Search Unity

Games Infinitum - The Discovery, an open world science fiction adventure.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LSpring, May 16, 2020.

1. LSpring

LSpring

Hello everyone. Thought I would share some screen shots from the development of a fairly ambitious Windows PC project that I'm working on.

I just wrapped up this first demo phase and started doing some screen captures that represent exactly one month of work, starting from a blank project. This is just the beginning, but hopefully you can see where I'm going with this from the images.

The main thrust of this phase was to get a demo that captures much of the intended look and feel of the game in playable form for still and video captures.

Of course, I will be updating this thread as I progress with development.

Cheers.

Infinitum_Discovery_01.jpg
    Infinitum_Discovery_03.jpg
    Infinitum_Discovery_13.jpg
    Infinitum_Discovery_14.jpg
    Infinitum_Discovery_22.jpg

2. unit_dev123

unit_dev123

looks very cool start, are you baking the gi at moment and using something called microsplat or lux shader for vertex displacement when man walks?

3. LSpring

LSpring

All lighting is real-time, for various reasons including dynamic time of day changes and shifting atmosphere types as a part of gameplay. I do use reflection probes quite a bit, but I control many through a custom script designed to optimize performance based on camera visibility, proximity, and detected lighting/environment changes.

I’m not using microsplat or lux. I have a mix of my own custom terrain shader and some other layered elements combined to give me the visuals I like. I’m going for a blend of realism with a hint of “concept art” look.

I’ve been using simple placeholder visuals for leaving footsteps behind in the sand, but I’m working on an additional layer of dynamic sand effects, so the next update will support objects (including feet) colliding with and shifting that layer.