Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinite Runner Ultimate (Cheapest Endless Running System on Asset Store)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by subho0406, Oct 5, 2014.

1. subho0406

subho0406

Infinite Runner Ultimate
    2015-05-21_131805.png

Infinite Runner Ultimate is a professional tool to create endless runner games with ease. It comes with a complete user guide and video tutorials to get started in developing awesome games.

The scripts are heavily optimized to give maximum performance on a low end device. The scripts are written in C#, well documented and support both Unity free Pro. Unity 5 is completely supported.

Infinite Runner Ultimate features procedural object and track placement. Which means you can control every aspect of how your worlds will build. It features waypoint based path editing which makes it easy to control the path in which the player will move in a track and hence makes it easy to add height variations and curves in a track.
    A developer friendly demo scene is included. It also comes with the original IRU demo scene.

Buy now from Unity Asset Store

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/23710

Starting Price of 25$ only

Features
    • Object Pooling
    Each and every asset, models, props, roads and tracks can be pooled and amount of pool is modifiable.​
    • Multiple Worlds
    Add any number of worlds to your game. Each world can have any number of Tracks.. The appearance probability and random length of each track is modifiable​
    • Procedural World and Track Generation appearance of each track can be change from any aspect
    Setting the rules is so easy with the easy GUI interface.​
    • Procedural Props and enemies generation. They can created at any fixed or random position using mesh based object placement
    Use of mesh based object placement allows you to place props in any way you want. The place where you place props or other object doesn't need to be flat. It can be of any shape as you can add any mesh where where you want props to be placed.​
    • Player Score, 2D Mobile Friendly UI using Unity UI.
    • Mobile Ready and highly optimized CSharp scripts
    Tested of Nvidia Tegra 3, Adreno 203, and Adreno 305​
    • Tracks of any shape can be used using Unity Waypoint scripts
    • Three PowerUps included (Coin Magnet, Invincible, FastRun)
    Coin Magnet pulls coins towards the player
    Invincible makes the player invincible (Lol the name says it :p)
    FastRun is same as the boost in Temple Run and Subway Surfers​
    • Chasing Enemy and Sounds included
    A chasing Robot is included which can be easily changed​
    • Mecanim Animation Support
    Requires Unity 4.0 or above​
    • Curved Shader with Random Changing curves
    The Curve Manager allows to change curves randomly at runtime. See it in the demo yourself.​
    • Turns
    Supports Left, Right and Both Turns​
    • Three slot Track System
    Similar to Subway Surfers​
    • Accelerometer Controls
    Similar to Temple Run​
    • Online and Offline Documentation
    • Camera Animation
    • Custom Editor Scripts
    • Waypoint based path editing
    Waypoint based path editing makes it easy to add height variations and add roads with curves.​
    • Jump, Slide and Run Movements
    • Achievements
    Easily add your own achievements. Useful documentation on useful functions which can be called to complete an achievement and do other Player stuff
    • Complete Store System
    Easy to use Store system that integrates easily with UGUI. ​
    Promise to Future Updates
    • Google Play Dashboard
    • Facebook Dashboard
    • Whatever you suggest :)

WebPlayer and Gallery
    www.blackgearstudio.in/irugallery

ScreenShots

2015-05-21_125246.jpg

2015-05-21_125555.jpg
    2015-05-21_124241.jpg

2015-05-21_125433.jpg

For more shots visit
    www.blackgearstudio.in/irugallery

Video Overview

Documentation

www.blackgearstudio.in/irudoc

Visit Us
    http://www.blackgearstudio.in

Twitter
    http://twitter.com/subho406

Buy now from Unity Asset Store

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/23710

Google Play Store Link (Outdated version)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BlackGearStudio.InfiniteRunnerUltimate

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. subho0406

subho0406

Version Changes
    Version v2.0 -
    1. NGUI Pro and Free support removed.
    2. UGUI is now supported.UI is now 2D mobile freindly.
    3. Store system.
    4. Waypoint Based path editing using bezier curves
    5. New manual updates and new topics
    6. Included a developer freindly demo scene which demostrates waypoint based track
    7. Complete Unity 5 support.

Version v1.5 -
    1. Fixed floating point issues on large distance. Now player can go infinite distances without problems.
    2. NGUI Pro is now supported. NGUI Free still comes included
    3. Achivements System supported
    4. New Script Achivements.cs
    5. Fix bugs with data not properly reloading
    6. NGUI Pro Sample Scene and scripts. NGUI Free is still included and is supported completely.
    7. New Topics in Manual

v1.0.5
    Improved Touch Controls Fixed errors while adding PropPoolManager.cs

v 1.0.1
    Initial Edition

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. subho0406

subho0406

Don't forget to post your suggestions or questions on the asset!

4. Guy_Code

Guy_Code

Hey , I am From nepal and I am Very Much Interested in Buying Your Product. It's a Really Cool Price mate .
    But I find that there are no Posts On this Forum .
    I am a Starter in Unity .
    I will surely Buy this package .
    But Will I be assisted in working with This package ,
    Will I be answered my problems with this package
    Please Reply me
    If Then , Kudos , I am getting in this one

5. subho0406

subho0406

Hi sure because this is a new product just 3 days so there are less reviews. About support you can always contact me if you have problems I'll be ready to help you plus video tutorials will be coming within a week.
    Please don't forget to rate after purchasing it will be very helpfull. :)

6. Guy_Code

Guy_Code

Really Thanks Brother. I am Buying it Today ,
    Can I personally Contact You Through Email or Something Like that .
    Your Work Seems Great As I played through the Web Demo
    Great Brother !!

7. subho0406

subho0406

Yes I will try to reply as soon as possible whenever I'm free from my school studies I'm also opening a forum for this software.

8. subho0406

subho0406

9. subho0406

subho0406

New version 1.0.5 submitted with improved touch and bug fixes
    More updates soon with features such as NGUI pro support and animation when sideways soon!

10. Guy_Code

Guy_Code

Okay 1 Thing here
    Should I have to Rebuy the New Version for all the Updates ?

11. subho0406

subho0406

No of course not

12. subho0406

subho0406

News!!!
    For those having problems with floating point error on large distances a bug fix will be uploaded soon!

13. subho0406

subho0406

New Version available
    Version v1.5 -
    1. Fixed floating point issues on large distance. Now player can go infinite distances without problems. A technique called origin reset was used
    2. NGUI Pro is now supported. NGUI Free still comes included
    3. Achivements System supported
    4. New Script Achivements.cs
    5. Fix bugs with data not properly reloading
    6. NGUI Pro Sample Scene and scripts. NGUI Free is still included and is supported completely.
    7. New Topics in Manual

14. kingseyb

kingseyb

will you be adding a store system nd respawn soon?

15. subho0406

subho0406

Next version will include Ugui support and will be available within a week.
    Store and respawn will be available after 2-3 months along with other new features yet at the same price. Actually I'm having exams which is the reason for the delay. I will also add more video tutorials.

16. super-cypher

super-cypher

Hi
    have you updated this for unity5?
    thanks

17. subho0406

subho0406

Currently unity 5 support is still beta. Unity ui support will release within a month.. Unity 5 will be supported only after stable release of unity 5

18. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

I've got a weird problem.
    I have attached rigidbodies to some of my obstacles and enabled gravity. Doing so causes obstacle colliders to b in places they shouldn't and some really weird stretching or renderers.

Am I not able to use gravity with your obstacle and pooling system? (Turning gravity off solves the problem).

19. subho0406

subho0406

Are your obstacles getting scaled to weird values. If yes then check whether the object holding the track obstacle script has scale (1,1,1) . Any other scale can cause problem change the scale of collider, not the object holding track obstacle. But you can move the track obstacle object always make sure the track obstacle is at the center of the collider( check the manual for details)

If you are having problem with gravity I advice to have a check while using gravity. Create a script which checks whether the enemy is active. If it is so then turn on gravity else turn it off. This way it will cause gravity to not interact with iru scripts.

20. paskal007r

paskal007r

@subho0406
    Hi, I've added moving objects to the scene, these object follow along the player's movement with a huge headstart. There is this strange behaviour: they now disappear when the "owner" track object (in which they were instantiated as obstacle) is getting cleaned up after the player passes over. I need to somehow tell the appropriate manager that they need to be considered not as part of the object that originated them but the one they currently are in. Which data structures should I manage to change?

Also, I'd like to put UI text objects in the scene, but the curved shader needs to be somehow applied, otherwise they seem to float around detached from their actual position. Is that possible in any way? Or must I necessarily use ngui?

21. subho0406

subho0406

Are the objects that are following the player instantiated by track obstacles scripts. If yes then interfering the pools might cause the pool manager to malfunction. I recommend using a better approach towards this. Like the track obstacle instead of creating the moving object would create an empty game object. This game object would contain a script which would check whether the game object is active and is it time to create the moving object. And if it is so it would instantiate the moving object at its position and deparent it so that it does not get deactivated when the empty game object is deactivated by the pool manager.

Ui text uses a different shader and so they seem displaced when they are far from the camera. When using curved shader any other object with a different shader placed far away from camera will cause this problem. Even ngui will cause that problem when they are far from camera. I recommend converting text to texture and then using curved shader on them.

22. paskal007r

paskal007r

Yes, of course.

by doing so I would essentially be subtracting the actual moving object from the pool manager control, losing therefore the advantage of pooling and having to either instantiate said moving objects at runtime or to write another pooling algorithm myself. Am I correct?
    If that's so, could you at least tell me which data structure holds the pooled objects and which function executes the de-activation so that I may at least try to reverse engineer the algorithm and write a dedicated class for said moving objects?

Damn, I feared so!
    That's quite a downer. Thanks anyway!

23. subho0406

subho0406

Yes you are right doing so you would have to create your own pooling system. If you still want to reverse engineer have a look at poolmanager.cs which has a class variable list which holds all the obstacles, their probabilities and procedures.

24. paskal007r

paskal007r

The closest matching name is PropPoolManager.cs, is that correct?

thank you

25. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

Does, having lots of separate track obstacle objects (with the trackobstacle.cs attached) cause some performance issues?

I am getting a big cpu spike when a track loads with like 8 or more track obstacle zones.
    GC.Collect gets high
    As does GameObject.Activate

edit: So running on Android it is taking TrackObject.Update() 42.72ms to update. 31.86ms of that is for GameObject.Activate. What gives? If I batched all the renders together would that improve the time its taking to load track objects?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  26. paskal007r

paskal007r

hi, again I'm experiencing strange issues with the curved shader.
    The shape of the character on the right is only a dev-level placeholder mesh, made with several cubes and quads, but all of its materials have been set to the InfinityRunnerUltimate/CurvedShader. Oddly enough the shape is completely decomposed in the rendered scene.
    Is that normal?

27. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

Is there any way we could have a World exclusion like we have track exclusion. I want to not have repeating worlds.

28. subho0406

subho0406

I think joining meshes might solve your problem.

29. subho0406

subho0406

This is possible if through a script you set the probability of appearance of a world in world manager to zero.

30. subho0406

subho0406

Yes too many trackobstacles might give you performance problem. One way to reduce this is to increase the frames mod variable which splits up placement jobs and does them in a number frames.

31. subho0406

subho0406

Good news! UNITY 5 Support will be coming soon along with other features such as unity ui support, store system. New version will support only Unity 4.6 and above.

32. paskal007r

paskal007r

Good news indeed! I really look forward to the store system.
    And thanks for the suggestion about joining meshes, maybe I was going too heavily on the "coder-level" side of graphics XD
    Anyway, since there is currently no way to apply the shader to ui text, I've since resolved to avoid using that shader on this project for now.
    In another project anyway I'm using it and I'd like to know if there is a way to apply a toon shader over it.
    Can I do so by setting a fallback inside the shader's code?

33. paskal007r

paskal007r

Oh, FYI, I've successfully imported a heavily modded IRU project in unity 5 without any apparent bugs, :)

34. subho0406

subho0406

I didn't get much time yet to do that recently. Anyway thanks for the info

35. subho0406

subho0406

v2.0 has been released

36. subho0406

subho0406

v2.0 now includes complete Store system.

37. LongGood

LongGood

Mr. Subho,
    First of all,thanks for your great asset that save me many time in building IRG.
    While further study your code and Architecture, in Simple Demo Scene. I found the number of instantiated "Track" (I call it partial scene components from prefab)will increased massively after a specific time, which cause FPS reduced badly. Or two "Track" will be overlapped.
    unity-crash.jpg
    I check with WorldManager.cs script but can't figure it out. Can you help me with this?
    Thank you

Ray

38. subho0406

subho0406

I tried testing the scene many times but never noticed such thing happen. Might be you added an empty world in world manager from inspector. Are you getting some errors when this happens? does this happens from stock ie without any modification? can you check the profiler to see what might be causing the error.
    Another problem can be there are two world managers in your scene which causes the number of pool to double up and creates roads two times.

39. subho0406

subho0406

Unity 5 is now supported...

40. Dark-Link

Dark-Link

NVm. Just saw the update was 4 days ago. In the asset store. Thank you very much for making the best Inf Runner asset

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  41. maidamedia

maidamedia

bought it yesterday. Performance seem to be very poor on an octacore android device. Any suggestions? Also when you swipe right/left the game breaks. thx

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  42. subho0406

subho0406

The demo scene runs on 30fps on moto E and redmi 1s. Stunned to see such performance on an octa core device. Check your GPU and try selecting texture compression made for your GPU in build settings. Also try running the simple demo scene to check whether similar problem happens there too.

43. maidamedia

maidamedia

I think there are too many lights in your road prefabs

44. J0linar

J0linar

@subho0406
    just got your asset, rly nice
    i would like to ask if its possible to turn the camera into a fps camera?
    Along with the usage of FPS View Models such as Hands...

45. subho0406

subho0406

A bit modification with the Player script might help you :)

46. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I have bought this some time ago (Sent by PM the order number) and I wonder if I could do the following:

1 - REPLACE HUMAN RUNNER WITH SPACESHIP
    I want to replace the third person man with a third person space ship instead, so the space ship will not need to jump or run. I have already made my own third person script to move it, but I need to make it run.

So, please how could I make it replace the Ethan Human with a flying ship, with the same "runner" speed, but obviously without walking.

2 - NOT USE THE 3 SLOTS ROAD AND MAKE IT MOVE FROM SIDE TO SIDE
    I want to know also if it would be possible that the spaceship could move from side to side without using the 3 slots or 3 roads parts, just only move side to side AND also make the road wider with more space available.

3 - HOW TO NOT USE THE CORNERS AND BE ALWAYS STRAIGHT OR CURVED?

In the first demo there is the procedural scene that creates corners, and I want to know how to remove the corners and only have straight or curved road?

Thanks very much for your help

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  47. GB51

GB51

Hi! Is the Infinite Runner fully supported by Unity 5.3? Thanks in Advance ! :)

48. twobob

twobob

The lighting in the simple demo might be better served as set to REALTIME lighting.
    This would stop the horrible flickering when you go between levels, we have fixed our version for now.

Also: erm, didn't I send you the fix for this? at least one version ago?
    upload_2015-12-17_16-56-43.png
    (sent you another email with the info again)

And also at the end of the ULTIMATE when you die, the next time through it plays the basic track!

Also I don't see the correct LAYERS appearing even though I have copied the file across
    upload_2015-12-17_17-26-10.png
    Although the TAGS did appear.

upload_2015-12-17_17-27-22.png
    can I just have a PICTURE somewhere of the layers you expect. and where.

Your current system is non-compatible and just produces blank names

upload_2015-12-17_17-32-19.png
    even less helpful than "Unnamed X" was.

The manual does not actually have a picture of the Tag/Layers nor does it list them.

Have you tested this with the latest Unity?

Cheers :)

EDIT:

worked out so far...
    GroundLayer is 11
    EnemyAndWallLayer is 9

just in case someone else needs this

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  49. subho0406

subho0406

Yes Unity 5.3 compatible version has been uploaded!

50. twobob

twobob

What like just now? Well thank you then

You don't make mention of the other points so hopefully they made it into the update,

People should note that accidentally clicking APPLY on the player (I.E. Linking him back to his prefab) in fact currently breaks the menuing system. Hopefully the developer will change this in the future.

Sorry if I don't sound super happy. However working through the same old set of issues when approaching a deadline is not exactly inspiring, anyway.
    A game. Done in less than a day. http://kaycare.co.uk/games/kmas/

upload_2015-12-18_15-15-27.png

Takeaways: The menu system for this product is uneccessarily complicated, and breaks a lot.
    I would polietly suggest aspects of this project deserves a revist for your paying customers.

The UI does not easily fit to all screen sizes OOTB.
    upload_2015-12-18_15-18-1.png

For some reason it uses fixed offsets from the center. Better to use offsets from the edge inwards. Anyways, we "made it work" by simply clicking the couple of buttons it took to fix.
    upload_2015-12-18_16-9-41.png

Best regards.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015