Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[InfinityPBR] Dragons Pack PBR - Customization | Concept Art | Sound FX | Music (25% off!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Sep 4, 2015.

1. mons00n

mons00n

ha! I just made a terminal alias for unity in my ~/.bash_profile:
    kind of a pain, but hopefully will be fixed in an upcoming release.

2. sowatnow

sowatnow

Thanks. Will check it and will update you if it works.

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. PixelPounder

PixelPounder

4. Blueoceanvr

Blueoceanvr

I'm struggling to use this because it's very slow and crashes after every run. Additionally, I really need help in making the dragon breathe fire??? Even with the breatheFire animation in the animator, he only makes the head movement as if he's breathing fire but there's no actual fire like you can see in the videos.

Can someone give me simple steps to guide me and help me implement this please?!?!?! It's urgent!

Don't get me wrong, this is a great work of art; it's just very complicated to implement. Additionally, the "Hacking Animations" video is nicely detailed, but not fully helpful because I'm running Unity on Windows and it seems like a lot of things are different here. For example there's no flag in the Events drop-down.

I'm a complete noob at this, please help me. I just need the dragon to breathe fire

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Answers! :)

1. Is this an asset you sell? First Person RPG Creation Scene @ http://www.infinitypbr.com/1stPersonRPG/characterCreationScene.php... and what is it used for?

That's actually from this series: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/1s...isode-15-is-up-unity-project-included.379255/

It's free. It's also not perfect, but it may provide a lot of helpful ideas if you're looking to do something similar. The series itself is something I plan on continuing once i start working on my own game which makes use of it. I'll continue to provide the scripts I use, as well as some video showing what I'm doing and why. I'm not the best coder, but there are some great ideas there I'm sure, some of which you can probably improve on for yourself.

2. When you click on the Download link on that page, it goes to a bad link.
    Thanks for the heads up! Try the link on the forum -- the last lesson or two will have the latest download.

3. For the Dragons Pack PBR - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/45330 - what flying controller (1st person and 3rd person) do you think will work well with your models and animations?

Any, really. I don't have any experience using other peoples controllers. It really depends on what you want for your game. Often coding it yourself may be the best option, since you'd have a lot of control over how it all works. When I do these things, usually I start simple and add complexity only when I need it.

TeagansDad likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

it's very slow and crashes after every run.
    Make sure you're using regular textures and not the .sbsar files. The Procedural Materials (.sbsar) are meant for texture creation and are large -- they'll crash most computers if you use too many of them at once.

If you go to http://www.InfinityPBR.com and register the package, you can download the demo textures pre-exported and ready to be used in game. You can export them yourself using the Texture Creation scene (make sure you're using 5.3.4 or 5.3.5, as there is a major bug in 5.4.x relating to exporting .sbsar textures) if you'd prefer.

Can someone give me simple steps to guide me and help me implement this please?!?!?! It's urgent!
    If you use the Demo prefab (from the demo scene), called "Dragon DEMO", you should be able to reverse engineer it all. That character has all the scripts and animation controller you'll need to make it work. The demo scene itself (make a copy of the scene if you want to play with it, just in case you want to quickly revert back) should provide everything you need to figure out how to make the fire work.

this is a great work of art
    Thanks, I agree with you!

it's just very complicated to implement
    I don't agree with you here :)

There is really nothing different between this dragon and any other character -- even if you wanted to make a cube "breathe fire", the way to do it would be the same. (There are of course many ways to do things in Unity, mine is only just one).

The animation is called via script or other method to SetTrigger("animationName"); on the controller.

The fire in the demo is controlled via the fireBreath script -- two functions. One starts the fire (enable emission, turns lights on), one stops it. Those functions are called from the Animation Events. Those events are already attached to the animations on "Dragon_Master_04" (in the next big revision, it'll be something like "Dragon Demo", in order to keep my demo events separate from a bare-bones model import for those who are setting it up from scratch).

Just make sure you're selecting the animations in the right panel -- choose the main model object (Dragon_Master_04), and in the inspector, select the "Animation" tab. The events are at the bottom -- make sure the animation you want is selected of course. Sometimes when you "apply", it'll reset the selected animation.

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 12.14.22 PM.png

There should be zero difference between Unity on windows and mac.

I hope that helps!

7. Blueoceanvr

Blueoceanvr

Everything is working through the normal Unity game mode. But I am working on Vuforia, for an AR implementation. And for some reason the fire doesn't show there. Do you know of any possible reason as to why this is happening?

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Unfortunately no -- I had done a decent amount with VR, and the dragon was actually made for a game I was working on called "Dragon Rider VR", but when they dropped mac support, it just didn't make sense to keep pursuing it.

