Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Already working on a red one

Lohrion likes this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Red / Blue options (will be exported for game-ready, and available in the same Painter file as the grey)

Mesh Morphing will determine the mesh look -- idk what kind of end results we'll get out of it, but hopefully a lot of options for muscles and bulk (and lack of bulk).

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 4.35.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 4.48.13 PM.png

Lohrion and Enoch like this.
  3. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, I bought the dragon pack. I absolutely love it, but unfortunately I can't seem to get the customization to work. I imported both the main dragon unityproject file as well as the customization file, but when I go to the customization scene all 3 dragons are as seen below. It just says "Nothing selected" on them, so I am not sure what file to try and select for them?

https://i.imgur.com/GhVrhwN.png

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

DId you get the "Customization" package from InfinityPBR.com? I recently had to remove those files from the main download due to upcoming changes in 2018.x, which will require two separate workflows for texture customzation, based on your version.

If you go to http://www.InfinityPBR.com and register the package, the "Downloads" section will have the Customization files. Bring those into your scene and it should start working.

Otherwise, it looks like the texture customzation scene has issues. I'll have to take a look at it. Unfortunately I'm out of town until sunday, but I"ll let you know what I find.

5. MostHated

MostHated

I bought and downloaded all the files right from your site. I imported the dragon played around with it in the demo and then wanted to try to customize so I imported the customization file as well and went to the scene and then that was what I was greeted with. I tried to restart Unity to see if that would cause it to find what it needed, but unfortunately it didnt.

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks -- I'll check it out today

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm. the file has everything in it, and it doesn't show pink for me.

Do you see this structure in your project folder?

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.12.29 AM.png

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gazer will likely be released tomorrow night. I don't think I'll be able to finish the work on it tonight.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. magique

magique

Beholder is actually a trademarked and copyrighted monster. You shouldn't be using it. WoTC owns it and does protect its IP.

jovino and infinitypbr like this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gazer...something like that?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  11. magique

magique

It being trademarked and copyrighted you should not be using any likeness of it at all. But I'm not your lawyer and I can't stop you, but I'm just letting you know.

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

so the Gazer will be released NOT tonight, since my dungeon project for screenshots seems to need to be reloaded and it's taking forever.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

gazer_preview.jpg

P_Jong and Enoch like this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

jovino likes this.
  15. LocksmithArmy

LocksmithArmy

When I saw Gazer my only thought was, "He better shoot lasers..."
    so glad he does ;)

infinitypbr likes this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming as soon as a few animations are fixed...

(One attack has the hadn't go under the ground, and the got hit and one of the death animations are a bit too fast)

Antypodish and Enoch like this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

After that...maybe the "Young Dragons".

The ppl who made the cave creature at the top of this page, they're still doing modeling. Their animation didn't really work out. Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 9.18.25 PM.png

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

19. Enoch

Enoch

So what are these guys?

JBR-games likes this.
  20. JBR-games

JBR-games

Was thinking the same thing..

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm calling it "Golems Pack PBR". They're somewhat dumb creatures, and there are the 5 textures: Obsidian, stone, metal, "jungle", moonstone. The animations work w/ the "dumb" theme -- the idle break has him scratch his butt :)

There are two downsides -- one, there's no mouth, so he doesn't open his mouth. But his face does animated, as you can see in the GIF. The other thing is that the arms, near the pits, stretch during some of the motions, based on the way it was modeled. Katy, the animator, did a bunch of work to minimize it, updating the mesh even, but couldn't end it entirely. In game it's likely not noticeable, but when I was making the images, or watching the animations in slow motion, it is.

Otherwise, though, it's really a great character. No magic spells by design, though I think it works with humanoid rigs, so it could. I'll have to test out how it works though -- it has 4 fingers and 3 toes. One of the 4 attacks could be a good spell, he smashes both hands on the ground ,perhaps an "Earthquake" type spell. Otherwise he just punches and smacks.

Acissathar, Enoch and Kaen_SG like this.
  22. Enoch

Enoch

Thinking about how I would use this. No magic is probably how I would go too. But I would likely try mecanim humanoid animation on him that allowed him to throw a chunk of stuff that he is made of at enemies (stone golem throws stones, Metal golem a chunk of metal, etc). So yeah if your asking for input :), a throwing animation with an extra modeled chunk of stuff (stone, metal, obsidian, etc).

If not I will probably find a spear scale it to be pretty thick and texture it with the same texture and we can just assume they can summon spears made of the same stuff they are made of.

Kaen_SG and infinitypbr like this.
  23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Want to know something cool? Since we're doing the "Young Dragons" next, it made sense to start by copying the rig/animations from the big dragons, and then modify it. And that meant it's a great opportunity to UPDATE THE DRAGONS!

We are adding four animations for transitioning from ground to air, including a cool landing animation where the dragon slides a bit. We're also updating the face, to add some facial animation, including some simple snarls etc.

The Young Dragons will have al the same animations, but will be modified to make it more youthful and fitting of the new bodies.

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

SOLVED! I think, at least -- I'll have to check when I get back. We ended up including the vertical motion in the root motion, so the end result should be that the Y position goes with the height changes. For landing, this will require some coding to get the position right at the end. The Dragon "lands" maybe 80% through the animation, and we know how many frames, so the goal will be to write a script that knows where the touch down position is, gets that height, and then does some math to augment the 5 units of height the dragon will drop. If character is 6 units up, the script will add 1 unit of height to the drop over the course of the landing animation. If the character is 4 units up, the script will deduct one unit of height (basically move the dragon up slowly).

That's the goal anyway :D Should be easy enough.

Hey all! I need some help. I've got the new animations for the Dragon -- two take off and two landing animations. However, to transition properly, the height of the dragon needs to be set to 5 at the end of the take off animations. That's working fine for the "idle takeoff", but for the "running take off", the height is changed to 5 and immediately back to 0.

I can't see where this is happening. I'm going to take a break from it for now, but figured I"d see if anyone here can figure out the issue by watching a 2 minute video?

If so, please let me know :)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Just got this preview GIF of a WIP Young Dragon attack.

limpin_jezus and p87 like this.
  26. limpin_jezus

limpin_jezus

Hello, I've been working with the Humans from the Humans and Dragon pack. Looking at the Demo full morphing assets, the male, for example, has 107ish body blend shapes visible in the inspector. If I look further down in the Blend Shape Object ->Male_Body there are 274 blend shapes total. I can see the checkbox to make them visible in the inspector and I see the Inspector Objects list that references those elements, but I can't seem to get any of the currently non-visible blend shapes to be visible in the inspector, such as WaistWidthMinus or StomachDepthMinus. What am I missing?

27. p87

p87

looking forward to succubus , any further progress made on the model since the last pic? cant wait for that one, will go perfect with the demons!

infinitypbr likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not yet. I want to go over the texture again -- I learned a lot when doing the elf and humans. But I've put the other humanoids up further in the pipeline. I'm testing with an outsourcing studio for animations, but os far the quality is low and they're taking a long time, so they may not work out. Fortunately, the best animator I have is still with me :)

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Are you using the "SFB_Blend Shape Manager" that's attached to the prefab?

To make it easier to manage so many shapes, including all the shapes with wardrobe that needs to "match" the body etc, the script brings it all together. While you can control them other ways, I wouldn't suggest it unless you really have something specific you need done.

Let me know if you're talking about something else though.

This video may help:

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This is what the inspector looks like for the blend shape manager:

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 5.50.32 PM.png

31. limpin_jezus

limpin_jezus

Yep I've been watching the videos and that is a great resource, it just isn't answering my question specifically. here is the are I'm referring to:

If I open the Male Body Blend Shapes:
    upload_2018-5-22_21-35-26.png

It goes from 14 - 128 (114 total). If I look further down at the Internal Script Data->Blend Shape Objects->Male_Body, I can see there are 274 Total Blend Shapes for the Male_Body. So the above section is missing about 160. Things like StomachDepth and WaistWidth. It appears I could select the Visible in inspector check box and Update the InspectorObjects List in the same area, but I'm not having any luck with that.

upload_2018-5-22_21-47-5.png

upload_2018-5-22_21-47-46.png

Although I suppose I could just adjust the weights in the Blendshapes section of the Mesh Renderer when I expose them in game.

upload_2018-5-22_21-49-19.png

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah! Thanks for the explanation.

The script combines "Minus" and "Plus" into the same slider. The naming convention is such that if a shape changes the same "thing" in different directions, we set the one that gets bigger as plus and smaller as minus.

That way, the end user can only choose to activate one at a time -- otherwise, we can imaging making the shoulders bigger and smaller at the same time, which would give a weird or no result.

Not all shapes have an opposite, though. You'll see the following naming convention:

* SFB_BS_[ShapeName]Plus which will match with SFB_BS_[ShapeName]Minus
    * SFB_BS_[ShapeName] (no plus, which means it's just one direction)
    * SFB_BSM_[MatchName]_[ShapeName][Plus/Minus] -- this is a "Match". The 4th part will match the 3rd part of a "SFB_BS_" shape, and when the "BS" is changed, the "BSM" will match the value. That way, when the shoulders are made bigger, the pauldron also moves/morphs to compensate.

Adding lots of matches together doesn't always work, but most of the time, without going to extremes, the result is accurate. :)

33. p87

p87

hey i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but regarding your assets in general - they all use substances. From what I have heard, substance integration is no longer a native built-in thing with unity3d, and was deprecated in 2018. Now you have to download Allegorithmic's "Substance in Unity" asset that is on the asset store in order to use substance in unity.

do you plan on upgrading your assets to the 2018 "substance in unity" plugin? it sounds like it may involve some kind of nightmare scenario where it is required to reconfigure all the substance materials in the editor.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I do plan on this, yes. I haven't had time to figure out what's different about it. In the end, it's likely better to have to download the plugin, as that means the "Substance" support is not tied directly to the Editor. In 5.4.x, all substance exporting was broken, which really messed things up for people for a bit. That shouldn't happen now.

But, I do need to carve out some time to figure out what's changed, and update the scripts.

35. Acissathar

Acissathar

Whenever you have the time, could we get a general update on where everything is at? Something like your 2017 beginning of the year email would be perfect.

I'm not in a push for anything, just merely curious and I like reading updates :)

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Book of the Dead: Environments is out, so I brought in the dragons. I had to modify the material and so the rough/metal isn't quite right, but it's hard to tell. Looks good! :)

To replicate: I changed the material from " Standard" to the one they used for the rocks, added the albedo / normal maps, and then set the metal to 0, rough to 0.35 and the "angle" rough to 0.15.

It runs "ok" on my iMac. But has a lot of blips.

BookOfTheDragon3.jpg
    BookOfTheDragon2.jpg
    BookOfTheDragon1.jpg

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Book of the Dead!

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Young Dragons are *almost* ready. The back options (spikes, fins, carapace), need some updates for the mesh morphing ,as they currently don't move when the upper and lower back of the dragon is changed. Once that happens, they should be good to be released!

limpin_jezus likes this.
  39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all, I've added a poll on my site, http://www.infinitypbr.com, should show up in the bottom right. I'm looking to see which features people actually use.

I'm also looking to see if I should continue to include the .sbsar customizable files in the characters. As I work on the Young Dragons, it's very clear that using Substance Painter provides a much higher quality texture customization workflow, and takes basically no more time than doing it in Unity. Perhaps less time.

But for me, the setup of the .sbsar files takes a lot of time. So I'm trying to see if people actually use it.

If you have a moment to complete the poll, that would be helpful! :D

40. chelnok

chelnok

Answered to poll. However, i think you should make lite versions of some of your models; just a model, anims and textures, no customisation, no music etc, and see if they are more or less popular. Perhaps some general fx (snd fx, particle fx) as a place holder for some animations.

Probably easiest to try it for some of your upcoming asset with normal version (model, textures, animations) and pro version with all extras (sbar, music, customisation...). And of course upgrade prize from normal to pro.

infinitypbr likes this.
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll think about it -- I did try this a while back, when I started, and it didn't seem to matter. At one point I also tried just lowering the price of one asset, without saying anything, for a few months, down to $29, and saw zero difference.

42. Sanginius

Sanginius

Hey there, I really love your models, the quality is just amazing. I wonder what the state of the orcs and elves are?

By the way, when I have the human characters, can I fit them the armor of the devils, or demons?
    That's the only thing that is really missing at the moment - content for playable characters. There are enough monsters at the moment. But I really would like to get some new armory.

Your weapons pack is crazy. I think there is no need at all to get any additional weapons models, because you can just customize so much there. (Haven't bought it yet, but it will be when it comes to implement the inventory and character equipment).

Keep up the great work and I really can't wait for what you show next :)

p87 and infinitypbr like this.
  43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!

I've just submitted the elves to my animator, so hopefully not too much longer for those. It will take a bit longer due to the wardrobe -- I plan to allow human/elf/half-orc armor to be interchangeable.

Weapons/Armor pack #2 is in the works as well.

Maybe after that the devil/demon, but currently no plans.

Sanginius likes this.
  44. psistalk

psistalk

I use the sbar files but am waiting for substance to get out of Beta. Im using 2018.2

infinitypbr likes this.
  45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, me too!

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I hope to get these released tomorrow after work!

botd1.jpg botd2.jpg botd3.jpg botd4.jpg

AndreasO likes this.
  47. magique

magique

Substance has always been rather confusing to me and something I don't care for. I've never used Substance Painter or even tried. If the asset required that then it would probably be a show stopper for me. Or I'd have to try to learn Substance Painter and I really don't want to. lol.

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Now that the Young Dragons are out, the next step is the Elves!

This may take a bit for a few reasons:

* It's summer, and the animator is going away for 2 weeks.
    * Turns out the elves, for some reason, don't have an inner mouth. So we'll see if they can get the human mouth put in there.
    * The elves will be a big project, lots of wardrobe, lots of mesh morphing.
    * Human wardrobe will work with the elves and vice versa, which will take some work.
    * We will be attempting to build in the same blendshapes for facial animations that apple users for their animojis, which may make it easy to allow you to record your own facial animations using your iPhone, android phone, or depth webcam.

That last one is HUGE. If it works, we'll be doing the same to the human in an update. That would be AMAZING.

p87, hungrybelome and Acissathar like this.
  49. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Hi, is the bow string rigged/animated in your weapons pack?

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's rigged w/ bones, and animated w/ the human animations. However, animations could be created to match other situations in Unity, esp. with tools like Puppet3D or uMotion Pro

hungrybelome likes this.