Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

DICORD: https://discord.gg/cmZY2tH

Did you know I have a store at http://www.InfinityPBR.com?
    • You can "Subscribe" and get all new models for just $30 each the day they're released. You're only charged when a new
    character is ready to be downloaded, and it'll be instantly registered to your account.
    NEW: Now you can add a "Bonus Credit" to your subscription. For just $30, the Credit can be used for *ANY* previous package. You'll get one Credit for every pack we release.

This is a list of all the upcoming and planned packages I've got on my list. The ones closest to being finished and released will have screenshots and more details, while the rest lower on the list will not. If you're interested in adding ideas, please do so! Since I'd like to make my money back sooner than later (and with some of what I released, it'll be MUCH later unfortunately!), I want to make sure what I make is also what you want me to make.

If you have any ideas for characters, for animations, for wardrobe/accessories, please let me know by replying below. I will entertain all ideas and will certainly take on the ones I like!

http://www.InfinityPBR.com | http://www.facebook.com/infinitypbr <-- add me on Facebook please! (Though I rarely use it anymore)

Harlequin
    [Status: Waiting for Texturing / Animation]
    Harlequin is a sort of mysterious character. A humanoid, likely female, with a "clown" like wardrobe (modular). No real face, and she should be animated so that her face can stay looking one direction while the body does other things. Creepy.
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 8.55.48 PM.png

A killer Scorpion -- large and tough looking.

fisher wip.png

RPG Half Orc Pack PBR (Part of "RPG Character Pack #2")
    [Status: Being Animated]
    Similar to RPG Barbarian Pack, the RPG Half Orc Pack PBR will contain male & female bodies and a large amount of wardrobe. (I should say everything here is planned, but may not come to pass depending on how things progress)

The shared wardrobe between the "RPG Humanoids" is still in the plan.
    Caves+ Pack PBR will be a modular cave system, familiar if you've used other modular cave systems from other publishers. We will be attempting, however, to create modules that do not feel that they are built upon a grid (but of course they are), and may seem more organic.

The biggest feature which will set us apart from other caves, besides the PBR aspect (which I don't think any other cave on the asset store actually has?) is the massive texture customization. Not only will you be able to blend textures together with vertex painting, but I've developed a method of creating nearly seamless textures from any other texture map. It's going to be pretty cool.

[Status: Being worked on]
    A giant package full of buildings and props for your medieval environment. May take a while to get released, but this time I'm doing it right (I think), as I tried this before and failed miserably. Lots of shared materials where possible.

The Timeline
    Once a model starts the process, it goes through a few steps which are listed above under the name. This is the general order it goes in. Each one could take a while to complete, since I only work with a couple select artists.

1. Being Modeled
    2. In Line for Texture Customization
    3. Waiting for Animation to Start
    4. Currently Being Animated
    5. Getting Blend Shapes
    6. Being Packaged For Release
    7. Waiting for Asset Store Approval!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Upcoming Creatures
    This is the upcoming creatures I'd like to create. Some are on the priority list -- the amazing modeler I work with on these is able to usually choose what he wants to work on from the priority list. I can of course request that he focuses on one over the rest, but I like that he can choose. I'll often show a sample image that I found which kind of relates to the creature. The wish list is just ideas, nothing concrete, really.

Have an idea? Let me know in the comments below. Anyone who registers at http://www.InfinityPBR.com can vote for new packages. 1 Vote per Registered package, plus 10 votes if you subscribe to all new packs for just $30 each!

Priority List
    (By no means should this be considered what I'm actually working on...I'd like to do these, but thus far I've done only packs that aren't on this list since it was written!)
    Wasp - Large sized (4' tall?) wasp that will fly in a more "upright" position, rather than the realistic position. Should also feature a ground "hive" model, which can be modified to fit your scene (indoor or outdoor), and can be used with the wasp crawling out and back in
    Hill Dweller - Think of a Jawa from star wars. Shorter, no face, emissive eyes.
    [DONE] Skeletons - These skeletons will be set up the same as our "RPG Barbarian Pack PBR", so that clothing from the Barbarian can be used on the Skeletons and the Skeleton clothing will be usable on the Barbarians. Should feature some armor & cloth clothing pieces (like tatters).
    Genie - Male & Female variations, multiple heads, and Human Rig (similar to the Serpent Warrior) so the upper body works with other humanoid animations. Although I generally will not do any "sexy" armor in my characters, these two will be decidedly more "sexy" than usual. Will also feature a lamp, of course, and hopefully animations to go in and out of it. I'm not sure, but I would like to have both legs and non-leg variations. The clothing may or may not work with the Human character. It depends on the size of the body and all that.

Wish List
    • Human Add-On: Angel
    • Scorpion
    • Griffin (& "rider" variation?)
    [WIP] Troll
    • Human Add-On: Royalty
    • Human Add-On: Paladin
    • Human Add-On: NPCs
    • Human Add-On: Knight
    • Human Add-On: Archer
    • Human Add-On: Cleric
    • Human Add-On: Battle Mage
    • Forest Spirit
    • Sprites
    • Centaur
    • Re-Animated Monster
    • Cyclops
    [DONE] Minotaur
    • Ghost
    • Giant Rats
    [DONE] Snakes
    • Dwarves Base Character
    • Goblins Base Character
    • Hydra
    • Human Add-On: Wizard

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

DISCORD! https://discord.gg/cmZY2tH

Finished Packages
    I am very eager to update character packs when I can. I want to add new animations and features if possible, and whenever I update my standard Procedural Material graph/workflow, I'll update packs. Updates that require me to pay the modeler or animator will likely only happen if I feel that the update will result in more sales or the character has had enough sales that I'm confident I won't be losing money. Not all of the things I produce actually sell enough to make their money back in less than 3 or more years, unfortunately.

Have an idea for an update? Let me know in the comments below.

Individual Characters
    Elves Pack PBR
    Minotaur Pack PBR
    Skeleton Warrior Pack PBR
    Demoness Pack PBR
    Monster Creature #1
    Cobra Snake Pack PBR
    Medusa Pack PBR
    Bats Pack PBR
    Gazer Pack PBR
    Imp Pack PBR
    Spiders Pack PBR
    Weeper Pack PBR
    Demons Pack PBR
    Anubis Pack PBR
    Devils Pack PBR
    Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack PBR
    Serpent Warrior Pack PBR
    Mimics & Chests Pack PBR
    Gargoyle Pack PBR
    Dragons Pack PBR
    Young Dragons Pack PBR
    Rock Monster Pack PBR
    Gelatinous Cube & Sphere Pack PBR
    Slime Pack PBR
    Bone Dragon Pack PBR
    Flying Eye Pack PBR
    Bomber Bug Pack PBR
    Giant Worm Pack PBR
    Mushroom Monster Pack PBR
    Human Fantasy Pack PBR
    Plant Monster Pack PBR
    Golems Pack PBR

Non-Character Packs
    Book of the Dead Standard Shader Conversion + Textures
    Dungeon+ Pack PBR
    RPG Character Accessories Pack PBR
    Armor Pack 1
    Weapons & Armor PBR Pack #1
    Weapons & Armor PBR Pack #2
    Barrels Pack PBR [FREE]
    PBR Tools
    Weapon Trails Advanced and Customizable
    Medieval Battle Sounds Library

Multiple Character Packs
    "Discounted" means the package is not yet complete and the current price is lower than the final price.
    • PBR Hell Creatures Pack #1* [Devils Pack PBR | Demons Pack PBR | Imp Pack PBR | Demoness Pack PBR] (Only Available @ InfinityPBR.com! Add one character to the cart and click the button to add the rest.)
    PBR Monster Pack #1 [Mushroom Monster Pack PBR | Giant Worm Pack PBR | Rock Monster Pack PBR | Plant Monster Pack PBR]
    PBR Monster Pack #2 [Slime Pack PBR | Bomber Bug Pack PBR | Gelatinous Cube & Sphere Pack PBR | Flying Eye Pack PBR]
    PBR Monster Pack #3 [Gargoyle PBR | Bone Dragon Pack PBR | Serpent Warrior Pack PBR | Weeper Pack PBR]
    RPG Character Pack #1 [Dragons Pack PBR | RPG Barbarian Pack PBR]

* Due to file size restrictions, this is only available at http://www.InfinityPBR.com. Add any of the included characters to your cart, and you'll be given the option to complete the pack (and get the discount) on the Cart Page.

A note on Multiple Character Packs: The Unity Asset Store doesn't have an option for a pack being made up of other individual asset packages. So each "Monster Pack" etc is it's own separate upload that I have to put up and all that. Unfortunately, this means that there is only one upgrade price available. If you purchase any of the individual Characters, you can upgrade to the Pack by paying the difference.

