Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[InfinityPBR] Dragons Pack PBR - Customization | Concept Art | Sound FX | Music (25% off!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Sep 4, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of RPG Character Pack #1. Get Dragons Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Human Fantasy Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/45330

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=dragon

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Dragons Pack PBR is a highly detailed package containing Three Heads, Four Back options, Two Tails & unlimited texture customization. Tons of animations bring the Dragons to life, both on land and in the air. Particles included, as well as helper scripts to make texture customization speedy even with many materials at once. Also comes with a Saddle, Reins & Bridle. Mesh morphing allows for each head and the entire body to be morphed for infinite looks and in-game randomization.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Dragons Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 01
    • Attack 02
    • Breathe Fire
    • Death
    • Fire Head 01 (Head/Neck Only)
    • Fire Head 02 (Head/Neck Only)
    • Fly
    • Fly Attack
    • Fly Backward
    • Fly Breathe Fire
    • Fly Death 01 (Loop Start)
    • Fly Death 02 (Loop)
    • Fly Death 03 (Loop End)
    • Fly Dive
    • Fly Fast
    • Fly Glide
    • Fly Got Hit
    • Fly Idle
    • Fly Static Saddle (Fly Forward w/ Saddle as center of Mass)
    • Got Hit 01
    • Got Hit 02
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Look Back Left (Looped)
    • Look Back Right (Loop)
    • Run
    • Tail Whip Left
    • Tail Whip Right
    • Walk
    • Walk Backward

Source Files
    Animation Rig | Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    The Animation Rig is provided in, usually, Maya or 3DS Max format, and can be used to create new animantions that better suit your project.

Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

A very simple demo showing the Dragon flying through the Viking Village!

This is the mesh morphing demo! Just check the first 20 seconds to see how powerful it is, and keep watching to see how easy it is.

Demo of the demo scene! Check out the animations, music, sound effects & more!

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    TonyLi, Gozdek and John-G like this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Subscribe to this thread for updates (and ask me your questions!)

Customize the colors, the roughness, the contrast, the lightness, and more!

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  3. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

WOW Very cool :eek:

infinitypbr likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!!

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Added LOD chart. In real use, developers would probably be best off picking and choosing the LODs for each sub-mesh to use together. LOD4 may be fine for your body, but perhaps you'd want LOD2 for the head and LOD1 for the spikes etc.

6. chingwa

chingwa

Looks great! Glad to see high quality art like this coming to the store :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks, me too! My initial purpose was to replace all the art in my game The Barbarian with new, modern, PBR stuff that I could control more, with more realistic animations etc. I have nothing bad to say about anything I used from the asset store, I just prefer a more realistic style, and there's less of that available.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a video of how I made the screenshots. It was the first time I put the dragon into The Blacksmith demo, and it looked great right out the box.

John-G likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a video of our Demo, included with the package, showing the Animations as well as the sub-mesh options that you can turn on/off.

John-G likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

And the last video, customizing the textures. If you're at all familiar with our other characters, this is very similar. Although there is a few extra things to deal with, since the Dragons are so big and have multiple materials for various aspects.
    The video goes through these and tells you all about the helper scripts we've included to make it much faster to customize all the materials at once, rather than one at a time, when they share changes.

John-G likes this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ok, I lied... ONE MORE VIDEO.

This is a very simple Flight Sim I threw together using the Viking Village demo. Enjoy!

John-G likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  16. _invalidusername

_invalidusername

Wow what an amazing model! I'm not making a dragon game anytime soon but I might buy this just to play with. How long will it have the 20% discount for?

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not 100% sure, hopefully not too long since....

We have a humanoid character model that's finished being modeled and needs to be rigged/animated. It'll be a separate package, but included will be "Dragon Rider" animations. (And probably just "Rider" animations in general, since they'll likely work on other mounts as well).

At the same time we animate that, we will be animating the dragon to match, so that animations like mounting and dismounting work perfectly together. The more generic rider animations will still exist, likely for the human, but the animations of the reins, the head movements when the human is pulling etc will all be part of the dragon.

That's when we'll be raising it to the normal price.

I think I need to point out, the photos are made literally by dragging-and-dropping the model into "The Blacksmith" demo. I did make a video about that, but I had a couple people ask me what special things I did to make the photos look like that. (I did adjust the "levels" in photoshop, since they looked a bit dark to me when not in game.)

