Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Human Base + "Barbarian" Set [Now Live!]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by infinitypbr, Jun 24, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming Soon...

Human Base will be a Male & Female human character, 100% Procedural. That means you can adjust the skin tone (including fantasy colors like green or blue or what not), turn on/off various faces, add scaring, tattoos and more. Humanoid rig for use with animations you already have and brand new, realistic animations will be included.

Also included with the Human Base will be weapons, armor & clothing for "Barbarian" characters. Each piece will have multiple models, and each one of those will be 100% procedural. You won't be stuck with just a few looks to choose from!

Future plans call for additional packages with items for Wizards, Knights, Monks, Archers, Rangers, NPCs & more.

Follow This Thread To Stay Updated!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    kittik, midian808, John-G and 2 others like this.
  2. l0cke

l0cke

Using base character in game requires hundreds of pieces of equipment, male +female, so unless you modell it all, usage of such character in real game is very very limited. So wouldnt be better to use UMA? Does not make much sense to reinvent wheel. You can just add your own textures, equip or body mesh and you will have advantage of instant access to UMA users (with already decent asset base, so somebody can really use it in game).

Tiny-Tree likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We're looking into UMA. However, we like the look we can achieve by modeling it ourselves. Personally I've never been impressed with any UMA characters. I've seen the way they can change ,and that's cool, except often they are changed in ways that make them look unrealistic, and the base character doesn't look too good to begin with.

CrisisSystem likes this.
  4. l0cke

l0cke

a) Base character is quite good, only textures suck. How you morph the character is only up to you. There is also high poly version of base body and photoscan textures, which gives totally different level of quality. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14658
    b) If this is still not enough for you, you can make your own body mesh, you only need to rig it on UMA rig (skeleton) to be compatible with UMA scripts.

Any character system is made from two parts. First is content (meshes, textures, animations...), second are scripts. It is considerable ammount of code to ensure proper equiping, mesh merging, texture atlas generation, character morphing, various performance optimizations...
    With UMA you have automatically second part and to be UMA compatible you only need to rig your work on UMA rig (skeleton). So it gives you no limitation, only advantages.

And from the point of view of customer, what will you buy/start using? Base model with big user base (more help), several contributing artists, finished character scripts and lots of content, or model from one artist without scripts and with 10x lower number of content? And you also risk, that when this autor decides to stop contribute or instead of all promised equipment he does only part, you are in trap?

5. Archania

Archania

Looking pretty mean.. keep at it.

6. milox777

milox777

I think it's a pretty good idea. Keep at it, I will definitely buy when it's ready

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. Acissathar

Acissathar

Same here. Fortunately I won't be needing models for a bit, so I'm in no rush. Take your time and make it great :)

8. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I'm excited to get my hands on these! Keep up the great work!

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a video tutorial on customizing the textures. In it, we change the textures from the default (as in the screenshots so far), to one with a white/blue & gold metal look. I go through the process for two parts of the outfit, and then speed the video up for the rest so you can see the changes as well as all the outfit options available.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not only can you modify the existing textures, you can replace them completely! In a new tutorial video, I'll show you how you can replace the pants with fishnet stockings, one leather for another leather, and even the entire body of a model with zombie skin or even creature scales!

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not only can you customize all the textures, you can also completely replace textures with brand new materials. We do that three times in this video.

Acissathar likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a new speed video showing the texturing customization. It took me 57 minutes to do this, and it included changing textures completely, rather than only HSL/C changes.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey! Demo scene is ready!

There's a couple animation errors we're fixing, but this demo is full featured!

Please let me know what you think! Like, reply to this thread. Not only is your feedback helpful, but your reply also bumps the thread up, and this particular forum usually pushes threads to the 2nd page within 20 minutes! So the bumps help me out! :D

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The reason I started producing assets was for my game "The Barbarian". The Human set is a very important part of this ( and is why the "Barbarian" outfit & animation set is the first one that's included with the Human Base package!), and the video below is my first WIP for the new Character Creation screen. The game never really gets too close to the character, but in this scene, the character is front and center, and this one is MUCH better than the humans I had before, which never looked that good close up.

The Barbarian is made in Unity 4.6, so this is NOT PBR :) Instead this is the package exported to work with Unity 4.

kittik likes this.
  20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016