Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

In my latest distraction, I'm attempting to convert the BOTD assets into a version that works w/ the standard shader.

I have all the models converted. I need to see if I can make a shader w/ the vertex motion for the foliage, and work w/ the post processing stack to make it look more similar to the demo.

botd.jpg

antoripa, hungrybelome and chelnok like this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey everyone!

The Young Dragons Pack PBR is now available on the Unity Asset Store and Unreal Marketplace. That means I've got vouchers for anyone who's purchased it from my site, for the Asset Store, if you're interested in writing a review or rating the package.

I know it's a decent amount of time to get the voucher, download the package (which you have to do on the asset store in order to write a review), and then write the actual review. I can't thank you enough -- having 3 ratings is required for the 5 star average to show on the Asset Store, and reviews are probably the most effective way to show other users that they're not throwing away their money.

All revenue from these packs continues to be spent on more assets, so the more sales that happen, the more we can produce. So, ratings and reviews are INSANELY helpful.

If you are interested in writing a positive, honest, 5-star review, visit InfinityPBR.com and click the "Vouchers & Reviews" in the left menu by the character you'd like to review. You can get a voucher there, and then renew it at the Unity Asset Store. Be sure to download the package, after which you'll be able to write the review on the Product page.

Thanks very much!!

p87 likes this.
  3. p87

p87

hey i was just watching the video for your humans pack - do you provide a version of the rig with the fingers rigged?

thanks mate~

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I may not be understanding the question -- the fingers are rigged, but the animations will need to drive them. Our animations have removed the hands -- they're either open or closed, given that the player may have two weapons, or one in either hand, or none etc.

However, other humanoid animations may have precise finger animations, in which case they should work.

p87 likes this.
  5. p87

p87

Perfect, awesome - that answers my question. Thank you!

By the way, I'm looking forward to the elves!

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I have a version of the human female with a facial rig set for this type of thing.

Once I can find an iPhone X to test with (I think there is one at work, hopefully), I can see if I can get it to work. In which case, the humans would be updated, and the upcoming Elves too. Perhaps all the humanoid characters. I would very much like to see ALL asset store humanoids be set up for facial animation and mocap.

7. p87

p87

hey mate just as a heads up... this thing pops up every time i start unity, even when i click 'dont show again'.

the only asset i have imported to my project ATM is the rpg character pack with the human and the dragons.

upload_2018-9-19_12-5-17.png

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Huh -- it shouldn't show again after clicking "don't show again". That's annoying -- however,r you can delete the file from the project entirely. It's called "SFB_LoadWelcome.cs".

9. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

The Humans pack is amazing quality, but I really wish they just had some normal full-body clothing so that they could be used as traditional medieval town NPCs. Would definitely buy an add-on with even just a couple of pieces of normal clothing!

infinitypbr likes this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I agree! It hasn't been easy for me to find new modelers to work with, and the cost is quite prohibitive in most cases. I'm hopeful that w/ my next update, perhaps other modelers will start designing clothes and selling them themselves. But it's not an easy process, which is probably why there is so little clothing on the store that isn't directly attached to characters.

P_Jong likes this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Work in Progress - Caves

* Vertex shader for combining textures.
    * Massively customizable shapes, creating infinite options for more organic and realistic caves. Fit like pieces, but feel more real.

12. Antypodish

Antypodish

Such great caves.

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. AVOlight

AVOlight

Hi, do you have any characters planned that have matching expression blend shapes to use with the Unity Facial AR Remote
    looking for head only characters like your awesome Gazer and Slime packs
    wondering if I should use this service on those packs

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I have played with it, but the results thus far were not ideal. The movements were extreme, and some issues /w the neck going the wrong way.

The upcoming human update will include the blend shapes required for this, however, so I'll be urging people to test themselves if they have the tools. Eventually Unity will have some built in solution for recording and playing back the animations, so I would like this to be an option.

Seems insanely powerful, once it works, to be able to create custom facial animations at home.

AVOlight likes this.
  15. AVOlight

AVOlight

Thank you for the info :)
    very exciting

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool update!

A new animator has successfully animated the Succubus character! He'll be adding blend shapes as well. He's more new, so it took a fair amount of back and forth, with me making quite a few videos explaining how the animations needed to be improved. Blend shapes may take a bit too, but once that's done, the Succubus can be released!

