Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. dienat

dienat

You could buy any previous package for 25$, and then automatically be charged for every newer package that were made after that one also. What it makes no sense is that just cause someone knew this package before me gets much better prices.

2. Sovogal

Sovogal

It's still available if you look him up on Patreon.

dienat likes this.
  3. R1PFake

R1PFake

This is a big topic and i won't answer to that, im sure the seller will reply to this and can explain why he uses the sub system.

But i can say that i have seen similar "release discounts" in other packs or even other stores. For example i have seen steam games which were a few % cheaper in the release week and then everyone who didn't buy it in the release week had to pay more (just a example)

4. dienat

dienat

In Steam you just have to wait for the christmas or summer big discounts. Anyway just wanted to know how subscription worked in this case.

5. JBR-games

JBR-games

I can say for sure that you get a large discount if you buy all the packages together.. Or if you buy certain groups of packages, On the website.

dienat likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming *VERY* Soon: Spiders Pack PBR!

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There is the $50/new pack option at https://www.patreon.com/infinitypbr which would charge you $25 for the new pack and give you a credit for any other package. When you're logged into InfinityPBR.com you'd see the credit and the option to choose a package. Ultimately I'm moving to my own system, but the Patreon.com version should be up for a while longer, likely months and month if not over a year. It just depends on how many people have opted to use it, as it adds some manual labor each time I release a new pack that I"d prefer to avoid, but won't worry about so long as there are enough people signed up.

The Subscription is the lowest prices in almost all cases, if not all cases going forward. In exchange for the steep discount, I get a group of fans who are wiling to support all my work -- that's valuable, and helps me budget for things. Once enough people are subscribed, I'll be able to increase the rate at which I produce new packs. Currently it takes 1-2 years for any average package to make the money back I spend on all the features (Modeling, animating, concept art, sound, music etc). So being able to make up a portion, or eventually all, of that cost at the launch day is very very helpful.

I would absolutely love to have everyone know about my stuff right now, or before, but that's not something I can control :)

There is, though, the option of buying all the packs at once. When you're logged into the site, go to the cart and you'll see an option at the top that says "Save ##% and Get Everything!". If you buy everything at once, you'll save up to $20 per package. It's a pretty good discount, although it is a larger sum. Only what you haven't already registered is included. In cases where the "Monster Pack" price is lower, the cart will always show you the lowest possible price.

Hope that make sense!!!

8. Sovogal

Sovogal

Spiders look fantastic. Great job on the abdomen types. Is that a blend shape or an entirely different mesh?

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Entirely different mesh. Blend shapes aren't yet part of the character, will be added in the future as we can get to it. I also expect some animation updates in the future too -- the animations are fine, but there are some small things that I don't like, and so I want to update them, but with a different animator. So that'll require waiting for him to be available (currently he's doing the Medusa)

Also, the fur shader isn't final -- that should be finalized sooner than later, but it works well already, and will be updated when its' ready. I wanted to show in the images how well it looks with depth of field.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Spiders Pack PBR is now available exclusively at InfinityPBR.com (https://www.infinitypbr.com/#spiders), and is $10 off until the Asset Store approves the pack. Once the package is approved on the Unity Asset Store (usually 7-21 days), the price will go up.

11. JBR-games

JBR-games

Subscription system seems to be working good. Just got a notification that i now own the spider pack :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

Hello I'm just learning about Infinity PBR today and I'm totally sold on the vision the creators have set forth with. My only concern (or wish).... is that the human characters should really get new styles/themes. Right now there's a big focus on creatures (which all look AMAZING and I'm buying all of them) but I'd love to see more humans for actual characters.

Thank you to the creators of these amazing packs.. the best assets I've seen in the store in quite some time!

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Maybe you're in luck (if what I'm working on fits what you're looking for that is!)

Currently the game plan for the humans (which is about to get sound effects and music update, which you can preview here), is to add mesh morphing. This will (I think) replace the 3 current heads with 1 head, but one which has a huge amount of mesh morphing options. The idea is that you'll be able to create all the three heads, plus who knows how many more, just by modifying a few sliders. If all goes as planned, the two non-default heads will be options for the mesh morphing as well, so nothing will be lost in the update.

Clothing will also be morphable.

