Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're a macOS 10.13 High Sierra user take be sure to read this before updating Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by sfbaystudios, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

WOW!!

The bat's animations are really awesome!
    Many compliments to Katy! Very good job... Currently we don't need this character, but after seeing it... maybe it could find room... let's see!

Acissathar and sfbaystudios like this.
  2. Acissathar

Acissathar

Fully agree and I was about to say the same. I didn't have any interest in adding bats, but after the demo video I think I've changed my mind.

3. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I want to get in on the subscription plus bonus when I get home this evening so I can get the bats and something else. I left you a PM with a question I had.

sfbaystudios likes this.
  4. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

5. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

6. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

All my assets are currently 25% off at the Asset Store and on my website, if anyone is interested. Through December 8th.

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  7. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

~ 5 hours left for the sale :)

8. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

Almost done w/ the C# conversion. Took a bunch of time this weekend, but I was able to do most of it without major issues.

Due to some changes in 2018.x, however, I'm going to have to change the structure of my project files. The next version I upload will have only game-ready files, with all the customization .unitypackage files from my site.

Why? Well, I can't talk about that yet. But there's a good chance that for a while I'll have to support two different work flows in at least two different areas of all of my packs -- basically for people using 2018.x and those still using Unity 5 or 2017.x

Hopefully everyone has signed up on my site! Downloads will be easily obtained there, and of course that means you can do more picking and choosing which files you want.

JBR-games likes this.
  9. JBR-games

JBR-games

I think its great that you are converting your code over to c# .
    Unity seems to be making things really tough on asset developers lately, Constant changes... I understand that unity needs to evolve and improve but its also fustrating that assets i buy become broken so often lately..The update system was a great addition though to help with this somewhat.

By the sounds of it i may be staying with unity 5 or maybe 2017 for quite some time... As i get the impression big (breaking) changes are on the way..

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  10. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

Who knows how breaking they'll be. From what I've seen, and understand of it, some upcoming changes are pretty cool, and will make the editor and 2018.x really really nice.

The C# stuff has been on my plate for a while...all new scripts were C#, but now the asset store says they'll be removing any asset that has .js files in them after the new year, since they won't work at all in 2018.x, and all assets need to work with the latest version of Unity.

EDIT: I will say though, as a user, updating to a new version every 3 months is somewhat challenging. There have been, in the past, breaking changes, so it's always a requirement to test heavily when updating before continuing development. That's kind of too bad.

11. JBR-games

JBR-games

It makes sense for unity to convert to one language.. Much less work on their part to keep things working properly.. Although im sure there are some java users that will be pretty unhappy.. (Maybe your one of them) . has unity ever gave a official. Statement that java was to be removed by x date ?

12. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

I'm not one of them -- I saw the writing on the wall a while back. They did announce it to the publishers in early spring, and then had a blog post, but messaging wasn't super robust. Some are quite unhappy. Ultimately language to me is language -- I like the one I like because I'm most comfortable with it, but they all can do the same thing in the end: Make cool games.

C# is easier to code in though, now that I know more about it, due to the auto completion and such things that javascript didn't have. Honestly, I didn't even know I was missing something before, as no where in my learning about coding in Unity did I see anything about the fringe benefits of C#.

Oh well -- I'm pretty comfortable in it now, and though I'm still not the best coder and still I'm probably unaware of some really cool things that'd make my life easier with C#, I'd say I'm 99% of where I was with Javascript.

13. Enoch

Enoch

Yeah the "fringe" benefits are pretty spectacular. Language is language but they all aren't the same and some of these intangibles are the reason why. If you love auto completion get visual studio and resharper, it is another of those once you go you never go back experiences.

I am glad to see you finally converting these to c#. I really need the blendshape script to be c# so I could call some of it's methods from other c# classes easily. So yeah good job, this is a big deal to me at least.

sfbaystudios and JBR-games like this.
  14. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

If you have the human package, the downloads on my site currently have that. I still need to make videos etc, so I'm holding off on an announcement. If I for whatever reason didn't do the script correctly, and you can't work with it the way you want, let me know what I should adjust and I'll try to do that.

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  15. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios

A goblin to fight the humans. Pixar/Cartoon Style.

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 8.52.29 PM.png

(And to test the body parts / wardrobe parts in Unity...)
    Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 8.59.27 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017 at 5:00 AM