The Elves are also almost done -- animations have been submitted from my usual animator. Some changes will need to be made, and given the complexity, more time is needed to make sure this package is set up right, but once it is...then the Elves can finally be released, with Human wardrobe along with them, and the humans will get a version of the elf wardrobe too.

psistalk and hungrybelome like this.
  17. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Wow, super excited about these updates!!!

18. psistalk

psistalk

Can't wait for the Elves!!

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Weapons & Armor Pack #2 is about to be released!

I do want to see if I can get this HDRP ready, though -- the textures include HDRP versions, so it should be all good, but I need to test it out.

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

21. Antypodish

Antypodish

Nice gear

infinitypbr likes this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Weapons & Armor PBR Pack #2 is now released!

See the forum thread.

Subscribers have access to the package now, in their downloads. This package is also HDRP compatible. The main pack had 'normal' textures, but there's also a .unitypackage with the HDRP versions :)

Let me know what you think!

Succubus should be coming out within the week.

hungrybelome likes this.
  23. RPGia

RPGia

The medieval firearm is such a nice addition!

infinitypbr likes this.
  24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! I wasn't sure about it, but I figured, why not :)

The package is now on the asset store. For those who got the package through InfinityPBR.com, vouchers are now available. Just log in and click the "Vouchers & Reviews" button, to get a voucher. Please remember you need to write a review for the voucher, as I"m not allowed to 'sell' vouchers.

Also, the asset store needs 3 5-star reviews before others will see the average. Getting the first three reviews is critical for sales, and quite difficult to get. If you have a few minutes, please get a voucher, download the asset from within the Unity Asset Store, and leave a rating and or review :)

Thanks!!

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Demoness / Succubus Coming Very Soon

I've had to send the latest one back to the animator as the "Walk Backward" feet were sliding around. However, once that's fixed...unless something else breaks in the process, we should be good to go!

The Asset Store no longer accepts new characters of this sort with a more realistic human texture, or with the name "Succubus", since it implies a sexuality. I was always going to include alternate textures, but now I'll only include the alternate textures. You'll be able to download the human texture on InfinityPBR.com, just another .unitypackage. And the name will be "Demoness" on the Asset Store.

Once I get the new animation back, I'll be able to finish up the demo scene, with some particle effects etc, and then release the character.
    demoness1.jpg demoness2.jpg demoness3.jpg demoness4.jpg succubus1.jpg

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I got delayed, for good reason. I wanted to make a special shader that blends two texture sets (made w/ Amplify Shader Editor), but I also wanted to have that work w/ the animations.

The idea is that when she attacks, she turns on her "Fire" self. You can see that here:

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Made a demo video and working on the photos for the character. Hopefully will be done soon.

screenshot1.jpg screenshot3.jpg screenshot2.jpg

28. Acissathar

Acissathar

Could the Weapons & Armor #1 pack get the sbar removal / default texture update? From what I can tell, it's the only Infinity package with them still in and then Unity yells at me :(

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cyber Week Mega Sale has begun!

Most of my assets are 50% during this sale, those that qualified to the restrictions.

Also, don't miss the bundles...I think those are pretty sweet deals :)

hungrybelome likes this.
  30. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Finally bought monster pack #3 and the spider pack! Slowly buying all of your assets.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    infinitypbr likes this.
  31. Astarorr

Astarorr

If i'll buy bundle in Asset Store, will i'll be able to get additional files on your site?

infinitypbr likes this.
  32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep! You can register the asset store purchase easily, and have instant access

Astarorr likes this.
  33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep! You can register the asset store purchase easily, and have instant access

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

PBR Monster Pack #4 is now available at http://www.InfinityPBR.com

Just add one of them to your cart, and the cart will offer you the pack: Spider Pack PBR, Bats Pack PBR, Gazer Pack PBR, Golems Pack PBR

Will be on the Asset Store at some point. The Asset Store will allow you to upgrade from one package to the full pack, but InfinityPBR.com will take into account all the previous assets you've purchased or registered, so if you have two or three of them, you'll be able to complete the full pack by just paying the price difference!

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 9.05.59 PM.jpg

Acissathar likes this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The plan for these (5 total + multiple textures each), is to have them match the 6 body shapes. Male/Female for Human, Elf, and Half-Orc.

Then, they'd get rigged and blend-shaped to work with mesh morphing so that they work with those features on the characters as well.

I have a script that lets you "equip" external models and clothing (really, any publisher could create add on clothes for these!)

So....this will be a bit, since Half-orc needs to be done too, and we're not yet starting on the animation for that until after the elves are done.

BUT IT IS STILL EXCITING.

And maybe I'll release them as props for now.

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 1.46.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.37.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 1.10.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 9.56.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 9.51.43 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  36. JBR-games

JBR-games

Looks great and glad to see the new characters are moving forward even if kinda slow..

37. JBR-games

JBR-games

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Slow is a giant understatement! :D But I have two animators now, one for the important things like the humanoids that have to be super precise, and one to do monsters etc. So things should be faster while that lasts. I really want to get the three races done. Was going to have dwarves too, but the size difference would be an added issue, plus I don't have base bodies done. The half-orc was the last thing my first modeler did before he went MIA.

I'll look into that tool. It could be a good option for this stuff, as depending on what other clothes the characters are wearing, some vertices may need to be pushed around to make it optimal. The default will only be good in a lot of cases, but there will always be edge cases.

JBR-games likes this.
  39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Will need armor before being animated. But...SKELETON!

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 8.49.48 PM.png

Astarorr likes this.
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

These will not be released as part of the subscription, since right now they're just props unless you use a tool to rig them to a character. Once they're set up w/ the humanoids (Human, Elf, Half-Orc), the package will be updated, price likely raised a bit.

* 5 modular armor models
    * 4 unique textures created in Substance Painter
    * Painter source files included

These haven't been tested, but they say they can rig and animate things:
    Puppet3D may be able to -- it's a rigging asset, so if it can copy a rig from the human over, then that may work.
    UMotion Community (and Pro) seem to do the same thing.
    SkinTools sounds like it may work

Armor1.jpg Armor3.jpg Armor5.jpg Armor2.jpg Armor4.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    hungrybelome and JBR-games like this.
  43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Do you know what this is?

Its the elf in the human armor.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 8.40.38 PM.png

44. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi I'd like to have a strafing left/right animation but I do not see one for the rpg character. I tried to import the pbx into mixamo but it failed - do you have a something with strafing pre done, or can you advise on how I get a strafing animation in ?

Thanks

infinitypbr likes this.
  45. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

I don't remember which anims came with the models, because I don't personally use them.
    However:
    I have used a lot of different Mechanim animation packs from the Asset Store and mixed/matched them with several different InfinityPBR humanoid models. So far, they've all worked great. If you're not sure how to set up Mechanim animations in Unity, I'd advise searching YouTube for a Mechanim tutorial. There are some good ones there.

infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don’t think there is one. I’ll see if I can add that to the half-orc. Animations between humanoids in the series should copy.

Tools like umotion community may help too

47. JBR-games

JBR-games

Once the races are all done i hope that you do a villager/peasants clothing pack for them..

RealWyldhunt and infinitypbr like this.
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm calling it "Monster Creature", because I have no good name for it :D

But, it'll be ready soon. Putting the package together, and I'll need to add some particle effects, and I'm going to try to do a custom shader for blending the "Dirty" and clean versions of the textures.

It'll probably be a couple days with the holidays, but perhaps before christmas, just depending on how things go.

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 12.11.25 PM.png

StevenPicard and RealWyldhunt like this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Quality of the GIF isn't that great, but this is showing off the "Super Randomize" button I made for the demo. I'm including 8 textures -- 4 colors with a "clean" and "dirty" version. Theres a shader that'll blend between the two, so you can customize a bit. Then I made another shader that blends between 4 textures sets, so randomizing those values adds a bunch of looks.

But then I also added a Hue and Saturation slider.

And the super randomize button randomizes all of that plus the Mesh morphing plus randomly turning on/off some of the groups of body parts. each spike can be turned on/off etc.

SO the "Super Random" method will make everything quite random from others.

MonsterCreatureVariety3.gif

JBR-games likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr