Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I wasn't actually able to reproduce this. I was using 2019.4.2. I'll try again later in that specific version just in case that's the issue.

2. Keywise

Keywise

Upgraded to 2019.4.14f. Getting same error.

CharacterEquipBug-14f1.png

CharacterEquipBug-details.png

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. mc_raidin

mc_raidin

Hello, I bought assets off of humblebundle. I was following along the tutorial to add the armor pack, but I'm also getting the same error like Keywise, though I'm running unity 2019.4.13f1.

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ok! Problem solved. Somehow, between when I write the fix and when the same script made its way into the main pack, a "!" was added to the new line. After I realized that the "!" was causing the problem, I had a look at the script in other projects and sure enough, the update on the 23rd doesn't have it, but the 25th, when the script was uploaded, does.

Updated script is attached. Thanks for your help everyone!

Attached Files:

MasonWheeler and mc_raidin like this.
  7. Keywise

Keywise

Excellent, it fits! Thank you for finding the solution and posting it quickly.

armor-fits.png

infinitypbr likes this.
  8. musap_

musap_

I imported the asset in a URP empty project. I don't know why this happens.

Screenshot 2020-11-07 072116.jpg

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi -- did you write on the Discord?

This is usually caused by the "bone" section of the quality settings.

AdrBiePL and musap_ like this.
  10. dmenefee

dmenefee

That was me on Discord; your suggestion worked perfectly.

MusapKharaman: Go to project settings -> quality and look for skin weights. Set to 4 and this should go away.

musap_ likes this.
  11. DGordon

DGordon

Hello,

Any plans on making a caster armor pack that will eventually be skinned to the humans? Given we can change the textures using substance painter, that would really open up a lot of possibilities if the entire range of standard class gear was able to be swapped in and out!

MasonWheeler likes this.
  12. Talrhyon

Talrhyon

13. DerDicke

DerDicke

I bought a lot of your great artwork on Humble Bundle and thinking about using them in my RPG project. My question:
    Is there any help with Lip Sync? I will probably use LipSync Pro. Is it possible to set up your Human Characters (or any others) with this package?

Also do you plan to create a package to ease this task? What I mean is a fully configured Phoneme file directly usable in LipSync Pro, maybe even some ready- to- go Emotions?

Thanks.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! What do you mean by "caster armor"?

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! You can remove the script mentioned, it's not required for the asset.

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We tested this with the human -- I think the human female may still have our tests attached?
    At the time, we were looking at some test project Unity had. Not sure where that ended up ,but it wasn't the best outcome, things were way exaggerated, so a smile looked super creepy.

17. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

In the context of games, generally this means robes or similar.

@DGordon The tricky part about it is that armor is rigid, while robes are flowy cloth, and cloth has been horribly broken in Unity for a couple years now. They revamped the physics engine and cloth became a major casualty. AFAIK it's still not working in the latest releases.

18. TrueBeast

TrueBeast

Would you be able to make a tutorial showing how to implement the dragon in a game

19. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Define "implement"?

Drag "Dragon DEMO (v5).prefab" into a scene and you've got a rigged, animated, textured dragon ready to go, with built-in fire breath and sound effects.

Things it doesn't come with:
    • Colliders. I'd recommend Rascal to solve this.
    • A movement controller. If you just want to run around on the ground, use a NavMeshAgent. (Make sure to get NavMeshComponents, because the dragon is pretty big around and you'll want a second agent type for a creature that size.) If you want to fly and pilot the dragon, Animal Controller from MalberS is worth looking into. But it's not compatible with the pre-built animator that comes with the dragon, so you'll need to do some work to get everything to integrate properly.
    • Dragon riding code. The dragon animator has some built-in animations for dragon riders, but there's a lot of code that's sorely needed for making mounting, dismounting, and parenting work correctly that's just not there. Again, I'd turn to MalberS for this. Their Horse Animset Pro riding system is quite good, and it's built on top of Animal Controller (included as part of the purchase). Again, it will take a bunch of work to adapt the dragon to work with it, but if you can get it working it's very nice.

20. kwikman

kwikman

Hello

First i would like to say that i like your products. They work as expected.

Now, for the question i have (ain't there always a question involved:) :
    - I have successfully integrated the humans atavism files using atavism tool-chain 10.1.0.
    - I have tried in a clean, and in a updated from 10.1.0 to 10.2.0 ( and upto 10.3) according to atavism wiki for inifity, integrated in the same manor the same human atavism files.
    - The problem is that is says ( when running and trying to access/login for example MainWorld) in the Unity console something about missing index.

Is there coming an update for 10.2.x and 10.3.x for those atavism files? Hopefully the description is enough, otherwise i have to redo it. ( Deleted the new project...)

