Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Dungeon+ Pack PBR

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 10, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update is coming along nicely. For those who don't know, I'm currently re-doing the entire pack. The models will stay the same, but there will be a bunch of new pieces, and every piece will come with a default texture. The default texture will be the "Damaged" version of the "Dark Stone" texture set. There is a "new" version as well, and you can use a slider to blend between the two to get the look you want for your dungeon. Plus of course all the regular adjustments like hue, lightness, reflectiveness, dirt, grunge, damage etc.

walltorch.jpg

Acissathar, Sovogal and Adrad like this.
  2. durundal

durundal

Hey, I just picked this up, so far it's amazing. My only comment is that it might be nice to have an option for "nice wrapping"? Here's what I mean by this:
    Currently if I generate a tile floor texture, it only wraps nicely with itself. It would like the option to force the edges for all seeds to be able to wrap with any other seed with the same texture parameters (or even if I could ask it to generate 4-5 textures that wrap together nicely, that might be enough). I understand it would probably have a cost in not being quite as nice/random, but I think it is worth living with in selected scenarios.

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. For instance -- do you want to make, perhaps, 3 different "brick" pattern, with some of them wider than others or something, so you'd have instead of one material for the wall, 3 different ones?

This may be a moot point, however -- the next update, which I'm working on finishing up -- will be a huge update with completely new base textures (you can of course still create your own), as well as a vertex layer shader that will allow you to paint dirt etc. So if you have 3 walls all with the same base brick layer, you can paint dirt and what not on top of it, breaking up any patterns you see.

4. jakejolli

jakejolli

Any chance to get 2 or 3 premade textures per model instead of just one? I love this pack, but I find my computer a bit lacking to effectively make my own textures using it, and until I'm able to upgrade, it would be nice to have some variation in my textures.

I've had the pack for a few months now, and have only been able to successfully create a single texture (it took pretty much a full day). The wait times when adjusting sliders is just brutal for me, I'm talking 15+ minutes sometimes for a single setting change. And it always takes at least that long to load the project (which only contains the Dungeon+ assets).

And just FYI, if you're interested, it seems to be my RAM that's the bottleneck. Often times, while working with Dungeon+, I'll see that my RAM is being used completely, often totally locking up my computer. I have 8GB, btw.

I guess, while I'm writing this... is the behaviour I've described normal given my specs?

CPU: AMD A8 5500
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 960 (or 970 maybe, I'm writing this from another machine)
    RAM: 8 GB (DDR3 I'm pretty sure)
    1TB HDD
    Windows 10

Despite these specs, I think some of my hardware is starting to die on me (my mobo in particular), so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm curious if you or others see similar lag though.

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That seems extraordinary by far. There is the option, in most .sbsar files, to lower the resolution. Bringing it down to 512x512 should help. (you can increase it to 2k when you're ready to export, if you'd like too)

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Music & Sound Effects are both now available for download from InfinityPBR.com

The Unity Package will be updated with them when the new models/textures are ready.

TeagansDad likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I got myself a full time job, so things are progressing a little slower than i had hoped. However, I'm now in the process of creating the demo scene for the update, which includes making sure all the vertex layering shaders are working as expected etc.

Here's a simple preview showing the small sewer grate -- a new piece, as well as some of the pipes.

8. hopeful

hopeful

Congrats on the job! We all need to eat ... occasionally. ;)

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

....this took way longer than it should have.

More work to be done, but you get the idea maybe....

TeagansDad and StevenPicard like this.
  10. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Really looking forward to the upcoming big update. I would like to use this pack for a procedural dungeon below a castle but for that it would need more meshes / props.

As people already mentioned round walls / stairs would be really cool to give it a better look.

Also typical dungeon / cave props would be cool. Like tombs, skulls, stairs, tables, broken things etc. to give the dungeons more life.

Do the textures like walls and floors come with Heightmaps?

I suppose the price of the pack will increase with the update?

Cheers
    Ronny

infinitypbr likes this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The price will likely go up, yes, not to where it will eventually be, but the update will feature music and sound effects as well.

Height maps are based on the textures. I need to check but I don't think all of the current ones I have up have height maps, but many do. Height maps are required for the vertex blending, and the shader uses a combined "Metal-Height-AO-Roughness" map, to make use of all 4 channels in the Metal/Rough map. There will be a .sbsar tool to combine separate Metal/Rough, Height, & AO maps into one, and textures in the demo scene will have that by default.

