Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

That's what is weird, given best I can see they are both using the exact same material on both models.

Eldaas likes this.
  2. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I'm actually trying to use the Human characters with the Crafter animations from Explosive and having issues with the face, well the mouth specifically, but I don't know yet if the issue is with the models or the animations. The mouths are all left wide open in a very silly look. Tried it with the free RPG animations from Explosive and same problem.

3. Eldaas

Eldaas

I've just had a look at mine and can confirm I'm getting the exact same problem. The shaders/materials/textures all appear exactly the same on both male and female models. I'm using built-in RP on 2019.4.15f1 (LTS). Investigating at the moment and will let you know if I figure it out @jwvanderbeck

4. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Yeah, that is weird! But you can check exactly rather than comparing them side-by-side. On the skinned mesh renderer, open the "materials" section and you'll get a list of asset references. Click on a material to ping it in the Project tab.

If the two models are using the same material for both eyes and eye reflections, then that's not the issue afterall. But that should be what you check first.

5. Eldaas

Eldaas

This was the first thing I checked. They're using the exact same materials. What's even weirder is that the eyes render just fine in prefab edit mode, but not in scene or game view. I'm absolutely boggled.

6. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I had already done that. The screenshot was for your reference.

7. Eldaas

Eldaas

Works fine in the demo scene, despite using the exact same prefab... o_O Starting to think this is Unity being wonky.

8. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I don't see that. Have you customized your prefab editing environment in some way? That might be a clue. From what I see with the default prefab environment, the eyes are still black.

9. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

It is a lighting issue. Not sure of the specifics but I have recreated the problem in a simple scene and if the character's face is lit the eyes go black, if the character's face is in shadow the eyes work.

EDIT: When I say it is a lighting issue I only mean the issue appears based on lighting, but the "bug" is probably in the shader or material at a guess.

Would be great to get the author's input.

Eldaas likes this.
  10. Eldaas

Eldaas

You're right! How bizarre.

11. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

It is almost like the lighting on the eyes is working opposite of what it should. The way it works right now, besides being buggy, makes the eyes seem rather creepy and paranormal when in the dark.

12. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

I haven't seen it that bad, but the eyes have always looked just a little bit off to me. I solved it by replacing the Infinity PBR eye material with Eye Advanced.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/eye-advanced-30762

If you have a bit of a budget, it's well worth picking up. It's even currently 50% off due to the New Year's sale.

Eldaas likes this.
  13. Eldaas

Eldaas

Thanks heaps for the suggestion. The $17.50 is well worth my sanity at this point. :cool:

MasonWheeler likes this.
  14. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Can you confirm those other eyes fix the issue?

15. Eldaas

Eldaas

Worked a charm! Not sure how blendshapes might be affected, but either way it's better than having black eyes.

jwvanderbeck likes this.
  16. Eldaas

Eldaas

Just a quick warning @jwvanderbeck. I used the asset pack by deleting the eye objects that existed and replacing them with the prefabs from the asset pack. This has caused something super funky to happen with the models and I've got myself tied up in a complete mess trying to resolve the problem. Would strongly recommend just replacing the materials for the eyes rather than the eyes themselves. Hopefully you're having better luck than I am!

MasonWheeler likes this.
  17. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Yeah I just replaced the materials. Had to replace both the eye and eye reflection materials but so far it seems to be working fine. I don't get the LODs that way but I don't need them anyway.

18. Eldaas

Eldaas

Glad you haven't fallen into the same trap as I have then. I don't know why I did it the way I did when it was so simple just to replace the materials. I'm going to blame the fact it's 2.30am. :rolleyes:

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Try adding a reflection probe to the scene -- that seems to fix it. I'm not sure why this is happening. Like you, it seems that they're identical, but it only happens on the male.

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We're looking at marvelous Designer for this purpose. But yes, any wardrobe for a rigged human isn't the easiest -- and since Unity doesn't have a "Standard human" that artists can use and trust most people will use, those who would make killer wardrobe just don't.

MasonWheeler likes this.
  21. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Just taking a wild guess here, but is it possible that on the male, the normals are flipped for the relevant piece of the mesh?

JBR-games and Eldaas like this.
  22. Eldaas

Eldaas

What did you replace the eye reflection material with? I'm finding I still get the black eye problem, regardless of what material I put in there. Adding the reflection probe like @infinitypbr suggested didn't do anything for me either. Just reflects blue and is glazed over. :/

23. Eldaas

Eldaas

Figured out a workaround to the entire problem for the time being. Putting the "main" eye texture in element 4 (so replacing the eye reflection material) gets rid of the black eye problem. The Eye Advanced asset handles reflections itself, so the reflection layer isn't ultimately needed. PHEW!

24. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Yeah exactly. Sorry I wasn't more clear. To be clear, I replaced the eye reflection material with the actual eye material from Eye Advanced. The one eye material handles both the actual eye and the reflection.

Eldaas likes this.
  25. rhall4

rhall4

The armors are nice. Are there any plans to add additional clothing, robes, dresses etc.?

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We would like to, yes. We're exploring Marvelous Designer for this.

27. Kozaki2

Kozaki2

Hi, I miss some materials on particles. Here is screenshot from particles demo scene. I also have a problem with elf and half-orc wardrobe. When I enable it on prefabs is looks like on screenshots

Attached Files:

28. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

For the particles, it looks like you're using URP (or HDRP) and haven't converted the materials.

With the elf and half-orc wardrobes, the materials are missing on purpose. They're in the respective character assets. The idea is that if you buy characters for multiple races, they'll be able to wear each other's clothes... but you do have to buy both in order to use them.

infinitypbr likes this.
  29. Kozaki2

Kozaki2

Okay, thanks for answear. I have one more problem. Animation with weapon looks a little bit weird. On demo scene I enabled dagger and it is always pointed up. With a long weapon like sword it look really weird

Attached Files:

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

31. PoshDan

PoshDan

Which modeling app should I use to make changes to the character models?

I need to create low poly versions for my browser-game to use with Three.js. (i have unity webGL alongside, but this is a special case that needs its own low-def models)
    I normally use blender but upon importing the FBX file, the animations collapse into one gigantic clip. Exporting it again (without changes) will lose a lot of data (from 80mb to 28), so it made me think blender isn't right for this (i tried v2.29).

Any suggestions?

32. greatowq01

greatowq01

The human character from your package runs in a weird way. Please look at the following gif clips.These two characters run with the same animation clip, the orange guy looks normal, but the one from your package "Humans Character Pack" just looks like a guy with bow legs!!

How can I fix it ?

Normal.gif
    The Normal One

bow legs.gif
    The werid one

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  33. Volchok

Volchok

Hi!

I liked two of your models.

Goblin Character
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/creatures/goblin-character-166272#description

Fish Man Monster Character
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/creatures/fish-man-monster-character-155237

Perhaps I can implement them into my Unity game. But I'm worried about a few questions. I wrote you an email about a month ago and you didn't reply.

1. How can I add my animations for these models, because your animation set for my tasks is not total. For example, I need some animations: rolling, magic action, and so on.

2. Can I use your models in the standard Unity renderer (not URP/HDRP)?

3. What is the Rig type of this models in Unity? Humanoid?

Thanks!

Duffer123 likes this.
  34. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Volchok likes this.
  35. Volchok

Volchok

I tried to register there - I am not allowed by invitation. Very strange. I wrote to them on this mail: contact@infinitypbr.com. Why then specify the mail? o_O Buy, and then ask... :D But I think most likely my email got into the Spam folder.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  36. Volchok

Volchok

I hardly registered through the mobile app. Used phone and email: displayobject@mail.ru
    At first I was allowed on the site, but then when I clicked on the link Discord provided on the asset seller's page
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/creatures/goblin-character-166272
    ➡️ Discord | Unity Forum
    I was blocked as spam and no longer allowed in. What is this? Is it some kind of mockery? How could I connect with the author of the asset if he does not respond by mail, and I am not allowed on the site discord.com for some idiotic reasons? Does no one need money anymore? Or is it difficult to answer 3 questions to a person by mail?

I'm shocked by all this. :eek:

37. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

Dungeon 2: Things I would like to see.

-Walls that match the other floors
    -Floor and wall variations(Like broken tiles)

StevenPicard likes this.
  38. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

The Discord block might have been an automatic thing from Discord itself. There is a LOT of spam going around at the moment on all kinds of servers. Sorry you can't get the help you need. I'll post in Discord and ask them if they have time to check out here and see if they can help you.

Volchok likes this.
  39. Volchok

Volchok

Ok. Thank you!

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Sorry, the email did totally fall through the cracks, looks like i need to unsubscribe to all the junk emails, and I apologize I don't really check the forums anymore. Replied to the email. I'm unsure on Discord, and how that works.

Volchok likes this.
  41. Volchok

Volchok

Thanks for the answer! I'll try to register with you again later. :):):)

42. aggaton

aggaton

@infinitypbr Hi, I bought the Medieval Village Environment asset, I imported all the various packages that was specified had been used for the demo (I happened to have most of them), however I get an error saying that there are missing prefabs references. There seem to be a ton of nested objects in the hierachy, which makes these really hard to find. I did run a script I found to run through the directories and read through prefabs and it found these prefabs with missing references, not sure if these are the same unity thinks are missing. Seems to be related to some candels maybe? Are there any packages misisng in your list? Please advise.

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Lighting and Candles/CandleSmall with Flame Variant.prefab has missing prefab CandleFlame (Missing Prefab with guid: 70da14d8e41764a0680248ad75fea13a)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    MissingPrefabDetector:FindMissingPrefabInGO (UnityEngine.GameObject,string,bool) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/MissingPrefabDetector.cs:51)
    MissingPrefabDetector:FindMissingPrefabInGO (UnityEngine.GameObject,string,bool) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/MissingPrefabDetector.cs:86)
    MissingPrefabDetector:Init () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/MissingPrefabDetector.cs:32)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/_Building Interiors/Basic Building 1 - 6/Basic Building 1 Interior 3.prefab has missing prefab MedVil_Bucket (Missing Prefab with guid: 22643b15761e4407faab50438a759ee2)
    MissingPrefabDetector:FindMissingPrefabInGO (UnityEngine.GameObject,string,bool) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/MissingPrefabDetector.cs:51)
    MissingPrefabDetector:FindMissingPrefabInGO (UnityEngine.GameObject,string,bool) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/MissingPrefabDetector.cs:86)
    MissingPrefabDetector:Init () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/MissingPrefabDetector.cs:32)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/_Building Interiors/Basic Building 1 - 6/Basic Building 6 Interior 2 - A.prefab has missing prefab MedVil_Bucket (Missing Prefab with guid: 22643b15761e4407faab50438a759ee2)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2a.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2a.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (1) (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2a.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (2) (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2a.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (3) (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Lighting and Candles/CandleLarge with Flame Variant.prefab has missing prefab CandleFlame (Missing Prefab with guid: 70da14d8e41764a0680248ad75fea13a)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2b.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2b.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (1) (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2b.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (2) (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Buiding Parts/Ramparts2b.prefab has missing prefab Ramparts1c (3) (Missing Prefab with guid: 13efcf87db3e14c77b9e9408ffe68f2e)

Assets/InfinityPBR/Medieval Environment Pack/_Prefabs/Lighting and Candles/CandleMedium with Flame Variant.prefab has missing prefab CandleFlame (Missing Prefab with guid: 70da14d8e41764a0680248ad75fea13a)

43. aggaton

aggaton

Looks like the script is right, I was able to dig out one of the missing prefabs in the scene upload_2021-12-31_20-24-58.png

44. Victoralm

Victoralm

45. Antonidiuss

Antonidiuss