I'm also working on an "Elf" pack (currently just waiting for clothing to be finished). The clothing from the Elves will work on the humans, and the humans will work on the elves. Next will be "Half-Orc" and then "Dwarf" base characters. Same deal: The clothing from all 4 will work on all of them, just morphed by default to fit each character. If it all works as planned, there will be a gianormous array of clothing options.

After that, I'l work on producing clothing packages that fit all 8 character bodies (4 races, 2 genders each).

But, I'm glad you like my stuff! :D Don't forget to register at http://www.InfinityPBR.com to get a coupon upon registration and email updates.

14. dienat

dienat

Its a nice discount for buying everything. You have very nice monsters but would be nice an upgrade for dungeons, something beyond walls, one type of door and the other things that are in the video, i mean all kinds of furniture, potions, books, gold, etc...

infinitypbr likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Maybe the demo scene doesn't show it all, because there are definitely 4 door types (one of which is the "Bars"). It doesn't have the other things you mention -- I'd like to do a "props" package that would have all that at some point.

Bonus Credit Subscription Option
    I've now updated the Subscription options on http://www.InfinityPBR.com to include a "Bonus Credit Add-On". This means that when a new package is released, you'll be charged $50 and be instantly registered with the new pack, plus given a coupon on the site which you can then use for any previously released package.

16. dienat

dienat

About in what range of number of triangles use your models in low poly lod?

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That's a tough question to answer. For a couple reasons, I actually stopped posting it.

1) The *best* thing for you to do is to get Simplygon from the asset store. It's free, and you can make your own LODs that fit your needs. I use that for non-mesh-morphable characters and "Mantis LOD" for ones that have blend shapes, since Simplygon cuts out the blend shapes. In both cases, it's free, and you should just do it yourself as it doesn't take more than a couple minutes and you can get as low a count as you'd like to get.

2) I think it's a misconception that this many or that many triangles is what's required for mobile or otherwise. Every year mobile gets tremendously faster, and desktop as well. So saying something is low enough poly count for mobile today probably means it'll look terrible on mobile 2 years from now because it'll be TOO low poly.

So get Simplygon or Mantis (http://www.mesh-online.net <-- free version), and make them yourself to fit the exact project you're working on and the exact quality level you desire. :)

18. dienat

dienat

Simplygon is not free if it is about a commercial project and mantis seems paid also for proffesionals, do you use one of those tools to make the lods?
    I need to know how many triangles have the creatures you show to make me an idea, for instance how many triangles use demons you show?

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Simplygon: "Now free for educational, non-commercial and indie users." Indie is commercial, you just can't make over a certain (very high) amount.

Mantis: "We provide free online mesh simplification service for all Unity users, please download our Online Edition v4.0"

I use both, and both can be used by you, unless you're making gobs of money :)

The fully equipped demon is about 37k, with the current LOD 5 at 1.4k But that looks terrible up close. To really know if something "Works" for any particular game, you need to know the platform it'll be on and the screen resolution and ultimately how big the character will be in the game. But again, I suggest getting Simplygon and the Mantis Online and using those to make LODs that fit exactly what you need for your project. There really isn't a one-size-fits-all solution here.

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Lots of concept art has been updated recently -- Demons (not shown here), Gelatinous Cube & Sphere and the Weeper. In fact, almost all of the packs have concept art now! Just missing, I think, the RPG Barbarian Pack, Weapons & Armor, Dungeon & Spiders!

(You won't find the updates on the Asset Store yet, as they have to wait for approval. However, the updates are all available at http://www.InfinityPBR.com right now!)

21. Acissathar

Acissathar

I'm glad you added this. New job is finally starting so I'll be able to subscribe, and I can't turn down great deals.

I also really enjoyed your 2017 overlook email as it provided a great deal of useful information. Are the Unreal packages available to the Unity users as well if we register, or do we need to purchase separately? Merely curious here.

You also misspelled the link to your game, you added in an extra R in heroes ;)

That said, I'm hopeful that the trend continues and you're able to reach your desired point with these assets. I think you've got stuff of very high quality, and the customization you offer is a very welcome addition.

PS before banning users for unreviewed vouchers, could you send out a warning email to those users? I think I've reviewed everything I got the voucher for, but I want to make sure.

infinitypbr likes this.
  22. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

So now that I have the asset (Barbarian pack) and I've had time to mess around with it... I can definitely say that I love it so far.