But if you buy TWO of the characters, you'll still have to pay the difference between just one pack and the total. *NOT COOL*

However, my own site, http://www.InfinityPBR.com, doesn't have such restrictions. Instead, you can get the "Monster Pack" by just paying the difference between what you've already paid for the assets you own and the cost of the "Pack". If you register your purchases, the price you paid will be taken into account.

Moral of this story: Check the price at InfinityPBR.com first. Add one of the characters to your cart, and you'll be given the option (on the "Cart" page) of adding the "Pack" instead.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  4. neoshaman

neoshaman

Stealth golden axe genesis look alike would be fun

jbb1979 and infinitypbr like this.
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure what you mean (I should note that I love making games and making things in general, but I don't play too many games!). Do you have a link or screenshot example?

jbb1979 likes this.
  6. neoshaman

neoshaman

OMG golden axe is a cult classic beat'm all from the sega genesis, set in a generic sword and sorcery world, use to be popular back in a day. It was half a joke, sorry if you didn't get the reference!

You can ride animal and that's where the joke was supposed to work, I was primed by this.

Which is basically a tasty modernized golden axe!

ThatguyEin likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ahh -- I was confused by the "Stealth" part! I remember golden axe. It was one of the few arcade games I always wanted to play when I went to the movies :D

At some point I want to do a 2d side scroller demo w/ the characters -- they actually look really good in 2d Isometric view. Just not enough time to do everything I want!

jbb1979 likes this.
  8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update: We have begun the modeling for the Spiders Pack PBR.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update: An update to the Bone Dragon Pack PBR is being packaged. The update includes two new animations where the Bone Dragon crumbles into a pile of bones and is re-animated magically into the Dragon form from the pile.

The Bone Dragon is part of PBR Monster Pack #3, which is going to be updated with the "Serpent Warrior Pack PBR" as soon as the animations are done. (And they're likely going to be done tonight or tomorrow) The price will go up when the new character is added.

The update will also include the latest "Mass Exporter" and "Copy This To That" script, which make customizing textures crazy easy. The Mass Exporter, for example, will automatically export texture maps and create named Standard Shader Materials with a single click, even giving you the option to share maps when possible.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I took my nephew (6 years old) to a $5 arcade where all the games are on free play, and we played Golden Axe 2 for a good chunk of time :)

UPDATES:
    * Spider is done being modeled
    * Serpent Warrior is being packaged for release
    * Mimic Chests are being animated

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:
    * Mimic & Chests is being packaged for release. (Price goes up to $39 upon release. Get the chest package now and save $10)

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:
    * Serpent Warrior has been submitted for review.
    * Anubis is now being modeled

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:
    * Flying Eye is Currently Being Modeled

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Poll Added

In the last days of the "new" forum, I had added a poll. I can't do as many options as I had listed, but I replicated it above. Please vote! If this goes well, I'll have the modeler start whatever has the most votes next, and then replace that with a different model. I'd prefer that you all tell me what you'd like to buy, since without your purchases I'd run out my savings and not be able to pay the modeler and animations and sound guy! :D

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

A user wasn't able to post (probably left over issues from the forum debacle of last week), but has voted for Knight armor & a new one: Dragon armor for the dragon. I like that idea.

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Well.... not too many people voted it looks like! I'll probably go for the Skeletons next, then?

jbb1979 likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I was browsing the Internet and found a "Medusas Bust" model someone had made which I really liked. I contacted the artist and negotiated a license to use the model in my work. I've passed it along to the modeler I use, and if all goes well, we will be attaching it to the lower portion of the Serpent Warrior and then adjusting it from there to make it match our style, texturing it and then of course animating it and all that!

It'll either be part of a pack called "Dungeon Monsters" or "Monsters of Myth" or something like that.

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack PBR is being packaged for release. It's available as a prop right now, at a 50% discount. If you get it today, you'll get the update for free.

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack PBR is now waiting for Asset Store Approval. Once approved, the price will double. If you get it now, you'll save $22.50. Last chance.

Flying Eye Pack PBR is now being packaged for release. It will join PBR Monster Pack #2, but it will also be available by itself. The price of the Pack will increase when this character is added, but if you get the pack now, you'll get all updates for free.

