Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Elves. Soon. I want to make the armor a bit better and make a 2nd version. Maybe I'll do that in an update.

00026.jpg 00028.jpg 00029.jpg 00030.jpg 00031.jpg

Acissathar likes this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Elves wearing human armor, and then both types mixed together.

00064.jpg 00065.jpg

Acissathar likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Goal is to get the Skeleton released tonight! And the Elves later this week. They both came in w/ fixes, but the Skeleton is the easier to get out, so I'll do that first.

hungrybelome likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. Acissathar

Acissathar

Looks like subscription update and email update is working again (just in time for Elves yay!), but I'm getting 2x every email (subscription status change and email status change)

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah I think that's a bug. I thought it was happening to me because I sent myself a copy of emails that others get, but it sounds like's not just happening to me. I'll look into it.

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Also, elves I was hoping to have done tonight, but an update to the female shirt came back and the shirt, for some reason, is off center, so I need to wait for that to get updated again :(

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I really need to update the first post with what's being worked on. I'm happy with the texture artist I've hired, and the modeler as well who has been doing characters for a while (And the leather armor).

This is a Troll WIP for the texturing. Will be animated after the Minotaur.

There are two animators right now -- Katy, the animator who has been w/ me the longest, who is working on humanoids, and another artist who has been doing the rest.

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 9.59.06 PM.png

9. Zarkow

Zarkow

The Ogre/Troll is looking great and Minotaur will be a welcome addition - getting time to make use of them will be the harder part. ;p

The skeletons textures look very traditional RPG, i.e. very clean. Is there any dirty/un-clean versions included too?

hungrybelome likes this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That is the dirty version :D In Painter though, it's real easy to replace the metal just by bringing in a new smart material and turning off the existing. Usually there isn't much cleanup, if any, required.

11. Zarkow

Zarkow

Oh, I meant on the bones themselves, not the armour and gear. No worries, I found the page in the asset store as it is approved. :)

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah ok -- let me look into that.

Zarkow likes this.
  13. UrgeT

UrgeT

Oh nice looking packages, are some behind on Unity version here, stopped after getting Unity 5 pro.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Untextured Harlequin character. I plan on having this one do some crazy tricks in the animations including full 360 rotation of the head...and nothing else. because it's creepy.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 11.31.24 AM.png

JBR-games likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This won't be part of the subscription, as it will be offered at $19.99

But, the Accessories Pack is almost ready! (tomorrow, as it's getting late)

These should work with any character with fingers or a neck or an arm. They're not rigged, so there could be some issues with wrist/forearm animation depending on the animations etc.

Mesh Morphing allows for a lot more flexibility than simple scaling. Gems & Rivets are ready to be placed on "Gem slots" on the rings and one of the bracers. New/Old versions of many texture sets per object.

There's over 7GB of Substance Painter files available for these, as I wanted to make sure there were high res textures for close ups.

image3.jpg textureCustomization.jpg blendShapes.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg

Acissathar likes this.
  16. Acissathar

Acissathar

Something interesting, I just got the email about the Skeleton pack being available in my old email address, but no subscription charge / access to it, but then I got the accessories email in my updated email address.

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I had a bug in my email script, which is set to slowly email everyone, where it wasn't sending -- I fixed the bug, and the queue started processing. Chances are the Skeleton was set to go to the old address I'd think? That was originally set to go out last week.

You should have been charged however, and gotten an email about that. Let me know if you did not. The two emails -- the charge notice and the "new pack" email, are separate.

Acissathar likes this.
  18. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

While importing your assets, I always get a popup saying that they haven't been updated to use the new 2018 Substance plugin. Screenshot
    It links to This Page.
    Since I don't have 2017 installed (No room on my PC), I can't follow the update instructions.
    Do you plan to go through all of your assets and update them all? I know it'd be a huge job, but I'm not sure what might be broken by me using them without properly updating them.

19. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

What are the chances of being able to replace the hair on the elves with different hair styles?
    That would make the morphs a lot more unique, I think.

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah -- the update will remove the .sbsar files though :) A while back I decided to stop including the .sbsar for two reasons. One,b because the results weren't ever as good as what you can get from using the substance painter source files, and, more importantly, because the support for .sbsar files isn't built in, and I don't want to have to support a 3rd party plugin that may or may not keep working -- for the first 6 month of 2018, it was actually destroying peoples projects.

Better to just not support it at all.

Maybe eventually. Hair is hard -- I'm really not super happy with how it looks due to the shader. If I had a better hair system, I'd be more likely to get more of it done.

21. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

That is the best possible answer I could have hoped for. The Substance plugin is my nemesis.
    Do you know of any quick and easy fixes that I can use until then? I'd have to uninstall Unity 2018 if I wanted to install 2017. If I wind up following that rout, It'd look something like this:
    1. Uninstall Unity 2018
    2. Install Unity 2017
    3. Build a new project
    4. Import 15 of your assets, which tend to take about 10 minutes each
    5. Use your texture exporter to export every sbsar file that I can find
    6. Export the new textures to a new package
    7. Uninstall Unity 2017
    8. Install Unity 2018
    9. Create a new project
    10. Import 15 of your assets, which tend to take about 10 minutes each
    11. Import the new package with the new textures
    12. Reassign everything that uses sbsar files so that they use the new textures
    13. Delete the sbsar files
    I'm fairly sure that I'm waaay too lazy to do all of that. :p
    So... If you can think of a better/faster way to eliminate the evil plugin, or if you plan to do that update soon(ish) please let me know.

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The characters all should be only using traditional textures in the demo files -- the "Customizable Materials" folder can be excluded from those imports and it should just all work.

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

hungrybelome and Acissathar like this.
  24. Acissathar

Acissathar

I have a quick question, with multiple SFB packs in a project, which SFB_BlendManager script is the one that should be used?

Each pack seems to change the script in a small way, so are they supposed to be unique to that pack and/or it's just meant for demo purposes and we should write our own systems?

Also, the sub and credit did go through as expected so that's good to go :)

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The most recently created version.

I was under the impression that the script would be updated on import, but now I'm wondering, is it updated if you then import an older .unitypackage? I.e. updated to the older version?

The version from the latest released packs will always be the latest version, however. Updating all the old packs takes a looooooong time, so hopefully that would make sense. Until one day when Unity allows for multiple downloads, and I can link "utilities" to all my stuff.

26. Acissathar

Acissathar

From what I've encountered, if there's any difference at all, it'll overwrite the existenting one with the one contained in the package.

Easy enough for me to just keep the elf one when importing old packages though.

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good info, thanks -- I'll have to update the readme or something, or maybe provide a tool to download the latest utilities files from the server.

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Another character to wait for texturing and animation... Fisherman? Fishman? Something else? Will come with a spear and a driftwood shield.

fisher wip.png

Acissathar likes this.
  29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Minotaurs are coming, very soon.

00026.jpg 00037.jpg

Acissathar likes this.
  30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Modeling has been started on a Scorpion monster!

31. Satsukeshi

Satsukeshi

Hi, I've been looking into getting your Rock Monster asset, but I was wondering if you could add in a blend shape modifier for height, or if feeling ambitious, a length modifier for the various submeshes. e.g. Short legs with long arms, or even more granular, short thighs with long shins (labeled legs in your demo video).

Thanks for your time!

JBR-games likes this.
  32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks for your interest and potential support :)

You can use the scale in the transform to make the monster taller, to some degree before it looks stretched.

However adjusting the proportions of the limbs etc can’t work as the animations / bone structure don’t get adjusted with the mesh, unfortunately

33. Satsukeshi

Satsukeshi

Good point. Thanks!

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

UrgeT and StevenPicard like this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You know what happened? I don't know exactly how, but the Mushroom Monster Pack PBR became free when I renamed it "Mushroom Monsters".

It won't stay free forever!

PS....5* reviews and ratings are super helpful :)

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Working on the Troll Demo scene -- will be the next one released!

Also, the Scorpion has been sent to get textured.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

JBR-games likes this.
  39. JBR-games

JBR-games

You've been releasing a lot of characters lately.. and sounds like the half-orcs will be ready soon... after that will the Human characters get some love with additional armor/clothing ? I'm assuming the armor pack 1 will be added next. Really looking forward to some NPC clothing options to really bring my village to life. ;):)

infinitypbr likes this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, two things happened. First, I'm finally not losing money (woo hoo!!!) which is nice -- subscriptions pay for a bit under half the cash I pay out for most characters, and regular sales fill in the rest, so long as I don't do too much in any one month. (Humanoids are much more expensive though)

Second, I have a modeler, texture artist, and animator that I'm using for most things, and keeping Katy the animator who's been with me the longest, doing the humanoids as her attention to detail is much higher than others. However, they are taking a long time. Half-orc is being aniationed and blend-shapified. The armor does take a heafty bit of QA too, as it's really really easy for parts of it to be messed up between the blend shapes and animation.

Once that's done, Katy will work on getting the three humanoids to all have each others wardrobes.

And once that's done, she'll rig/animate the leather armor pack.

I very much want to make more wardrobe, but it's really going to depend on whether or not this all sells. The humans did pretty well, but the elves haven't sold at all (Aside from the subscription and two sales on my site). Hopefully the value of being able to share wardrobe will be enough.

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  41. psistalk

psistalk

I bought the elves and like the package and will buy them as they come out :) Great models.

JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  42. WSkid

WSkid

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but using 2018.3 (and 2019.1) with hdrp, the Human Fantasy Pack - https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...n-fantasy-rpg-character-pack-pbr-humans-60016 - produces pink hair (something in the hair shaders are not compatible, but doesnt show any errors) when using the prefabs under Game Ready > Prefabs > Full Morphing > Human Male/Female Demo v2.

I'm using the unity package from the website as opposed to the asset store, and I've done the "Upgrade all project materials to hdrp" and everything else is working great (armor textures, blendshapes, etc) the only thing is the hair.

Any tips on resolving? Gonna brush up on shader code and see if theres a quick fix myself.

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Unfortunately the custom shaders I make aren’t compatible with hdrp at this point, as the hdrp setup itself keeps changing.

I’ve heard hdrp May have its own hair shader at some point, and if so, I plan on trying to support that.

It should be possible to use amplify shader editor to make a hair shader however.

44. JBR-games

JBR-games

Would shader graph be worth looking into? Seems easy enough but i havent played with it personally.

infinitypbr likes this.
  45. psistalk

psistalk

do a manual change to hdrp lit and set your textures manualy I have made all the infinitypbr models HDRP and they look amazing. I also setup mapmagic HDRP and the lit shader is incredible. Cant wait till it is out of preview!

JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah -- I also haven't looked into it. Making hair shaders seems to be tremendously difficult, and I haven't been able to find any resources on ASE in the past, which you'd think would exist if it were fairly easy to accomplish.

JBR-games likes this.
  47. JBR-games

JBR-games

Seems like the setup for grass and hair would be very similar.

infinitypbr likes this.
  48. Bantichai

Bantichai

I just wanted to ask, are the monsters like troll and minotaur using humanoid mecanim for animation or generic?

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Generic. Minotaur can't use humanoid due to the feed/legs. Troll doesn't due to the proportions being quite different than a human would be.

However, both *can* be made humanoid, though the quality may be noticeably different. It's something to try out and play with, but it's not something I'd say is fully supported.

50. WSkid

WSkid

Thank you so much! This worked like a charm :)

Started to go down the route of updating the hair shader but with 2019.1 it seems to change every patch release.

infinitypbr likes this.