Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

InfinityPBR.com - Mushroom Monster Pack PBR - Audio | Mesh Morphing | Concept Art | Animated | Music

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, May 22, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music

Part of PBR Monster Pack #1. Get Mushroom Monsters and the following and save...
    Giant Worm PBR | Rock Monster PBR Pack | Plant Monster Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/38176

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=mushroomMonster

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Mushroom Monster PBR is a 2 Meter tall creature. He can be in any one of three static poses, waiting to surprise his opponent, or he can run around attacking and casting spells and even charging. He bashes his enemies with his head, can jump at them to bash them or run straight, head down. He also has a "magic" attack, twisting and slicing his head.

Use the Blend Shapes feature to morph the mesh into countless looks for massive customization.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Mushroom Monsters, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Attack 3
    • Attack 4
    • Block
    • Death
    • Get Smashed
    • Got Hit
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Static 1, 2 & 3
    • Walk

YouTube Videos

Very quick 1st person test with "The Blacksmith" environment. Needs tweaking for better frame rate, and larger colliders for the mushrooms, but I wanted to see what they look like dropping them into the world.

A "Real Game" demo showing the Mushroom Monster walking around a popular environment package from the Unity Asset Store.

A tutorial on adding Animation Events to the Mushroom Monster to trigger a magic spell to be cast.

This latest demo scene features a ton of stuff: Texture Customization, Sound Effects, Animation, Mesh Morphing and the music, including a look into using the Unity Audio Mixer.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's that same mushroom above, but in my game! I'm using 4.6 for this game, so the mushroom below is using the legacy "Bumped Diffuse" shader, with the diffuse & normal map that was exported using the Mushroom Monster package. Video will come soon.

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

And Video!

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Video! This is a speed video showing our latest version (v18) doing a couple textures. The new version (not yet submitted to the asset store) speeds up the processing of procedural changes by a large amount.

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Video showing the mushroom in a popular swamp environment!

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We've submitted the latest version to the store. When it's approved, the price will be back to normal.

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Very quick 1st person test with "The Blacksmith" environment. Needs tweaking for better frame rate, and larger colliders for the mushrooms, but I wanted to see what they look like dropping them into the world.

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Version & PRICE CUT!

Added "Contrast" options for Mushroom Stem, Mushroom Head & Mushroom Bumps Added a new Run-Time Material for changing the Hue | Saturation | Lightness | Contrast of the Stem, Head & Bumps.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The free barrels pack is now registered as $5, is there still a free version ?

Thanks

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's now $5, updated today with more options (biggest one being slat-free metal base textures) & a faster workflow behind the scenes. There isn't a free version of it, but anyone who got it before can download the new one just fine. I just forgot to change my signature

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, thanks for clarifying. The pack is very cool and $5 is nothing and totally worth it.

infinitypbr likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thank you :D

16. blackbird

blackbird

why there is two prices Price: €35.27 and the Upgrade: €27.13 what does that mean ?

17. blackbird

blackbird

any chance to make a package for the barbarian rpg , i mean the combat scripts and IA and inventory that's look very intresting and even worth the purchase even at high price

infinitypbr likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

When I first started making The Barbarian (www.thebarbariangame.com) I thought it'd be something I could do that with. But as it got more and more complicated, and as I realized I still had MUCH to learn, I lost that goal.

However, maybe -- one downside is that i code in Unityscript, so I'd either have to get someone to translate it well into C#, or just ignore that. Most Unity users are C# coders.

I plan on making more demos for the characters, and I have a humanoid coming at some point in the future, so maybe that'll be a good time to make some tutorials and include the scripts with the characters.

19. blackbird

blackbird

release it like it is now we will figure out how it works xD

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's really REALLY ugly under the hood! And I got lazy and stopped commenting. I couldn't in good faith release it like it is, I'd have to go through and comment and fix stuff I know could be done better / more efficient.

Also, I don't have the rights to most of the assets -- everything is from the asset store. Some of it I built myself so can include, but much else i can't include, so it'd be more difficult to work through for you guys.

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

NEW VIDEO!
    This tutorial goes through adding an Animation Event to the Mushroom Monster "Attack 2". We're submitting the latest version to the store tonight, and this will include the animation event & particles seen in the video. You can also try the demo now on our site: http://www.InfinityPBR.com/mushroomMonster

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Latest update w/ the particles is now live!

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Mushroom Monster is now part of PBR Monster Pack #1!
    This package will include FOUR Monsters. Right now it has the Mushroom Monster and Giant Worm. In time we will be adding a "Plant Monster" and "Rock Monster".

The price will rise for each model we add, but anyone who gets it now will get those for FREE.

StoreImageBig1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not yet -- I need to get the time to sit down and write it all out well (Better than I have before) with full comments. I'll be including, if possible, AI scripts at http://www.infinitypbr.com for free with videos showing how it works.

25. imtrobin

imtrobin

gargoyle not part of the monster pack? Btw, demo link in assetpage is broken

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah thanks for that heads up -- damn fancy " destroyed the URL. Fixes have been submitted.

The Gargoyle will be part of another pack. I want the packs to be related to each other, so that all of the characters in them work really well together.

It's not set in stone, but I'm thinking Gargoyle may go well with a "dungeon" or "undead" pack, perhaps with Slimes, Minotaur, Snakes, Spiders or skeletons, zombies, vampire, mummy, giant bat etc.

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Our latest addition to the PBR Monster Pack #1 is the Rock Monster PBR Pack!

This pack includes the Mushroom Monster, Giant Worm, Rock Monster & the Plant Monster (Coming Soon!). Get it now for $79, or upgrade from the Mushroom Monster for just $34! The price will go up to $99 for the PBR Monster Pack #1 once the Plant Monster is released, so getting it now will be a pretty good discount.