Best regards.
    Kaj

21. DerDicke

DerDicke

I'm playing around to give the characters in your 'human' package a bit of life. I already implemented eye blinking and researching LookAt right now.
    Unity supports LookAt by IK if the rig has eye bones. Your characters have transforms for eye bones, but your rig (Avatar) does not. Can you provide a matching rig for download?

Thanks.

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! I'm not familiar with Atavism setup myself. On the discord ( Join the Discord ) there is an Atavism channel you can use :)

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

let me look into this

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Medieval Village environment close to being released.
    Screenshot_502.jpg

JBR-games, tchris and MasonWheeler like this.
  25. kwikman

kwikman

Hello

I'm referring to the atavism files that are part of your Humans and the Dragon pack. Are they not they part of your product, ie maid by your organisation? Or are they maid by some other? Ie so that i can ask what sql part that has changed.

One way for me would of course be to compare the database for Atavism 10.1 and 10.3 but i thought that maybe you have already sorted that out :)

Best regards
    Kaj

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They're made by the Atavism folks, for use with my stuff.

27. kwikman

kwikman

Hello

I'm referring to the atavism files that are part of your Humans and the Dragon pack. Are they not they part of your product, ie maid by your organisation? Or are they maid by some other? Ie so that i can ask what sql part that has changed.

One way for me would of course be to compare the database for Atavism 10.1 and 10.3 but i thought that maybe you have already sorted that out :)

Best regards

Edited: O, i see, it's your's discord with atavism channel, not atavism's. I check it out.
    Edit 2: Sorry for the duplication of the question! I was pressing the wrong button!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  28. DerDicke

DerDicke

Sorry, my fault. Eyes- IK works with your model. My changes to transform hierarchy caused my problems.

infinitypbr likes this.
  29. kwikman

kwikman

Aha, ok, i will try to ask them then to update the files. Thanx for the fast answer, great customer support!
    By the way, i'm more then happy with you products. Your upcoming Medieval Village looks promising. And then maybe some peasants etc to populate the village with :)

Best regards and happy Christmas to all
    Kaj

Edit: Well i misspelled some words, corrected them.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    infinitypbr likes this.
  30. Marquessa

Marquessa

Can I pull the human figures into Marvelous Designer to make my own clothing for them?
    Thank you

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes!

32. DerDicke

DerDicke

Had my 15 rounds with the human character (girl) and just wanne give some (hopefully useful) feedback.

I couldn't get anything useful out of the SFB_BlendShapesManager and the SFB_AudioManager, so i removed them from the model. No problems.

I found the 'vanilla' customization by blendshapes in the SkinnedMeshRenderer much more helpful. But what I really would have liked instead of the BlendshapeManager is not randomness, but:

1.) Templates for characters, e.g.: slim, fat, normal, strong. Preferably not as TextAssets (hard to find because of internal Unity reasons), but as Scriptable Objects (much easier to find because it is your specific type).

2.) 'Meta Sliders', e.g sliders moving other sliders. Think slider 'Fatness' between slim (0) and fat (100). Maybe this might help:

I would have very much appreciated some ready-to-go facial animation included in the package.
    Animations playing on an additional 'Face' Layer, with a head only LayerMask attached to it. These animations would be done using your sea of blendshapes.
    Maybe a 'Normal' animation with blinking eyes, 'Angry' and 'Talking' and so on. Started by setting a trigger on the Animator. This would really offset your Human package from the others. A nice tutorial video would round it up.

Anyways, package contains lots of useful stuff, but requires a ton of research and work to be useful. This could be improved by providing more out-of-the-box functionality instead of useless randomization features. Just my 2 cents.

MasonWheeler likes this.
  33. greatowq01

greatowq01

Hi,
    Do your humanoid-character packages work well with Mega Animations Pack by Kevin or RPG Character Mecanim Animation Pack by Explosive?

34. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Anything rigged with a Humanoid rig should be able to use Humanoid animations correctly.

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Have a look at this video :)

36. Eldaas

Eldaas

Really love these packs and the hard work that goes into them. I've bought a few of them over the last couple of days and the quality is A++. The extra texture options are nothing short of amazing and have really helped me flesh out the number of sets available in my game. The only downside (and I've seen this mentioned by another user in this thread) is that there are no normal/plain clothing options for the characters (particularly humans at this point), which really does limit the use we can make of them in our games when we're building immersive RPGs, etc. In my case I'm working on a game involving heavy use of villager NPCs in a medieval fantasy 1st person RPG/kingdom builder, and I'm not quite sure it's going to make sense seeing farmers, blacksmiths and bakers wearing full armour sets or otherwise looking like barbarians. I've done the best I can and cobbled together a couple of sets which are borderline passable, but it's just not quite right and all the NPCs will still be looking very samey.

I appreciate you've said some time ago that there have been difficulties finding people to model these sets, but I would absolutely like to add my voice to the request for some normal plainsclothes sets (and maybe some profession clothes sets too) in the eventuality that you find a competent modeler to do this work. I would personally be prepared to pay more for these just to round out my game properly, as I'm sure many others would too, as I appreciate it's perhaps a little more niche than the armour packs you've currently got available.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to using these assets in my games for a long time to come. :D

infinitypbr and MasonWheeler like this.
  37. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

A big part of the problem is that, while you can get away with making armor rigid, cloth is supposed to look and move like... well... cloth. And Unity's cloth physics system has been badly broken ever since they switched physics engines.

38. Eldaas

Eldaas

Yeah... Unity has a way of breaking things and then looking the other way while they develop a bunch of other half-baked and soon-to-be-abandoned features. It's ironic that they probably make far more money from the asset store than they would if they actually developed the fleshed-out functionality themselves.

With that quandary in mind - and I'm no modeler, so I don't know if this would work at all and I'm really speaking from a position of near total ignorance - if this is what's holding him up, would it not be possible for the wizard behind InfinityPBR to work out a deal with the developer(s) behind popular cloth physics assets, such as Magica Cloth (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/magica-cloth-160144) or Obi Cloth (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/obi-cloth-81333), or otherwise just create static assets but extend the asset pack functionality to work with either (or both) of those assets if the cloth physics was absolutely necessary? I would happily fork out the extra $$ for either of those assets if they were required to get extra clothing options working as intended, especially if this is what's holding him back.

In lieu of that, we survived decades even in AAA titles without cloth physics (Skyrim, one of the most popular titles in the last decade, doesn't even have it, for example) and it's only really been a recent thing, so, while it's nice to have, I don't know that it's ultimately necessary or expected from indie artists and developers. It would be great just to have a few different static plainclothes options and maybe a few different footwear styles. Since posting above I've discovered there's a shirt & sleeves under the elf armour sets (which has been a massive plus), and that's what I'm really looking for more so than capes, cloaks, dresses, tabards, etcetc. I would be thrilled to have that physics-based clothing, so don't get me wrong, but that's definitely not what I expect from indie/freelance content creators.

39. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Just imported the Human pack into a Unity 2020.2.0f1 URP based project and meshes are all pink. I didn't see anything specific in the readme, and the store page says it supports URP so wondering what I missed?

40. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Orbi cloth is an amazing asset for cloth in Unity.

Eldaas likes this.
  41. Eldaas

Eldaas

Take a look here (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...ersal@10.2/manual/upgrading-your-shaders.html). URP (and HDRP) uses different shaders to the built-in render pipeline, so the project materials need to be converted to URP. :)

MasonWheeler likes this.
  42. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Ok I assumed given the asset said it supported URP that it came with shaders already built for it. I ran the upgrade process and that fixed most of the issues, though the hair shaders still don't work.

EDIT: Ok manually changing the hair material to use AV/URP/HAIR rather than AV/STANDARD/HAIR fixes that issue.

I guess the prefabs/demo scene just isn't setup right for URP. Little confusing but not a big deal. Something that should be documented though.

43. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

The shaders are there; they just can't be updated automatically by the updater. You need to find the hair material and change its shader to "AV/URP/Hair" and then the hair will be working fine.

Eldaas likes this.
  44. Eldaas

Eldaas

Yeah this is normal when you're dealing with URP/HDRP. You'll find you have to do this conversion process with pretty much every asset you buy off the store, unless the asset is only targeted at URP, in which case the asset author will have set the shader appropriately but the asset will be completely incompatible with the built-in and HDRP pipelines. You can go forwards (to URP/HDRP), but not backwards (to built-in pipeline), so that's why most authors create assets for the built-in pipeline, and then their users can port it forwards to whichever pipeline they're actually using. Assets requiring changes to the way the asset pack scripts work for the respective pipelines often also contain extra bundle packs nestled in the asset folder structure, so like little "patches" you need to apply so you can make the asset work with the pipeline you're using. Keep an eye out for those particularly with assets which do things. As always (and you already checked for this, so you're on the right track), a good content creator will often include a readme or documentation explaining how to do the conversion process. Hope that helps! :)

JBR-games likes this.
  45. greatowq01

greatowq01

Thanks for your video.

46. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Still having a bit of a problem with the eyes even after upgrading materials to URP. They are just all black. Very creepy :)

47. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

The other, less common way of dealing with this is to have a separate .unitypackage file inside your asset package, which overwrites standard RP materials and shaders with updated ones for the scriptable render pipelines. I've seen a few assets that do this.

JBR-games and Eldaas like this.
  48. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Can you share a screenshot of the character selected, so we can see the materials listed in the Inspector?

49. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Interestingly the female eyes work, the male ones don't.

50. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Have a look at the set of materials on the female then. Specifically, look at the eye and the eye reflection. See what's different.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that the male has an eye reflection material that should be transparent but is opaque. Check and see if that's the case.

Eldaas likes this.