12. EvalDaemon

EvalDaemon

Textures not working as of 2017.3. Some basic materials work, but the sbsar extensions don't. I installed the Substance Designer Unity plugin but it doesn't, help I think it's just intended for buying materials from their site. I also don't see any working Substance Designer third party plugins on the asset store, maybe I'm missing it and someone can point me to one. Thanks. In the meantime can we get an update of the textures without PBR?

"Build-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity3 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1. you will need to install a suitable third-party external importer from the Asset Store."

13. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen there, but I think it's going to be a free substance toolset in the store that is maintained by Allegorithmic. Or something like that.

14. montyfi

montyfi

Pity to see this asset is abandoned. Almost a year without promised update.

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

I don't think it's abandoned. It was updated June 19, a month after @infinitypbr said an update was coming.

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah, not abandoned -- but with the changes coming in 2018.x I realized that I was about to do a lot of work that would likely be made obsolete.

SBSAR
    They should still work in 2017.3, but if they don't, best bet is to just use an earlier version to do texture customization. At some point there will be an extension produced by Allegorithmic that will allow them to work in 2018.x, but until that's released I have no idea how my scripts will work with them.

I just updated most of my packs -- haven't gotten to this one yet though -- to include only "Game ready" files in the initial download. At http://www.InfinityPBR.com you can download the "Customization" files for each package, which includes the .sbsar files and when applicable the concept art and layered music. There is also a stand-alone package for "Customization Scripts" - -the tools that make it easier to customize the .sbsar files -- for 2017.x and earlier. There will be a similar package for 2018.x, once I figure out how to work with whatever it is that comes out of these changes.

Shader Graph
    There is also an upcoming Shader Graph. One of the big changes - the biggest change actually -- of the Dungeon+ update would be shaders that work with vertex painting, flow mapping, etc. That'll make the dungeons much more realistic, as you can paint dirt or wetness etc onto the textures. Originally i was going to do that with Shader Forge, then I started to use Amplify Shader Editor, and while I was learning how to use that, it came out that Unity would produce their own method.

And in 2018.x, custom shader may simply not work anymore. So any work I did would likely be incompatible. As soon as Shader Graph is released (I hear it should be in beta soon), I can start seeing how that works, and building a custom vertex paint-able shader for the pack.

There is of course a lot of unknowns about these big changes in 2018.x. I hope that Unity can find a way to make the transition as seamless as possible for publishers and end users. I personally don't like the idea of having to support multiple workflows at once, but that's the way it seems like it's going to be, for at least a year.

Acissathar and Sovogal like this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm going to try to get an update out tomorrow -- It'll all be standard shader stuff, but it'll be better portioned out. The demo level likely won't be too extensive, as I'd have to build it, and I want to do that more "real" when I have the shader stuff done. But it'll show the new pieces, which I think are all quite nice. The alcoves, the pipes esp.

mons00n, montyfi and hopeful like this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Uploading the files now -- they're available on InfinityPBR.com. Still need to remove the old files and make a demo video, though.

dungeon2.jpg

19. Sovogal

Sovogal

Andrew, this is great. So happy to see you supporting the asset with additional stuff. Maybe pop that well you teased (medieval pack) into the props folder?

20. EvalDaemon

EvalDaemon

I didn't realize there was README buried in one of the folders and you had to make the textures. I would recommend moving that README up to the root. Thanks.

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What do you mean, the medieval pack?

I think you're using the not-latest version. The Asset Store hasn't been updated yet -- that takes a while to get approval. If you download the package from InfinityPBR.com, the latest version has pre-made textures all ready to go. You can still make your own textures, but it's optional, with the two extra packs available for download there.

Texture Customization
    For some reason the exports isn't working right. I'm going to solve that tonight, after I get back from work. Found out while making the video.

22. Sovogal

Sovogal

Mostly that was facetious. I just really like this well.

Shawn67, infinitypbr and Acissathar like this.
  23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah yes, that pack. I need to finish that one.

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Package is Updated, new version as of 1/8/2018 @ 11:30pm PST (basically right now....it's uploading as I speak).

Demo scene, a quick one that's pretty rushed, is below. For those used to the "Mass Exporter", this pack uses a new exporter tool which is better and easier, and uses Scriptable Objects so you can save your export selections and revisit them later. Check the video for usage, maybe half way through that part starts.

Please let me know if you've got any questions. Unity version will be submitted tonight or tomorrow, but may take a bit to get approved. The one on my site will be uploaded in about 30-60 minutes. (The version it's replacing didn't have the new exporter scripts, so if you got that yesterday or earlier today, get this new one)

25. Fairennuff

Fairennuff

Didn't see it asked so I'm curious.

Does this asset work in deferred rendering? And in VR? I assume yes since its just models and textures but i know some shaders specifically use forward.

thanks!

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's all standard shader for now. I've put off the big update until after 2018.x is out and I can figure out what the new shader graph means, rather than do it all only to find out the custom shaders won't work. But for now, it's all standard shader for the main textures. Any of the custom shaders for vertex layering etc, I really don't' know if it'll work for mobile, just haven't tested it.

27. Fairennuff

Fairennuff

just a QQ. When you generate a custom texture via the scene, does it generate a new material or is it just a substance (.sbar)? The reason I ask is I'd LOVE to use this utility for my game to quickly generate varying walls, etc. But I tried doing so with a substance in my scene and my frame rate went down the hole.

Thanks!

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah my .sbsar's are meant to not be used at run time, as they're really really really heavy.

For run time stuff, I actually prefer to use shaders, if you get Amplify Shader Editor (I used ShaderForge, but they're not longer updating their asset), you can make blend shaders that let you blend via sliders to add things like dirt or age etc.

And use the .sbsar materials to generate the looks you want to blend between.

JBR-games likes this.
  29. Fairennuff

Fairennuff

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to generate anything at run time. I just mean, While I'm designing my level, if I want to generate 2 or 3 similar textures via your material creator scene, do they export/create materials I can apply or do they stay Sbars even at runtime? I can't afford sbars in my scene at all.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah, yes, they export to standard textures and materials. My suggestion is actually to create a brand new project for texture creation/customization, so that your regular project doesn't have to import any .sbsar materials.

31. Fairennuff

Fairennuff

Exactly what I hoped to hear! Thank you!

32. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I'm back trying my luck with Unity. I just got a little fed up with all the code errors every time I load an assets, seemed to spend more time trying to fix things than doing anything I install the new "3D Game Kit" and have managed to get a lot tof the Studio assets in and theres a couple of tutorials (tho not easy to follow) for retargeting. Here's a dump thought lol hint hint a couple of tutorials for using the Fantasy characters and dragon rider with that kit might pull a lot of new learners in to these products <grin>

Anyway to the point as I don't code and have to learn some basic's it seems, like it or not, I brought Bolt but

I need to fix this in a welcome script, do I need the script or it that jus a user note?

Assets/SFBayStudios/Editor/SFB_LoadWelcomeDungeon.cs(6,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `Startup'

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  33. JBR-games

JBR-games

Its fairly easy to find programmers maybe you should bring one in on your project. Im sure you could bring in some competent intermediate level programmers especally if you can build up some nice looking scenes.. Infinity's assets definitely help get you one step closer..

34. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

@JBR-games Thanks for the sugestion, tho as a retired hobbyist I'd be wasting that persons time and probley not have the funds with my Goverment pension to do that tho I do like Unity cept for that whole issue installing assets

JBR-games likes this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You can delete the offending script. What version are you using? I may need to update the script.

36. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

The one on the asset store. I have updated all my assets store assets so I gues it's upto date, Dungeon Pack 4

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah, I meant what version of Unity. There have been some pretty big changes recently, and maybe I didn't catch all of them.

38. dienat

dienat

Your scripts dont work at all cause all UnityScript is not supported anymore in the last Unity version, i had to delete them all and if want to make any change must be done in earlier versions

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

For the .sbsar files, I have not updated them for 2018.x yet. Substance files are no longer natively supported, and the Allegorithmic plugin, "Substance for Unity" is still in beta and has had many changes in the past few months. I won't be updating those until the plugin is stable. However, your main project can be in whatever version you'd like -- simply download 2017.x if you'd like to customize the textures . The .sbsar files aren't intended to be used at run time anyway.

JBR-games and hopeful like this.