Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Human Character | Texture Customization, Music, Concept Art & Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

SEPTEMBER 4th: 24 HOUR SALE
    RPG Character Pack #1 will be on 24 Hour Sale Sunday the 4th. This is the pack that contains both the Dragons Pack PBR & the RPG Barbarian Pack.

2. coverpage

coverpage

Hi, I am really interest in making a purchase. I do have a question, can these barbarian models work with Lipsync pro. I need to do dialogues.

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Working on something similar -- we are going to be testing facefx for this, which means the face will be rigged with blend shapes for dialogue. I'll have to look into the product you mentioned, but the goal is to allow dialogue. We tried another package, but it ended up being like many of the great ones we've found: expensive as hell!

coverpage and JBR-games like this.
  4. JBR-games

JBR-games

Bought it.. Going to open it and test it out shortly.

infinitypbr likes this.
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Awesome! Post if you have any problems...or if you don't, so others know :)

6. JBR-games

JBR-games

Its a big asset. just waiting for it to finish importing, :)
    Cant wait !!

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. coverpage

coverpage

FaceFX is USD 899. Maybe lipsync pro and salsa are more popular in the asset store. I've been using Adobe (mixamo) fuse, it creates blendshapes and works well with lipsync pro https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32117 .

infinitypbr likes this.
  8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah, I watched their video, and I'll be sending it to my animator/rigger who is working on this. My hope is that both have the same setup as far as shapes go. If so, it'll work with Lip-sync Pro -- and then we can have a "Face Off" :D

coverpage likes this.
  9. JBR-games

JBR-games

ok just took a quick look through and the models all look great ... I do have a few missing script references and a few missing textures in the dragon riding scene. not really a big deal. I haven't read through the docs or watched the videos yet to start customizing, hope to do that tonight.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

One thing -- customize in 5.3.4 or 5.3.5.

There's a bug in 5.4.x where the exported textures have " (Clone)" added to the name. When the mass exporter is used, which is crazy helpful for this package, it adds the text over and over so you'll get textures with tons of " (Clone)" in the name. It also means the script option of sharing maps won't work right.

The Allegorithmic devs are working on a fix, but it has to go through the process and won't be available until a future unity version. The initial 5.4 releases will never work right with it :(

Super annoying.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    JBR-games likes this.
  11. JBR-games

JBR-games

Im actually 5.3.5f1 i think,

Only seems to be an issue with missing texture in the dragon riding demo. Cloths and dragon reigns are pink ,so no worries. I may try to reimport it again just incase it was an importing issue. All the characters and dragons really look great , super happy with it !!!
    After i play with customizing a bit ill be picking up your weapon pack in a few days.

And likely some monster packs soon as well.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool cool! I'd expect the pink just to be an oversight on my part. The demo scenes are supposed to have the exported textures (not the procedural materials) on them, but its possible that through the pipeline those got missed. Looks like it's jus the textures though, nothing else.

13. GambitMonkey

GambitMonkey

First off how the heck did I miss the sale on the 4th?

From what I have been reading about your character packs is that you are adding in the morphing and customization options similar to Morph 3D. I have been playing with their lite packs for a week or so now and they have some interesting stuff.

However if that is the direction your packs are going I might hold off and see what you come up with as I always love your products.

Some questions though will we be able to make customized clothing and props for these characters? One drawback from Morph 3D is that you cant customize any of the addon packs. You get what you get.

This is exciting either way. I am working on a game now that randomizes weapons and allows the user to customize their characters. Your weapon pack is high on my list for the weapon piece due to the customization available. I am hoping that your characters will be the same. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't know how??? :D

The "Mesh Morphing" I'm doing isn't quite the same as Morph 3D -- idk how they do it. We're using blend shapes, and I've written a somewhat simple script that organizes shapes that have the proper name into a list of sliders. It also is able to recognize (Based on the name again) shapes on other objects that need to "match" the primary.

This way, when a user changes "Bicep Size", the armor above the bicep will also change. The result is good, and so far we haven't had any major problems with using this system, and it gives a lot of morphing ability.

The human will get this upgrade, but I'm holding off to make sure the artist who is doing the implementation gets more practice with easier, simpler models first. After the upcoming "Devils" pack, which has a large amount of armor, I should feel confident enough to have her do the human.

One thing I go back and forth on is whether modifying the humans face enough will make a workable "elf" or not. I'm siding with having a custom elf body/face right now, since I think it'll give the artist more control over how the elf should look...but I do know that the Morph system purports to allow a human to turn into an elf and other creatures.

JBR-games likes this.
  15. JBR-games

JBR-games

Works been really busy, and unfortunately i still havnt really got to dive into docs, setting up and exporting characters.
    Out of curiousity is there any finished prefabs w/png maps in the kit i could use to test my character controller with ?
    Thanks

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm maybe the demo characters. When I update packs I'm making sure the initial Demo Prefab has the exported textures on it. I can't remember if that pack has had that for sure or not.

However, the exported maps download should have the materials too, so you'll just have to replace the materials on the Demo Prefab if it's not already like that.

JBR-games likes this.
  17. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    I bought the package ( Dragon + Barbarian ).
    If I open Dragon Ride demo scene, there are missing material on character and even on dragon.
    I am using Unity 5.4.x

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be updating it all with some new animations shortly, and will check it out.

If you plan on doing texture customization, you'll need to use 5.3.4/5, or 5.5.0b6+ ad there are bugs in 5.4 that keep my script from working right with the exporting.

antoripa likes this.
  19. antoripa

antoripa

Thanks fpr your prompt reply ... really important ... Customitation is fine so far.
    But I need as soon as possibile the fix for a demo. Can you give me your ETA ?
    Support is oustading like your packages ...I think that I will buy all them ,,,

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The quickest fix would just be to bring the materials onto the objects. You can download a lot of game-ready textures/mateirals from www.InfinityPBR.com (login & register the package). That'll be the quickest fix, as I'm at a conference today and tomorrow.

21. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    any update about the fix ? I would like to have a full working package. Thanks

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I won't be able to get to this until tomorrow. But, you do have a full working package :) You just need to bring the materials onto the objects. They are in the project right, the materials & textures?

23. antoripa

antoripa

No prob .. I need by Monday or Tuesday ...
    I could fix by myself, but there are a lot of materials and many missing in the woman rider.
    Thanks a lot.

infinitypbr likes this.
  24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

If you go to www.InfinityPBR.com you can download the fixed demo scene: DragonRiderDemo.unitypackage

There is also an updated DragonsPackPBR.unitypackage file for the Dragon, which has the four new animations. Be sure to have both the Dragon package *and* the human barbarian package installed before you bring in the DragonRiderDemo package, since it requires those materials etc to work right.

Let me know if there are any problems :D

antoripa likes this.
  25. antoripa

antoripa

I am gonna do.

infinitypbr likes this.
  26. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hey just checking in to see if there was any progress towards getting some shirts made for these guys n gals.
    Thanks

Tethys and infinitypbr like this.
  27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We are working on elves, which will have shirts, and the plan is to make all wardrobe fit all bodies, so the elf shirts will fit the humans too

28. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

Any time frame for when the elves might be released? Just a rough estimate would be appreciated, so that we can somewhat plan accordingly. Not that I wouldn't like to have the elves first, but wasn't there a battle mage that was supposed to be in the works next, or am I thinking of something else? Either way, I'm really looking forward to both.

I guess while I'm asking, is there any relative release dates for blend shapes for these figures? Again, not trying to pin you down to any specific commitments; just trying to get an idea of when things might be available. I'm currently working on another large project that will take some time to complete, but I keep coming back here to see when the rest of the content I'll need for my next project might be released. ;) I'm really looking forward to getting back to work on my medieval fantasy RPG. Skyrim SE's recent release has made me all the more anxious to get back to it.

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm always anxious too, and if I could, I'd have t all out tomorrow :)

It's tough to say anything solid, because nothing ever works out as planned. Sometimes things are done super fast, sometimes super super slow. The base elves should be done soon -- hair, bodies, head -- with the human wardrobe morphed to match their frames.

That *may* be "pre-released" at InfinityPBR.com for a discounted rate for those who are interested, but won't have unique wardrobe yet. It has to be rigged, to really be usable, so it may not be as fast as I'd like -- but once rigged, it'd work with the human animations.

Then I need to find a new modeler that can specialize in wardrobe.

There was supposed to be the battle mage, but more people were asking for "full armor" sets, which can only work if they're set to fit a body. It just made more sense to focus on three more races (Elves, Dwarves & Half-Orcs) and as they're done, make each of their default wardrobe sets work with the rest, and animations too. Then I can create a full armor package that would have things like "leather Armor" and "Plate Armor" etc, with each set morphed to fit all 8 bodies (male/female, 4 races). They'd all use the same textures, however.

But none of this can be said to be done at any given time with any confidence. Suffice to say, I'm wanting to get it done soon. I also need them to be done for my own game :)

TeagansDad and JBR-games like this.
  30. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

Fantastic! Tomorrow then ...
    :p

infinitypbr likes this.
  31. JBR-games

JBR-games

Im trying to use some basic mecanim animations with the characters and im having an issue with the faces. The mouth and eyes do weird things. Any ideas for work arounds. I havnt worked with animations to much but was thinking maybe a could make a layer for face animations ?

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You can make a face layer, of course. What's going on w/ them though, can you show a screenshot or video?

(I may be slow to respond this week ,as I'm @ the Unite conference)

antoripa likes this.
  33. drorelith

drorelith

Well you got me on this mostly cause of your future plans. I wasn't going to because it doesn't really match the clothing I want in my game but your plans for future clothing between the races give me hope.

34. JBR-games

JBR-games

https://www.dropbox.com/s/caqpwdcennckv5m/mouthOpen.PNG?dl=0

Sorry for the late Reply, issue with the mouth hanging open with mecanim animation

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I had a similar problem using Mixamo animations with another character set from the asset store a couple years ago. There was no solution from that producer. I hope i can do better :)

But, where are the animations from?

36. JBR-games

JBR-games

Its the base animations from Third person controller.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Illl see if I can figure it out. For. Ow, have you tried using an avatar mask for the face, and set the idle animation to that? It should override whatever is happening from the other animation.

38. JBR-games

JBR-games

No i have not yet. I figured that might be what i had to do. But if there was an easier work around that you had i wanted to try that first.

39. Dhoren

Dhoren

Hi,

I am using Unity 5.4.2f2 Personal edition.

I'm having an issue with the prefab that gets created using the Window->SFBayStudios->Equip Character script.

I've tried this multiple times but have the same result each time.

These are the steps I used keeping it simple for test purposes:
    1. Add HumanFemale_Body to a scene

2. Add the following to HumanFemale_Body:
    Female_Head_A
    Female_Eyebrows_A
    Female_Eyes_A
    Female_Eyes_Reflect_A
    F_Undergarment_Bottom_A
    F_Undergarment_Bottom_B
    F_Undergarment_Top

3. With the HumanFemale_Body selected I run the Window->SFBayStudios->Equip Character script.

4. I drag the time stamped prefab from the Equipped Characters folder to my scene and then drag it from my
    scene to my resources folder that I use for my project.

The issue occurs whenever I instantiate this as a Gameobject the HumanFemale starts out either green or purple
    and very slowly starts assembling itself before it finally looks the way it should approximately 10 to 15 seconds later.

Also after I stop the scene from running a "Hold on" message pops up and I see an SFBay message doing something withe the HumanFemale.

If I use the Human Male Demo or Human Female Demo from your SFB_Human_Demo scene as prefabs I don't have this problem. They instantiate quickly and I don't get the "Hold on" popup when I stop running my scene.

If you can help me solve this issue I'd be very grateful.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Sounds like the procedural materials are still on the model, and they're basically writing as the level loads. They're not meant for run time, though, so you'll want to use the pre-exported materials on your in game objects.

* please be aware there is a unity-wide bug for all .sbsar files in 5.4.x which will keep my export scripts from working. For making customers textures, it's best to do so in a new project, and to use 5.3.4/5 or 5.5.x

I'm guessing r please wait dialog is unity re-loading the sbsar files, which it does randomly sometimes, and I'm not sure why. But it'll happen less and less if you don't use them during run time (and my suggestion would. E to actually only include the procedural materials in your texture creation project, and do not bring them into your main project at all).

Finally, you don't need to worry about the time stamped prefabs if you don't want to. They're there more as a backup, but you could simply drag the model from the scene into your preferred project location to create a new prefab -- once you do the Equip Character process, the character in the scne is ready to go and can be made into a prefab as well.

41. Dhoren

Dhoren

Hello again and thanks for your response,

After your reply I installed Unity 5.5 and upgraded the project to that version. I also read up a bit on .sbsar files.

This is where I am stuck: The docs tell me that after I equip my character using the steps I used in my original post that my character will be ready to go but your reply said I need to use pre-exported materials instead but I can't figure out what those are. I assumed they would be prefabs like the ones used in the SFB_Human_Demo but I can't find any. I am pretty sure I am supposed to generate them. I tried exporting some materials using the SFB_Human_TextureCreation demo but that generated materials that I don't know how to use yet, no prefabs.

Also you mentioned that I should not even include the procedural materials in my main project. Does that mean I don't need to import the SFBay Studios packages into my project to use them? Can I just export prefabs from them and import them into my project?

That said, I love your products. I've purchased 4 so far and subscribed to purchase new ones as they are released but have not gotten past this stage yet. I need a little push in the right direction.

infinitypbr likes this.
  42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks for subscribing, that is *very* helpful! (To those reading, you can sign up at http://www.InfinityPBR.com to get all of my new character/environment packages for just $25 the day they're released, regardless of what the regular price will be. Basically you get a huge discount (often over 50%), and I get a set of fans and a better budget to work with)

Main Project vs. Customization Project
    You don't need to install the "Procedural Materials" folder into your main project, as you won't be using those in your game and as you found out, Unity sometimes likes to reload them for no good reason.

The customization project should be just for customization, and you can install the entire package there. Once you've produced your textures, you should export those as a .unitypackage (right click the files you want, all of them selected at once, or the folder they're contained in, and choose "Export Package", make sure to uncheck "include dependencies" on the window before you submit to export.) In your main project, you can then just double click that to import the textures/materials.

Procedural Materials on the Prefabs
    Looks like I led you a bit astray. For my latest stuff, I'm making sure that the Prefabs are "Game Ready", that is they use the regular pre-exported textures & materials. However, it's been a bit since the Human package got an update, and I haven't updated it to have that yet. So it looks like the Procedural Materials are currently being used by default on the prefabs.

Exported Textures
    The default textures should be in your project already, however. I did a bad job of organizing these. The dragon & human barbarian will both be getting updates soon in which I'll be fixing these, but for now, you can find the Equipment textures/materials & the body textures/materials at the following paths...

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB_HumanBarbarian/Equipment/[Name]/
    Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB_HumanBase/Demo Files/[Name]/

However, instead of making you do it, I've done it and I think this file should update all your prefabs -- but you may want to make sure the textures are at the paths above, I'm not sure if it'll work otherwise. But in my copy, the main project, I've updated the prefabs to use the exported default textures, and the package here is just the prefabs (so anyone else who downloads it, there isn't anything for you to use :D )

http://www.infinitypbr.com/HumanPrefabFix.unitypackage

Let me know if that works!

Andrew

TeagansDad and Dhoren like this.
  43. Dhoren

Dhoren

Andrew,

Thanks! I imported the HumanPrefabFix package, created a new character and ran the Window->SFBayStudios->Equip Character script. After that I was able to instantiate it and it works perfectly. As for the other topics you covered I still need to give those a try but I wanted to get back to you and let you know that this worked and I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I had been using your demo male/female but I am at the point where I want to try to make new textures & skin colors, try your other wardrobe packages and the WeaponsAndArmorPack1 so this will help me move forward with that.

Thanks much!

infinitypbr likes this.
  44. Dhoren

Dhoren

Andrew,

Just a heads up, I can't build my project. It's not able to compile due to errors in the SFB_CopyThisToThat.js and SFB_massExporter.js scripts. I don't know yet if it is the HumanPrefabFix package or the new version of Unity that I installed earlier. I'll let you know.

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh yes, just moce those files to the "editor" folder -- or delete them as they're only used for texture customization.

Dhoren likes this.
  46. Dhoren

Dhoren

Thanks again,

I moved them to the Editor folder and problem solved.

infinitypbr likes this.
  47. Dhoren

Dhoren

Hello again,

I tried this and it worked. It comes down to the fact that I am new to Unity. Previously I had been trying to import prefabs as assets which doesn't bring over the things that the prefabs are dependent on. After reading your post and then following up by reading Unity documentation as well I exported the folder containing the prefabs I created in the RPG Barbarian Pack as a package and imported that package into a new blank project and I was able to use them. I did have to include dependencies as I needed the files for everything to work.

Thank you again!
    barbarians.png

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Awesome! Yes, the "export package" is almost always the best way to get files to and from Unity, as it'll also save many settings that aren't kept on the actual .fbx or other files.

One other trick, though -- if you're ever updating a model or a .sbsar file and you don't want to re-link it, find it in your desktop and replace the actual file directly, without deleting it in Unity. In almost all cases, Unity will simply start using the new file, and all the settings, changes, links etc will stay, saving you tons of time.

49. Dhoren

Dhoren

Hello,

I just felt like showing my progress with the barbarians. Yesterday I was able to get hairstyles, hair color, eye color, head variations and skin tones implemented in my character creation screen, character menu and in game. Each character is connected to my standalone server. The locomotion and animation triggers etc. work great. Next I'll work on armor and weapon combinations.
    barbarians_2.png

infinitypbr likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

TeagansDad likes this.