Can you confirm that the game objects are being instantiated in the build? Perhaps do some Debug.Log() showing if the particle objects exist in the scene? It could be that particles in general aren't showing up?

9. Deschanna

Deschanna

Hi! Great looking product, I was instantly tempted to buy it, but I cannot get it into my game. Not a pre-existing one and neither a completely empty scene on a new project.
    The errors I get:
    >>>Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package...
    >>>Failed to import package C:/Users/Laura/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Asset Store-5.x/SF Bay Studios Inc/3D ModelsCharactersCreatures/Dragons Pack PBR.unitypackage
    >>>Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package. UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

Once I also got an error message on something relating to 32 (bit) (I run 64bit Windows 10), but I regret I didn't take that up and now I cannot repeat that particular error... :/

The first two/three errors I get no matter if I try importing to empty/new project or existing one, as said.

I'd really like to be able to do something with this product... :)

Thanks for any help here! Cheers.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think this is probably a download error -- try downloading it again. but I happen to be at the Unite convention and will go right now to talk to the asset store people and see if they know what's up.

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, they think it's a download error, so if you go to the download manager again and re-download it, that should fix it.

12. Deschanna

Deschanna

Thanks! Yes, that seems to be doing it. I deleted it from my RoamingData/Unity/etc... and re-downloaded and just it's just doing the import, and I wait (im)patiently for it to end. Can't wait to get to test this product :)

Thanks again.

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. MicDE

MicDE

Hi,
    is it possible that the dragon pack will not work correctly with unity3d 5.4.1?
    When I try to Mass Export or Single Export the modified materials the tex_* folders stay empty and the exported materials referencing to the original textures instead to the generated copies.
    Best
    Mic

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Everything but the exporting works in 5.4.x -- for the texture creation the best version is currently 5.3.5 -- you can find the latest info when logged in at infinitypbr.com

It's a unity bug that affects all .sbsar substance files, not just mine, and will never been fixed for the 5.4 series, unfortunately.

15. MrGky93

MrGky93

hi do you also make custom models ??

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We can -- although we haven't yet as the cost is usually more than ppl are willing to pay (hence why the asset store is such an amazing thing).

Best to send me a private message and we can figure out the details.

17. MrGky93

MrGky93

i send you a message here in unity

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Concept art is now available!

TeagansDad likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

TeagansDad likes this.
  20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Music & Sound effects are now available! You can download the update-only .unitypackage at www.InfinityPBR.com -- you can also get the full pack there, with all the updates, but at 1.8gb, it's best to just get the update :)

21. olaowo

olaowo

Hi, just recently updated and came across a problem, when i want t build with the the package installed i get the following errors
    Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(46,51): BCE0018: The name 'SubstanceImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(156,63): BCE0018: The name 'TextureImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You'll want to move those referenced scripts to the "Editor" folder when making a build.

I usually suggest people create a new project for texture customization, and not include the .sbsar (Procedural Material) files to the main game project. In that case, you can actually delete the copy this to that and mass exporter scripts, as they are only used for texture customization.

23. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

2 things you can maybe help me with.

1) Any idea on when the Mesh Morphing is coming? I don't mean a day I just mean like a week or a month kind of deal.

2) I am trying to use your Barbarian's body as a player object and add the head as a "body" part and came across and issue, the head and body animate at different time frames so they're not synched properly. Am I supposed to use a script or something to attach them or does it not work that way?

Thanks! :D

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

On mobile so sorry for any misspelling etc

1) I would home a month or two. The animator who does the best mesh morphing is finishing up some other animation work

2) they should be playing from the same animation co triller. That is, one you use te "equip character" script, only the main object should have an animator on it, as all the child objects, like te head, will get all their movement from the main object.

25. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Thank you very much for your quick response! :)

1) No problem at all :D Now I have an expected time period, I'm in no rush.

2) That's good to know. I don't use the character equip script because the software I use already has one, but thank you chances are I have an animator on both. I may convert the character equip script somehow.

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What software are you using? The script is a custom script I wrote to re-link the bones. Rather than presenting one .fbx already "attached", I wanted users to be able to add only the wardrobe and body parts they needed, and also be able to add new thing a later that don't currently exist. New wardrobe and such.

So the script links the bones, but it's not a normal setup for characters in unity. Are you putting it together in maya or something?

27. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Nah I am using Atavism Online, it's an MMORPG engine for Unity. I'm actually working *with* it as well.

It has an object feature in the character creation scene that is usable for hairs, eyes, any body part really.

When I use it though I believe it loses the bone data so I'll take a look at your script. What happens is that when the head is selected it's invisible. It creates a prefab of that object attached to the body, which it loses its "Root Bone". When I reattach it, it doesn't display the mesh either, but it will if I enable the head that's already at tached and copy/paste the Skinned Mesh Renderer.

