Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yea...I hear that 2019.1 is the "final" major change...but you never know!

jbb1979 and JBR-games like this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Scorpion animations are coming along great, and should be done soon. This time I started that process at the same time I sent it to be textured, so as soon as both of those are done, it should be ready to go!

jbb1979 likes this.
  3. JBR-games

JBR-games

All these releases.. Im going to go broke haha :D

jbb1979 and infinitypbr like this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Got to release a game and make your money back! :D

jbb1979 likes this.
  5. SevenElements

SevenElements

Hello, I just started learning Unity. I would like to ask questions about Mushroom Monsters.

I downloaded Mushroom Monsters at the Unity Asset Store on May 7, 2019. When I downloaded it, I remember it was free and the download was successful, but after a few minutes, I found the price changed to USD49.99

Do I need to pay in this case?

jbb1979 likes this.
  6. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I feel a little bad asking this here. But when I selected support on your website I got brought to a Unity page with an error

I see your now for sale on Reallusion's website making your assets usable in Character Creator 3 or iClone will we need to re-purchase what we have to get those version?

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Nope, you're all set :D

jbb1979 likes this.
  8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Reallusion version is very different -- in that case, it's not actually "me" that's selling it, it's a 3rd party that d id all the modifications and setup that would be required to use it in Reallusion -- I've never actually touched the program. So in that case, it would be a separate purchase, unless you can bring in the files and make the needed modifications yourself. That should be quite doable.

jbb1979 likes this.
  9. SevenElements

SevenElements

"you're all set" means that I don't need to pay?
    Sorry, my English is very bad...

jbb1979 likes this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Correct, you do not need to pay :) It was set for free for a short while accidentally, so there is no need to pay, it's my fault (or Unity's fault...not sure which), but it's not your fault, and I'm very much OK with you having it for free :)

jbb1979, thevisad and SevenElements like this.
  11. SevenElements

SevenElements

Thank you very much!

jbb1979 likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll be working on this for the next couple days, getting the textures ready. The animations are done as well, so nearly ready for release!

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.14.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.14.27 AM.png

jbb1979, UrgeT and JBR-games like this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

15. psistalk

psistalk

I love the scorpion is one of the creatures I was waiting for. I am almost caught up to buying all your assets. I was just wondering what might be next for releases. As always the quality of your assets is above and beyond.

jbb1979, JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There's a "Fish man" that I'll send to animation/texturing shortly, and a 5-headed Hydra that I just ordered to be modeled. The half-orc is being worked on as well, and after that, the humans/elves/half-orcs need to share wardrobe, and then get the Leather Armor to work with them too

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

WIP
    Hydra. It uses the three heads from the Dragons Pack, as those are just great heads. With blend shapes and other options ,I think that means that each head COULD have a different look from the rest.
    Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 5.00.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 5.00.45 PM.png

jbb1979, maxroszell and UrgeT like this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I like it when people are open about things like revenue. I'm no longer losing money on any given month, which is great, but I'm still not raking it in from this work.

Here is my Asset Store revenue for 2019 thus far. This doesn't include sales from InfinityPBR.com (the bulk of which come from subscriptions, about $900 per asset I release, which is 50% of the minimum price for the production of an asset -- modeling, texturing, rigging and animation/blend shapes). Or sales from other markets (small values).

Just under $8000 net revenue for the year thus far.

5* ratings and reviews will help drive more sales :D

19. JBR-games

JBR-games

Looks like you should put a bit more focus on character kits, thats where your main revenue is. (As mentioned 100 times now) id love to see npc/villagers, other types of warriors /races... Less monster types..
    Just saying ;):D

jbb1979, infinitypbr and Acissathar like this.
  20. Acissathar

Acissathar

I love seeing these breakdowns, both from a curiosity standpoint and a way to put things into perspective. I also find it really interesting that the conversion of the HDRP Book of the Dead sample is a top 5 (missing top 4 by a few cents :rolleyes: )

I'll throw my hat into the more armor/clothes for the current races as well, granted I totally understand blendshapes and having to rig them makes things a big pain.

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Humans & dragons basically carry this whole project :)

The elves aren't doing so hot though -- they haven't sold a single time on the Asset Store. Humanoids unfortunately also cost a lot more to produce, for each step, as they have to be so detailed and precise. No one notices weird issues with a random monster, but if the nose is off on a humanoid, it'd ruin everything :D

The Half-Orcs should be ready soon, and the nthe wardrobe sharing will happen. So we'll see how that goes -- I know it'll be a great way to use the three humanoids together.

unnamed.gif

jbb1979, JBR-games and Acissathar like this.
  22. JBR-games

JBR-games

Maybe its just me but the textures on the elves seem really plain, maybe boring and may i say low quality to the point of honestly looking really bad. (when i view them on the asset store anyway ) Could be alot of the reason why sales are bad. Purple with red hair is your thumb nail and honestly turned me off even though i know your quality is great. Dont know of too many people looking for purple elves.. Im assuming you are just showing customizability, But just doesn't look good. Id keep only realistic pics shown.. And put a little more effort into making the screen shots pop! They really dont seem pbr at all other than a bit of armor shining.

Just my initial opinion when i first viewed & downloaded them from my subscription.. And only say this as i want you to succeed..!

jbb1979 likes this.
  23. JBR-games

JBR-games

jbb1979 likes this.
  24. JBR-games

JBR-games

I also got this error when being directed to forums..

jbb1979 likes this.
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmmm --- ooooh I see. Looks like when you're not logged in, you get the "sign in" error page.

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Harlequin texturing

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 1.24.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 1.23.40 PM.png

27. Zarkow

Zarkow

I will be selfish and hope for focus on monsters and animals, since those are all the packs I buy, not any of the 'player character'-ish ones. :)

I am also hoping for the sound-updates for some of the packs I already have, as I have started to put them into the pre-Alpha, and I am adding them in the order of 'story' and not order of when they where released. My own fault, I know... :)

EDIT: That Harlequin looks sick - very nice

28. JBR-games

JBR-games

Second that, its looking great..

jbb1979 likes this.
  29. Oryor

Oryor

Hello i love the look of the asset and was wondering if there are any good tutorials for setting it up, im new to animations and models but am looking to setup this asset in my scene, i am using the human pack and am trying to just get started with the demo prefabs but the character controller i am using (opsive UCC) doesnt see the prefab as humanoid. any advice or walk throughs for this or animations/models would be greatly appreciated!

30. Zarkow

Zarkow

Maybe you can put up a separate single pack that only includes the blendshape scripts etc, a free one, that you update whenever you update that shared script, so I can download and re-import it as soon as a pack is imported - else one have to trace whenever a pack was released+updated to try to figure out the version of the script.

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Replied on the other thread, but the YouTube page may have some tutorials that are helpful. Not sure why Ultimate Character Controller doesn't see it as Humanoid, have you asked on their forum?

jbb1979 likes this.
  32. Oryor

Oryor

also i checked out the skype and it seems to be dead, is there any chance you did setup a discord?

jbb1979 likes this.
  33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No, I didn't -- I'm not at all a fan of things like that, and the management / checking is something I don't enjoy and end up ignoring / forgetting about. I find the forums works w/ my style because I can check every so often and get back to questions as I have time.

34. JBR-games

JBR-games

Plus the skype link got some kind of weird russian spam bots... No choice but to block it.

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

About to send this in to get textured. 5 Headed Hydra, each head has the same three heads from the Dragon Pack PBR, and the body will be textured to match those. Fins/spikes are removable, and each head can be chopped off -- on the cut end will be some sort of bloody mess.

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 8.53.04 PM.png

jbb1979, maxroszell and UrgeT like this.
  36. maxroszell

maxroszell

Will definitely buy the hydra when it comes out.

jbb1979, JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  37. maxroszell

maxroszell

Recently I've been thinking about two things I've really liked in wow. Baby dragon whelplings, and giant tentacles. When I say tentacles I'm talking like Yogg'Saron. Will include photo's. 2 things I'd really want in my game.

When I look up tentacles on the unity asset store nothing good shows up. A low poly alien squid and a weird tree like tentacle thing. You could use the giant worm and alter it into a giant tentacle. Hope you like my suggestions.

https://imgur.com/a/YoVQfu7 Link to the pictures, files too big for the site here.

jbb1979 likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!
    The tentacles is something I've long thought of -- maybe part of a "Traps" package.

jbb1979, maxroszell and JBR-games like this.
  39. maxroszell

maxroszell

I'd pay 40$ for a giant Yogg Saron like tentacle. One that is customizable in color and shape. Something to bring my forest to life for those brave daring adventurers :D If I can get them in a traps package (based on whether its, its own entity) than I'd get that.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Making progress on the Half-Orc.

I have to say...these humanoids take a long time to finish, with all the wardrobe options. I hope you all use them a LOT :D

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 2.36.07 PM.png

jbb1979, UrgeT, JBR-games and 2 others like this.
  41. magique

magique

@infinitypbr Have you considered the possibility of making your humanoid models compatible with SALSA lip-syncing? It would be nice to have another option for talking characters.

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes and no -- I had heard Unity was working on a system that would work with the iPhone / android, so you could make your own animations and save them as animation files. I had a slightly working version of the human ,but it was still off -- the mouth would go SUPER wide, like crazy scary clown like wide, and everything seemed inverse.

I'd really like to have a version that is forward compatible as possible.

jbb1979 likes this.
  43. Enraged91

Enraged91

@infinitypbr

Is there an email address I can contact you at? I am looking to ask a few questions about the packs before purchasing.

jbb1979 likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, you can pm me here :)

jbb1979 likes this.
  45. OwlTheoryMusic

OwlTheoryMusic

Beautiful modeling. Keep up the great work!

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Things will slow for a bit -- I cut ties with the latest animator, as he wasn't able to get the latest character working properly, and was insistent that I code things in Unity to make it work, which just isn't acceptable. Half-orcs are still coming along.

JBR-games likes this.
  47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Don't want to talk too much about this and get anyones hopes up....attempt 2 at a really nice environment pack that does everything I need it to do...so hopefully everything you'd need too!

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 10.22.03 PM.png

48. jbb1979

jbb1979

You are amazing - -

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

50. jbb1979

jbb1979