_invalidusername likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

v26 was just accepted to the Asset Store! This includes updates to the base textures.

19. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, this looks amazing.

In your video, your dragon seems to fly through the ground however. Do you have a collider on the body and wings?

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Nope, the flying video was literally just like 2 or 3 minutes to code the motions and that's it :) it was super simple, so he flies through everything. (The Viking demo scene does have a flying controller attached to the cameras, however, which collides with everything properly)

21. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

thanks for the reply. How long will the sale last for?

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not a specific time, but we're working on a Human Base + Barbarian set. With that, we'll be having "Dragon Rider" animations for both the human and the dragon (like, mount & dismount, and then in flight animations w/ the reins etc).

With that update, the price will go up to $75 and likely stay there for a very very long time.

23. DrZigfri

DrZigfri

Hi guys,
    first off, congrats on a really magnificent asset. We purchased it and were truly amazed by it.
    Have just a few questions :). We need some additional animations on the dragon but could not properly add them using the .fbx file. Is there a chance you could include the 3ds or maya original file in the package? If not, could we perhaps send you the (short) list of additional animations we would require so you could include them in the package?

Thanx a bunch!

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You can certainly send the animations, and I'll see what I can do. (I have to pay the animator to do it, which I'd do if it make sense to me :D )

25. Dark-Muppeteer

Dark-Muppeteer

Hi, I expect these may be covered by the previous post but I couldn't see any mention of either a take-off or landing animation, are these something that you're intending on adding in a future update?

It'd be great to be able to transition nicely from land to air and back again.

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We found that the mecanim transition from run->flying worked well (we're using the dragon to make a dragon-riding VR game).

I'd love to hear other feedback, though -- does anyone who has it think that a dedicated take off and landing animation is needed?

We're going to have soon the dragon riding animations, and I can certainly add more animations to the queue -- let me know what yo guys think!! (And +1 for take off and landing animations already noted!)

27. Dark-Muppeteer

Dark-Muppeteer

Thanks for the reply, I'll likely get it and give it a try at the weekend.

infinitypbr likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool, thanks! I talked to some people (I don't personally know much about animation) who know more than I do, and they said there are tools that can convert the file to the proper format for you. I didn't get any specifics, though.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

This looks super amazing, i am definitly buying.

I got the weapons pack too and i am extremely glad i did, these also look stunning

I just remembered to leave a review for the weapons too :)

How long will the lower price be active ?

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The normal price will come with the "Dragon Rider" animation update. They've just started the process of that -- basically we have a human character in the works, which will interact perfectly with the dragon . Mounting, dismounting, and animations for the stirrups and riding in the saddle.

That update should come out at the same time as the human, and the price would be the normal $75 at that point.

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thank you for that!

32. davidhughes3d

davidhughes3d

Hey guys, awesome Asset, just one issue my Dragon is appearing solid black in my scene (only way i could get it to load without crashing was turn off "use light probes" option). Even though it is shaded in the editor, and looks fine. I have all post effects turned off in game. Have tried both forward and deferred rendering. Is this because of light maps? Light probes? Tried using a copy paste from the demo scene into my scene as well as the LOD prefab. Unity 5Pro. Please advise.

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not 100% sure -- the dragon isn't metallic. Parts of the saddle are, but not the skin. So light probes should matter, I think. However, do you have any in the scene? If not, try brining one in and just placing it where the dragon is, the same position.

Are you using exported textures, or the procedural material? If it's the procedural material, has it finished computing? It can appear black before it's done computing. Based on your description I doubt this is the issue.

I'd suggest trying a light probe and seeing what happens.

34. sowatnow

sowatnow

Hi stfbaystudios,

I was just wondering where are you at with dragon rider animations.
    If I purchase this now, would I be able to download an updated version which would include the rider animations? or do I have to pay extra for that?

Thanks

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Very good question. I just got an email a couple hours ago from the animator (she's in London, I'm in San Francisco), and she expects the Human (which includes the "Rider" animations) animations should take about 3 weeks total. So that long, give or take.

The price will actually be going up, probably to $75 or $69, when the dragon rider animations are included, so if it's something you plan on getting, getting it now vs. later is better, since getting it now would give you any updates for free. For my part, I'm using the Dragon and animations (including the "rider" animations) for a game that should go into Early Access on steam in a couple weeks, so there's almost no chance that these animations won't get finished as soon as possible.

Andrew

36. sowatnow

sowatnow

Thanks Andrew.

I will purchase it now then.

If we can get the rider animations early, then it would be good :).

infinitypbr likes this.
  37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

As soon as they're ready, the package will be updated -- it's been burning in my brain to get that part done :)

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming Soon: Downloadable Content for FREE & More!

You can now register any package of ours you get on our website. This is pretty cool, do you know why? Let me tell you! :)

CONTESTS
    Each month we are holding TWO contests. You get one entry into the "Registration Contest" each time you register an asset on our site. And if you leave a review of our asset on the asset store, you'll get an entry into the "Review Contest".

Each month two winners will be chosen at random and receive a free package of their choice from our library!

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
    We'll be adding downloadable content for registered users! Most often this will be pre-made materials & textures, but could include other add-ons as well.

NOTIFICATIONS
    Opt-in to receive email notifications when we release new packages, or when one of your registered packages gets a major update. Never miss fixes and additions!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
    You can sign up and check it out here: http://www.infinitypbr.com/login.php

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Whoops small bug wasn't registering packages under the right user ID. It's been fixed now! I 'm not sure which people registered what, so I just deleted the registrations, and you'll have to do it again. Sorry!

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update Coming Soon!

I'm submitting an update to the package right now that includes the new Dragon Egg model. The material features two base textures (as shown), and full customization. Also features our new "Rune" option, which allows you to put a default or custom masked texture onto the egg.

ivendar likes this.
  41. milox777

milox777

I've read you take requests, it'd be great if you could do some HQ zombie boss or any cool zombie design

infinitypbr likes this.
  42. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

That blue dragon is stunning. Will make a purchase soon.

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! Of course you can make whatever colors you'd like, pretty much unlimited changes :D

We have a "Human Base + Barbarian" set coming out soon. One idea I'm going to play with is including a "zombie" skin material. It should be simple enough to replace all the skin with a different skin, and if it looks good, then you'll easily be able to make a zombie out of that.

I wouldn't put a specific "Zombie" pack off the table, however, one different and more stylized and unique than the human base would allow. I'd imagine it'd include body parts that fall off, various states of decay/bone exposure and such.

44. sowatnow

sowatnow

Some nice dragon eggs there...
    Btw how are you going with the dragon rider animations?

infinitypbr likes this.
  45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They're in process. they're being done w/ our upcoming Human animations. Which is actually a giant project, it turns out. Not only for the number of animations, but for the complexity. They need to be even more realistic than normal, since humans are pretty well understood to us, vs something like a Rock monster or a worm :) But also we're animating the clothing to be realistic. And theres a LOT of clothes to choose from (so much, you can't actually use them all at once, since many cover the same area as others).

milox777 likes this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Holy Wow Batman! The guys from Gaia took just 5 minutes to create a gorgeous scene using the Dragon! Open the image in a new tab to see it in full screen!!

Hans and AdamGoodrich like this.
  47. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

These Dragons are awesome!!! I want to create an entire world just for them!!

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update with EGGS is now live!

49. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Wow - stunning!

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

[Edit: Auto Exporter tool is no longer included as it kept breaking with every update. There is a helpful tool that makes it easy to change the entire look of the dragon after only adjusting one section, however. And hopefully when a later Unity version is released, I'll be able to write a much more robust exporter script.]

Our "Auto Exporter" is a very helpful tool for exporting the textures you create. It automatically exports them and sets them into a new Standard Shader material.

However, Unity had a big bug in 5.2.0 that was fixed in 5.2.3f1. Any of those in between versions won't work at all -- nothing I can do about that since it's a Unity bug.

The fix, though, changed the behind-the-scenes code and me being not the best coder, needed help to fix it. It's bene fixed!

There's a new version that will only work in versions 5.2.3+ to go with the script that only works in versions before 5.2 (but NOT 5.2.0)

If you log in at www.InfinityPBR.com (no purchase required, just log in, if you want to use the script with Substance files that aren't ours ,go right ahead), you can download the new scripts. I suggest removing the version you're not using, so that the hot key works without issue (they're both set to the same hot key).

All of our packages will be updated in due time with it too.

Last edited: May 27, 2016