Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Bone Dragon PBR Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Feb 25, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of PBR Monster Pack #3. Get Bone Dragon Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Gargoyle Pack PBR | Serpent Warrior Pack PBR | Weeper Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/59119

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=boneDragon

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Bone Dragon Pack PBR goes perfectly with our living Dragons Pack PBR, having the same size. He features a custom made default texture as well as the ability to use a custom texture you may already have such as stones, metals, woods & more. Fully animated with realistic physics.

He also features a killer animation where he falls apart into a pile of bones, and one where he magically reassembles.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Bone Dragon Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Breathe Fire
    • Death
    • Fire Head 1
    • Fire Head 2
    • Fly
    • Fly Attack
    • Fly Backward
    • Fly Breathe Fire
    • Fly Death Loop
    • Fly Dive
    • Fly Fast
    • Fly Glide
    • Fly Got Hit
    • Fly Idle
    • Fly Static Saddle
    • Got Hit 1
    • Got Hit 2
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Look Back Left Loop
    • Look Back Right Loop
    • Run
    • Tail Whip Left
    • Tail Whip Right
    • Walk
    • Walk Backward

Source Files
    Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

Demo of the demo scene

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. imtrobin

imtrobin

looking good

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Finishing up the PDF etc, and will be submitting this to the asset store today. There's a couple animations we haven't done yet, but plan on doing -- specifically animations where the dragon crumbles into a pile of bones and one where the pile of bones, under some magical force, assembles itself into the dragon, hopefully bottom up or top down or back to front or something like that.

Because of this, expect the dragon to start out on sale. It'll also be part of Monster Pack #3, which will be available at the same time. The pack will come with the Gargoyle (upgrade available for those who already have it), and will eventually also include a "Weeper" character (weeper statue, but this moves!) as well as a Serpent Warrior. (Think body of a human, lower body of a snake, face of a snake/human hybrid, with arms and armor & a weapon). Get Monster Pack #3 when it comes out, and you'll get the other two for FREE, as the price will go up when we add each monster.

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Animation Demo Video!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization demo!

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Submitted to the store today!

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Bone Dragon & Monster Pack #3 are now live!

Monster Pack #3 currently contains the Gargoyle PBR & the Bone Dragon Pack PBR. It will be updated with our "Weeper" horror-statue character (don't worry, it moves!) and the "Serpent Warrior". The price will go up with each additional character, but if you buy it now you'll get the updates for free!

If you already purchased the Gargoyle, perhaps when it was on 24 hour sale, you can upgrade to the Monster Pack #3 for $20!

[Pro tip: The Bone dragon is $10 off right now, but the upgrade price doesn't take that into consideration. So you *could* buy the Bone Dragon and then upgrade to Monster pack #3 and still save the $10...]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update coming soon!
    New "Texture Creation" Scene w/ "Copy This To That" & "Mass Exporter" editor scripts. The first makes it easy to customize the look of the Bone Dragon. Customize just the Skull and the Horns, and click one button to copy those settings to the rest of the textures!

Then, click ONE BUTTON to export the texture into a Game-Ready Standard Shader Materials, all neatly organized and named however you choose. You can even share maps between materials to save on RAM automatically.

And new animations! "Collapse" and "Reassemble" :D

9. JBR-games

JBR-games

When i buy the character pack will the riding animations transfer over to the bone dragon ?

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmmmm good question. Yes and No. :)

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 1.31.40 PM.png

The animations match -- like, the same animation for the viewer -- but the bone structure is completely different, so you can't use the "Dragon Rider" animations directly on the bone dragon "Bone" structure.

However, I just quickly did this, the position of the rider & saddle etc is correct on the bone dragon. In theory it should be possible to play the same animations at the same time on each of these objects -- the bone dragon as itself, and the "Dragon Rider" with only the human & saddle options active.

Check this video: http://www.InfinityPBR.com/boneDragonRider.mp4

The "Dragon Rider" portion, with the dragon hidden, has the "Fly" animation playing, as does the Bone Dragon.

So long as they start at the same time, they should match. This looks to be 100% or near to it.

Over time there may be inconsistencies, esp with animation transitions etc. In general they should stay pretty much in sync if all the transition times are in sync, and all the calls are made on the same frames, but it's something to watch out for, and perhaps plan for with checks to make sure they stay in sync.

So, it's not by default something that can be used out of the box -- the animations can't be used on the Bone Dragon. But it's something that can work, as far as players are concerned, with some consideration to the potential issues.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    JBR-games likes this.
  11. JBR-games

JBR-games

Theres only one thing better than riding a dragon... Riding a bone dragon! :eek:

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This would make a great halloween feature, Unity... :D

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

14. JBR-games

JBR-games

Great looking assets as usual. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Mesh Morphing previews...

