Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. givizator

givizator

Can we see some screenshots ? I'm curious to see what can be done as I've never used the substance painter so far !

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It hasn't been made yet :D

But here is my armor ideas board on pinterest, so you can see where I get the ideas from :D

EDIT: Totally didn't realize the question wasn't to me :D Sorry!!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    givizator likes this.
  3. Crystabel

Crystabel

Sure, i can share some of what we've been doing. I will get some screenshots this week of some of our armor textures. You will definitely want to learn substance painter. It doesn't take long and you will be able to make so many unique textures to your game. I followed along with his staff tutorial on this page: https://www.infinitypbr.com/?pack=weaponsAndArmorPack2 .

givizator and infinitypbr like this.
  4. givizator

givizator

Awesome thank you, I'm sure I'd be motivated to learn it as soon as I'd be looking at your screenshots :)

Ah ah no worries, thank you for sharing the pinterest link, I've been looking stuff on artstation but pinterest seems something I should explore too !

5. Crystabel

Crystabel

These are shots grabbed from Unity. For our game I want the player to be able to mix and match the armor pieces with still having the same look. So I have the armor setup in groups so that when i'm working on a texture I can reference what I've previously used as far as color scheme goes.
    A couple of things to notice- Armor 2 isn't included because it is bigger and more ornate so we're using it for legendary and epic style textured armor. Also, I have only done a few helmets so you'll see that many of the helmets don't match the chest armor (same with the bracers, i've only done one bracer) at this point.
    I've included pics of a variety of old worn armor textures and new, from our styles of leather, chain, scale, and plate. Oh, looks like i can do 5 files at a time :). Leather and chain/scale in this post.
    An old leather texture. Below it, i've just added some moss to the same set.
    ArmorOldBook.jpg
    A fine leather texture, and frog leather.
    ArmorFine&Frog.jpg
    Bronze Chainmail, and Icy Chain.
    ArmorProcChain&IceChain.jpg

Scales.
    ArmorCreatureScale.jpg

Closeup of a chainmail texture.
    ArmorChainCloseup.jpg

JBR-games, UrgeT, Acissathar and 2 others like this.
  6. Crystabel

Crystabel

Here are some more scalemail textures, and some plate.

Old, medium, and newer plate textures.
    ArmorBionicBone.jpg
    ArmorAFFBurnished.jpg ArmorSolarPanel.jpg
    Scalemail with just a single color layer changing it from green to purple.
    ArmorCreatureScaleGreenPurple.jpg
    A carapace style plate with a single color layer changing from natural to aqua. ArmorCarapace.jpg

7. Crystabel

Crystabel

ArmorAllSets.jpg The insane overview of all armors, lol.
    Oh, also. Because our game is isometric view and won't really have closeups, i've exported my textures at 512, not the 4k that they are given in the painter file. For the carapace armor, chest piece number 1 at 512 is 1.1mb. With almost 100 textures per armor piece (4 chest armors, 6 helmets, 2 bracers, 2 leg armors = 1400 folders....with more to come) I have to keep them as low as i can but still have nice looking stuff.

8. givizator

givizator

Wow that look awesome !
    That brings a lot of variety for sure.

How much hours did you put in to do all those textures ?

Andrew should make a pack with your textures and you guys should share the $$. I'd be a buyer right away :)

Now I'll look into that tutorial and do some testing, that looks so powerful !

Thanks for sharing :)

Crystabel likes this.
  9. givizator

givizator

Nice, my game is isometric too, but in 2D using a paperdoll system (the look and feel is very similar to Diablo 2).
    So for me, each armor take more or less the same space and has to be drawn for all animations : so yeah, I see what you mean by a lot of folders :D

Crystabel likes this.
  10. Crystabel

Crystabel

ALOT of hours!! I checked my files and it looks like I started working on the first set in mid-October.
    Once I did the first armor set and had all of my texture ideas done for that, it went a bit quicker for the rest because i already know which textures to apply (especially once i setup my groups of armors in Unity and could double check my work). It is just the time of doing it, and making it fit the new armor style.
    Scalemail is the longest because with some armors when i apply it, it is facing the correct way in one spot, but is upside down in another. So for scalemail i would have to manually paint it and rotate the direction i wanted for each spot. But you can make folders in the painter file and do the painting at the folder level so that for other scale textures in the future you can just drop them into the folder and they are rotated and scaled correctly for that segment going forward. (that may not make sense for you now, but once you do some stuff in painter with adding a black mask or color selection mask, you'll understand and it can help immensely).
    Thanks! But my textures aren't nearly as detailed and quality as Andrew's are. He has so many layers that make them look amazing. :)

Acissathar and givizator like this.
  11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

If you need me to review any of your packs i would be more than willing to

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Please do provide honest, positive reviews of anything you purchase. (If it's not a 5-star review, let me know what the problem is and see if I can fix it first, and if I can't ,then review away :D )

If you purchase on my site, you can claim a voucher afterward that will allow you to write a review.

13. greatowq01

greatowq01

hi,
    Elves and half-orcs packs are on sale now, does it mean that Armor Pack #1 can be rigged to work with the anims included in the character packs?

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! I don't think those two packs are on sale...not discounted, but they are available :D

The armor is not yet working with them. Hopefully not too long after the new year the wardrobe between the three humanoid packs will be interchangeable, then next step is the armor pack 1

15. psistalk

psistalk

I bought armor pack #1 and it is great! InfinityPBR assets are all top-notch and in my opinion all AAA. Can't wait for the Goblin!

infinitypbr and Crystabel like this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I will not make the end-of-year deadline for the major update!

But I came close. Just finishing up the last demo scene update, and then I will be testing the exported projects files to make sure they import into a new project as I expect. Once that's done, I'll export all the .unitypackages and start uploading to the asset store.

New videos/images will have to come after.

Crystabel, givizator and SickaGames1 like this.
  17. Drenyn

Drenyn

I purchased the RPG Fantasy pack which has the Dragons and Humans, but have been holding off on buying anything further until there are some additional pants to go with the armor sets. Do you have a timeline on when those pants will be released?

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Should be not too long -- the Half-orc can use the human & elf wardrobe now. the work is being done at the moment to get the elf and human to work with all three wardrobes as well.

19. frankest

frankest

Infinitypbr, I've been waiting for almost 1 month and I still haven't received the refund or any response.
    I sent you my invoice ID as you requested.

regards

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

21. frankest

frankest

InfinityPbr Could you please answer me.
    I've been waiting for a month, and you told me a month ago that I would be reimbursed.
    But, you are not responding to me and I have not received any refund.

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've been told it's been processed. Not sure how long it takes to show up in your bank account though.

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm updating all of my packs:

* Minimum Version 2018.4
    * New demo scene (Download my Book of the Dead Standard Shader Conversion pack to see the demo w/ foliage)
    * New file structure
    * Better confidence in shared files staying up to date
    * New Blend Shapes Manager update
    * Mac/PC Demo Scene Downloads
    * New screenshots

The first step for all of my creatures (humanoids excluded for now), has been complete, and you can download the files on my site, https://www.infinitypbr.com/downloads.php (The asset store updates have been submitted, may take a few days to get approved).

WARNING: These updates only change the file structure and update a few of the scripts. If your project is locked, I suggest you do NOT update the packs right now. Either way, please do make a backup of your project before updating!!

I have not updated screenshots, videos, or exported the demo scenes yet, but I'll be doing those in the coming weeks. The most important part is this update.

Let me know if you have any questions.

PS: Get the book of the dead environment here: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...peline-conversion-for-book-of-the-dead-113784

You don't need this unless you want to see the demo scenes with scenery, though

Crystabel likes this.
  24. JBR-games

JBR-games

It was nice of you to make this free... I bought this off your store some time ago and had issues getting it fully working.. ill have to check it out again soon. your stuff always looks great. Now I just need to get you to convert all my useless Snaps assets i bought lol.

infinitypbr likes this.
  25. JBR-games

JBR-games

these are great by the way.. but i personally would need some rougher looking characters (Scares, more facial hair, etc) to make it something i would want, maybe version 2 ? haha..
    and how did you get them to blend between then in the video ?

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Scars / facial hair etc are tough. Things sort of average out, so the "style" from one image, and the "face" from another don't always blend the way you might think. Skin tones / hair color come from the style, so and facial hair/scars tend to be removed at the same time. I'm slowly getting better though.

JBR-games likes this.
  27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

28. Crystabel

Crystabel

Do any of the packs have character animations using the bow, crossbow, or firearm from the weapons packs? I didn't see one, but there are quite a few animations in the different packs (yay!) so I might have missed it.

On a totally and completely unrelated topic :) ....I'd be willing to pay for a pack of animations. Besides those few weapons, I'd especially like townspeople/npc type movements. Sit down, idle sitting, drinking, wiping countertops/tables, picking up items, smithing, farming, fishing, etc. Things that make my villages look alive.

I know there are unity store assets for animations for people like me who don't want to go through the process themselves, but if it is something you've thought of doing and wondered if you had a market for it, I'll chime in that I'm interested.

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

the human pack should have now and crossbow animations. None for the gun.

An animation pack could be interesting but it would have to come after all the humanoids are done, and I’d have to seriously consider the cost, as it likely would be fairly pricey to produce.

Crystabel likes this.
  30. Crystabel

Crystabel

Thanks for the reply. Seriously don't know how I missed the bow and crossbow animations!! They are front and center when I opened the animator. I must have clicked on something else and thought I was on human, then moved on. :rolleyes:

infinitypbr likes this.
  31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I have a discord now!

https://discord.gg/cmZY2tH

If you're a customer of mine already, let me know and I'll add that role for you :D

DarkDungeonStudio and JBR-games like this.
  32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That doesn't seem right at all. Anything else that may be going on?

