Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

I can't wait to get my hands on this Goblin pack.

I've been waiting in anticipation for this one since I found out it was being worked on. :D

It loos absolutely stunning!

infinitypbr likes this.
  2. hertz-rat

hertz-rat

Came to ask how your various assets convert to HDRP / URP. With PBR, it usually isn't an issue but your packs seem to come with a lot of customization options so I wanted to check

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Should be no issues. I made this two years ago:

All I did was change the shader on the materials to the one that was supplied with Book of the Dead (so, any "standard" HDRP shader should do), and put in the maps. the "Mask Map" was just "Metal-AO-Height-Rough", and I think all of my characters have now been updated with a map that has Height in the B channel (not AO though, as they don't come with an AO map so nothing to put there).

The process would be the same for URP: Just change the materials and populate the fields with the right textures. However, Unity has the built-in updater for URP which should work. The only materials that can't be auto updated are the custom ones, which are rare for my stuff.

BackwoodsGaming and hertz-rat like this.
  4. hertz-rat

hertz-rat

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply!

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Elves should be ready soon! The update will make them work with the Human & Half-Orc wardrobe. It's been delivered, now I need to set it up. We may have to fix a few problems here and there, but once that's all done, it'll be ready for release! Work will now begin on rigging the Armor Pack 1!

BackwoodsGaming and JBR-games like this.
  6. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

I tried to attach a human character from the Humans pack to a third-person controller from standard assets, but its animation is done completely differently than what the controller expects. Do you have any controller that will work with them?

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't have any controller -- the demo scenes are only meant to control them just for the demo. they could be a good start for a controller, but generally controllers are set up per project as there are various things that may make one controller not work well for another etc.

Is there a specific thing about the controller you're using that makes them not work as expected?

8. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Check out the
    UpdateAnimator
    method on the
    ThirdPersonCharacter
    controller from Standard Assets. It tries to set anim variables such as "Forward", "Turn", "Crouch", "OnGround", "Jump," and "JumpLeg", which the InfinityPBR human anim controllers don't have. (Strangely, it doesn't have a normal jumping animation at all; only a running jump one.)

And yeah, building a controller per-project to customize it for the gameplay is definitely important, but being able to use what's already available standard makes for a very nice starting point.

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Does the standard assets come with animations for humans as well? Would those work on the character? I don't have crouching animations for the humans, and I don't know what "OnGround" and "JumpLeg" mean. Jump is also very subjective -- jump up, or forward, etc?

My guess is the Standard Assets controller is meant for a character included in the pack, and just to quickly start working on a level, rather than as a blueprint for characters to adhere to, if that makes sense?

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

11. psistalk

psistalk

The Goblin pack and the Human pack are two of the best packs on the Asset Store! Thank you

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

The description leads off with "Part of RPG Character Pack #2. Get more characters and Save!" But I can't find that pack anywhere...

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I hope it'll be approved shortly. The two packs were submitted at the same time, but only one was approved so far.

RPG Character Pack 2 will include Half-Orc, Elf, and Goblin packs.

MasonWheeler likes this.
  14. psistalk

psistalk

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

And its live now!

RPG Character Pack #2

JBR-games and MasonWheeler like this.
  16. tarik_ammari

tarik_ammari

I would Love to buy a Pack for Big bad-ass customize-able Lizards with different skins/sizes/colors... to represent for example Komodo Dragons, Gila Monster lizards, Mexican Beaded Lizards, iguanas.

Would you be interested in such a package ?:) attack options would be Venomous bites,Claw attacks, shed and regrow their tails, Shed skin

Attached Files:

17. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

The human package was recently updated with the Orc and Half-Elf wardrobes, but when I try to use them on a character, all elements of both wardrobes render in magenta because they're missing materials. Are these missing from the package, or did I mess something up?

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You’ll need the other packs in the project for the textures. Once in, they should auto link and magenta will turn to texture

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

thankd for the suggestion!

20. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

So the update simply sets things up to allow the human avatar to wear clothes from other wardrobes, but they don't become usable until you buy the original packs for those wardrobes, which have the materials in them?

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

correct. Each character needs to have the wardrobe modified to fit them: the original fit, the rigging and animating, and all the blend shapes for mesh morphing.

so the models in the human pack won’t work with the other characters, just like the “human” wardrobe in the half orc pack won’t actually work on the human as it’s a version that fits the half orc.

MasonWheeler likes this.
  22. mashianov

mashianov

Would be great to see real orc(not a half-orc) race package.
    Making a game inspired by lineage2, can't really find good enough orc male characters for sale that don't look like WOW orcs or look too dehumanized so that they can only be considered monsters.

infinitypbr likes this.
  23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Could you post a picture of what kind of look you're thinking of?

24. mashianov

mashianov

Character creation screen(~2006-ish)

Character in same engine(unreal 2.5) but ~2020-ish

Late game ~2013-ish:

infinitypbr likes this.
  25. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

@mashianov, what game is that?

Those mostly just look like ordinary (if ridiculously well-built) humans with their skin dyed green. Turn them to ordinary human flesh tones and there wouldn't be much in the way of evidence that they're orcs. (The first pic does make it look like they have pointy ears, but they could just be green elves then...) :p

26. mashianov

mashianov

This is Lineage2.
    Yep, they're very humanized. That's the point – all orc assets available on any stores are either too dehumanized/ugly. to be playable by people, or look like WoW orcs.

27. Acissathar

Acissathar

Why not make a duplicate of the human skin materials, adjust the model scale up so they’re bigger, and then modify the skin to the desired shade of green?

Since they don’t have tusks or any feature like that, I’m not sure what you’d be wanting to see for them?

MasonWheeler likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

yeah the half orca are the closest. Make them more muscular with the mesh morphing and maybe up the scale a bit?

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi all! Did you know that the Goblin pack just needs one more 5* review to show the 5* average on the page? If anyone is ready to write a review, that'd be a huge help :D

30. klarkitgames

klarkitgames

I am a little confused on how to save my prefabs. I bought the human character pack. Once it is loaded up and you make your adjustments with the sliders, how does one save the changes as a prefab? Do we use the exported presets and add the script to change them into what we did in the demo scene?

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Assuming you're working on a character in your project view, you can simply drag that into your hierarchy and save as a prefab variant. That's one method.

Another is to save the preset values using the Blend Shapes Manager script, and then load those when you'd need to in your game. The values are saved as .txt files. You'd have to do some coding, but there's a method on BlendShapesManager to LoadPreset() (something like that). Pass in the .txt file, and i'll load the values. The ones set to "random" will be randomized based on the current min/max values. This way you can have a specific value for some feature, no effect on others, and random effect on still more.

32. klarkitgames

klarkitgames

Great and thank you for the fast response.

infinitypbr likes this.
  33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Rigging has begun on these. Here is Armor 1 on the Human Female, using the shirt from the Elf pack wardrobe, pants/bracer/boots/skirt from the Human pack, and the Armor 1.

The rigging process includes making these all work with mesh morphing :)

HumanArmor1.gif

34. quarzwar

quarzwar

I literally cannot wait! :DDD

infinitypbr likes this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm super happy to be very shortly updating the Medieval Battle Sounds Library! This will likely be a "Major Upgrade", ie. v2.0, with a small upgrade fee. In essence, I'm adding an entirely new pack to it, which would otherwise be a stand-alone "Magic Sounds Library". However, the two packs work REALLY well together, since now you can make magical versions of all the physical sounds. It only makes sense to combine the two packs together.

With it, I'm redoing the Audio Clip Combiner, so that it uses Scriptable Objects to set up, manage, and export clips. The demo scene, screenshot below, calls a "Play Random" function on those objects, which can be used at run time. There's a lot of ways to use these sounds in your game -- playing individual clips, playing a bunch at once, playing a random bunch at once, exporting the combined clips and playing those, or now playing based on the scriptable objects.

I also will be looking to make a more "game like" demo, with models etc, so you can see it as well as hear it.

The screenshot below is only the weapons so far, with the magic added to them. Still need to add all the buttons for the magic spells themselves.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 10.04.06 PM.png

limpin_jezus, givizator and Crystabel like this.
  36. Todiloo

Todiloo

I'm curious, is it hard to expand on the existing animations. Can one use Mixamo animations on the humaniod characters? I am sort of missing, Sneaking, Pick up, cast spell and crawlning animations.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Any humanoid animation will work on the humanoids, though if the animation you're using didn't include facial animation, there may be an open-mouth issue. That's solvable with avatar masks, but it's something to keep in mind if you see that issue.

Todiloo likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Working on an idea. This is Monster Creature 2 modeled from the ground up to match the Synty Studios look and feel. My thought is that if this works with the animations we already have, perhaps it's a small investment to get my monsters converted. They do need to be re-modeled, but that's not so bad if we can use the same animations.

Synty Studios seems pretty popular, so maybe people would like to have killer customizable creatures with them.

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 11.14.36 PM.png

rughur likes this.
  39. JBR-games

JBR-games

is this part of your subcription program? by all means if you feel this would be profitable then make them, but im not interested in this art style.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No, it wouldn't be :)

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Lots being worked on.

Here's a plate from a lock picking set I"m working on. Think Skyrim. But a lot more visual options. Fully coded and ready to use in game. Basically two lock plates with three locks that fit in the hole, all with 7 texture variations, a lock pick set, and two padlocks -- one that opens w/ a key, one that is a 6 wheel combination lock, 5 variations for the padlock textures.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 9.55.54 PM.png

Also, low poly characters that fit the Synty Studio POLYGON world. They use the same animations as the high fidelity ones, but are modeled from scratch to fit the POLYGON style.

Acissathar and MasonWheeler like this.
  42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Preview of the lock picking set in action! More to do for the coding, but the main bones of the logic is there.

43. p_hergott

p_hergott

I was all excited with the packs, weapons and armor, human characters, and armor packs. To which i didnt understand how you got the custom armor to rig to the character. After a couple days on your site i learned that the armor doesnt at this point in time rig to the character... i love the concept and the quality you do. But, with that fine line, all 3 packs have become useless to me...

jonlundy likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! Correct -- however, that should be changing soon. Katy, the animator who is working on that aspect, has finished the humans with the new armor, and is now working on the Elves. She feels the elves & half-orcs will be much faster, as there is much that can be shared in the armor between the three. I don't have an ETA, but it shouldn't be much longer.

JBR-games likes this.
  45. jaytwist28

jaytwist28

Personally I would absolutely love low poly versions of your models!

infinitypbr likes this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

rughur likes this.
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hair updates coming soon! I've contracted with a shader artists to bring hair that works in Built-in, URP, and HDRP, with plenty of hair-centric options to customize the hair for YOUR project. Updates will be coming soon :) Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.14 PM.png

49. limpin_jezus

limpin_jezus

How soon?

MasonWheeler likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

just waiting for the Audio to be finished :)

limpin_jezus and JBR-games like this.