Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you couldn't join the live stream, take a peek at what you missed.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Gargoyle Pack PBR - Music/SoundFX/Concept Art/Mesh Morphing/Texture Customization

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, May 16, 2015.

1. Velo222

Velo222

Thank you. I didn't know the gargoyle textures were 4K originally, that's great to know. Thanks for providing those files and for the info. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  2. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I bought the Monster Pack 3 a while ago, looks totally great, thanks for these :)

I just added the GargoyleHumanoid Demo prefab to my game and added my own KI script.

I can set the Animation to Statue, and it already has that Stone-Looking texture, that's great.

When I wake him up, can I set the Leather-looking texture from the Animation demo Video somehow?

And if it is instantiated, it there a script already to randomize it's values already so each Gargoyle Looks a Little bit different?

Same Questions for the Weeper, if it is not the same handling :)

Thanks a lot! Great Looking Monsters are These, I cannot wait for them to bash my Player char :)

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Should be all the same. For randomization, the "SFB_Blend Shape Manager" script has a "random" function -- just call that when it's instantiated. Just set the min/max sliders to what you're comfortable with (the extremes can cause funky looks), and set the ones you want to randomize to "random".

For transitioning from a stone texture to another, you've got two real choices. One, you can simply switch the texture out via code. It won't be a smooth transition though. An alternate of this, if you have any emissive cracks etc, you can blow out those values so the player sees a "flash", and in that moment, change it out, like it's a magic spell or something. Like the start of this:

2nd option, if you get Shader Forge or amplify shader editor, (or use the new shader graph, which should be able to do this, I think), build a shader that has a slider value between two sets of input maps. Then you can just change that value over time to transition.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  4. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks a lot for the Infos :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  5. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I have successfully integrated the gargoyles and the Serpent warrions to my game. They are Looking great!

But I have a Problem: When I am in a area including gargoyles, I hear them shouting all the time, starting once a second Maybe... and never stopping.

In the SFB_Audiomanager I have put Breaking points to find the source and in all my Sound playing routines I found.
    They do not hit, except for some Wings and Walk Sounds.

But if I put a breakpoint into SFB_Audiomanager.UpdateVolume this one hits and Shows me the playing Sound is "Garg_Vox_3" in there.

From where is this Sound started? Why is it Always repeating? Maybe I did something wrong with my gargoyles, but I cannot find it, they fly and walk and beat up my Player...

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Off the top of my head, I'd check the animation (Idle?) events and see what's being called. You can delete the events there to remove the audio entirely.