Rock Monster PBR Pack
    This package includes a 9 foot tall magical rock monster. Animations even include magical "Rubble to Idle", and when killed, he bursts back into rubble! Multiple rock textures are included, all 100% customizable, just like all of our PBR models.

29. blackbird

blackbird

does they have ai ?

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There's a bunch of AI packages on the asset store -- although I haven't tried any yet (I've bought at least one during a sale), they look very high quality. So nothing I do can really surpass that.

However, there's a section at http://www.InfintyPBR.com I've set up with tutorials. There's only three right now, but the "Smooth Look At" tutorial (with scripts) would qualify as AI-related. Soon we'll have our Human Base + Barbarian Package ready, and at that point you can expect us to make a LOT more tutorials and scripts show casing potential ways to work our stuff in a game.

AI -- movement, attacking, and all that -- will be part of those.

http://www.infinitypbr.com/scripts/smoothLookAt.php

blackbird likes this.
  31. sowatnow

sowatnow

Hi Andrew,

I was just wondering if there is an option to limit the export texture size. Right now each exported texture size is 16mb. I want it to be around 1-2mb.

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not within unity. My understanding is that unity will compress the textures on build based on your settings for each platform. So the ideal is an uncompressed file.

You could manually change them to a png without any real quality loss. But you can't do that within unity as far as I know.

33. sowatnow

sowatnow

Ya i wanted to know if its possible within unity, since textures are generated on the go.

Yep will change them to png in photoshop, hopefully it will reduce its size.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Downloads now available! Log in at http://www.InfinityPBR.com to download ready to go textures & materials. If you don't want to take the time to make your own, these will get you going right away!

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Very cool stuff :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Mushroom Monster Pack PBR has been updated!
    (Part of PBR Monster Pack #1)
    1. "Copy This To That", an editor script ready to be used in a new "Texture Creation" scene, allows you to copy the settings from any one section to the other sections on the same or other materials. Rather than updating the changes to each section by hand, you can now update a single section, and copy that to all the others with one click.

2. "Mass Exporter" script, along with a Single Exporter script, make it easy to export the customized materials directly into Standard Shader Materials, 100% game ready, with a single click. Advanced features include the ability to share un-changed texture maps from one material to another, so materials that only change the color, will only use a single new map, rather than 4!

* This is actually a pretty important update. I suggest you check it out, as it'll save a TON of time over the previous version.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Audio is almost ready!

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Next Update: Audio & Blend Shapes!

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming Soon: Concept Art!

This is something I've been wanting to include for a while, with all of my creatures. Concept art is great for websites, to flesh out the site before your game is complete and ready to be seen. But I, like many, skipped the concept art step to save on money.

There will be 3 images, each of a different "mushroom" look, one static, two in action poses. All will be available in .psd with layers, so colors can be adjusted and all that. I hope many of you who want to make a great website for your game will find these beneficial!

If all goes well, all the packages will get artwork.

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Alright, so the concept art is being submitted to the store for the update tonight! I think this is pretty cool, and really a big addition to the packs. Concept art is great for websites and advertising, and is something that really isn't easy to get unless you're ready to pay for it.

What do you think?

JBR-games likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Concept art update is now live on the asset store!

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey there! Do you think you'd have any use for something like this in your website/steam page/advertisements?

There would be a static .png, and also a layered Photoshop file with more options -- more foregrounds, backgrounds, borders etc, so you could customize it as you see fit, change the text and all that.

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

MUSIC!

Mushroom Monster Pack PBR now has MUSIC. This is more than just a single track.

"Under the Canopy" has been composed specifically for the Mushroom Monster, and is featured in 12 individual layers. Each track, in the Unity Audio Mixer, can be adjusted independent of the rest. This means that you can bring some sounds in, and some out, and mix your own tunes.

The demo scene includes 8 alternate versions, with many of them so different from the original that many listeners wouldn't know they're the same song.

Check out the Composers Mix here: https://soundcloud.com/user-821120479/infinitypbrcom-under-the-canopy

This is *insanely powerful*. I can't stress how cool this is . The track above sounds great. But once you start mixing it, you realize you can make many ambient versions, many alternate versions, each to fit the exact scene of your game, the mood you want your players to feel.

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here is a video showcasing the 10 included mixes of the song "Under The Canopy", composed specifically for this package. In the demo scene you can quickly and easily create new mixes that fit your game, and export them all with a single click!

48. sskenth

sskenth

Hi

I just bought one of you packs that included your mushroom. I just had a simple question in regards to using a simple bog standard prefab in my game.
    I added the Mushroom_v2 demo prefab into my game.

I just had 1 real issue.

I've added the mushroom to my level, it looks good, but every time I exit play mode in unity I have to wait 2mins for the assets to finish importing. I have no idea why this happens, but it only happens with your assets. Is there a way to stop this from happening each and everytime?

Thank you

Attached Files:

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, Unity loves to reimport those files. The .sbsar files aren't meant to be used at run time -- they shouldn't be attached to the object. Delete the .sbsar files from your game project, and if the model turns pink, just drag on the exported materials instead.

It's best to create a new project for texture customization, which is when you'll use the .sbsar files.

50. sskenth

sskenth

Hi thank you for the timely response.
    I also noticed I get a bunch of errors when I try and build...
    Are these also related to the .sbsar files?

I'd really like to just add a mushroom prefab as well as the worm(I have the pack) into my game and build without any customisation for now or build errors related to EditorUtilities. Whats the minimum amount I need from your pack on import?
    Could you list everything I can just remove/include that will help to avoid any of these bugs on build and texture customisation? I'd actually really appreciate a simple tutorial that just shows how to use the most simple prefab with no slow down, but I know thats alot to ask for, so no problem if it can't be done.

Thank you

Attached Files: