Search Unity

[InfinityPBR.com] Serpent Warrior Pack PBR - Mesh Morphing | Concept Art | SFX | Re-Mixable Music

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Jun 27, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of PBR Monster Pack #3. Get Serpent Warrior Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Gargoyle Pack PBR | Bone Dragon Pack PBR | Weeper Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/65915

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=serpentWarrior

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Serpent Warrior Pack PBR is half man, half snake. He comes with a selection of wardrobe, all of which can be removed or included individually or together. Fully customizable textures and mesh using Blend Shapes. Detailed animations include facial reactions.

Don't miss the preview of the music: "Arise Serpents"!​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Serpent Warrior Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Attack 3
    • Cast 1
    • Cast 2
    • Death
    • Dodge
    • Got Hit
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Tail Whip Left
    • Tail Whip Right
    • Taunt
    • Tongue Flick (Use with Avatar Mask for Tongue Only)
    • Walk
    • Walk Backward

Source Files
    Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

Demo of the demo scene featuring the animations, blend shapes, sound effects, and music.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    TeagansDad and TonyLi like this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

very nice :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! This is the first model that includes Blend Shapes, which I'm enjoying. Also the face is completely animated, which makes the photos SO MUCH BETTER! :D And the game play of course too!

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Anyone want to provide feedback on this guy? He's my favorite current model, and I'm super happy with the range of facial animations provided. He looks real, and emotional. However, there hasn't been a single sale of him.

I know that a "Serpent Warrior" isn't necessarily the first character people want to get, but i'd have expected at least one or two sales by now.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why it's not happening? I'm wondering if maybe people don't realize that these are actual stills from the animations provided -- most of the models in the store, including some of my older work, don't have such range of motion on the faces, so maybe people think it's somehow faked? THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!

10. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Well, I have him on my wish list. :)

I'm still working on the foundations of my game, so I'm not yet at the point where I need to start filling out the ranks of the monsters. The Serpent Warrior is on my shortlist of major foes to include though. He does look fantastic!

I can't speak for why anyone else hasn't bought him yet. I'm considering several of your monsters for my game, but I'm holding off making any more major art purchases until I have the core functionality of the game implemented and polished up a bit.

infinitypbr likes this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Being on the wish list is a great place to be! So you don't think people are looking at it and thinking "Ah, that's concept art" or something like that?

12. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

I think "on the wish list" is a euphemism for "I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale." ;-)

It doesn't look like concept art, so I don't think that's it. The model is reasonably priced, but it's not in "impulse buy" territory. At least for me it's in the price range where I'll buy it when I'm sure I'll be able to use it. It's more of a niche monster than the dragon or gargoyle, so if I don't have a specific use for it in mind, I'm less likely to buy it just because it looks cool. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

To be honest, I havent purchased your assets yet because of price. I usually only pay around $15 to $20 for an enemy / monster.

infinitypbr likes this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That's fair :) The price won't go down (Save for a sale -- which is rare), but I do know that not everyone wants to pay more than that amount.

Check out http://www.patreon.com/infinitypbr -- you can get characters for $25 each, but you'd be getting all characters for that price. For anyone who wants to use most of my characters, this is a great deal. It also helps me out tremendously, being able to budget -- plus you get to vote on what characters I produce next, which is neat too. (Right now a "Battle Mage" add on pack for the human is #1, and a Troll character is #2 -- both of which I wouldn't have put at the top of the list if it were up to me!)

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Blend Shapes
    This is a new thing for Unity, but now we're able to physically morph the mesh! Each of the characters below came from the same model, the same texture. All of it customizable, so you can make strong ones, weak ones, in between ones -- whatever you want!

TeagansDad likes this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Some BIG updates for the Serpent Warrior about to come up.....

#1 Concept Art
    These images (3 of them) come in layered PSD format, so the clothing
    can be turned off (and the spear too). You can change the Hue of the body without affecting the magic or the clothes, or vice versa.

These have been designed to look like they were done before the model was completed, even though thats not at all the case. The point of these updates is to provide you with some killer artwork with which you can populate your website, your emails, your Steam page etc.

Its just one more step towards my goal of providing a "complete" character package, one that would require zero extra components to go from prototype to shipping game.

TeagansDad likes this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

HEY! You reading this! I really want to know what you think about this....

I'm thinking of adding this type of thing to each character. The file will be in .png as well as a layer .psd with a *Lot* of options. (Many foreground grunge effects, many frames, many backgrounds etc.)

Do any of you think you'd have any use for something like this?

TeagansDad likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

"Arise Serpents"
    Composed Music
    https://soundcloud.com/user-821120479/arise-serpents

Serpent Warrior Pack PBR now includes Composed Music! The custom track "Arise Serpents" is separated into layers for use with the Unity Audio Mixer. You can mix the tracks, add effects and filters, and customize the sound to fit your game.

You can even control the levels and effects based on variables in game.

TeagansDad likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Demo featuring the Music & Sound Effects!

20. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Yes, I would definitely have a use for such extras. The frames and story cards are very cool, and the "concept" art would make for great character portraits or bestiary entries. Having sound effects to go with the monsters is a huge plus, too.

This is such a cool package that I think I need to make a place for these guys in my game so I can finally justify making the purchase. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Serpent Warrior is one of my favorites right now, which is why I made this one the first to have Music. The update (available now on InfinityPBR.com, and on the asset store as soon as they approve it) has the 'Grunge' image thing in it, but it takes up a decent amount of space, so I may make it a bonus download at InfinityPBR.com -- the same template can be used for any of the characters, so it's probably more efficient to keep it in one place, and let people make their own. I'll keep making mine to include with the packages, the single image, though.

TeagansDad likes this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Heres what the Serpent Warrior looks like in the amazing "Rome Fantasy Pack" by Quantum Theory.

TeagansDad likes this.
  24. roflcopternyancat

roflcopternyancat

As any assets by S.F.Bay I have (or have seen) this one is absolutely superb and looks incredibly intimidating in VR. Sadly, there seems to be a script problem. In the demo scene the body morph sliders don't work, and in the other scene unity 5.5 (free edition) complains that there is a script missing on the camera object.

infinitypbr likes this.
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll look into this today.

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've started looking into this:

Mesh Morphing / Blend Shapes
    It looks like the script needs to have the "Reload Blend Shapes" button pressed again. So click the serpent, and click the green "Reload Blend Shapes" button in the Inspector under SFB_BlendShapes. It'll work after that.

Missing Component on the Camera
    For some reason the camera in all Monster Pack #3 demos have a missing component, but it's one that I don't think was ever needed. Chances are I removed an old script but forgot to remove it from those objects. You can remove them, but in the next update they'll be removed.

Missing Music Controls
    What I did find, and is strange, is that the music controls are missing. I'll have to re-do this, I guess. In 5.3.4 (my master project), it's just not there. When I imported the latest package into 5.5, it shows as a "Missing Prefab". So something is funky with the music controls in the demo.

Thanks!!!!

27. roflcopternyancat

roflcopternyancat

Hey there. There are a couple more problems with the package, one of which is probably quite detrimental to you : the weeper model is included in the package!?
    I could not get the exporter to work by the way, but I can not check the error right now. I just thought I'd let you know about the bonus asset you forgot to remove ;)

infinitypbr likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ooo yeah that's a thjng isn't it!! :) thanks for the heads up

29. roflcopternyancat

roflcopternyancat

I am probably doing it wrong : in "CT2T - Skin to Body / Gear Env." I duplicated SFBv1_SerpentWarrior_v1, then used he original "serpent warrior" proc. material as source, and the copy as destination, set "skin highlight -> skin highlight" and "belly -> belly", and clicked copy all.
    This resulted in the following error on the console :

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'ProceduralMaterial' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    SFB_CopyThisToThat.CopyThisToThat (Int32 actionID) (at Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_CopyThisToThat.js:364)
    SFB_CopyThisToThat.AllActions () (at Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_CopyThisToThat.js:444)
    SFB_CopyThisToThatEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/SFBayStudios/Editor/SFB_CopyThisToThatEditor.js:234)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1236)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

halp?

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

If I'm understanding correctly.... The "Copy This To That" object only needs the procedural materials, and those are independent of the characters, so you don't need to duplicate the character. The error implies that the script isn't able to find the material that was assigned.

Try this:

Create a new Empty Object (name it as you'd like), and add the "SFB_CopyThisToThat" script. Choose the procedural material from the project view (not the scene), and click that as the source. Then do the same for all the destinations you'd like. You can copy from the source to the same material, but just be aware of the source and target sections, so you don't accidentally overwrite one of your source sections.

For the materials that are not the source, it'll pre-populate the sections if it finds one of the same name, so you should be good to go in most cases.

31. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Hi guys!

as roflcopternyancat said, yes, I confirm that there is some mesh of the weeper... :)

Anyway, I have a question: I'm able to export textures and materials as described in the pdf guide, and I find the results in the "Exported Materials" folder; so everything is fine about this point.

But I see that there is an "Exported Meshes" folder as well (where there is the unexpected bonus ;) ), and I did not understand how I can export the meshes after the blend customization.

I found the txt file with the exported values inside "Blendshape Preset Files" - I don't know how to use it -, and I also know that I can edit directly the blendShapes parameters of the Skinned Mesh Renderer component of the scene's character.

But, is it possible to export directly the customized meshes, as the existence of the "Esported Meshes" suggests?

Thank you in advance,
    Emanuele

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think the "Save As Mesh(es)" script is included in the weeper package, to make statues. I'd like to make it available as a stand-alone pack as well, something inexpensive, as a "Statue maker", but I need to figure out a few more key things before that'll work.

For the blend shapes, I've made a new tutorial video about that:

Thoronnim_Crystalia likes this.
  33. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Perfect!
    Now I know how to use the exported txt with the values!

Thank you!

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here is a video showcasing the 10 included mixes of the song "Arise Serpents", composed specifically for this package. In the demo scene you can quickly and easily create new mixes that fit your game, and export them all with a single click!

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Source files are now available! Substance Designer & Painter files can be downloaded from InfinityPBR.com

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've put the Serpent Warrior into the "Book of the Dead" :)

bookOfTheDead1.jpg

Thoronnim_Crystalia likes this.
  37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr