Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Human Character | Texture Customization, Music, Concept Art & Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. jovino

jovino

The yaw is a common "problem" in every character, I am not talking about that as you know.

From the same animation pack:

upload_2020-4-18_14-16-11.png

And it's not only this pack, is every humanoid pack I have from you. Maybe I should ask for support on every thread with a screenshot like this?

2. jovino

jovino

This is how looks the same animation in another character with right skinning (Mr Neructus), the arm bends in the wirst not in the middle of the forearm (crazy).

upload_2020-4-18_17-14-27.png

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Confirmed with the publisher of the RPG Animation pack, they did not include a jaw in their animations, which is why the jaw is constantly open, unfortunately. It's an issue with the animations, not the rig/character :(

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hair updates coming soon! I've contracted with a shader artists to bring hair that works in Built-in, URP, and HDRP, with plenty of hair-centric options to customize the hair for YOUR project. Updates will be coming soon :) Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.21.14 PM.png

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  5. klarkitgames

klarkitgames

First of all I love your products.
    If I import the Half Orc and Elf pack into an empty project, make a character the way I need, make a prefab and then export with dependencies my prefab is has no character in it. What are the steps to export prefabs so I can import into another project?

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm -- so the object imports but the mesh is missing? Make sure the meshes are included in the exported .unitypackage.

You'll likely want to include the entire Prefabs, models, textures, materials folders. Include sound effects too if you plan on using those.

7. klarkitgames

klarkitgames

Okay thank you for the quick response

8. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

I have a human model, with the Human and Elf wardrobes. If I try to wear the Shirt (Elf) with the Pauldron and Spaulder armors (Human), the shirt shows through the armor in some places. This is particularly noticeable from behind with an over-the-shoulder view.

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, depending on the various pieces, you may have that happen -- even among the individual packs, not all wardrobe works perfectly with each other. Some assets on the store say they can delete faces, though, but that likely won't solve all of it.

10. greatowq01

greatowq01

Hi, could you tell me how to modify the characters' height?@infinitypbr

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Height / length of limbs etc are more limited. That type of modification affects bones, which is far more complex than adjusting other aspects. One option is to make the entire character taller (do this on a parent object, so that all children, like wardrobe, are affected), and then use the blend shapes to make the character less bulky, which could help sell the effect.

12. greatowq01

greatowq01

Thanks, i will take a try.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a video showing how to equip the Armor Pack 1 models onto the human

14. p87

p87

hey mate, I see in the Human pack Asset Store page it says there is a new hair shader that works in URP? I've upgraded the materials to URP, but I still don't see any hair in the package thats working in URP. What is the process for getting that set up? Thanks!

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi, yes -- the shader is "AV/..." in the shader list, as the author I contracted with set it up under his initials.

16. PeteXZ

PeteXZ

Hello, I just imported this package and loaded some of the prefabs. The hair and eyebrows/eyelashes don't have materials assigned, and I'm a bit unclear what I should be using. I found all the HumanDemoHair materials but they don't seem to work right, they just come out as solid colours which cover the whole mesh, not strands. I would expect there to be an alpha texture so that the mesh would define the overall shape, and the alpha would create the appearance of hair strands.

Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Can you share a screenshot? And can you confirm which render pipeline you're using?

18. PeteXZ

PeteXZ

The project I was using is just a dummy one that I use for trying things out, so I don't know what state the render pipeline is in. I created a new HDRP project and that doesn't show any of the materials—screenshot attached as you asked.

Is there any written documentation for the package besides the READ ME file that gets installed automatically? I feel I could probably solve these problems without bothering you if there was a document that explained which render pipelines are supported, and anything you need to change to get it working on a specific one.

Similarly with my other project, most of the materials showed up but the hair had no assigned material. That's not a problem in itself but I didn't know what material to assign to it. There was lots of choice and none of the options seemed to work well, but there may well be something simple that would sort it out.

I hope this doesn't seem too negative, I love the asset and just want to get these odd issues sorted out so I can use it. :)

Attached Files:

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Officially only the standard is supported out of the box. Start there, if you could.

URP and HDRP will work fine though. URP can use Unity's built in updater -- all the standard shader materials will update. HDRP will have to be done manually, basically select a lit shader you'd like to use for each material, and you may need to repopulate the maps, but the textures required are all there.

The hair material does come with a URP & HDRP shader variant, which will need to be selected. Go to the hair material and choose the "AV/...." whichever shader variant for the pipeline should be visible, URP or HDRP. The project is set up for the built-in pipeline, which is why it's best to start there if you're just checking it out.

If the hair is unassigned when you bring it into a new project, I'd like to better understand why, as it's of course set up with the hair assigned. The hair material is in the shared folder under /InfinityPBR as it's shared between multiple characters. Should be "Infinity " and "Hair" in the name.

20. PeteXZ

PeteXZ

Hi, hope you had a good Christmas and thanks for your help before the holidays.

I set up the characters with the standard graphics pipeline, and now I'm back to the original situation. Most of the materials work but not the hair. I'll attach a new screenshot.

I don't have any files with "Infinity" and "Hair" in the name, and I just noticed that the material shows as "Missing (Material)" so I'm wondering if those files didn't get installed on my system for some reason. I only have the base package installed, not any of the five bonus packs. Is that enough or do I need to install some or all of the bonus packs too?

What is the exact name of the hair material? If I know that I can double check that I really don't have it.

Attached Files:

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! Can you try re-downloading the human pack? It may be that the folder w/ the shader was missing. Sorry for the hassle.

22. PeteXZ

PeteXZ

Thank you, I downloaded it again and it's all working now. :)

infinitypbr likes this.