Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Human Character | Texture Customization, Music, Concept Art & Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Thanks!

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all!

The Elf Fantasy Pack is now available at InfinityPBR.com, and you can use the Human Fantasy Pack wardrobe with the elves! The elves have versions of the wardrobe fit to their bodies, rigged and animated, so you can share wardrobe between the two :)

Working on the Half-Orcs as well, and when complete, all three character sets will be able to share wardrobe with each other. I'll be updating the Human Pack as soon as the elf wardrobe is ready to be used on them :)

Check it out: http://www.infinitypbr.com/index.php#elves

00029.jpg HumanWardrobe.jpg

hungrybelome and JBR-games like this.
  3. JBR-games

JBR-games

Does this mean that we can use the elf clothing with the humans as well ?

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Eventually — the elf clothes have to be rigged and animated with the human animations so it’ll take some time.

Next step is half orcs which will work with human and elf clothes out of the box. Then the elf can be updated to work with half orc clothes and the human can be updated to work with both elf and half orc

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  5. Censureret

Censureret

Hey, @infinitypbr I have a huge problem when trying to add skinned mesh to the Human character model.

They are just not visible.

Here is an image of my setup that you can see:

upload_2019-4-3_13-57-17.png

I am actually using the skinned mesh provided in the pack (male_Hair_long)

The skinned mesh component looks like this:

upload_2019-4-3_13-57-51.png

I have also tried with other skinned meshes and was unable to make them work.

Can you help me out with this?

6. songjiekun

songjiekun

quick question. can eyes and lips be animated? make them blink and speak.

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We've tested it a bit, but didn't come up with something that worked w/ Unitys current (undeveloped) solution. The rig could be modified, but it would depend on how the animation is planned -- from what I understand there are multiple methods, and they aren't always compatible.

It's more of a future thing, I think, depending on when a viable solution comes available through Unity.

The eyes can be moved though, for scripts that do eye motion etc.

8. NightcoreLV

NightcoreLV

got problem with bone rotations, the spine align rotation seems something wrong, any fix?

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh that is one weird looking pose! I'm not personally familiar with how to edit bone rotations in Unity. I'm assuming that you're using another humanoid animation, is that correct?

I've heard from others that there is a way to modify the bones on either the animation or the rig, but honestly that's not a part of Unity that I'm familiar with.

10. JBR-games

JBR-games

Looks like you are using IK code or another asset store package to aim the character ? If so, any info on that would help.

11. NightcoreLV

NightcoreLV

yes, im using Combat Frameworks from asset store
    look position is a vector 3 position, and the spine is look at the vector3 position
    that means the spine forward position need to be X or Y or Z vector forward, and the asset works with all my other humannoid characters
    but this human pack seems not works so well,
    the rotation of spine is:

look like Y is the forward position, not problem, just set Y to forward position, BUT, as you see the X axis also incorrect.

:(:(:(

12. Oryor

Oryor

Hello i love the look of the asset and was wondering if there are any good tutorials for setting it up, im new to animations and models but am looking to setup this asset in my scene, any advice or walk throughs for this or animations/models would be greatly appreciated!

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not sure if any of these will help, but I have some tutorials on my youtube page:

JBR-games likes this.
  14. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi! Picked up a Pack - Amazing work. I need to update dragon but I cant get on your site because I don't receive the "Email Confirmation". Any way to get me hooked up. Thanks!

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

PM me your email and I'll see if its in the system

16. zeb33

zeb33

Hi, any news on being able to use facial blendshapes for dialogue? (I use lipsync pro)

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I tested briefly a system that I heard Unity was working on, but it didn't work out well -- wasn't realistic. I really want a built-in system, as it costs a lot of $$ to set something like that up for me, as I have to pay someone to do it, and there's the humans, elves, and soon half-orcs too.

zeb33 likes this.
  18. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. I'm getting an error with blendshapes. I'm testing on the latest unity download on your website. I've also attached a pic of the error. It's an index out of range error when editing the Human Male Demo (v2) body blend shapes. The last blend shape in the body list is ChestSize but it doesn't have a slider to adjust values. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Attached Files:

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Shoot -- looks like that value has a "Plus" without a "Minus" so the script is freaking out.
    I've updated the script, attached, that'll fix it. You may have to reload the blend shapes (Green button, on the bottom of the inspector), which may reset your values.

