Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Human Character | Texture Customization, Music, Concept Art & Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I hope to get a similar file done for the male tomorrow night and get this out maybe right after for you all!

JBR-games and Acissathar like this.
  2. JBR-games

JBR-games

Great... Once we get a few shirts /pants / dresses options, this is going to be a absolutely awesome pack.. ( not that it already isnt ) Have you migrated the code for this to c# now also ?

RealWyldhunt and infinitypbr like this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The code is proving a bit more tricky, as I"m getting stuck w/ some RAM issues and the .sbsar loading. Mostly because I'm trying to make the code better at the same time. If it works, then it'll be great, as the code will automatically convert the files to .png for you and overall just be easier to work with.

JBR-games likes this.
  4. JBR-games

JBR-games

When do you expect the unity asset store version to have mesh morphing ? Do you get any fast-track privileges now ?

infinitypbr likes this.
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I get the opposite of fast track privileges :) In order to ensure that there are no unethical things going on, even perception of it, any manual thing I simply don't do or can't do, even if it's something others do, like the curation team that does the approvals. A couple of them have found out that I'm a publisher, but the others don't know at all.

It'll be available on my site first.

Actually.... It's on my site now. I haven't had time to check it to make sure it works right in a new project, so I haven't yet announced it. I'll hopefully be able to do that tonight, but if you want, you can download the HumanFantasyPackPBR.unitypackage file right now.

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  6. Sovogal

Sovogal

You do know that we're now badly in need of wardrobe packs, right? Day 1 purchase.

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all,
    For those of you watching, the files currently on infinitypbr.com work fine, and have the mesh morphing. The update is taking longer, however -- as some of you may have realized, whenever I update things now I make sure the source files are available, and often I'll create new textures, or updated textures, for the characters.

I've been busy making the human textures better. There's a lot of small skin improvements, especially for closeup looks, and I'm adding a bit more realism, including body hair. All of this can be adjusted in Substance Painter (there are multiple versions of the body hair, for instance, like the male face has stubble, but also has options for facial hair with three areas covered.

However, i have to pack -- tomorrow I head out to the Unite convention in Austin, so I likely won't get this finished until next weekend.

beforeafter.jpg

8. Acissathar

Acissathar

More options is always going to be sweet!

I haven't yet watched the new video on the blendshapes so this question may already be "answered." I'm getting back to my project using the Infinity stuff, and after having been out of it for a while I'm kind of overwhelmed on where to start.

Is there a nice 'clean' place to start and tweak / hook up code into the blend shapes, or is that something that will be coming later? (Either a mini tutorial or the actual ability later) Currently all I can see is a prefab with everything on it, and I'm not sure what can be taken off or how to go about tweaking it at runtime, or in the Editor to save for use.

Thanks!

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, off the top of my head, there should be some commenting / instructions in the code for the blend shape script. If you have any of the characters where the blend shapes are in the demo itself (Something I stopped doing, as it was really time consuming to set up and not the best way to show what they can do), you can check the code there.

I'll see if I can make a written out tutorial on it at some point.

Acissathar and JBR-games like this.
  10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Update Very Soon!

(Also these are on sale [30% off!] for a few more days only at InfintyPBR.com and the Asset Store!)

I'm very happy that this update is nearly complete. I've got to sleep for now, but in the coming nights (maybe just one night), I'll be able to finish up the packaging of this, and make it available this week!

The improvements:

* Mesh Morphing - each gender is fully morphable, with the three heads from before built into the same model. Just use sliders to modify the characters to make them unique!
    * Updated Textures - the body textures are now much more realistic, presented in 4k.
    * Substance Painter Files - for the bodies, the textures are available in Substance Painter, so you can more easily customize the details. The projects are set up nicely so you can even just turn on/off features like body hair, extra skin details, or moles etc.

Let me know what you think!

humanupdate.jpg

11. antoripa

antoripa

That is really great ...

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. Dhoren

Dhoren

This is why I'm a subscriber. Amazing work Andrew.

infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all! You can now download the latest files at http://www.infinitypbr.com

I've broken up the downloads into multiple parts. The main download is the game-ready files. The rest are for customization, and should be downloaded by all users, but you don't need them if you just want to use the demo prefabs right away.

I'm going through and making the videos -- I've decided now is a great time to make more in-depth tutorials on each aspect of the packs. However, I need to update all the scripts to .cs as the Asset Store is no longer accepting any asset or update with .js files, and soon they'll be removed from the store entirely if they include .js files, since 2018.x doesn't work with .js.

So....that'll take a bit of time! I did a bunch of the smaller scripts already, but the bigger ones like the Blend Shapes script will take longer. Since that's a priority, I'll be doing that and making videos as I go along, so that I can get it on the asset store.

However, the update is live!

Important: Make a backup of your project! Just in case. You'll need to replace your human characters with these new prefabs, since the model files have been updated. Animations are the same, and textures can be the same if you choose. So any animator controllers you have set up will work with the new characters just fine.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all,

I've finished the "Mesh Morphing" tutorial, and mostly posed all the models for the fancy pants images I like to make. That'll be finished tomorrow hopefully.

It's more impressive to see the changes as they happen in editor, but the still images may give a pretty decent idea of what can be done.

faces1.jpg

JBR-games likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

16. Acissathar

Acissathar

Really looking forward to grabbing these and seeing the videos as well. If you need any help with the conversion just holler, I'm sure others would be willing to help (I would for sure)!

JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! If I get stuck, I'll post for sure. I need to keep up and beef up my C# skills though, so converting it will be good. Maybe I can make improvements on things in the process.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

19. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

Just purchased this, however I got from the Unity site. Do you offer the availability to download the updates from your site even if we purchased from Unity asset store

20. Dhoren

Dhoren

@Foodstamp Yes you can. I bought the barbarians from the Asset store and I can download them from https://www.infinitypbr.com. I think you just have to register the invoice on the site first.

Foodstamp likes this.
  21. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

Whenever trying to download from the Infinity site, the download always fails after a few minutes. Anyone else had that issue?

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It all comes from amazon web services, but some connections are more fickle about that than others, esp. in australia, I hear. I'm working on updating the scripts to C# basically non stop right now, so once that's done I'll be able to update the asset store version.

23. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

Will this work with version 2017.2 or just Unity 5? I get a couple errors and a ton of warnings

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

it'll all work in all versions going forward, 5, 2017.x, 2018.x

25. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. I LOVE the look of these models, but I'm having a little issue. When trying to use animations from other packs on the store the arms look oddly bent for most animations. When inspecting the body avatar for the female it looks like the hand bone is too far up on the forearm (see photo). Is it supposed to be that way? A different human model I have has the hand bone right by the wrist where you'd think it should be, not halfway up the forearm.

Attached Files:

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Interesting -- can you send in a private message an animation to check out?

I think the fix is to adjust the avatar to have "palm" be the bone for the hand, but I'd have to see the animation file to know for sure.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.05.27 AM.png

Open up the avatar, and click the "Base HumanRForearm3" to locate it. The Palm is the next bone down the hierarchy, so it'll be easy to find then.

There's a chance the shoulder, and the hands, and maybe some other bones could use some adjustment as well. They'll all work w/ my animations, but if the bones are off a bit, then other animations would likely look funky.

27. RPowers

RPowers

I replaced the hand bone with the "palm" bone and the animations look fine now. There was some issue with the finger bones when I made the replacement. Some error saying "not in t pose" and the finger bones appearing in red, so I deleted the hand bones to get rid of the error. So I guess the finger's aren't hooked up but the palm is. For my needs that's fine though. Thanks for the help!

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Glad that worked!

29. Dogtanian

Dogtanian

Hi - I've been trying to put together a village scene populated with your excellent characters, but have hit huge performance problems. With separate skinned mesh renderers for every single bit of clothing, hair, eyes, eyebrows (!) and so on, the FPS plummets when you've got several on screen at once as it's all done on the CPU with no batching etc.

While the model is truly amazing if you just want one customizable character for low FPS scenarios, I'm really struggling to get a performant game using them. Even just having LODs for the human characters (as you have for your monsters) would help here, but more than anything there needs to be some way of merging all the different options into a smaller number of simpler skinned mesh renderers (e.g. at a distance, you don't need to have all the different hair strands separately animated!). Can you please let us know what your plans are for optimizing in this respect?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  30. JBR-games

JBR-games

You may want to try something like mesh Baker where you can bake all the skin meshes together into one material. The downside here is you will lose texture resolution as all textures will be baked to one sheet and you'll have the whole model use one material ( at least when you bake the materials / textures together) but if you use them in a LOD --swap out to the standard character when they're nearby it shouldn't be a problem.

31. kenamis

kenamis

@Dogtanian
    You could also use the UMA system, this is what it is meant for.
    Here I converted the armor to the default UMA male model, but you could also make an UMA race out of the InfinityPBR human models (that is significantly more work though). Also, uma supports blendshapes.

upload_2017-12-27_20-11-22.png

jovino likes this.
  32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've not done anything like this before, so idk if this is the right direction. However, I added a Mesh Renderer and Mesh Filter component to the Gladiator Belt to test this out, and populated the materials on the Renderer and the mesh on the Filter.

Then I turned off the skinned mesh renderer. To keep the belt from staying in it's place, I attached the belt to the bone structure of the human. It looks about right. The wardrobe that bends with the animations, or moves with some kind of physics simulation etc won't work, I'd think. But it should fix any issues you're having with too many skinned mesh renderers?

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 12.24.07 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 12.24.02 AM.png

33. Dogtanian

Dogtanian

Many thanks for the quick replies everyone - I'll give these a go and see how much extra perf I can squeeze out.

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

I'm happy to see this is getting some love again - and also with the move to C#. What are the chances of seeing some armor that covers them a little bit more? They do have nice bodies but perhaps a little vulnerable given the environment I'm putting them in ;)

RealWyldhunt and infinitypbr like this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The elf wardrobe is being modeled now, I think this time is the time it'll actually get finished. There will be versions that fit the human base bodies, but likely won't be morphable, at least not at the start (it costs a bundle as it takes so long to get them all working properly).

That wardrobe will be full coverage.

JBR-games likes this.
  36. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

I'm very excited about this:) Morphing is not a big factor for me at the moment.
    I bought this pack a while back but didn't get any work done with it because I was used to using legacy animations, and also had some issues with the demo scene on my computer. I think since noone else has reported these problems it might have been my graphics card driver or something.
    There was also a bit of a learning curve working with these, because it's a bit more complex than just dragging a prefab into your scene and writing a small script for it.

I downloaded the updated pack from your site a few days ago and yesterday I found the time to load it in a new project. The issues I had before are gone and the demo scene works smoothly.
    I remember before there were also some issues with gaps between body and head meshes for the lower poly LOD versions - didn't get around to checking if this has been resolved. The full-size mesh might be too high-poly for me to use in an online RPG when more than a couple of players are visible.
    Since then I finally got around to tinkering with Mecanim last week and found that a big showstopper for me in Mecanim - the unability to set the speed for individual animation states - had been addressed. So I updated my locomotion/animation scripts to support Mecanim.
    I can't wait to finally get these characters in my game and work on runtime customization.

infinitypbr likes this.
  37. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

How possible would it be to get normal .fbx versions of the models and/or the rig?
    I'd like to make some minor changes to some clothes, and add 2 more bones to the rig for my game, but I'm nowhere near rich enough to afford Max.

infinitypbr likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Does the .fbx not work? I'm not sure what you'd need -- what is the difference between the .fbx in the package and one that would allow you to do what you need, vs the rig available at infinitypbr.com?

39. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

The rig that I downloaded from infinitypbr.com only gave me a .max file. It's nearly impossible to open or edit a max file without 3dsMax. Blender and such can't do it.
    I did find the model FBX files, so those are working for me.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool -- yeah, the model .fbx comes with the main package of course. I don't know what else I would be ale to provide to help you out -- is there anything?

41. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

I got everything sorted. Thanks.
    If you want to add yet more 'extra value' to the package, I could use a sss/thickness map of the models though. I'm fairly sure they are easy to bake out if you have the Autodesk suite. It's likely not too hard with Blender and X-Normal. I just don't have any skill with blender. The dual uv's/textures confuses x-normal, and I'm unsure how to disable them in blender to get x-normal to bake out 1 Sub-Surface Scattering map at a time.

If you added those textures to the package, then we could use it with advanced lighting shaders such as Lux, and your models would look awesome. I desperately want sss maps for the dragons (for their wings) too, but that's a different thread... :p

42. jovino

jovino

Can you consider fixing the skinning so humanoid clips (Mixamo, Necturus, Opsive, Explosive...) don't deform the arms (because losing finger bones is not fine for everybody).
    Your animations are fine in these models because they are custom made to these chars, but the characters are not really mecanim humanoids...

43. JBR-games

JBR-games

By Opsive you mean the TPC ? Ive used those animations/controller with the these characters and they did work with one exception.. The eyes and mouth.. I think there may be a setting your missing ?

jovino likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Can you try adjusting the bone structure for those animations? Perhaps one or two of the bones are off, as in a wrist bone is on the arm or something like that?

jovino likes this.
  45. jovino

jovino

Yes, I tried that too, the problem with that solution is you need to restrict so much the wrist, the animation ends being out of position.
    I've only detected that wrist bone being off, but it breaks every combat animation in my library.

46. jovino

jovino

Concerning that jaw, disabling the bone in the avatar works wonderfully with Opsive animations (as he states in his documentation).
    Can you test any of the knife animations and look carefully the attacking forearm? :)

JBR-games likes this.
  47. JBR-games

JBR-games

After trying to make the opsive TPC work finally gave up after a handful of months there's just a bunch of things that he does that I didn't care for. and have since moved over to invector.

48. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. Just curious if this pack has LODs for the models. I'm using Automatic LOD to create LODs but even with that the models are pretty heavy on the vertex and tri count. Thanks.

infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They do not. I use "Mantis Online" (free, google it, not the asset store) to do it, which produces pretty good results, and keeps the blend shapes intact.

Houdini, I hear, is the best way to do LODs. Though I haven't tried it myself.

Ultimately I stopped providing LODs because i realized that each project would be unique, so the exactly amount of reduction would really depend on the project. Providing LODs only limited some users who had never done anything likethat before, as they were still stuck using my LODs instead of whatever worked best for their project.

50. RPowers

RPowers

Ok thanks. I was able to reduce the tri count of the fully clothed male to about 27k and still have it look fairly high detailed. 27k isn't cheap compared to models I've looked into with UMA (10k-15k), but then again the quality of this is higher so that's probably about where it should be.

infinitypbr likes this.