Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Medieval Weapons & Armor PBR Packs - Mesh Morphing, Customizable + Concept Art

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Aug 25, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Concept Art | Source Files

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/44714

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=weaponsAndArmorPack1
    Weapons & Armor Pack #1[/B] has 30 Weapons & Armor pieces in it for just $2 each! Every object has a default look, most along with a "New" and "Damaged" version. Aspects can be modified using sliders (Color, Roughness, etc) or brand new materials (Material Creator included!).

Now, almost all of the objects also feature Mesh Morphing! You can change the physical mesh and save multiple versions for your game. Often this can drastically change the look of the objects, to where they may not even look like their original form.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    (Coming Soon)
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Weapons & Armor PBR Pack #1, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    (Coming Soon)
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Source Files
    Substance Painter
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

This is a short, quick setup guide video for the Weapons & Armor Pack #1. I suggest giving it a quick watch before you install the pack, or if you're wondering what's changed between the last version and this major update (the update w/ Mesh Morphing)

In this video, I show how easy it is to morph the mesh of the models using the inspector. Not only can you morph the mesh, but you can save the values as preset files which can be loaded in the editor or at run time. Finally, you can export static meshes with a single button!

In this final how-to video, I demonstrate how you can customize the textures using the Texture Creation scenes. It's crazy easy to slightly modify or heavily change the textures, and then export game-ready textures and materials with a single click.

(Note, there is a Substance bug in all Unity 5.4.x versions -- please use 5.3.x or 5.5.x to customize textures!)

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    tapawafo, TonyLi and Gozdek like this.
  2. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Looks pretty cool, will keep an eye on it.

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New video showing how to use the Run-Time materials: Texture Blending & Directional Blood!

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Uploading for submission to the store now!

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This first version includes EIGHT objects. The next version, ready to be submitted any day now, will increase that by a bunch. The price will go up each time we add more objects, until we've reached 30 objects. If you buy today, you'll get all the updates for free :) [And you'll help fund the modelers and texture artists who are making this possible!]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    John-G and Acissathar like this.
  7. Slick_Nick

Slick_Nick

Lookin really nice

Would be awesome if you in following updates could include a halberd and twohanded mace, gonna buy this tomorrow :)

And some shields :)

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Shields are definitely in the works, trying to make sure the initial ones are all different sizes/shapes. The first two, maybe most in the end, will have sub-meshes, so that parts can be taken off to make even more looks.

I was actually thinking a halberd was in order earlier today!! And I'll throw in a two handed mace in the next batch for the modelers (so, not the next update, but eventually)

9. John-G

John-G

Purchased, and looking forward to dragon release.
    Fantastic looking assets, crossbow and standard bow would make nice additions ;)

infinitypbr likes this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Both are in production :)

John-G likes this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update being submitted to the Asset Store!

Two new Axes (last ones for this pack), Axe003 is a large, one or two handed double blade axe, and Axe004 is a small woodsman axe meant for two handed combat -- put one in each hand!

With the update, the price will go up accordingly. Anyone who buys it before the update is approved by the store, will get the new stuff (and all future updates of this pack) for FREE.

** If you already got the pack, thank you, and please leave us a rating and review! **

12. Acissathar

Acissathar

As someone who is targeting desktops instead of mobile, it is really nice to see some PBR weapons and (soon) armor. I've been playing around with the settings and have been pretty impressed so far, I look forward to the next 22 items!

I love procedural and modular assets so much. We can all have the same pack but still have totally different things in the end.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! That's the point, to have so man different options that people don't realize they're using the same stuff as other devs.

Xepherys likes this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Package updated today with TWO more axes! Next update will be submitted to the store tonight. Remember, each update increases the price -- support this work now and get all updates for FREE :)

15. Acissathar

Acissathar

Woo, more axes :) I know earlier you said that bows / crossbows were on the roadmap, is there anything else you guys have planned? Just curious is all.

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll see if I can get images of the next batch up tonight (it's 11pm my time at the moment).

I don't have specific numbers, but a couple helmets, and some shields, up to 4 of each of the weapon types (maybe more swords, though, they're likely more popular), one or two bows, one cross bow (with full motion).

The bows will be boned and rigged to our upcoming Human character, so won't be released until that is done. They'll work with other characters, but they will bend and look real with our human for sure.

17. Acissathar

Acissathar

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update 3: Coming Soon with 6 more objects!
    The price will go up to $32 when the next update is approved by the Asset Store!

* Sword 004 comes with animations for gear/teeth movement!

Acissathar likes this.
  19. justtime

justtime

Hi there! Can i use your materials and run-time blood level system with my own models?

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, if you're able to get a Position Map for the model, otherwise it won't know where to put the blood effect. The map would be an RBG height map, one channel for each axis.

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update #3 is now LIVE! Includes 6 more objects!

• Chainsaw Sword (Animated!)
    • Dagger
    • Club with nail in it
    • Large Hammer (two versions)
    • Spear
    • Shield (top part is removable, so really it's two shields -- and wood can be replaced w/ metal, so really it's 4 shields not include all the other variations you can do with different types of woods and metals!)

montyfi and KingLlama like this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Also, if you got the package, please write a review to let everyone else know that the stuff inside is kind of the best you can get! (Because, it is :D )

We're done with the modeling for the rest of the pack, will be adding the rest of the objects over the coming weeks. We'll be doing a 2nd package, but need to let this one make it's money back first -- your reviews help others know they're not throwing their money away, and help us get the cash needed to pay the modelers to make more! :D

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Just want to remind everyone, if you get this package now, you'll get all the updates for free. There are still 14 more objects before the package is complete, so getting it now is about 50% off!

24. Acissathar

Acissathar

The updates are pretty sweet. I didn't know I needed a chainsaw sword, but now I do. Reminds me of Gears of War. Why put a chainsaw on a gun, well why not?

These are all looking good, keep it up!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    infinitypbr likes this.
  25. justtime

justtime

Unity had crushed when i tried to import package, my be i need more ram ... =)

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

How much ram do you have?

I do find that the .sbsar files take a while to import -- with the weapons there's a good number of those files. I'm not sure if Unity is trying to process them at the same time they're importing or what not. Hopefully they'll make it better in the future.

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah, everyone needs a chainsaw sword :)

28. justtime

justtime

6 + ssd swap = 15. Imported, but it eats about 4gb on play sample scene. Crazy ) In dragon sample i don't have dragon model (missing prefab).

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah yeah I forgot to remove the dragon sample scene - that's meant for literally the dragon package.

Yeah the textures will load into memory I suppose, and the main procedural textures aren't meant for run time -- too many options, really no point to use that many options at run time. It's probably better to just bring them into the scene view and manipulate the textures in the inspector to see the changes -- you'll get all the options and it's just as easy as using the demo scene. (If you select the material, rather than the weapon, you'll avoid the wire frame so it'll be easy to see the object. I also like to make sure I position the game camera well some can see the prettier version in the game view)

30. justtime

justtime

Is it normal that after every SFB property change cpu goes to 50%, ram to 2gb and computing something 1-2 minutes ? On save texture unity didn't answer, cpu 0%.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure of specific stats, but Unity likes to rebuild the procedural materials often. From what I've been told, 5.2 and above fixes much of this.

However, to avoid it, we always suggest you build your textures, decide the look you'd like to get, and export the maps & materials in a new project, or at the least in a new scene, and then delete the procedural materials (not the run time ones) in your main project.

32. justtime

justtime

When i tried to save texture, unity starting computing and then doesn't answer (
    Changes in runtime material invokes long calculations too.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  33. Archania

Archania

Wow these look awesome. Very well worth the purchase.

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! Hopefully the rest, when released, will be equal or better! (Actually, one of the new shields is a favorite of mine, so better!)

If you get a chance, a review on the package is always crazy helpful and very appreciated.

(In Unity, open up the asset store window, and on the downloads panel, there's an option for rating (5 stars, I hope!) and reviewing the stuff you've got)

35. montyfi

montyfi

The same for me, I cannot export textures. Unity just hangs and does nothing. 5.2.1p1
    And to see the change after changing material I have to wait 10-20 seconds. Not every time, it seems that the first change is done quite fast, but any consequential changes took a lot of time.
    Just a warning to everyone who is going to customize default weapons - prepare to spend a huge amount of time on it, just because of waiting time.
    And this is on almost top hardware i7/32GB/GF970
    Going to write a review soon. And no, it wont be a 5 star unfortunately.

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Seems like it's a bug in 5.2 (perhaps just the patches, not sure).

Another person contacted us, and things worked fine for them when they used it in 5.1.1

Unfortunately, things inside Unity constantly change, and they certainly don't tell us about it, or give us any control over it.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Per the devs who build the Substance integration inside Unity (which is what we're using here):

"Yep, it's broken in 5.2, I noticed this on Friday

I'm working on a fix right now, hopefully it will make it to the next patch release.

Best Regards,
    Eric"

So, please hold off on the non-5 star review until then?? :D

justtime likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

UPDATE COMING SOON!
    I'll be finishing up, tonight I think, the latest update, which will feature three new objects:

Helmet001
    Dagger002
    Mace002

Will post photos as soon as they're ready. Package is being uploaded to the store right now, from Unity 5.1.

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

A user messaged me asking for more info on the setup process. So I made a video!

Xepherys, Acissathar and Archania like this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

41. montyfi

montyfi

Do you have plans to add more exotic weaponry like your chainsaw sword? I would like to suggest Assassin's Claw, Power Fists or something like that.

Xepherys likes this.
  42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No reason why not -- post your ideas here, and I'll refer to them when getting more things made! The package #1 is pretty much set with what it'll have, but #2 and so on aren't set yet. We can only include 30 per package because we would go over the 2GB limit otherwise.

montyfi likes this.
  43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  44. sowatnow

sowatnow

Thanks for the update.

Was wondering when would you add some bad a.. bows?
    That's one of the item missing so far :).

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

On it's way! They're modeled, but they're being animated and rigged to go along w/ our upcoming Human character. Realism is key for me :D

sowatnow likes this.
  46. montyfi

montyfi

Something wrong with your substances in 5.2.2 - all silver parts now black. I have removed the package and imported it back, didn't help. And it still hangs Unity when I tried to test import to bitmaps.

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There's currently a bug in one of the 5.2 versions -- the ppl who make the underlying architecture for the .sbsar files we use said they're submitting a fix to unity as of 12 days ago, so that should be fixed soon. It affects anything using substance files, not just these unfortunately.

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Latest updates from them:

It looks that due to some unlucky timing and some slightly-longer-than-usual processing time on Unity's side, the fix for the bitmap export will be in 5.2.2p1, i.e. the first patch release after the official 5.2.2 release. I'm aware that the presence of Substances in a project can cause unexpected slowdowns, and I have a patch for this but this is still being worked on with no ETA, as it changes a lot of internal stuff.

---and not 100% related to this problem but good to know - this is from the 5.2.2 release notes.---

(716513) - Substance: Fewer texture computations should now occur at the end of an asset import, which speeds up material instance addition/deletion.

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Also, silver, do you metal? Make sure there is at least one reflection prove, otherwise nothing will reflect and metal may appear black.

I learned something a couple weeks ago too -- only two reflection prove areas should overlap
    At any point. More than two can cause problems since I guess when they overlap, unity interpolates the reflection between the two

50. sowatnow

sowatnow

Great I will wait for it then ...

I can't seem to find decent bows on asset store, most of them have cartoon type texture, which is not what I want.