Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Half-Orc & Metal Ghost Knight are now on the Asset Store!

Vouchers for each are available if you'd like to write a review. Please write a review. It helps sales BIG TIME, and getting three 5* reviews early is unquestionably the most helpful thing you can help me do right now :D Thank you!!!

How to write a review:
    * Grab the voucher from InfinityPBR.com -- navigate to the Half-Orc section and click the "Voucher" link on the left.
    * Visit the Redeem Voucher page on the Asset Store while logged in: https://assetstore.unity.com/account/voucher
    * Download the content of the package using My Assets within the Editor -- you don't have to actually install it.
    * Visit the product page and write a review: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...er-pack-half-orc-human-elf-male-female-156256

JBR-games likes this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks for all the reviews! The Half-Orc / Human / Elf pack now has a visible 5* average! It hasn't resulted in any sales, but it doesn't hurt, and the package is now on Page 2 of the humanoid section (I don't know the last time I've been on page 1 of that section!)

For the town stuff I've been working on, follow this thread, as I wanted to create it's own WIP thread. I'll post more WIPs there.

WIP2.jpg

DarkDungeonStudio and Enoch like this.
  3. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

How's progress on the Caves+ Pack PBR?
    I'm really looking forward to that.

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I got stuck -- I have a bunch of cave pieces, and they're super modular with blend shapes -- you can make TONs of shapes. But...that's all I have, and I got stuck not knowing what to do. I need to figure that out, as right now it's not really enough.

5. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

I can spitball a few ideas, if you don't have them already :p

How about for natural caves include blend shape things like, stalagmites, stalactites, columns, crystals (glowing or not), etc.
    For mines it would also be cool to see mining support beams, rails, gear, etc.

JBR-games and Crystabel like this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've never been happy with our hair. In fact, it's always annoyed the heck out of me -- I know hair is very difficult in Unity, and I've tried in the past to write a custom shader or have someone do it for me, but the results never work out.

So we went back and re-designed our hair cards. There's more cards, which is a consideration for performance (but not as much since computers are faster), and the result is MUCH better.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 7.23.11 PM.png

New hair on the left.

We will be doing all of the hair for half-orcs, then updating the pack, and making the same update to the Elf and Humans.

JBR-games likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi all!

I'm in the process of updating my site for a few things:

1) I'd like to provide Mac/Windows demos (more on that in a bit)
    2) There's so many models now, the site needs to be more compact
    3) I'm going to test NOT selling on my own site. I have a theory that when someone buys on my site instead of the asset store, since the sale doesn't boost my ranking on the store, I'm actually losing out. Page views on my packs have gone down to < 30 a month (!!), and most are buried now. It only takes 1-2 sales to get to the front page of the Creatures category...so I want to see if I don't sell on my site for a few months, if I can turn this around.

All of this takes some time to re-do the page. At the same time, I've been updating my graphics for the new asset store pages, and I'm also updating my demo scene for the first time in a long while, and updating all packs to 2018.4.

Lots going on!

DEMO SCENES
    I have a new character coming up, and new demo scene downloads. I'd like to get feedback, and see how the downloads work. Let me know if you find them valuable ,if you think they'll help you decide whether to purchase, etc. Very eager for honest feedback. If these aren't valuable, then I wouldtn' spend my time exporting them :D

Mac: https://www.infinitypbr.com/downloadDemo.php?packageID=75&platform=mac
    Windows: https://www.infinitypbr.com/downloadDemo.php?packageID=75&platform=windows

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    DarkDungeonStudio likes this.
  8. Crystabel

Crystabel

I clicked but it says "there is no demo available."

I think selling through the asset store will help, plus we'll be able to leave reviews without the whole "i bought this somewhere else" line.
    Curious though, does that mean there's no more subscription plan?

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Damn that's what I get for only testing one of the links! The windows link is fixed.

The subscription will remain active and sign-up-able. I don't get *that* many sales on my own site, but they do happen, and maybe it'd be better if they boosted my ranking on the Asset Store.

Related: the newest demo runs very very nicely on the new iPhone! I'd have to adjust it for the "notch", and figure out how to make an app that allows you to download each demo once the app is installed, but perhaps it'd be nice to show the demo scenes on mobile devices, so people can see that the assets very much work on mobile :D

10. Crystabel

Crystabel

hey, that's pretty cool. i like being able to go through the demo on my own and click on what i want to see happen. i have no idea what is "wrong" with Monster2. It looked good.
    Well, now i'm torn. I like being able to get a 2nd previous asset for a deal when a new one comes out. But i totally get that in order to keep you up and running you need sales coming in! Being within 2-3 clicks for people browsing through a category is important for that.

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

hmm I hadn't thought about the bonus subscription in that way. That is true. I have an update to the model from the animator, and I'll see if that fixes the issue. (It's with the back -- it dips in way more than it should)

12. Crystabel

Crystabel

oh, i see the spot you are talking about now. i did NOT see it until you pointed it out, although now I don't know how i didn't see it. When the spikes are on it really camouflages that area. Without the spikes it is more noticeable.
    But then, it is a made up monster creature so who knows if their back is supposed to dip, lol. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Definitely not supposed to dip! Unfortunately the issue is with the modeling I've been told, and was discovered so late that to fix it would mean re-doing it. I'll see what the animator has done to lessen it, but he says that there's not much more that he can do :(

In related news, I've book a new modeler who has very impressive work, and does the texturing as well as modeling, and has experience rigging for animations, so we should not see this problem with his work.

(And he is building some goblins)

Crystabel likes this.
  14. Acissathar

Acissathar

Being able to play with the demo scenes ahead of time is really cool, I like the idea. One small note is if you leave it on the walking animation it'll walk outside of the demo area haha

If you can get a version on iOS that would be awesome to run through too.

infinitypbr likes this.
  15. Crystabel

Crystabel

From a customer perspective I'll give you an idea of how I would purchase going forward.
    If you keep the bonus subscription plan going I would keep an eye out on the asset store for anything that is selling for $30 and under and purchase that there, since that is the same price I could get it as a bonus when a new asset is released. (Maybe even $35 because that's close enough) I would use my bonus credit for products that cost somewhere in the $40+ range on your site.
    It is cost efficient from my end, and also allows for some things to be purchased at the asset store to get your products up the list. I'm not going to spend more money if you are offering them for less with that plan. :)

If you remove the bonus subscription, I would continue to watch for sales, and I'd probably purchase assets a little further apart to spread the cost out over time. But I would still purchase them regardless of a higher cost because they are worth it.

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm weird -- I've manually registered it for you. Usually when that happens it means that the title changes and I forgot to add that to my site, but in this case, the title is the same. So not sure. But it's in your downloads now.

Thanks for the info -- I'm not planning on removing the subscription, I'd like to see that grow still. With just the purchase of the plant monster and rock monster -- plant is now on page #1 of creatures, and Rock on #2. Doesn't take much to get up there! I'm planning a re-design of the site, and will remove the "buy" button, but keep the subscription option. See how that goes.

JBR-games and Crystabel like this.
  17. Crystabel

Crystabel

It's showing up now. Thanks for the quick responses!!

infinitypbr likes this.
  18. nguyendanhdat

nguyendanhdat

Hi, your assets look really cool. I intend to purchase it for my low poly mobile game. Are the characters low poly? What about the tris and verts of the models?

infinitypbr likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi, and thanks for your interest in my work. All of the characters will work on mobile, they're all low poly in the sense that they're real-time ready. What "low poly" means for any specific project could be vastly different than another. For instance, are you having 300 enemies on the screen at once, or just one? Is your camera really close to your player character, so detail matters, or far away?

Creating LODs isn't difficult, but I stopped doing it awhile back as it was clear that LODs I create aren't necessarily what people who need LODs need -- that is, the specific quality each project needs isn't served better by including pre-made LODs that don't work for that project.

Mantis Online is a free LOD maker, and there is a professional version available on the asset store as well.

For textures, I'm sure in most cases you won't be using the full 4k textures on mobile, though it is possible depending on what's happening in your game etc. Same with the sound effects and music -- likely you won't include all stems from a song -- though it is possible -- and you'd include just one pre-mixed track instead.

JBR-games and nguyendanhdat like this.
  20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

21. Crystabel

Crystabel

There goes all of my Christmas money! LOL. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  22. Crystabel

Crystabel

That sale is awesome! Snagged 20+ assets today. I'm so excited!!!
    When you have a moment (i know you're super busy right now getting the site updated!!), can you activate the assets from the Hell Creatures Pack set for my account on your site? All of the others activated with the order #, but the 4 assets from that pack (devil, demon, demoness, imp) didn't. I can message you the order number if needed.

JBR-games likes this.
  23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Done. For anyone else who tries to register a monster pack, please PM me if it doesn't work. Thanks!! :D

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What does everyone think about this? For the past 6 months I've been playing with ArtBreeder, a unique AI tool that lets you blend images. Recently they became commercial, and I signed up, and have been spending way more time than I expected working at figuring out how to get good results from the tool to create portraits for video game use.

In essence, these are all non-real faces made from combining a variety of non-real faces together, to create real-looking faces in a variety of styles. Images are all 1600x1600, and look really nice at 512x512, very crisp.

Due to the process, there are some artifacts here and there that may need to be photoshopped, depending on the use case.

But I'd love to get some feedback on this. I want to keep making more, but it does take a fair amount of time (maybe one day they'll have an API where I can just code the system to make tens of thousands!)

The package would have probably about 1500 images in a dozen or so styles, from sketches to more realistic, to toon and painted looks.

Thoughts?

portraitsPreview1.jpg

JBR-games and DarkDungeonStudio like this.
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

To be clear: Anyone can sign up, pay a relatively small amount of money, and create their own images using the system.

Here's some 512x512 samples.
    face5.jpg face4.jpg face3.jpg face2.jpg face1.jpg

26. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

I definitely like the more dark fantasy style. (top left, bottom right, bottom left)
    The drawn style also looks cool.

Some look a bit too animeish for my taste. :p

But with 1500+ there should be an amazing variety.
    These would be nice for portraits.

27. DarkDungeonStudio

DarkDungeonStudio

If we're able to make our own then that would be absolutely amazing!

infinitypbr likes this.
  28. quinnbutler

quinnbutler

I'm a big fan of your assets, but the skeleton warrior - 250 skinned mesh renderers? They each require a draw call. Any way you could optimize it?

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! Sorry for the delay -- my work does a lot during this time of year with sales and promotions, so it sucks up an extra large amount of time and energy :(

I don't know for sure, as I"ve not tried, but there are some assets that purport to do this.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/skinned-mesh-combiner-mt-135422
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/rapid-mesh-combiner-66542
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/super-combiner-92129
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/mesh-baker-5017
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/mesh-assembler-110145

Do you think one of those would solve the issue?

JBR-games likes this.
  30. GrassWhooper

GrassWhooper

hey,
    so i have bought this asset pack.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...om-monster-giant-worm-rock-monster-plan-42321

and, as i import it, will, i opened the worm scenes, and, there is just a lot of missing things.
    materials, scripts.
    demo scene works fine, but the texture creation scene does not work, and it literally, just, a pink, standing worm, with game objects that have missing scripts, any ideas?
    pretty new to your assets, and unsure if i am doing something wrong, and i was kinda, very attracted to the idea of customizing the texture/model, then, exporting it into standard shader format, then using it in my game.

that was honestly, the main attraction for me, which it seems to me, that it is mentioned in the description of the asset.

i just checked the mushroom scene, and the mass exporter game object, just like the worm game object, seems to be missing the script
    terrains in scenes also seem to be missing, now that, is something i totally did not expect, from assets that look that high quality.

i am using 2019.3.0f3 btw.

just checked the folder named "SFB Magic Spells & Particles"
    and basically, many particle systems, only show off, pink, when i drop their prefabs.

so i found this video, i tried to follow along with it.....
    turns out, there is no procedural folder in the entire directory of the pack, i really hope this is just some silly update mistake, because pretty sure, it says in the description, that, we have texture exporting, and procedural materials, and mesh morphing etc.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  31. Crystabel

Crystabel

I think you have to open those in 2017 and do your customization, then you can export to use in your current version. I have the worm opened right now in 2017 and it's texture is showing. I also see the procedural folder in this import.
    I think there's a note on the asset page and on his main website downloads page about having to set up in the older version for the older files that used .sbsar - which unity is no longer supporting.

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi!

To use the Texture Customization you'll need:
    1) Get the additional files if you haven't from InfinityPBR.com -- registration is required for the downloads
    2) Use 2017.4 or lower, as built-in .sbsar support was removed in 2018.x -- I highly suggest you do any texture customization in a brand new project either way.

If there are still issues, let me know and I can help out of course :)

I will be removing all Texture Customization features in the upcoming updates, which I hope to get to by end of year or early 2020, as 2017.4 LTS is almost run out, and the feature now causes more confusion and frustration among users. The best way to create custom textures will be using the Substance Painter files, which you can grab from my site. While Painter does cost money after their free trial, it's very easy to change things around, and much much more powerful than my Texture Customization features ever could be.

I hope that helps!

For the magic spells, it seems that some packs over-write some of the other materials, which causes the pink issue. It's something I hope I can rectify in the upcoming updates, but with so many packs, it's a web of invisible over-writes going on. Fixing one seems to break another, etc.

33. GrassWhooper

GrassWhooper

hi

i have signed up and assigned my inovice number in the web site and i found the scripts to download but i cant find the procedural materials package for each of the monsters in the pack

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Will reply in the PM :D

GrassWhooper likes this.
  35. UrgeT

UrgeT

For the Skeletons use Mesh Baker myself combined with the Automatic Lod asset:

mesh baker + Automatic lod 2.jpg

infinitypbr and Crystabel like this.
  36. frankest

frankest

infinitypbr, I know it's been only 2 days since I sent the mail, but I need you to answer me because I'm not well these days :(.

I tell you:
    I bought the Human Character asset by mistake ($ 30 on offer). And in fact I planned to buy more of your assets on the day of the offer, but I was wrong to buy this, and the first thing I wanted to tell you.

I have many of your assets in favorites, and I already bought one in the past and I am very happy with that asset.
    Because I have not seen any creator capable of doing what you do where you can customize all parts of the creature :).

As I say I was wrong to buy the Human Character asset, and I will not be able to use it and I told you just a few hours later.

I have no problem buying more assets and I will spend more money, because I like your assets.

But please, I ask for a refund of this asset, because I was wrong, and this had never happened to me before.

Best regards

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Replied via email.

Portrait pack is now available! It's not for everyone, but if you get it, please do let me know what you think. And if you think it's great, please write a review! :D I don't mind making more, and adding to this, so please do give me some feedback, so I know if I should spend time on it or not.

DarkDungeonStudio and JBR-games like this.
  38. greatowq01

greatowq01

The "READ ME PLEASE " of the RPG character Pack #1 says that "Please check out the .pdf file included in the package".But there is no such a file in the package.Why?and how can i get this .pdf file ?

39. JBR-games

JBR-games

I'm assuming the background is removable, so we can have a consistent look

40. greatowq01

greatowq01

I really need scripting API!!but there is no documentation file about it! That drives me crazy! Please tell me how to approach it!

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

hi — my apologies, there is no pdf anymore. My YouTube channel has some tutorials (on my phone unable to look it up at the moment).

hiwever I don’t really have any scripting apis. The only script that isn’t extremely basic and meant for demo is probably the blend shapes manager, and you can open that up to see what it does.

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Updates! I'm hoping to get this done before the new year...that may be ambitious, but we'll see. Updating all the packs to the new demo scene, a slightly changed file structure, and what I hope will be a better experience when using multiple models.

Status is here.

T
    he plan is to also have an asset, free, which has all the "Support" files, so that if at any time you're not sure if you have the latest shared files, you can grab it and import it last. Unity sometimes seems to replace newer versions with older ones if you import the older ones later. Very annoying.

Also, a goblin:

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 5.37.54 PM.png

43. givizator

givizator

Your packs are really the best I bought on the store, and I bought a lot of assets ! Keep going !!
    Any update on the new hairs for the humanoids ?

infinitypbr and Crystabel like this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good question! In progress. Will come w/ the wardrobe updates.

Crystabel and givizator like this.
  45. givizator

givizator

The spreadsheet mention an Armor pack #2, can we have a screenshot preview of what's coming inside ?
    Thanks !

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This one? It's live now.

givizator likes this.
  47. givizator

givizator

Ah ok, I though that was one like "Armor Pack 1". We want more armors :) Would also buy more armor textures for the first pack !

infinitypbr likes this.
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good to know! Once I get the Armor Pack 1 rigged w/ the humanoids, I think an Armor Pack 2 would be in order.

49. Crystabel

Crystabel

Will there be leg armor in Armor Pack 2? hint hint :) . I have almost 100 textures (various leather, scale, chain, and plate) made for each of the 5 armors in pack one. I'm texturing the Elf and Orc leg armor for lower body, but would love to have some leg armor that covered the thighs as well--like the Devil asset armor has. Just, ya know, for that to-do list, lol.

infinitypbr likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Probably. The Armor Pack 1 is sort of "Leather Armor" -- though there is some non-leather bits and pieces.

Next would be "Chain Armor" and "Plate Armor" -- plate would be mostly full-plate, and chain may be mixed.

givizator and Crystabel like this.