Attached Files:

JBR-games and RPowers like this.
  20. RPowers

RPowers

That was quick. Thanks!

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No problem! I'm not sure how that slipped passed me before.

JBR-games likes this.
  22. Notso

Notso

I sent a private message before finding this page.
    Your website support goes to the wrong page.

Unity Forum - Error
    This member limits who may view their full profile.

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm thanks for the heads up. I just clicked it and it works for me, so I'll have to dig deeper to figure out what's wrong.

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Human | Half-Orc | Elf

The Half-Orc face can be morphed to be more like a human or an elf. And with the human wardrobe (left) and elf wardrobe (right), there are likely tens of thousands of combinations, not even including customization of the textures with Substance Painter.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 10.04.28 PM.jpg

JBR-games likes this.
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

26. givizator

givizator

Has anyone managed to get those characters working with Mixamo animations ?
    If I download mixamo animations and use them with the character, it's completely wrong.
    On the other hand, if I rig the character in Mixamo the animations looks OK on their website, but it's messed up when I import those animations, I assume it's because the rig is different.

I've also tried plenty of animations from plenty of assets packs from the store, and everything look really off with that character, while usually OK with other characters I have bought.

I'm pretty noob in 3D, so I might be doing things the wrong way.
    How are you guys getting those characters to work with other animations ?

Thanks.

27. songjiekun

songjiekun

hi @infinitypbr
    it looks like some of the character mesh (body) has overlapping uv. it looks like a big simple mesh above the body mesh. can you fix it?
    Screenshot_1.png

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure what you're seeing -- I've made the textures in Substance Painter, they don't have overlapping parts. Is there something else that may have happened?

29. songjiekun

songjiekun

@infinitypbr i use a mesh analysis tool to analyze the human character mesh. i found the uv mapping for female is like Screenshot_1.png which has extra lines cross through the whole map , which perhaps make it overlapping.

however uv mapping for male is like ScreenClip.png . which is perfect no overlapping.

so the female mesh make it impossible for me to make texture decal on it because of the overlapping.

can you make the femal mesh uv mapping just like the male one without these extra lines.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not really sure -- I've never seen this before, and in the past few years that it's been available, no one has mentioned any issues. I don't see any UV on top of the female.

31. songjiekun

songjiekun

@infinitypbr

Please check out the new screen shoot. there are truely some overlapping , we can see it on the 3d software.
    "there's clearly some kind of box whose UV here that overlaps everything."
    Screenshot_1 (1).png

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

the modeler found the issue and should be able to fix it

JBR-games likes this.
  33. songjiekun

songjiekun

Hi can you tell me when the modeler can fix it? My project kind of depends on it.
    Many thanks.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Will send a PM

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The next major update for this pack is coming soon. We're at the final testing stage, where I add everything into the project and make sure it all works as expected. We are updating the hair (much higher quality), and also adding the Elf & Half-Orc wardrobe to the pack, so that if you have all three, you can use all of the wardrobe on the human, mixing and matching to create the look you'd like for your project.

I don't have an ETA, but this is the final step before release -- there will be some things that need to be fixed during this step, so release isn't imminent...but it's coming soon.

36. songjiekun

songjiekun

@infinitypbr
    good to know. don't forget the UV issue :)

37. jovino

jovino

You are limited to the provided animations as characters are not really mechanim compatible, the author seems to ignore any complaint about it, and looks like nobody cares, so I gived up years ago :)

JBR-games likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They should be compatible. Not sure why they haven't worked -- would be interested in finding out. I definitely care.

39. Drenyn

Drenyn

I keep having an issue with the rigging I presume as well. Trying to use 2 different third person controllers (Invector and Opsive) provides the following look for characters.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Can you check the bone structure on the mouth/head? Looks like the mouth isn't acting right. You may also want to check on their support channels, as I'm not sure exactly what they do.

41. Drenyn

Drenyn

Yeah I can fix the bone, by going into the muscles and removing the jaw bone. The issue appears to be with the rig for how he is standing and walking, as I've used about 7 different animation packs from the asset store and all of them have this same problem. The only time I don't have this problem I've found is if I just swap out the "Idle" animation for the one provided in the pack. Unfortunately that isn't a great resolution because I don't want to be limited to just using these animations. Love the pack overall everything looks beautiful, just wish I could use it. :(

JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm interesting. Could you apply an avatar mask just for the jaw, and apply the one that works to that mask only?

43. jovino

jovino

Great, then you can answer to my question, I am waiting yet! Maybe you found time now? :)
    https://forum.unity.com/conversations/animations.499210/

44. JBR-games

JBR-games

as someone who has purchased most of your assets...
    I must say the fact that your rigs dont support general (basic) animations is both fustrating and disappointing... this has been asked for years..the provided animations dont cover many needed aspects. you really should look into this and have it fix.

also another question can clothing be moved between elf orc and human yet. i tested the latest release and there didnt seem to be extra clothing options.

jovino likes this.
  45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The new prefabs will have the wardrobe already attached, and you should find the wardrobe in the project as well.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 3.42.16 PM.png

JBR-games likes this.
  46. JBR-games

JBR-games

great !!
    i looked through the demo scene clothing presets but didnt actually look at the hierarchy of the prefab...

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The issue seems to be that the other animations do not animate the jaw bone. I tested with the popular RPG Animations pack.

Here you can see one of those animations, and the Jaw close is set to 0, which is "open".
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.29.19 PM.png

This is one of our human animations, where the jaw is not open.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.29.37 PM.png

My guess is that the other animations are meant for characters that do not have mouths that open?

A solution would be to modify the animations to adjust that value to 1 instead of 0. Puppet3D may be able to do it, or UMotion which is free.

It looks like it's basically not something I can fix on our end.

48. JBR-games

JBR-games

wouldn't it be better for everybody else to set the rig up for the 0 or 1 to be closed instead of open? the eyes roll behind the head as well...

I really like all the work and designs you've done but, I'm pretty sure this is a rigging issue not an animation issue , in the fact that your characters don't work with any other animations, kind of says that you're missing the mark not all the other animators...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    jovino likes this.
  49. Acissathar

Acissathar

I can't speak on the eye issue, but the jaw thing is is a pretty common issue for a variety of animations and rigs. Googling Unity Mouth Open brings up tons of results, and multiple threads that are years old.

It's a pretty common result of trying to retarget animation to a generic rig without some set standard (like UE does) on what bones need to be where. The RPG Pack for example doesn't even have a defined character with a mouth, so it's unlikely the author even looked at the value.

DAZ, Mixamo, Reallusion will all have this open mouth with these animation packs too, it's not just an Infinity thing.

I'd argue this is a tweak that you as an end user need to make to fit your use case. Are you going to use mouth animations? Then you probably need to use layers anyways for facial animations, so you'll be in there editing things anyways. Are you not going to use them? Then delete the mapping or write a small LateUpdate script to reset the jaw.

To me it's like the feet being off when using a Mixamo animation with any other human rig. It's not mixamo's animations being wrong, or the initial rig being wrong either, it's just a result of automated retargetting that needs to be cleaned up manually.

infinitypbr likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

From what I can tell, it's basically what @Acissathar says. If the other animations weren't written using a character with a jaw, the animator simply may never have thought to animate that value, which is why it's 0 throughout the animation.

I do think it's illogical for 0 to be "open", rather than closed, but it is what it is on that.

It would be possible, I think, for each user to re-map the bone or employ other tricks as mentioned above. I can't do that on my end as it would remove the mouth motion that we have animated.

JBR-games likes this.