However I'm having one issue and I'm not sure if it's the asset or my Unity setup. When I press play in the editor.. it takes longer than normal for a scene using a PBR character to load. And when I hit stop a prompt comes up titled "Hold On" .. and all the .sbsar files used in the scene start processing.

Here's the thing that's really confusing me. I've exported all the procedural materials to regular texture images.. and replaced them on my model.. however the .sbsar files still process after I hit stop on the game. This freezes my PC for a while and it's bothering me.

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Damn. I'm a terrible speller, and make that kind of mistake *all the time*. My girlfriend is a copy editor and writer. So....she gets frustrated with me, while I've learned to accept myself for who I am :)

Unreal
    Yep, you'd have access. However, there's not much to it. Unreal doesn't have as much support for substances, it's not built in, so there is no customization available there. You'd have to use the "Substance Player" from allegorithmic or just use Unity to make textures (which is what I"m ultimately likely to suggest to Unreal users, since Unity is free for that purpose).

In the end I'm not actually even sure that there's an "import" method for Unreal like there is in Unity. To submit my package i just sent them the entire project. And from there I guess they do the reset. It's very different from Unity. Some ways better, some ways not. It may be that I just provide the basic files on my site, and let people download them a la carte as they see fit. That may be better for Unreal users, since they may not care about the music or concept art. For unity, since all the demo scenes are there, and all the custom scripting, the full .unitypackage still makes sense. We'll see how it goes.

Vouchers
    I was mostly talking to two specific users, although there are a handful of instances where 5 vouchers have been taken, but only 2 or 3 reviews written. Unfortunately I can't tie the email to the reviewer name unless people submit their Asset Store Review name on the profile page. I could make people do that before giving the voucher I suppose. But I haven't yet. Maybe i"ll do that.

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, this is quite annoying. I would suggest that you have a new project for Texture Creation, and don't import the .sbsar files at all into your main project. Simply export the exported textures and materials (select them and right click, choose "export") and then import that .unitypackage into the main project. That will avoid the issue altogether.

Otherwise, double check to make sure the materials being used aren't the .sbsar ones. They're very very heavy and too many in a scene will use way too much RAM. I'm not entirely sure why Untiy likes to reload them so much, but I think it may have to be a RAM issue...idk for sure though.

Xepherys and GamePowerNetwork like this.
  25. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

This worked perfectly thanks! I'm going to request my voucher now.. without a doubt a 5 star asset with that issue resolved.

infinitypbr likes this.
  26. Xepherys

Xepherys

Another great topic for an InfinityPBR Tips and Tricks thread... ;)

JBR-games, Acissathar and infinitypbr like this.
  27. JBR-games

JBR-games

Human -addon (NPCs) are in the lead and pulling away with votes...

https://www.infinitypbr.com/vote.php

I sure hope they are get started soon. Maybe add a child model ,There is no good NPCs on the Asset store...;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  28. dienat

dienat

The four kind of doors are of what type, one is bars and the one shown in the video, the other two how are they? I see there is a vain in the video, not sure if you consider that a door.

Also doors can be just placed between two walls or they are part of a wall?

About LODs, can you show how looks for instance demons in the different lods and how many triangles use each lod?

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Looks like there are 9 door types aside from the bars, here's an isometric unlit view.

Everything is realistic.

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 4.15.53 PM.png

I won't post the LODs of the demons -- it would be misleading and really quite pointless. If you get the demons, you should use those applications to get the quality down to where you need it for your very specific application.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Dungeon has been a topic of conversation recently, so I figured I should give an update as I was working on it for the past few hours.

I've learned a lot in the past half year, and so I'll be replacing/updating much of the pack with new meshes, better meshes. I'll be adding a lot too. The image below is of "Alcove 001", in the "Dark Stone" texture set. The "Dark Stone" look will ship with the pack as a "Game-Ready" set. Of course you'll have full customization options as you've grown to expect as well, although those files will likely be in a separate download from InfinityPBR.com due to file size restrictions on the Asset Store. But it'll be included.

Hopefully I'll be able to offer additional game-ready texture sets, by myself and by other artists, as add-on packs. These would be texture sets that you can't get just by modifying the Dark Stone look -- they'd be created in applications like Substance Painter to be completely unique, and different, from the original default look.

dungeonpreview.jpg

31. Sovogal

Sovogal

Game-ready texture sets will be a great addition.

infinitypbr likes this.
  32. Xepherys

Xepherys

Well, the alcove looks very good. I'm excited for new stuff in the dungeons pack - I'm slowly starting to work on the "feel" of some of my scenes, so that'll be a huge benefit for me down the road.

infinitypbr likes this.
  33. R1PFake

R1PFake

Random question but does anyone know any toon shader which would look good with these monster models/textures?

