Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Bomber Bug Pack PBR - Customization | Music | SFX | Concept Art | Animations

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, May 18, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music

Part of PBR Monster Pack #2. Get Bomber Bug Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Flying Eye Pack PBR | Gelatinous Cube & Sphere Pack PBR | Slime Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/63127

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=bomberBugPack

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Bomber Bug Pack PBR is a highly customizable bug that explodes itself. Each section of the bug is a sub-mesh, allowing it to be turned on or off. You can take off the wings, the armor, the pincers or horns, or even turn it into a 4 legged bug if you so desired! Did I mention that it explodes??​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Bomber Bug Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Air To Ground
    • Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Attack 3
    • Death
    • Dodge
    • Explode
    • Fly Attack 1 (Avatar Mask)
    • Fly Attack 2 (Avatar Mask)
    • Fly Attack3 (Avatar Mask)
    • Fly Back
    • Fly Death
    • Fly Dodge
    • Fly Dodge Alt (Avatar Mask)
    • Fly Forward
    • Fly Got Hit
    • Fly Got Hit Alt (Avatar Mask)
    • Fly Idle
    • Fly Idle Break (Avatar Mask)
    • Fly Spit/Cast (Avatar Mask)
    • Got Hit
    • Ground To Air
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Run
    • Spit / Cast
    • Walk
    • Walk Backward

YouTube Videos

Animations & Audio only

This is a demonstration about texture customization, dealing with the basics, some minor considerations for this (organic) bug, and environmental effects.

This is the demo of the demo (which you can download from the links at the top of the page). We showcase the textures that I've exported for you (of course you should be creating your own!) and the animations.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    chelnok likes this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Full AUDIO is now included! :D

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

9. OZAV

OZAV

Is this asset scripted ?
    How about one video, as to:
    how (exactly) to integrate this asset with RFPS based projects ?

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What is RPFS?

11. OZAV

OZAV

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Got it. I've never used it, so idk what their scripts are expecting. I'm assuming you're looking for it to be an enemy? if so, I'd do whatever it is they do for the zombies etc that seem to be part of their project?

Otherwise, it's probably better to ask the question on their forum: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/realistic-fps-prefab-released.176985/

There's way too many possible ways to set up a character for me to even begin to guess, but since they likely have one way of doing it, they'd be able to tell you.

jakejolli likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Bomber Bug now has CONCEPT ART :)

There are three individual pieces. Each one is layered in Photoshop so you can turn on/off the wings, pincers, horns & more. Or use the layers to modify the color of some parts but not others.

The download is available NOW at http://www.InfinityPBR.com -- will be added to the asset store once they approve the update, probably in about 10-15 days.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Music will be available tonight! Here's a preview of the 10 versions of the song "Hidden Shadows" that are included. You can make your own mixes in the demo scene and export them to game-ready .wav files with a single click!

15. Misciagno

Misciagno

Are there variations of the animations that do not have root movement? I'm interested in a few of your assets but we cant use them if the animation is moving the whole monster in world space because we handle that in our code.

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think you can turn off root motion using a toggle in the inspector. There seems to be a scripting option for that as well.

17. jakejolli

jakejolli

I'm trying to import the Creatures Pack #2 into Unity 2018, and it causes an error with the Substance import, as per this article from Allegorithmic. In a nutshell, the article says that it needs to be opened in Unity 2017, then close the project, reopen in 2018, and voila.

However, I have a number of your packs, and suspect the same problem will occur with more than one of them. It'll be a lot of work to do this process over and over again. Will you be re-releasing this for Unity 2018?

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

When importing, exclude the .sbsar files. Look for the “procedural materials” folders and the “runtime materials” folder.

None of those files are required for the packs to work. The “textures customization” aspect can still be done in 2017.x, in a separate project, which is what I suggest either way.

I am removing that, and .sbsar files, from new packs. The issues that they’re causing with the Substance in Unity plugin not working right is too much, causing way too much confusion. Since I can’t control it, better to remove it. I do include substance painter project files for chcatacyers. Those are far better to use for customization, they’ll provide a much better result.

Hope that works!!

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr