Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

InfinityPBR.com • Armor Pack 1: Modular, high quality armor w/ Substance Painter source files

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Dec 16, 2018.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Source Files

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/135427

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=armorPack1
    Armor Pack 1 contains 20 unique textures from 5 very different armor models. Each one is modular, with many individual parts that can be turned on or off to create dozens of different looks. Substance Painter source files are included for the ultimate in texture customization.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    (Coming Soon)
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    (Coming Soon)
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Armor Pack 1, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    (Coming Soon)
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

Concept Art
    (Coming Soon)
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Important Information on Rigging for Characters
    Currently this package is ready as a PROP only. The armor is not rigged. There are packages on the Asset Store that claim to allow you to rig armor such as these to your character, though I have not yet tried them out.

Once I release my upcoming Elf and Half-Orc packages, this set of armor will be morphed to fit all 6 bodies in my Humanoid series: Male and Female of the Humans, Elves, and Half-Orcs.

At that point, they will be rigged to work with the animations included in those character packs, and will have some amount of mesh morphing added.

The price will also go up. I do not have a timeline, though I expect this in the first half of 2019. Elves are nearly complete, and Half-Orcs will be animated after that is released.

Source Files
    Substance Painter
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

In this somewhat brief tutorial, I show you my method of creating new textures for the models in Substance Painter. It's not too difficult, and I highly suggest everyone take a crack at it. The power is insane.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Astarorr likes this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not tested, but these assets say they can rig and animate objects:

Puppet3D may be able to -- it's a rigging asset, so if it can copy a rig from the human over, then that may work.
    UMotion Community (and Pro) seem to do the same thing.
    SkinTools sounds like it may work

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. Drenyn

Drenyn

Does this armor come with just the tunic or are there greaves and gloves as well?

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Just what you see in the images above. I do have an accessories pack which should be on the asset store soon, and my characters have wardrobe as well. The humans and upcoming Elves and Half-Orc characters will have interchangeable wardrobe. Once those three are ready, we'll get these armors rigged for them as well.

6. Crowvyn

Crowvyn

Any update on when the armor might be rigged and ready for your human characters? First half of 2019 is over :)

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Half Orcs are nearing completion. Current plans (always subject to change of course), are to rig the Human/Elf/Half-Orc with each other. The Half-orc will start done, the elf will need the half-orc rigged, and the Human will need both the Elf & Half Orc.

After that, the leather armor would get rigged to all three.

Crystabel likes this.
  8. Crystabel

Crystabel

"At that point, they will be rigged to work with the animations included in those character packs, and will have some amount of mesh morphing added.
    The price will also go up."

If i purchase the pack now at the lower price, would i get the morphed & rigged update for free when it comes out? Or will it be a separate extra charge? (yes, just wondering if i can save a few $$. I have lots of packs still to purchase, lol).

PS- If you are considering future armor packs, i'll add my voice to wanting leg armor. i tried adding metal materials in painter to the pants (elves) to go with the lower leg armor, but the fabric ripples at the thigh/hip still show through. Which looks perfect for fabric materials (and chain/scalemail works too), but doesn't look quite right for attempting metal plate. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

For modifying them in Painter -- you can remove the normal map, there's a sort of hack to it, but it's not usually the best look. I agree that "full" armor would be a good addition.

Yes, if you get it now the update would be at no charge. The current timeline is that Katy, the animator I work with on these, is working on the Hydra character, now that th Half-Orc is nearly done. That's giving her a break from humanoids, to avoid burn out. Then she'll go back and fix up the elves/humans so that all three can share each others wardrobe (Half-orcs have all three out of the box). Then we'll get to the Armor pack.

Crystabel likes this.
  10. Crystabel

Crystabel

thanks!

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Rigging has begun on these. Here is Armor 1 on the Human Female, using the shirt from the Elf pack wardrobe, pants/bracer/boots/skirt from the Human pack, and the Armor 1.

The rigging process includes making these all work with mesh morphing :)

HumanArmor1.gif
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 1.28.00 PM.png

Crystabel and JBR-games like this.
  12. JBR-games

JBR-games

FYI, i personally understand that rigging this is a large added cost and I would have no issue with an "Upgrade Cost" if that meant you would be doing more sets in the future like NPC / Villagers, or full Armor set, but i also understand that you have already promised this update as free, and some may get up upset if you did charge.

MY Current Requests would be Some sort of Dress and Full arm length shirts

Crystabel and infinitypbr like this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks for the thoughts. I originally put it up as it is now because I knew it would be a bit before I could get them rigged / animated, and they really are still great props + others could probably rig them using other tools, so there is value there for those users. It took longer than I had expected, but hopefully they'll be ready soon. I have a 2nd set of armor being worked on (3 are done, none are rigged yet), which are more "full" armor -- really almost look like full characters aside from the missing face, as they have nearly full body coverage. Like this set, each will have 4 ready-to-go texture options with the painter source files.

My first play with the new armor rigged, which is when I made the images above, was fun -- I really enjoyed mixing the new armor with the various wardrobe etc, and seeing what kind of variety I could build. Having the blend shapes is great too, as you can still randomize the characters. (Some of the wardrobe is being updated with "armor 1" shapes, which morphs them to fit the armor, vs. the other way around -- for instance, the female chest is made smaller to fit the armor, so that we don't have to morph the armor out to some unrealistic value to fit larger chested characters).

I do want to make many more of these. Townsfolk wardrobe -- basic clothes, dresses, etc, plus mage robes and more.

Crystabel and JBR-games like this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Rigging should be done soon -- as early as a day or two, maybe a week or so, depending on if any last minute fixes are needed.

Also, Armor Pack 2 is nearly complete!

Will post photos later :D

JBR-games likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

16. JBR-games

JBR-games

will armor pack 2 be on your website ? i only see it on unity.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not sure yet. I would like to have people buy from the Asset Store. At first this was just to make sure I got the ranking boost, as I think my rankings were getting super low, resulting in fewer new folks actually finding my work.

Now that there are the bonus files and bundles allowed on the Asset Store, there's no reason really for me to have my own storefront, aside from the subscription. Hosting the bonus downloads, and serving them, costs a good amount of money (bonus files for these are something like 14GB, which is over $3 in serving the data for someone to download).

For now it'll only be on the Asset Store.

18. JBR-games

JBR-games

ok i understand, was asking as i had a few bonus credits from my subscription still..and armor pack 2 seemed like a good option. so will you be slowly moving away from your website then ? will the subscription system be going away at some point aswell?

infinitypbr likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Subscription won't go away until there aren't enough people signed up -- with the fewer eyeballs on my work, new signups have basically dried up over the past couple years. I need to get the time to re-do it a bit, so that I can have stuff hosted on my site for subscribers (And bonus credit use), while sending everyone else to the Asset Store