Search Unity

InfinityPBR.com - Book of the Dead Standard Shader Conversion & Alternate Textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Feb 9, 2019.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Available at InfinityPBR.com and the Unity Asset Store!

Version 2 released, now includes wind!

I've converted the textures in the Book of the Dead demo to standard shader when possible, and shaders made with Amplify Shader Editor when the standard shader wasn't possible.

I've also created alternate textures for many of the objects, and will make available the Substance Painter source files for those. Most of these have multiple versions in the file, and HSL layers set up to make new versions easy to create.

Painter2.jpg Painter1.jpg

overlay.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good question -- I have no idea. I'll ask Lennart.

Here's a video I made with the official Book of the Dead asset when it came out, featuring some of my characters.

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

A couple of preview images from the build I made.

These have no post-processing effects on them. It'd look more like the original demo with post processing. I did change the lighting and add a skybox though.

Preview2.jpg Preview1.jpg

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can you please elaborate? From what you write I get the impression you are selling Unity's work that's available for free. Even if you change a shader or a texture, what about the license of the models? Especially when Quixel models are involved? It sounds great, but it's a tad confusing :)

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Historically Unity has allowed publishers to use their free assets in ways that also distributes them. For instance, the popular Realistic Effects Pack 4 includes assets from the Viking Village in its package content.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 8.49.31 AM.png

But, I do understand your concern. I'll hopefully get to upload this to the Asset Store today, and we'll find out if it gets approved or not in the coming week or two.

7. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

You get this to render AS a biome in VS Pro and i will buy it! @LennartJohansen

Teila likes this.
  8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

9. Rowlan

Rowlan

What's the license on the substance painter source files? Can I create my own rock models and textures with the SP files and provide them for free for others?

SickaGames1 likes this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Buying/downloading from my site carries the same EULA as the asset store EULA. However, if you create new textures for this, please let me know, especially if you're really good, cause I'd love to have more variety to work with for game making :)

Rowlan and Teila like this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not sure what it would take to integrate w/ Vegetation Studio...but if it's possible, that'd be cool.

12. Teila

Teila

Andrew! This is fabulous. :) I tried to use assets from the original and yeah, the shaders were wonky. So nice that you did this for us. :)

Appreciate this very much and cannot wait to try these fabulous prefabs and textures in a scene. Will be purchasing asap.

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

I will have a look. If it is amplify shaders it should be easy to add.

Lennart

Teila, infinitypbr and SickaGames1 like this.
  14. Migueljb

Migueljb

Can your converted models and textures be used for commercial purposes still kinda confusing around the permissions here if I buy this pack?

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes. This package, as well as the original book of the dead, are under the asset store Eula which allows for commercial use.

Anyone can use assets from unity technologies (unless otherwise prohibited, like the Adam assets) for demonstration purposes.

In this case, I’m using the original assets to demo the new materials (which allow the original textures to work in the standard render pipeline), and the new textures I’ve made.

This is documented at 1.1e in the asset store submission guideline: https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines

XCPU and SickaGames1 like this.
  16. hopeful

hopeful

Interesting! Also interesting that you are providing the additional download of textures for those who buy.

Thanks for doing this! :)

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No problem! I always appreciate it when the art I get on the store has customization options, so I try to always do that for others.

hopeful likes this.
  18. jayxxix

jayxxix

Hi,
    Im quite new and recently saw the original demo for The book of the Dead on youtube and i went ahead and accidentally purchased your asset instead. (I admit it was quite stupid of me)
    I'm a student and this unwanted purchase has set me back by a considerable amount. Can you please issue me a refund. It'd be much appreciated.
    Thanks..

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Of course! Just pm me your order number and I’ll send an email to unity to ask it to be refunded.

20. inuninu53

inuninu53

Is this project going to support VR??

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It’s just models and textures...so yes! :)

22. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Does your custom shader support SSS and all the fancy stuff from HDRP?

Are the new textures usable with Lux/AFS/ATG/etc ? (mainly for SSS and to reduce shader keywords since i already run these)

and yeah if it was setup as a VS pro biome... makes it an instabuy for a lot of us :p

23. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

yep! VS Pro biome and Lux here as well?!

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure if the shader does...so probably not? It's made with Amplify Shader Editor, if that helps!

25. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

If you are using or trying to use standard shader then it definitely doesn't have SSS, ASE is just a tool to make custom shaders, if you are not implementing some kind of SSS then what is the purpose of making these custom shaders? Kind of defeats the purpose of using Book of the dead assets because without SSS they will look terrible.

If you don't want to mess around with shaders... try taking a look at Lux Plus or Advanced Terrain Grass by Forst. It's a custom standard shader with SSS already implemented. You do need to prepare custom textures in a format that it accepts. But the end result would be assets that look almost as good as HDRP without the hassle of HDRP.

Probably overly Technical.. but this is Unity's implementation of SSS in the HDRP.
    http://advances.realtimerendering.c...space subsurface scattering Siggraph 2018.pdf

SickaGames1 likes this.
  26. dyvoid

dyvoid

Hi, I got the asset yesterday, and even though I appreciate the work gone into this, there seems to be some problems with it. First off, when initially importing, I get a bunch of these errors:
    A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing

These go away after restarting Unity, but now it looks like a script is missing on nearly all of the assets. I get 912 warnings like these:
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Rock_Passagecave_A_LOD1') is missing!

When I click on one of these GameObjects I can confirm that indeed, a script is missing there.

I'm importing into a fresh, new project, so I can't see how I'm doing anything wrong in this case?!

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm not sure -- that's a strange issue. I'll look into it.

28. CR3AT0R_C30

CR3AT0R_C30

Why is the performance much lower in your demo scene than the original Unity scene? Do you have any way to make the scene less laggy?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

None of the objects are LODs etc, not sure what they did with the original for optimizations etc. That aspect of things isn't something I know much about. The objects and textures are basically the same though -- no difference there, so it's likely something to do with the scene setup and other optimization features.

30. blackbird

blackbird

are the shaders compatible with unity 2017 ?

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, it's all standard shaders

blackbird likes this.
  32. phocus123

phocus123

Hi there, I sent an email but I did not get a response so I will try on here. Does anyone know what the cause of this might be? It occurred after I ran the EquipCharacter script when trying to apply armour from the Half Orc set to a human model.

For some reason the image isn't loading if I insert in this post so I am just adding the link.

https://ibb.co/NWSVgzQ

I appreciate any help with this, thanks.

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! Sorry, the email must have gotten lost / I overlooked it.

Not sure why that's happening -- when did you download the data, and did you get it from the asset store, or from my site?

I think it could be that we haven't actually gotten the half-orc armor working on the human yet -- the human armor should work on the half-orc, but we're still finishing up the other way around.

34. phocus123

phocus123

Hey, That's all good, thanks for the response. I downloaded the Half Orc set directly from your site a couple of weeks ago. Ok fair enough then, I'm looking forward till you release this change.

Cheers

infinitypbr likes this.
  35. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

With the "book of the dead" pretty much gone, is this package viable on its own? I didn't get a chance to grab the book of the dead while it was available, so its hard to gauge how much of this is dependent/independent on that asset.

Thanks!

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, this works completely stand alone, and specifically doesn't work "With" the official BOTD asset, as that is HDRP, and this is built-in.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Version 2 is being worked on.

38. Migueljb

Migueljb

Whats version 2 have that the original doesn't? Is that just new shaders to have wind, different post processing setups etc be interesting to know what you have planned next for this. I purchased it but have yet to use it for any environment but would like to eventually use it.

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi!

BOTD Patch Notes:
    • Fixed missing script warnings in demo scene.
    • New and improved vegetation shaders (New look, improved Sub-surface scatter and wind)
    • Global wind control through global controller and via the wind zone (Wind controller must be present in the scene)
    • Fixed many textures and materials to improve the overall quality of the art.
    • Updated lighting and added post processing v2 to demo scene to showcase updated art/shaders.
    • Updates to the demo scene terrain (Fixes + texture painting)
    • Linear Color Space quality improvements to the art.
    • Added camera animation flying around the demo scene.

Also, looking to add demo scenes / videos with weather implementation (UniStorm etc), potentially particles and audio, though those may come in a future update.

40. Migueljb

Migueljb

I use Enviro for all my sky stuff be cool to get in on all the new stuff adding in Enviro to spice it all up. Enviro has great volumetrics and fog if your using standard pipeline for now with this update. Looking forward to using this with your new update when your done with it.

infinitypbr likes this.
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

42. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Having compile issues with the VS Pro compatible shaders included in the package, any ideas how to resolve?

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not sure, best to ask them, though, as I don't know what their shaders are all about.

44. yesica360

yesica360

Hi
    I want to know if it's possible to use the asset "New Textures & Standard Pipeline Conversion for Book of the Dead"
    in Unity 2019.2.1 LWRP or HDRP. Its a VR proyect with HTC Vive
    Thanks!