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm intersting. I have no real ideas, but for this: Try doing the "Equip Character" script first, and then using that object in the other system?

29. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I got it a different way. At least for now. I've just changed the character creation system (ours) so that it enables/disabled the game objects instead of Instantiating them. This will work for now, I am just not sure if this will be good performance-wise in the long run to have all of these disabled game objects on all the players.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't know for sure, but from what I understand having disabled objects won't cause any slowdown at all.

31. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I guess it's a toss up to some degree maybe. It would also be affected by the textures -- if one of the objects doesn't share textures, and is never turned on, then the textures would still be loaded in memory, but never used. But as far as optimization of games...I've never been a pro at that :D

33. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

That's okay :D Release your game, make money, hire a pro optimizer. xD

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. TheButterBeeCrew

TheButterBeeCrew

Hi, I tried to use the Mass Exporter in the texture creation demo scene, but there is no texture being created. The materials are still referencing the textures in the Procedural Materials. Do you have any idea why that happened?

karthi_softwiz likes this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

If you're on 5.4.x then that is why as there is a bug with all Substance files in the 5.4.x versions -- is that it?

36. TheButterBeeCrew

TheButterBeeCrew

Yes, I'm on 5.4.3. Do you have a workaround for this or I have to upgrade my version?

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

For texture customization I always suggest doing it in a brand new project, so you don't have to bring the .sbsar files into your main project. Unity likes to rebuild those files randomly sometimes and it can be annoying.

Best option is to download 5.3.5 or a newer version to use for texture customization. (Generally older versions are better on the off chance unity changes something with their texture formats that keep it from being backward compatible). Once you create the textures, simply right click the folder containing them all and choose "export". The .unitypackage can then be imported into your main project, with all the connections intact.

38. Dhoren

Dhoren

I just purchased this pack yesterday and I am blown away by how good this Dragon looks in game and the animations are incredible. The human male/female pack was my very first purchase on the Unity Asset store and the InfinityPBR assets are what really inspired me to create my game which is just a hobby for me but it's something that I really enjoy and I expect it to keep me busy for a very long time.

infinitypbr likes this.
  39. TheButterBeeCrew

TheButterBeeCrew

OK, will try your method. Thanks!

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This video showcases the included custom composed track "Dragons Flight", and the 10 game-ready mixes. You can use the Unity Audio Mixer (setup included in the demo scene) to quickly and easily create your own mixes and export them with a single click.

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Dragons Pack PBR is 25% off for the next week during the 3D Models sale!

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Mesh Morphing is now available!

TeagansDad likes this.
  43. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Maybe it's already been asked, but, did the Humans use "Humanoid" skeleton compatible with Mechanim?

infinitypbr likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, they do :)

MaximilianPs likes this.
  45. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

It feels like that flight animation needs more work, especially the part where the dragon rises when it lifts its wings...

46. karthi_softwiz

karthi_softwiz

Hi,
    I had purchased the RPG Character Pack#1 from assert store after I opened into unity I couldn't able to load the texture for all fbx files only materials files loaded not loading texture file so all characters all looking in plain white. Could you please help to load the texture files.

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Were you loading the "Models" or the "Prefabs"? The prefabs will have all the textures loaded, as in the demo scene. If that isn't happening, please share a video or screenshots so I can see what may be going on.

48. ranaUK

ranaUK

@sfbaystudios

purchased RPG Character Pack#1; included Dragon model is named Dragon_Master04. I've looked through both human and dragon model, and can't see any blend shapes. So it's definitely behind Dragon Pack release. I guess the same apply to human fantasy pack.

I guess if I download the package from your site (I've already registered my asset), it would have the latest. It would still be nice to have the latest on asset store.

UPDATE: Installed package from website; I do have v5 dragon with blend and Human with blend. Quick question: Dragon_Rider is now under OLD? Is there a newer version? Also there is no "SFB Dragon Rider Demo" on the download.

Missing scripts in almost every SFB Magic Spells & Particles > Particle Components

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! Sorry for the delay, I didn't see the notice for this thread.

Glad you found the website -- yes, the asset store is delayed. Currently I'm updating scripts to C#, as the asset store is declining any package that includes .js files, even if they're not main files.

The Dragon Rider .fbx is under old because it uses the old setup where the heads were separate from the body. The animations are all there still, however.

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all, Both the human and the dragon have been updated to the latest version on my site, InfinityPBR.com -- the latest version is all C# (There are a couple of editor scripts that are .js in the 2017.x and earlier customization package, but those aren't meant to be used for anything but texture customization).

The asset store packs will be updated shortly, when they get through the approval process.

RealWyldhunt likes this.