Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What's a Charkram? And how does one use a warglaive? I've not played either game :) The chakram link didn't work.

UPDATE:
    Working on something pretty cool for the Dungeon+ Pack and an upcoming "Rocks & Boulders" pack...

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll add to that GIF a video, showing 3 layers...

3. Acissathar

Acissathar

Here are some better links. Warglaives are basically held like a sword and used as such, but they look cooler. Chakrams are just disks with blades on them that (in Reckoning) you throw them at enemies. I think someone in a Soul Calibur used them too, but they held onto them the whole time.

Apparently Reckoning has something similar to Warglaives called Faeblades, so this video shows off both :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  4. tchris

tchris

That looks really nice but what tool are you using to do that?

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This tool (free!) from Jason Booth: https://github.com/slipster216/VertexPaint

However, I'm making my own shader in order to better work with my workflow and deal with Opacity (for windows, etc) at some point.

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Potential Update:

The Demon animations may be finished. I need to check them, but if they are finished, then I'll be packing this one for release this weekend. I've asked for an update on the Weeper, since i had fully expected that to be done by now.

7. R1PFake

R1PFake

maxroszell and infinitypbr like this.
  8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Looks like I'll need a character to hold the swords like that so there can be some animations as well! I try to make each humanoid have different animations so that all the weapons will have representation. The Anubis, which may start animation soon, will have his staff so his attacks are all staff based, and can be re targeted (mostly...the head is different) to other humans.

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Anubis is Currently Being Animated.

Oh man, I'm working on packaging up the Demons, along with a custom (simple) shader that pulses the emissive value (with sliders for speed & power). And guess what gets submitted? The Weeper.

So now there are TWO characters ready for packaging. The Weeper will likely be 2nd. It already had blend shapes, but I think I want to try out some custom shader ideas, see if I can't make it look even more cool than it already does. That'll take a bit.

But:

Demons is Being Packaged for Release
    Weeper is Being Packaged for Release

10. R1PFake

R1PFake

Do you have any screenshots for the demons?

infinitypbr likes this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Better previews! (I feel like pointing out the "jumping" one is misleading -- there's no animation where he jumps that high. maybe I'll add one. But he's a "crouching" character, and he does have a jump attack, so the crouching animations often look like he's looking up, when still, and the jump just looked really cool to put those together.)

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

• Demons Pack PBR is now live. Currently available exclusively at https://www.infinitypbr.com/#demon while we wait for Asset Store approval.

[If you had joined the "Subscription" option at InfinityPBR.com, you'd have gotten this character already for just $25, a 50% discount! Sign up now to get all future characters for just $25 each. Plus, once the package is approved by the asset store, you can get a voucher for the store if you want to also write a review! It's the best of both worlds! :D ]

• Anubis is Currently Being Animated

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Medusa is now In Line for Texture Customization. I think this'll be a killer character. She comes with legs and a tail, so you can have a serpent-like medusa or a human-like one. Animations will be awesome. She'll come with a weapon, and two clothing options: Armor and Cloth. Her face is somewhat attractive, but will be able to morph into a Scary face.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* We've begun work on "Caves+ Pack PBR". The main feature which sets this apart from other caves will be a practically seamless, customizable texture system. The previews below are not high quality -- I don't think I even turned off the skybox lighting. But it's seamless, and massively customizable. The images below were achieved just by changing a couple values, and there are literally thousands of different looks you can achieve.

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Weapons & Armor Pack #2 is being modeled

16. R1PFake

R1PFake

Can you add hand/claw weapon, for example like in ninja gaiden games? :D

justtime likes this.
  17. antoripa

antoripa

I did not get ..can you check if my profile is fine ?

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

can you post a screenshot so I can check it out?

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't think there were any declines for that one -- can you confirm that you're an active subscriber? (The "profile" page will let you turn it on / off)

20. R1PFake

R1PFake

21. antoripa

antoripa

Yes .. I am .. just double checked

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Medusa will have a two-handed sword. There will be at least 3 default textures for it, each of which can be customized. One of which is here...

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Preview (this is the first, still working out some things, making sure the modeler understands how i want him to set up the blend shapes...)

Blend shapes -- so that the blade can be modified tremendously. Size, shape, sharpness, thickness etc. Coupled with the ability to slide between the "New" look and "Old" look, to get the perfect look.

And this time, I'm better at texturing than I was a year ago.

What do you think?

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Weeper is Almost Ready for Release
    Sign up for the "Subscription" at http://www.InfinityPBR.com and get this and all future characters for just $25!

25. antoripa

antoripa

Awesome ...

26. Acissathar

Acissathar

I think it looks great!

infinitypbr likes this.
  27. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

Jus to clarify for an ole gezzer thats thick as two short planks, I have the PBR Monster 3 Pack

What will I need to buy on to end up with Devils,Demons and Weepers to complete a pack of nice nasties?

BTW I don't see an option on our Profiles at Infinity to see what we registered if we want to double check what we have done and have maybe not

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

On InfinityPBR.com (when logged in), the "Add To Cart" link won't be there for anything you've registered already, and the "Downloads" link will not say "Buy Now or Register an Asset Store Purchase to Download Instantly"

In theory, since Weeper is part of PBR Monster Pack #3, as soon as you log in it should (provided that the pack has been registered) automatically register Weeper, and you'll be able to download it using the "Download" link in the left menu of that character.

If for some reason none of that happens, let me know :D

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* We're starting to record Medieval Weapons Customizable Battle Sounds a stand-alone package that will feature many individual sound components and a tool to combine them into solo audio clips, so that you can create your own Battle Sounds unique to your game, mood & characters.

31. R1PFake

R1PFake

Will this also include sounds for spells?

infinitypbr likes this.
  32. justtime

justtime

Good news!!!

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not at the start....but maybe!

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Work In Progress: Elves

Elves and Humans are very similar. In everything I've seen (or most everything), and that creates an interesting problem. Why isn't an elf just a human with pointy ears?

I have no answer for you. But, we're working on elves, and ours do have pointy ears. Otherwise they're generally skinnier than their human counterparts.

We're trying some new things with this one though, and I hope you end up liking it and getting the pack when it's available.

Face Changes with Mesh Morphing
    For the Human we had three heads. That's fine, but it's not as "infinite" as possible. Mesh Morphing might (and I'm not yet sure, really) provide enough variation to create many, many different faces. We're testing this with the Devil, actually, currently being Blend-Shapified.

The idea is that the face will have many, many small blend shapes, each one tweaking it just a bit. Nose bridge width, height, depth, nose tip size, bulbousness, depth etc. Maybe one for a "bridge bump" on the nose. With enough small changes, perhaps the end result could be a lot of different faces. That would make life easier for me: Only one face to model, and yet you can have an unlimited number of variation.

Clothing
    You may recognize the loin cloth from the human. That's because the human clothing should work on the Elf. We'll be re-modeling the shape of the clothing to match the Elf bodies, but the goal is that the Human clothes can be worn by the elf, and eventually elf clothing could be worn by the Human. I'd like to have Dwarves & "Half-Orc" characters as well, and if things go as planned, their clothing will also be universal between the races.

So we'll see how it goes.

35. Acissathar

Acissathar

Quick question, do the animations in your packs for the monsters and such use Root Motion and Mecanim?

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, absolutely

37. Acissathar

Acissathar

I thought so, but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the quick response!

infinitypbr likes this.
  38. gserpen

gserpen

I have a similar question. I am interested in the barbarian pack but root motion is not an option for me as I may have up to 100 active characters in game so I will disable off-screen animations. Do you also include "in-place" animations for walking, running, forward jumping, etc along with the root motion variations ?

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There is a button on the animator that allows you to disable root motion, would that work?

40. gserpen

gserpen

Disabling that option would not work by itself because the character would snap back to it's local origin at the end of each clip. Disabling root motion in the options allows character movement to be under script control (which is what I need) but the characters have to animate in-place as well for proper transitions and for the game object position to be in sync with the character's position.

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I made a video since I was working on a walk animation at the time I read this!

42. gserpen

gserpen

Sorry my bad. Since I never use root motion I thought you would have to go to your animation package and remove all the translational movement then re-export. I didn't realize Unity could do that for you automatically.

infinitypbr likes this.
  43. R1PFake

R1PFake

Do you have any news on the spider pack? :D

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I can tell you it looks really pretty :)

They're being animated. I'm working w/ a new animator on it, and I think they'll come out great. However, it's taking more time as I go through and make sure that every single animation is perfect, down to details that maybe no one will ever see.

So I'm confident it'll be great when it's ready, but maybe will take longer than usual.

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update: We made some progress on face animations. Like, for talking etc. I'm hopeful that this will make it's way into most packages.

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Updates:

Unite is over, twas fun. Things that came in during it which I need to go through tomorrow (things I can talk about at this point...as there were other things that came in from artists which I'm not yet talking about)....

* Anubis may be ready to be packaged for release
    * Dragons will get concept art
    * Devils will get Music
    * Elves may be pre-released soon with the human clothing (so it'd require the human package for now)

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Of the many things on the plate right now, is the upcoming "Mesh Morphing" update for the Devils. This was a bit of a test for me -- I wanted to see how extreme we could go with small morphs. Could we get a bunch of faces out of just one? (Of course all three faces are morphable)

The goal is to see if one humanoid face would work for any number of end-result faces. It's far simpler to have one face/head than 3, so I wanted to see what happens when we go pretty extreme with the blend shapes.

The one on the left is mostly default. The other two are extremes in many of the cases.

What do you think??

devilFaceShapes.jpg

48. Xepherys

Xepherys

Definitely on the right track. I like it, though I would be interested, possibly, in multiple heads with different core shapes that could each be morphed - at least as a long-term goal. This does definitely add some immediate value, though.

I'm also curious if you could maybe add the ability to download "changes" to packages. I definitely get why you limit to 8 downloads (I know you're willing to reset if needed) for bandwidth. But then downloading, and redownloading becuase of music, and then again because of art, and then again because of mesh morphing. I mean, I don't mind - easy peasy to download again, unzip, and reimport. But it's going to eventually wreck havoc on your bandwidth usage. :)

Maybe at least make some of them separate - the music and concept art and stuff?

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I try to create individual "update" downloads when possible. For concept art, I do that as it's just a new .zip file added to the file structure. For music, it changes the demo scene, audio changes the models (for animation events) etc, so those are a full "update".

I had spoken with both the Asset Store team and the Collaborate team on the potential update of the entire Asset Store download system to be more of a "Collaborate" type system than it is today. They're quite aware that it doesn't make sense to have a bunch of users re-download a 2GB file just to update a single line of a single script. It would be far more appealing to have a download/update system that was more specific.

It would also be great if I could have multiple files per package. Some people don't want to do any texture customization. If that's the case, they shouldn't have to download the .sbsar files and the scene for it. When people do now, it often creates support requests as they get confused about what's going on, with the solution being "don't install those files".

Part of the reasons I started selling on my own site was because I had to have a download section for "Bonus" downloads. Bonus only because there is a limit to the file size on the asset store. One file, 4GB limit. And really, 2GB is where it starts being frowned upon. Since I can't add more stuff, I had to have "bonus" downloads. Since I had downloads, I started adding full packs for updates. Since I had full packs, it made sense just to sell them directly.

So I don't have any inside info, only that the Asset Store team is aware that they can improve this, and the Collaborate team is aware that what they're doing could be -- modified -- a great solution to the problem. I hear there is a lot of back-end updates happening which may make new features/improvements possible and easy.

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update!

* Imp Pack PBR is now waiting to be textured. It wasn't announced before because it was a test of a new modeler.
    * Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack PBR now has full audio for all the animations! (Update is currently only available at infinityPBR.com as the asset store needs to approve it first)
    * Anubis Pack PBR will be released within 1-3 days most likely!

Get Anubis Pack PBR for just $25 when you sign up for the "Subscription" option. You're only charged when a package is ready for download and just $25 per pack, regardless of what the regular price is!