PS. Have you voted in the poll yet? Probably not. There aren't too many votes. Do it now, help me decide what to make :)

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Flying Eye Pack PBR is being delayed a week -- a couple small issues were found when I was making the demo scene, so those need to be fixed before I'll release it. :)

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack PBR is now available in the Asset Store!
    Gelatinous Cube & Gelatinous Sphere are both being animated.

23. Arganth

Arganth

hope the devil is available soon too :) (even without animations)

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I thought about that, but I'm not sure if the store would even accept it. The mummy worked as a prop, but the devil may not. I do like the idea of allowing pre sales to help finance the animations -- the mummy pre sales gave about 25% of the animation cost. But I'm not sure if it makes sense for characters that don't really work as props.

Also, I'd like to find a way to get 100% of the animation cost covered in pre sales -- if I could, I'd likely do that for every character.

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Get ALL new models for just $30 each! Help fund future characters (And vote on what we start next) by signing up at InfinityPBR.com for the "Subscription": http://www.InfinityPBR.com

You'll pay just $30 whenever a new character is complete, and ONLY when the character is ready for download!

Let me know what you think about this! I'm really hoping a bunch of you like my work enough to commit to paying $30/model. Either way I'll still be producing new work, but this will allow me to better budget everything, and help guarantee that I don't run out of savings. So far, only a couple of the models have made back their production cost, so hopefully this will help change that for future models!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  26. walter_j_r

walter_j_r

I'll like to see the race of undead, like in game of throne (White Walkers), those characters are really nice :)

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool! I actually haven't been watching GOT -- I saw the first episode years ago and didn't like it. But, I googled it.

I saw some images of a guy w/o armor and the body was all taunt and un-dead like.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    jbb1979 and walter_j_r like this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The next model, Flying Eye, will be ready tonight. It'll take 1-2 weeks for the asset store to approve it, and it'll be priced at $49. You can get it for $30 as soon as it's ready if you sign up at http://www.InfinityPBR.com as a "Subscriber" -- and you'd be helping supoort the ongoing development of killer models :)

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Anubis is Waiting for Animation to Start!

30. Arganth

Arganth

thats some sick doggy :D wuf wuf

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* Gelatinous Cube & Sphere is being Packaged for Release
    * Weeper is Currently Being Animated
    * Flying Eye is Awaiting Asset Store Approval

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* Gelatinous Cube & Sphere Pack PBR is Awaiting Asset Store Approval

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

34. Chozen

Chozen

Are you planning on making a clothes/armor pack for the RPG Character pack? It would make it even more customizable.

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes. the RPG Barbarian Pack was designed to allow future add-on packs. Packs would be class-specific, like "Knight" or "Wizard" or "Battle Mage" (which is currently one of the more voted-on selections for what we'll work on next). They'd include more hair, maybe facial hair, maybe more heads, and clothing that matches the class, as well as more animations to match the class as well.

The "Equip Character" script that you'll have to use to set up the characters will allow you to bring on new wardrobe/heads etc, run the script again, and use new stuff, even in current projects. It's an extra step for the setup, but it allows for much more future expansion.

How soon I start working on it depends mostly on (1) if the voters vote at InfinityPBR.com for it and (2) if there's enough sales of the RPG Barbarian package. Ultimately it costs a fairly decent amount, so I want to make sure there is enough demand for it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  36. tchris

tchris

I personally would really like to see more clothing for it to make a mage, knight, etc. Hope you can get around to at least a few of the clothing options soon :)

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* Devils Pack PBR is Currently Being Animated
    * Medusa is still being modeled, here is a work in progress. As you can see, there are two wardrobe options, one for battle, one for more casual appearances. Textures will be 100% customizable. It may be hard to see, but the skin is more snake like. There will also be a version where her lower portion is a snake, like the Serpent Warrior. The "Hair" will of course be more natural looking, as this is an un-rigged sample so it's all sticking straight out.

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

BTW everyone...I can't say why, but if I give you one guess, I bet you'd be right...If you're thinking about the Dragon and/or the Barbarian...check out the Asset Store on the 4th (in two days)... HINT HINT WINK WINK.

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Well, it won't be a "Secret" for much longer, but RPG Character Pack #1 will be on 24 Hour Sale Sunday the 4th. (As in starting in a few hours or so)

This is the pack that contains both the Dragons Pack PBR & the RPG Barbarian Pack.

jbb1979 likes this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Work In Progress Report: Weeper

Turns out cloth is a LOT harder than I expected, to animate. We're working on it, but it's not quite looking like I had thought it may. The below image is very much a work-in-progress, as it's the first draft of a walk animation.

We are combining the animation itself with the "Cloth Physics" that Unity offers. Cloth Physics can be turned off, of course, and it'll all still work, but I enjoy the realism that comes from the more natural looking cloth. (The cloth physics is the initial test I set up too, and obviously it needs some fixing on the details, around the arms/hands)

The difficulties basically stem from the cloth needing to be "low poly" enough for games, but also being very thick -- if it were real world, it'd be one heavy robe. To flow naturally, would really required many more polygons. To offset this, and to help make the creature more "scary", I'm working on particle effects that focus players attention away from potential problem areas.

None of this should be read as me saying this character isn't as good as the rest! Instead, I'm just giving an update on our progress, a little glimpse into this one, as it's much more tricky than the other characters so far. In the end, it'll be a killer character!

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 2.45.39 AM.png

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Get all new characters for just $30 each!
    Log in at http://www.InfinityPBR.com and you can sign up to get all my new Characters & Environments for just $30 each!
    It's not quite an "Update", but it's a cool thing. I've just re-tooled the InfinityPBR.com site and now you can buy directly from my site, if you so choose. You can also sign up and "Subscribe" to all the new work, paying just $30 per finished character or environment set.

Let me know what you think! I still have to re-do the pages for the "More Details" links...but I think everything else is better now!

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* Devils Pack PBR is now Getting Blend Shapes
    * Demons Pack PBR is Currently Being Animated

43. Chozen

Chozen

Hey, my dev team is experience some problems inplementing the models. When babarian models are spawn in the game, everything is coming to a hold for 5-10 seconds and the models are consuming nearly 5GB Ram. Have anyone come with such a problem to you are had anyone reached out with similar problems? If yes, it would be awesome get in touch with them. My team is still working a solution but so far it only appears to defunction with the babarian pack :/

jbb1979 likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Questions: are you using standard shader materials on the characters?

And have you gone through the "equip model" process which is u inquest to the barbarians?

jbb1979 likes this.
  45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Devils Pack PBR will be the next release, likely tonight or tomorrow. One of the animators is moving at the moment, so has been unable to work on things. She's finishing up the Weeper, but that won't be done until early October, since she's not currently able to work this week.

She's also going to be doing the blend shapes for the Devils, but not until after the Weeper.

I have two new Swords modeled specifically for the Devils (the devil is animated to be using a sword in each hand at the same time), so I'll be texturing those today, and then packing up the Devils for release.

Blend shapes will be added, along with Concept Art, Sound Effects & Music, shortly thereafter. Basically I'll push all of those "Extra" parts to be done next for each of the artists in charge of those things.

The blend shapes for the Devils should be very very extreme -- that is, a LOT of options. The devils start w/ three head options, but each one will have lots of nuanced shapes for customizing the looks even more. The body will have all the expected shapes for size, length, muscle mass, fat belly etc.

And then the wardrobe will also have a lot of blend shape morphing options, to customize that even more.

Because of all those options, I had wanted to release the Devils only when the blend shapes were ready, first impressions and all that, but I don't like having it sit, really 100% ready to be used in games, for so long.

So there we go! :D

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

"RPG Elves Pack PBR" is being modeled. This is the first of three new species, including "Dwarf" and "Half-Orc". It's all in preparation for a package of full armor sets that have working versions on all 8 bodies (male/female of 4 species), in most cases using the same textures and materials. See the top post for more details.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

Spiders Pack PBR is Currently Being Animated.

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Soon-To-Be-Update-Maybe:

I plan to start work on Weapons & Armor Pack #2 in about a week. This package will feature another 30 objects, fantasy in style, including weapons, shields & (maybe) helmets. [The plan is to eventually have an "armor" package that feature full body armor, but not quite yet].

What kind of weapons & shields and Helmets would you like to see? It'll be a variety, and if you post links to references that'll help me decide if I should put it into the mix!

50. Acissathar

Acissathar

Two weapons I'm fond of since they're a little unique are Warglaives (from Warcraft) and Chakram (from Reckoning).

For reference: Warglaives Chakram

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    jbb1979, maxroszell and infinitypbr like this.