33. p87

p87

My apologies; i've completely deleted and reimported the elf pack and it looks fine now. I'm not sure how I managed to do that. :oops:

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Honestly, it's a mystery -- it happens all the time with Unity.

p87 likes this.
  35. RPowers

RPowers

The armor pack is great and I can't wait for it to be rigged to the characters. Any chance we'll eventually see mage armor/robes?

Crystabel, infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That would depend entirely on how well the humanoids / wardrobe does. The new armor set will be great as props, and when rigged to any humanoid bone structure, will be good for animations and should work (if you can rig it w/ an asset or something) with any humanoid. Will work with my own once all the other work on those are done.

But, it is pretty expensive to get them rigged/animated (the modeling is the easy part), so unless the first ones sell, I don't think I'd make more. I'd like to, though. Mages and towns people etc.

JBR-games, StevenPicard and RPowers like this.
  37. Enoch

Enoch

Clearly you are smart enough at business to make the right call. However, if I may, I would like to point out that it might be possible that individually these might not sell well, but as a unit they might sell in much greater quantities. As an example if you look at the asset stores Heroic Fantasy Creatures, love them or hate them, part of their appeal is the fact that they can fill out the complete monster list for a fantasy game leaving no gaps, all with the same art style.

Similarly it "might" be the case that your humanoids/wardrobe line might not do well until you pass a given threshold of "enough" art to complete a fantasy game with. I know this is horrible in terms of specificity (I have no idea specifically how much or where this threshold would be, its art and largely subjective), so I totally get business wise why you wouldn't want to take a risk without a more immediate reward. But I'd be willing to bet that if you could get enough wardrobe options to compete with some the UMA starter sets, this might be a lot more lucrative. Just food for thought.

JBR-games likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Could be entirely true. The humans by themselves have done well -- 2nd only to the Dragons in my series. The wardrobe that brings them all together should be done soon, so we'll see how that goes :)

JBR-games likes this.
  39. psistalk

psistalk

Infinity PBR has been progressing and adding models and assets well. All the humanoid packages are coming together and they are one of the few combining and setting up for all humanoid types to be compatible( Don't know anyone else doing this). I am looking forward to the goblin and in the future may be dwarfs:) I think they have to recoup from there investments to continue and I'm almost caught up buying all their assets. They have a good selection of monster types as well!

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Still in progress.
    Screen-Shot-2020-03-01-at-11.11.jpg

42. bobAZ2019

bobAZ2019

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There is a demo scene with a demo controller, but controllers are something people should build for themselves -- so while the demo scene may help you out, it shouldn't be used as a ready-for-your-project controller :)

It will work with all versions of Unity. The materials will need to be converted to URP, which can be done with a menu option that Unity provides.

44. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

How are the goblins coming along?
    Looking forward to those. :D

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good hopefully :D

Humans are getting very close to being done, just working on final fixes etc, and elves will be coming after that, then armor.

A 2nd armor pack is in the works with "plate" armor, more full coverage.

And a village package is being worked on, looking amazing, basically at this point we're adding more additional props etc needed to really flesh out the world / make it feel real and robust.

givizator likes this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

47. quarzwar

quarzwar

Hi, not sure where to ask for help with this, but I am having a small issue with the Half/Orc pack,
    The half-orc armor works well, but the elf and human armor looks purple, (image attached)
    How can I fix this?
    Sincerely,
    Nielsen

Attached Files:

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You'll need to install the human / elf packs to get the textures for those pieces. I'm setting up the three characters so that the wardrobe is interchangeable -- but really, it's three versions of each wardrobe, since it has to fit the bodies and get rigged/animated. But, that does mean you'll need the other packs if you want to use the wardrobe from those packs.

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Humans have been updated!
    * Now includes the hair from all the humanoid packs (8 styles + 2 for hoods/helmets)
    * Improved hair cards
    * Now works with the Half-Orc and the Elf armor!

Also, Goblins are almost ready, could be out tomorrow depending on how family stuff goes this weekend. Goblins come with male/female + wardrobe. I'll likely include a shield and weapon from one of the weapon packs as well.

JBR-games and Acissathar like this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Goblins will be coming soon. Subscribers will get it tonight, and I'll be uploading it to the Asset Store as well. I want people to buy it from the Asset Store instead of my site, so I'm going to hold off on taking orders on my site (basically hide the pack from anyone but subscribers) until it's available on the Asset Store.

Reason being, while it's great that I get a higher margin when people buy on my site, I don't get the bump in the rankings on as when someone buys it from the Asset Store.

Avg. monthly page views has dropped from 50-100 to just about 10-15 per month. Sales have fallen, and quite simply, that needs to turn around. Since my stuff is buried, new people don't find it.

Hopefully those of you who want this will be cool with buying it from the Asset Store instead of my site (aside from subscribers of course), to help boost the rankings, so more eyeballs see it.
    Goblin_16.28161.jpg Goblin_19.21633.jpg Goblin_2.298542.jpg Blendshapes.jpg TextureCustomization.jpg