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

17. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Hello, I'm using Bone Dragon and Unity 5.6 and I'm getting a bunch of errors on build. Any idea what could be the issue? I didn't have the problem on 5.5. upload_2017-4-7_16-25-16.png

infinitypbr likes this.
  18. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

I'm not interested in Morphing at run-time. Is it possible to export the meshes from an older version of Unity? I noticed the base mesh works fine without any of the scripts.

infinitypbr likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The massExporter and copyThisToThat scrips need to be either deleted or moved to the "Editor" folder to make builds. both are intended only for editor use, in a new project dedicated to texture creation. However, I"ll be updating them to .cs at some point soon and will try to fix the issues then.

The Mesh Morphing doesn't have anything to do with the script errors you're seeing :)

20. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Sorry to be a bother but it came up with more errors after moving massExporter and copyThisToThat...Is there more I need to move? I'm using the newest version of the dragons pbr pack upload_2017-4-7_17-33-18.png

21. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Trying in a blank project to make sure its nothing on my end. Has it been tested on 5.6 yet?

22. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

I can confirm I get the same errors in Unity 5.6 with a blank project.

23. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Ok looks like I can reproduce the same problem in 5.5

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I've brought the Dragon pack in to 5.5 (I haven't yet downloaded 5.6), and I'm not getting the same problems. I did have to do the auto-update thing, which I think you were in the process of based on your console log.

But, the errors don't make sense to me -- "UnityEditor" and "EditorWindows" being not found don't make any sense.

(In any case, make a backup before doing any of my suggestions :D )
    Is this a brand new project? If so, try starting from scratch again if you can, reloading the package. If not, try deleting the dragon and all the editor scripts and demo scripts, and re-importing.

In the next couple months Unity will stop supporting .js files, so I'll be updating everything to .cs, which should fix the first problem you had. However, i'm not currently able to reproduce the 2nd one, quite a mysterious one, in a new 5.5 project.

25. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

This is 5.6 keep in mind(Ended up removing 5.5). But I tried in a fresh project and deleted the mass exporter and copythistothat scripts. this happens when i build to Standalone:
    upload_2017-4-14_19-48-42.png

26. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Any plan to update to 5.6? I'm patient :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm guessing those errors aren't 5.6 issues. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it should be. I'd delete the files -- you don't need any of those scripts for anything but texture customization, so if you wan't doing that, then you'll be OK. (And for texture customization, I always recommend doing it in a brand new project).

Over the next two months I"ll be updating all the .js scripts to .cs, which should allow me to adjust things to fix those issues.

But for the screenshot specifically, just move those scripts to the "Editor" folder, or delete them, and the build should build successfully.

mr_rayskinner likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Bone Dragon now comes with MUSIC!

The track "To The Death" is presented in layers, and in the demo scene you can make your own mixes using the Unity Audio Mixer. There are 10 versions already mixed for you to use -- these and your own custom mixes can be exported to game-ready .wav files with a single click.

Check out samples here:

JBR-games likes this.
  29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Bone Dragon pack now has Sound effects!

JBR-games likes this.
  30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Source files are now available for the Bone Dragon Pack PBR! Grab them from InfinityPBR.com -- Substance Painter & Substance Designer. Though Unity caps the .sbsar files at 2k, the original textures for this character are on 4K maps, which you can export directly in Painter.

JBR-games likes this.
  31. pocketIsle

pocketIsle

Hello, We've bought PBR Monster Pack #3, we tried to customize Bone Dragon & export the materials. But the Texture creation scene seems to be broken. We can see that a script is missing in Mass Exporter object, even CT2T - Limbs [Skull|Horns] object.

Looks like we're probably missing some elements in the project, we tried fresh importing the package too, didn't help. Can you please help us.

We're on 2018.1.3f1 by the way.

Thanks

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Let me look into it -- did you get the texture creation scene from the download on my website? (If not, check out infinitypbr.com -- you can register the purchase there, and download the file called "BoneDragonPackPBR_Customization.unitypackage" which has the latest version, just in case I haven't updated the Unity version...I think I did, but it's possible I didn't.)

33. pocketIsle

pocketIsle

Didn't know had to register on your site. Downloading the packing, everything should be fine now. Thanks for the help!

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. pocketIsle

pocketIsle

Hey, so the issue is we were missing CustomzationScripts2017 package. I understand this is for Unity 2017 version. But we're on 2018.1.3f1, and we're getting error while importing the package. Is there a fix for this or we have fallback to Unity 2017?

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Best practice will be to use 2017.x for texture customization. The .sbsar files are meant to be used in the editor only, so it's best to keep them out of your main game project, and simply export the finished maps to import into your game project.

The .sbsar files now need the "Substance For Unity" plugin, which unfortunately is still in beta and has had some pretty severe issues thus far. Until it's stable, I don't want to update my scripts, to avoid more confusion and having to do it all more than once.

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New demo scene video!

00008.jpg 00005.jpg 00001.jpg 00003.jpg