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Small update really, just a Work In Progress for the Half-Orc bodies. I hope to have some WIP for the Elf clothing soon too, maybe tomorrow if things go well.

35. xGeekDad

xGeekDad

We gonna see any new packages soon?

Greg

infinitypbr likes this.
  36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep! I'm out of town until the 25th so I'm unable to work more than a little bit each day. But the Imp should be ready, and once I am able to package it, it'll be released next. There's also an update to the Spiders soon too.

37. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

Human characters.. The problem is with clothing diversity. I think having a huge diversity of clothing would do as much for sales as having a huge diversity of customization. For me, I need leather armor(barbarian pack mostly has that covered) and peasants/townsfolk/survival type clothing and if the provider doesn´t already have that stuff available, it is hard to think about switching over.

So far most of the people trying to do new human characters are trying to force users to buy their own clothing packs later on, which doesn´t work so well because it is hard to get people invested in your human character models until they know all their clothing requirements are ready..

JBR-games likes this.
  38. Enoch

Enoch

Any chance we can see a WIP for the upcoming imp?

infinitypbr likes this.
  39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You'll soon see the entire imp :)

40. dienat

dienat

The weapons and armor pack does have body armor, metallic and leather? i just see helm and shield

The animations of your creatures are mecanim ready ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  41. tchris

tchris

Yes all of the animations will work in mecanim. They all even have a mecanim animation controller that you can use in your project.

infinitypbr likes this.
  42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Imp will be released tonight or tomorrow. Horns, Tail & Wings can be turned off, and there are 4 body textures along with 2 textures for the tail/wings/horns. A variety of pre-exported textures are included, but of course everything is customizable. Blend shapes forthcoming at a later date, along with sound effects for the animations, music & concept art.

For those who are watching along closely, the animations do *not* work with the Gargoyle. We tried, but the result was very very poor and there were many concessions that would have had to be made it seemed. It's a generic rig as of now. I'd still love the gargoyle animations to work with the Imp and vice versa, but that's not on the roadmap for the immediate future.

There will be a "Hell Creatures Pack #1" as well, featuring the Demons, Devils & a "Succubus" character that we haven't begun work on yet. The price will be 30% off the total price of all four characters, but it will still be less than buying the first three individually. For those who already have both the Demons & Devils, you'll be able to upgrade to the pack by paying the difference at http://www.InfinityPBR.com (difference between what you paid and the total price). This may not be available on the Asset Store due to file size restrictions.

Subscribers will still get the very best deal, with all characters being just $25 each. (And, hint, if you subscribe now, you'll get the Imp too -- and there's also an upgrade to the subscription that'll let you choose an already-released package for just $25 each time a new pack is released).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  43. Acissathar

Acissathar

Speaking of Subscriptions, I went and clicked the check box on my profile page and received an email that I signed up. Where do I go to change / check the card number for it? I'm not seeing anything other than being able to change my password or uncheck the boxes, but I am usually blind.

infinitypbr likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Currently I don't think I have that feature. I should add it. If your card is expired etc, you'll be declined but will be able to add a new card.

45. Sovogal

Sovogal

They look great. The T Pose didn't do them justice. Can I make a special blend shapes request for mouth width and belly size?

infinitypbr likes this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Of course! Belly size is a staple now :) For the mouth, I'm attempting to get as detailed as possible for the faces, so I can't guarantee any one specific thing, but in general, width will be included. One caveat is that too much morphing will make the animations look silly. Since the mouth is animated, we have to work within that.

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here is a very easy WIP of the Half-Orc bodies. My vision for Orcs are more dark red skin, so the half orc will be a slightly lighter, saturated reddish-brown skin. Of course it'll be customizable so you can make it green or blue or whatever color you want.

Clothing / Armor will take longer to make. Not seen here are the fangs

48. Acissathar

Acissathar

It's more so I can't remember if I saved my card when I bought something last time, and if so, which card it was.

infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I am probably dig deeper into the stripe API and call up records. I've got on my list an update for the site to show dates etc of purchases and registrations. I'll look into adding data from their records in the same table

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr