see if anyone here can figure out the issue by watching a 2 minute video?

If so, please let me know :)

28. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

The only thing I can think of is that you might have root motion enabled for the animation, and the root motion is forcing it back to 0. Double check that root motion is disabled.

Also, you might want to consider using "animator.gameObject.transform.position.y + 5" instead of just 5. That will allow people to use the code in their games, and allow the dragon to take off when the ground isn't at 0 height.

Good luck.

infinitypbr likes this.
  29. rhall4

rhall4

Hi, wondering if the torso armors from the Devils Pack will integrate with these models. I'm designing a medieval fantasy RPG/ business management sim featuring a 7-eleven type store chain--think 'Clerks' without a Slurpy machine or indoor bathrooms but viewable in full color--and I'll need at least some type of shirt for my characters to enter the building. You're fine with shoes, but I'm afraid that little metal dish (even aside from its not being microwave safe) simply won't cut the mustard for me. Aside from that, its almost exactly what I'm looking for in a character setup. Assuming of course that your audio pack comes standard with plenty of cowbell.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No cowbell, unfortunately :)

The devils doesn't integrate perfectly -- I'm sure it could be morphed using tools on the asset store, I think some purport to morph meshes in multiple ways. But it may not be super ideal.

The Elves Pack I"m working on will have shirts and the wardrobe will be able to work on the humans as well as the elves (and vice versa). The plan is to do the rigging/animation of that after the current "Young Dragons" are complete.

31. rhall4

rhall4

I haven't purchased one of your packs yet, only because of 'no shoes, no shirt, no service' and all. Again, it's not a footwear issue as you seem to have that bit that well in hand. In any case, I've watched many of your videos detailing the additional morph and swap tools you provide for your customers (awesome feature, by the way--just a brilliant idea and mind-blowingly useful feature, assuming I've sized it up correctly), but having never used it I'm wondering if I would be able to at least attempt incorporating a few of those armor options on a human torso, should I purchase both packs that is. In other words, is there any link at all between their model libraries?

Honestly, though, it wouldn't even seem that big of an issue to purchase each package and find they can't swap--both are useful, well made assets--It's just that I know I wouldn't have any use at all for a distinct human model with no torso covering. So, I think I'll wait for the elves and continue building my game around proxy human models for now. It just doesn't seem like there are any better avatar model systems out there for human characters--UMA2 has a few decent choices, but they're relatively pricey and look a little like someone smacked them across their jaw with a bewildered ugly stick. What is your expected time frame for the elves, anyway?

#NeedsMoreCOWBELL

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah, I'd suggest waiting for the elves. To get the devil armor on the humans you'd have to parent each piece to a bone. It'd work -- same as adding a shield or helmet or weapon -- and it'd move with the bone, but the results wouldn't likely be up to the same quality as the human armor on the human, or the devil on the devil, where it's been animated and rigged to work correctly.

Timeframe is always tricky! The "Young Dragons" is coming along now, and the updates to the Dragon pack (Adding new animations and facial morphs during the other animations) has just passed a tech hurdle. So that shouldn't be too much longer...maybe a week to three?

Then the elves will be after. They may take longe than creatures though, as they have a lot of wardrobe, and each part needs to be rigged and animated, and the animations tend to be more robust and more precise since it's a human, so weird movements are super noticeable. At the same time, we'd be adding the blend shapes, which for the human took a LONG time (there are hundreds of them). Though I think we'll scale back a bit for the elves, only because there were a bunch of redundancies in the human one that were really not needed in the end.

My best guess would be a couple months. But, it's really really hard to give a solid date, I've learned.

Here's a sample I received of the young dragon attack #1:

33. rhall4

rhall4

That's hopeful news regarding the time frame, but I'd like to better understand the workflow. Would the parenting best be done in a 3D modeling program (Blender for me) or inside Unity, or can it all be done inside your own toolset regardless of how sloppy? Surely Elves and humans will share the same base mesh and armature... wait, are we talking Keebler elves here!? Are these the kind of elves you'd find in Santa's workshop, or the more typical fantasy trope variety?

Speaking for myself, I certainly like the idea of animations being included for humanoid characters--it surely doesn't hurt anything--but it's basically icing on a cake I plan to strip down and re-frost myself anyway #GodBlessMecanim. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that your human characters use something at least proximal to the basic unity skeleton. Please say that you're not using a funky, hyper-complex rig that operates like The Gordian Knot when attempting to add stock animations.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, all the humanoids do -- even the devil and demon do, though their feet are different and need to use an avatar mask usually.

