Search Unity

1. Going to #UniteBerlin? Bring a buddy & get 25% off the 2nd ticket! More info here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Famed game designer and creator of The Sims, SimCIty, and Spore is looking for a 3D artist to join their team. Join the challenge.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.4 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've opened a new World Building sub-forum to faciltate all your world building discussions! Drop in and ask any ProBuilder, ProGrids, or PolyBrush questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Already working on a red one

Lohrion likes this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Red / Blue options (will be exported for game-ready, and available in the same Painter file as the grey)

Mesh Morphing will determine the mesh look -- idk what kind of end results we'll get out of it, but hopefully a lot of options for muscles and bulk (and lack of bulk).

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 4.35.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 4.48.13 PM.png

Lohrion and Enoch like this.
  3. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, I bought the dragon pack. I absolutely love it, but unfortunately I can't seem to get the customization to work. I imported both the main dragon unityproject file as well as the customization file, but when I go to the customization scene all 3 dragons are as seen below. It just says "Nothing selected" on them, so I am not sure what file to try and select for them?

https://i.imgur.com/GhVrhwN.png

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

DId you get the "Customization" package from InfinityPBR.com? I recently had to remove those files from the main download due to upcoming changes in 2018.x, which will require two separate workflows for texture customzation, based on your version.

If you go to http://www.InfinityPBR.com and register the package, the "Downloads" section will have the Customization files. Bring those into your scene and it should start working.

Otherwise, it looks like the texture customzation scene has issues. I'll have to take a look at it. Unfortunately I'm out of town until sunday, but I"ll let you know what I find.

5. MostHated

MostHated

I bought and downloaded all the files right from your site. I imported the dragon played around with it in the demo and then wanted to try to customize so I imported the customization file as well and went to the scene and then that was what I was greeted with. I tried to restart Unity to see if that would cause it to find what it needed, but unfortunately it didnt.

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks -- I'll check it out today

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm. the file has everything in it, and it doesn't show pink for me.

Do you see this structure in your project folder?

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.12.29 AM.png

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gazer will likely be released tomorrow night. I don't think I'll be able to finish the work on it tonight.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. magique

magique

Beholder is actually a trademarked and copyrighted monster. You shouldn't be using it. WoTC owns it and does protect its IP.

infinitypbr likes this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gazer...something like that?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  11. magique

magique

It being trademarked and copyrighted you should not be using any likeness of it at all. But I'm not your lawyer and I can't stop you, but I'm just letting you know.

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

so the Gazer will be released NOT tonight, since my dungeon project for screenshots seems to need to be reloaded and it's taking forever.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

gazer_preview.jpg

Enoch likes this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

jovino likes this.
  15. LocksmithArmy

LocksmithArmy

When I saw Gazer my only thought was, "He better shoot lasers..."
    so glad he does ;)

infinitypbr likes this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming as soon as a few animations are fixed...

(One attack has the hadn't go under the ground, and the got hit and one of the death animations are a bit too fast)

Enoch likes this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

After that...maybe the "Young Dragons".

The ppl who made the cave creature at the top of this page, they're still doing modeling. Their animation didn't really work out. Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 9.18.25 PM.png

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

19. Enoch

Enoch

So what are these guys?

JBR-games likes this.
  20. JBR-games

JBR-games

Was thinking the same thing..

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm calling it "Golems Pack PBR". They're somewhat dumb creatures, and there are the 5 textures: Obsidian, stone, metal, "jungle", moonstone. The animations work w/ the "dumb" theme -- the idle break has him scratch his butt :)

There are two downsides -- one, there's no mouth, so he doesn't open his mouth. But his face does animated, as you can see in the GIF. The other thing is that the arms, near the pits, stretch during some of the motions, based on the way it was modeled. Katy, the animator, did a bunch of work to minimize it, updating the mesh even, but couldn't end it entirely. In game it's likely not noticeable, but when I was making the images, or watching the animations in slow motion, it is.

Otherwise, though, it's really a great character. No magic spells by design, though I think it works with humanoid rigs, so it could. I'll have to test out how it works though -- it has 4 fingers and 3 toes. One of the 4 attacks could be a good spell, he smashes both hands on the ground ,perhaps an "Earthquake" type spell. Otherwise he just punches and smacks.

Acissathar, Enoch and Gabriel_SG like this.
  22. Enoch

Enoch

Thinking about how I would use this. No magic is probably how I would go too. But I would likely try mecanim humanoid animation on him that allowed him to throw a chunk of stuff that he is made of at enemies (stone golem throws stones, Metal golem a chunk of metal, etc). So yeah if your asking for input :), a throwing animation with an extra modeled chunk of stuff (stone, metal, obsidian, etc).

If not I will probably find a spear scale it to be pretty thick and texture it with the same texture and we can just assume they can summon spears made of the same stuff they are made of.

Gabriel_SG and infinitypbr like this.