The elves are a bit different than the human body. The half-orcs more so, and likely the dwarves (not yet done, their bodies) will be more.

I'm not sure about modeling applications -- I don't do the modeling and animation myself. However, the elf armor for humans is morphed to match the human body forms, and will be rigged to work with the animations. That means they will move with the body more naturally. You could parent much of it to bones, and for the most part that would work, but you'll get odd movement during some animations. Often that's ok, but I prefer to make sure it's more precise.

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

John-G likes this.
  36. rhall4

rhall4

"Yes, all the humanoids do -- even the devil and demon do, though their feet are different and need to use an avatar mask usually."

So just to clarify, you're saying they all...

A: DO share the same library of equipment

B: CAN share the same equipment library. As in, with minimal tweaking they can be given the equipment from other humanoid models using your custom toolset rather than a modeling program

C: Are each composed of distinct meshes who's vertices will not sync. (i.e. the skinned equipment will not move seamlessly between meshes)

D: Come standard with a complimentary fig leaf to cover certain parts of their missing anatomy (because the eunuch/Ken-Doll look isn't an immersion issue if no one sees it. Thanks Censorship!)

E: Do not currently, but are planned to share their gadgets in a future release.

Which of those apply?

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Well, the quoted part was referring to the unity humanoid rig, which allows animations to be shared among humanoids.

But, B ("minimal" is subjective), C, D (if that means the wardrobe), E (for Humans, Elves, Half-Orcs, & Dwarves)

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Book of the Dead: Environments is out, so I brought in the dragons. I had to modify the material and so the rough/metal isn't quite right, but it's hard to tell. Looks good! :)

To replicate: I changed the material from " Standard" to the one they used for the rocks, added the albedo / normal maps, and then set the metal to 0, rough to 0.35 and the "angle" rough to 0.15.

It runs "ok" on my iMac. But has a lot of blips.

BookOfTheDragon1.jpg
    BookOfTheDragon2.jpg
    BookOfTheDragon3.jpg

mons00n and Adrad like this.
  39. JBR-games

JBR-games

Seeing this makes me want to restart RPG project I was working on just awesome looking

MaximilianPs and infinitypbr like this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Its' a *really* heavy project, and uses a beta version. Unity crashed a bunch of times during the process. If I can find time (in short supply these days), I'd like to see how I can get the models working with the standard shader. See if that's an option.

Im' not actually sure what the HDRP "does".

JBR-games likes this.
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Dragons Pack PBR is now available on the Unreal Marketplace! For those of you who use the store, check it out!

42. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

I just purchased your Dragon pack and I am going through the texture customization process(YouTube video).
    I can't seem to find the helper script(s) that keep all the body parts "in sync".

Example "SFB_Dragon Match Head_A"

How do I get these scripts?

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It could be an older video. The object in the scene is called "Copy This To That (Body->Most)".

44. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

That object has a missing script.
    What script should be there?

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think it's "CT2T" or "Copy This" etc. There are instructions on the inspector.

46. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

These are the only scripts available.
    I imported these two packages:

DragonsPackPBR.unitypackage
    DragonsPackPBR_Customization.unitypackage

Do I need to download something else?
    upload_2018-7-28_10-41-19.png

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah yes. Due to the changes in 2018.x with substance support (still in beta, from the "Substance in Unity" plugin by Allegorithmic), there's unique files for previous versions. You can get them on the downloads page. Direct download URL: 2017.x & Earlier (Click to Download):

T
    his will give you the SFB_CopyThisToThat.js file, which is what you'll need.

The .cs version will be in 2018.x, but I don't want to work on that until the Substance plugin is out of beta, to avoid doing work twice and confusing ppl even more.

JBR-games likes this.
  48. JBR-games

JBR-games

Yeah Unity has changed so much so quick that many assets are having a hard time keeping up or just quiting all together.. Hopefully everyone that picks up your great assets has a little understanding.. Keep up the great work! Also any new news on clothing updates on your character pack?

infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Elves are being animated -- or starting to be rigged at the moment. The wardrobe for them will be made to work w/ the humans, and vice versa. After that, Half-orcs should happen, and same deal with their wardrobe.

JBR-games likes this.
  50. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

I was able to get the files working thanks.
    There is a problem with the body mesh material mapping.
    As you can see here where the body connects to the tail it is not the "underside" color but the "body" color.
    upload_2018-7-29_10-29-51.png

JBR-games likes this.